Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

I am from GA but was raised over toward Cherokee county, so I am not familiar with the area he was found. Ironically it was a friend I have in Florida that told me about Kelly initially, as she is close friends with his mom. So not the ending we were praying for.

Since I don't know that area, would it have been possible that it was him in the video from the gas station parking lot? Would he have passed the gas station walking to the water? This is just so strange. It was very cold that night as well. The family has not really said anything at this point, other than what has been posted.

Yes, he could well have passed the Citgo station at the Corner of Buford Dam Road and Little Mill Road. See map.

Citgo.JPG

A private investigator reportedly told a local newspaper on Monday, January 12, that Nash may have been seen the day before he disappeared in a rough part of Buford talking with some bad people. The private eye later denied he said that. According to Nash's family, Gwinnett County Police told them there is no evidence that Nash was associating with anyone "bad."

Nash appeared on surveillance video at a Citgo station at Buford Dam Road and Little Mill Road, around the corner from his house, at about 9:00 p.m. the night before his disappearance. In the footage, Nash was wearing his pajamas under his jacket. He was on the phone with his live-in girlfriend, making sure that he picked up everything they needed. He made it home uneventfully. But by 7:30 the next morning, Nash was gone. He left without his wallet, money, credit cards, ID, phone, and pickup truck. He was possibly still in his pajamas.

The convenience store video at about 4:30 the morning that Kelly disappeared does show a grainy, dark image outside, of someone passing by, but no one can tell who it is.

Kelly Nash owned a gun at one point -- a Glock 9mm. No one has been able to find it, but no one is sure if he even still owned it.

Kelly Nash worked at his father's construction business. He was a full time college student about to earn his accounting degree. He spent what free time he had with his girlfriend, Jessica.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/buford/2015/01/12/kelly-nash-missing/21672147/
video at link

View attachment 67401

The only thing that makes any sense to me at this point is that maybe he was taking meds for his sinus infection or cold etc, and it messed with him. He went for a walk and fell in the water. The wrong over the counter meds and lack of sleep can really screw with a person. I've seen it firsthand.

And given the cool water (even here in the south the water is cold) it is easy to see where the cold can get to a person before they can get out of the water.
I think I can accept the how (that he went into the water without foul play) but still am curious as to why (why was he out wandering around?).

The only thing that makes any sense to me at this point is that maybe he was taking meds for his sinus infection or cold etc, and it messed with him. He went for a walk and fell in the water. The wrong over the counter meds and lack of sleep can really screw with a person. I've seen it firsthand.

I've kind of wondered if the excuse of not feeling well was more of a cover for why he was up.

Article states foul play is not suspected. I wonder what makes them say that so quickly. I sure think it is odd for someone to go out and disappear in the middle of the night and then end up in the lake. I'm confused.

I see them claim that all the time, while out of the other side of their mouth they claim not to know the cause of death. I think part of it is to keep the public reassured that there isn't a killer walking around among them, even though there actually might be.

Taking the gun with him isn't all that hard to imagine, people carry weapons all the time for self defense, with some people it is just habit. Unless the cops are just completely blowing smoke, it doesn't appear he used it on himself.

He goes out for a walk early a.m., in the dark, with a pistol. He goes out and takes a stroll around the edge of the water with both flu medications and sleep deprivation working against him. This is most likely going to end up being one of those strange accidents that nobody can really explain, and really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Just a bizarre accident.

Young man disappears, found in water, why in the heck does this continue to happen in so many cases??? And usually the death is ruled suicide, or accidental drowning, and that's that.

Completely JMO. People take far more prescription drugs and illegal drugs today than in the past. Since the internet came on the scene, you can stay up all night and converse or play games, whatever. Think how sleep-deprived this makes people, whether they admit it or not. It has become a badge of honour in some circles to be so "busy" that you get by on 4 hours sleep and others marvel at you.

But, physically, your body is not functioning at 100%. Your thinking is not as clear. Your reaction time is off. Your mood is rough. Your natural sleep cycle is shot. Red Bulls all day. Stay awake too late. Ambien and weed. (An example only.) Add Nyquil for the cold. Coughing fit, walk outside. Get disoriented, try to find your way back, get more lost. Now you are physically exhausted. Step into that cold water, struggle. It probably would not, unfortunately, take much to drown from there.

And again, not implying anything in Mr. Nash's case, but more men than women complete suicide.
RIP, Kelly.

AWW! I have been following this case. I was so afraid he was in the lake. Prayers for his family and blessings to them.

So sad to see Kelly has been found deceased. I hope the details about what happened to Kelly form a picture from which his family can find peace in time. How incredibly sad :(

I can not read the comments either..so weird. Can you hide comments while posting on FB? Is there like a privacy lock maybe??
Prayers to the family. This is so sad. RIP Kelly.

All Facebook Pages, the owners of them (those who set them up), can disable comments, or hide them. I've run a few pages over there, groups are different.

Rest In Peace Kelly~

" Documentary Will cover month long search....the last segment claims he died from gunshot wound which has never been reported before!
Documentary is titled "Gone in Georgia". This apparently was news to the family??? When asked ... sheriff in hall county defers comment until medical report has been released. The question is...how did documentary find out this information. When the reporters contacted ID, they said info came from exclusive statement from Hall county sheriffs office"

Above is paraphrasing what was on the local news just now.

:bump:

Show is tonight

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for these updates!

I google for updates on Kelly's case every couple of weeks, and am always so disappointed to find none.

Went to a party tonight before the ID CHANNEL show at 9 pm tonight...the party was "atthelake" and some were talking about this case.... (well I asked, others just answered iykwim)

The scuttle/RUMOR/ :moo: that I heard is that folks up there heard from the beginning that he had an injury/hole in the head.... that SHE/GIRLFRIEND found him and not the boaters... and that the home near the dock where he was found was near where HIS parents lived.

SMH SMH.... I have never heard ANY OF THIS.

Has there been any documentation for gal friend and not boaters found him or that HIS parents lived near there? SMH SMH is this what RL is like and unfounded rumors atthelake that are passed around..... or have I just been out of the loop?

Went to a party tonight before the ID CHANNEL show at 9 pm tonight...the party was "atthelake" and some were talking about this case.... (well I asked, others just answered iykwim)

The scuttle/RUMOR/ :moo: that I heard is that folks up there heard from the beginning that he had an injury/hole in the head.... that SHE/GIRLFRIEND found him and not the boaters... and that the home near the dock where he was found was near where HIS parents lived.

SMH SMH.... I have never heard ANY OF THIS.

Has there been any documentation for gal friend and not boaters found him or that HIS parents lived near there? SMH SMH is this what RL is like and unfounded rumors atthelake that are passed around..... or have I just been out of the loop?

Based on the news articles describing what road the cove was behind, and Google searching, his dad (mom lives in FL) did, indeed, live very close to where Kelly was found.

Girlfriend can be Googled also. Some interesting stuff. Maybe not indicative of involvement-more likely just stupid youthful mistakes. Still......

Did NOT know she is the one who found him. Awful.

I had read a rumor (in news comments) that she was there taking pics with her phone when his body was being removed.

ETA: thanks, atthelake, for the local insight.

Based on the news articles describing what road the cove was behind, and Google searching, his dad (mom lives in FL) did, indeed, live very close to where Kelly was found.

Girlfriend can be Googled also. Some interesting stuff. Maybe not indicative of involvement-more likely just stupid youthful mistakes. Still......

Did NOT know she is the one who found him. Awful.

I had read a rumor (in news comments) that she was there taking pics with her phone when his body was being removed.

ETA: thanks, atthelake, for the local insight.

Note EllieBee... my ENTIRE POST above was at a party today with folks from "atthelake" (Lake Lanier).

I do NOT know that she was the one who found him and merely relaying party local talk... and that is :thinking: to me :thinking: as I have never heard such. Prior post was ONLY to relay what folks locally have said, not any inside information.

I have also never heard that his parents lived off that road which I heard today. Was merely asking others here if they ever heard such.

Again... EVERYTHING in my last post 30 minutes ago is rumor from folks that live onthelake very very near.

The ID special and exclusive starts in 15 minutes.... I'll be watching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back