GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this case from awhile back and read every article on it at the time and did extensive research and the scenario that he was trying to reach his shoe in the rolled up mat seemed the most likely. I saw no evidence of any foul play.

His shoe was found at the bottom of the hole created by the rolled up mat. I do not think there is anyway that someone would be able to shove him into the mat against his will It was a tight fit and the only way a body could get into that hole was to be alive and actively trying to get into it.

As for the theory that he was beat up and rolled up into it.. the "perp" would have had to had some help to move all of the mats to get that mat behind all of the others. Plus, why would a perp throw a lone shoe into the hole at the bottom of the mat?

I'm sorry for the family's loss. I know when a loved one dies a senseless death, that the loved ones search for every possible reason possible why it happened but in this case I do think it was an accident and the victim was alone when it happened.

After all, many other student reported that they stored their gym shoes in secret places in the gym so that fits in to why his shoes were there. The lockers for the kids were apparently on the other side of the school and the kids did not have time to retrieve and then put back shoes between classes.

Based upon the fact that he was upside down, the blood pooling in his face would account for the bruised look. The weight of the blood, along with tissue that was decomposing would cause great swelling and damage to the tissue.

The "blunt force trauma" that the 2nd autopsy shows, was it just tissue damage or was there damage to a bone/skill such as a hairline fracture, etc?
I'm not suggesting that he was put into it alive. I think he was killed, then rolled up into it. Yes, there could've been more than one person involved.

The family autopsy, as I understand it, claims busing to the soft tissue, not bones. I fail to see why that would cause his death.
I still think he accidentally fell into the mat and got stuck in it.

www.cnn.com/2013/09/03/us/georgia-teen-death-autopsy/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Georgia teen Kendrick Johnson's death was not accidental, family's autopsy finds"

Wasn't sure if this was posted..... 'blunt force trauma' sounds bad , as if Kendrick was placed into the mat after he'd died.

Thanks for the link! Also states:

The family's attorney, Chevene King, has sent the independent autopsy report to the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the U.S . Attorney for Georgia's Middle District and Lowndes County Coroner for review........

"Coroner's inquests are not something you do every day. I cannot tell you the last time a coroner's inquest was done in this office," Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson said.

"I want to do the right thing by the people and the county and all concerned; I'm just not sure we have enough information. I'm not about to refute anybody's findings because I'm not a doctor," said Watson.........

Doesn't sound like he wants to have a coroner's inquest, but he has 2 different doctor's findings now and it needs to be cleared up. Maybe one of the other agencies will take action. All these questions need to be resolved, to me. Was Kendrick beaten or murdered or not?

Grantland, with a long and detailed look at the case:

A Death in Valdosta
---
Kendrick Lamar Johnson was 17 and muscled and often quiet. He was 5-foot-10 and 160 pounds — an undersize power forward, a seamless hurdler, and a safety who hit like a linebacker. His favorite hamburger came from a truck stop down I-75, just on the other side of Wildwood. He rarely started fights, but when provoked he ended them. His favorite college football team depended on when he was asked: Some days it was Florida, other days Ohio State, and every now and then he'd say he favored UNLV. He hoped to someday learn to grill as well as his father, to win state, and to go to college. He would do none of those things. We know that on the morning of Thursday, January 10, he arrived at Lowndes High School wearing three layers of shirts — a white tank top, an orange T-shirt, and a white T-shirt — as well as a belt, jeans, black gym shorts, and boxers. Somewhere on him, he had a Starburst wrapper. We know this from the initial autopsy report, though that document's assertions have now been called into question.
--
-
much more at the link

CNN) - Georgia teen Kendrick Johnson, who was found dead in a rolled-up gym mat at his high school in January, died as the result of "unexplained, apparent non-accidental, blunt force trauma," according to a newly released, independent autopsy report.

Mods please move this .., I can't find where it belongs:(

updated 8:54 PM EDT 09.04.13
Autopsy: Georgia teen's death not an accident

CNN) - Georgia teen Kendrick Johnson, who was found dead in a rolled-up gym mat at his high school in January, died as the result of "unexplained, apparent non-accidental, blunt force trauma," according to a newly released, independent autopsy report.

Mods please move this .., I can't find where it belongs:(

updated 8:54 PM EDT 09.04.13
Autopsy: Georgia teen's death not an accident
......read ^ brought over

I'm not suggesting that he was put into it alive. I think he was killed, then rolled up into it. Yes, there could've been more than one person involved.

IIRC, the timeline from the video doesn't allow enough time, between when KJ entered the gym alone and when other students came in after him, for anyone to kill him, roll his body in a mat, and then arrange that mat in the center of the stack. However, it does allow enough time for KJ to enter the gym, climb up on the mats to try to find his shoes and get stuck in one of the stacked mats. That's why I'm focusing on the video. IMO, it's one of the most important pieces of evidence for piecing together the facts of this tragedy.

Hey, Blondie, thanks for cnn.com link w. updated info w. new expert.

Now, death scene imagery obtained exclusively by CNN has led a former FBI agent to question how the three-sport athlete died.

"I don't believe this was an accident. I think this young man met with foul play," said Harold Copus, now an Atlanta private investigator....

A 15-minute video and nearly 700 photos taken by sheriff's investigators in Lowndes County documented the horrific scene.

Teen's parents attorney arranged for a second autopsy.
Was there an announcement about filing or intention to file civil lawsuit?

Did they hire former FBI agent to review vid & pix? CNN hire him?
If the article referenced that, I missed it.

How did he get access to review vid & pix?

especially after what the Justice Dept determined. Glad this case is not closed.

yes from what I read there were the victims shows and another shoe found, but they didnt know who it belonged to.

I cannot believe his body was stuffed with old newspaper. What in the world is going on?

If the funeral home received a body stuffed with newspaper, wouldn't they notify the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82