GUILTY GA - Laila Daniel, 2, beaten to death, McDonough, 17 Nov 2015 *foster parents arrested*

From the affidavit linked above:

The child was injured about her body in it's entirety (head, chest, abdomen, pelvis, back, arms and legs)

That is NOT "general bumps and bruises of childhood play" as the defense is stating. The 4yr old sister who also had sever bruising said she was told by JR to say she fell. Those two innocent baby girls where living a nightmare in a place deemed "safe" after being pulled from another bad situation.

How does this monster get only a $100,000 bond for these atrocities??? Seems like justice may be better served if the case is moved out of this 'aspiring politician's' backyard. jmo

DFCS report reveals new details in child's death

After Laila Daniel’s death, Jennifer Rosenbaum told DFCS workers that she “never bathed Laila and was not aware of her having any marks or bruises.”

When certain issues such as a broken leg were brought up to Jennifer Rosenbaum, she told DFCS staff that those issues had occurred during normal play or at gymnastics. The gym later told workers that Laila had never been enrolled in gymnastics there.

Since being placed in the care of a different foster family, Laila Daniel's sister has begun to reveal incidents of physical discipline while in the Rosenbaums’ care, according to the report.

Jennifer Rosenbaum came forward and requested to have both girls placed in her home. Rosenbaum said she knew the girls’ mother from childhood. A juvenile court judge and a Henry County Assistant District Attorney, Mary Evans-Battle, both reportedly encouraged DFCS to use Jennifer Rosenbaum as a placement for the children, the report stated.
Rosenbaum had been an intern in the DA's office.

BBM. Could explain how she got that nifty deal on such a low bond. Also, I'd love to hear her explanation of why this seemingly intelligent woman called DFCS instead of 911 when this poor baby was chocking to death.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/mcdonough-stockbridge/2015/12/16/dfcs-report-reveals-new-details-childs-death/77455058/

BBM. Could explain how she got that nifty deal on such a low bond. Also, I'd love to hear her explanation of why this seemingly intelligent woman called DFCS instead of 911 when this poor baby was chocking to death.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/mcdonough-stockbridge/2015/12/16/dfcs-report-reveals-new-details-childs-death/77455058/

In that same article, it states (during the murder of this child), Laila was choking on chicken and Rosenbaum used a butter knife to try to push the chicken down.....Really, who in their right mind would do that.

Were the Rosenbaums actual "foster parents" or were the kids just living there? I ask because as part of the foster parent training, you must go thru CPR training. Choking is a common childhood issue with little ones. Foster parents would know how to respond safely and appropriately.

That article is alarming - so many glaring lies. Gymnastics, day care, bathing, choking.

In that same article, it states (during the murder of this child), Laila was choking on chicken and Rosenbaum used a butter knife to try to push the chicken down.....Really, who in their right mind would do that.

Were the Rosenbaums actual "foster parents" or were the kids just living there? I ask because as part of the foster parent training, you must go thru CPR training. Choking is a common childhood issue with little ones. Foster parents would know how to respond safely and appropriately.

That article is alarming - so many glaring lies. Gymnastics, day care, bathing, choking.
I think they were official foster parents, but it sounds like rules were bent and they were placed with the Rosenbaums before they were actually certified because they had a lot of connections. So I would not be surprised if things like cpr training never occured.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am beyond disgusted. No amount of connections, delusions of grandeur, or nepotism (if proven), should ever justify what appears to have happened in this case.

I have to be CPR certified by an AHA-accredited provider. No fly-by-night online courses, which are out there! IMO, there needs to be oversight by the SAO, or higher. How can anyone be assured that this case is looked into in an unbiased manner?!

Lady Justice is supposed be be blind. She does NOT turn a blind eye to injustices as horrific as this!

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking! Push the chicken down with a knife?! I have heard everything now.

Poor little baby.

So, JR said she "overcame" some sort of childhood trauma and felt like she was a good choice to be mother for these little angels. Clearly, she is not that good at self-assessment. Did the court even bother to find out what happened to JR before they placed these babies with her? Ugh! So, so awful.

This says they were placed in the Rosenbaum's care July 24. Yet the criminal complaint says the abuse was committed since June. The former foster mom had concerns. Wonder if there was some sort of transition where there were visits? Does that happen in a foster situation? Otherwise I can see why the lawyer is harping on the abuse being caused by former foster parents. Although I think that is still a ridiculous statement considering the Rs had custody since July.

Jennifer Rosenbaum came forward and requested to have both girls placed in her home. Rosenbaum said she knew the girls’ mother from childhood. A juvenile court judge and a Henry County Assistant District Attorney, Mary Evans-Battle, both reportedly encouraged DFCS to use Jennifer Rosenbaum as a placement for the children, the report stated.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...rt-reveals-new-details-childs-death/77455058/

my question about the BBM: Could she have taken her anger out at their mother for some slight or action from the past upon the girls? Were they fostered there simply to allow her to scapegoat the woman's daughters? Would these babies have been abused had the woman she knew from childhood NOT been their mother?

This is a horrible case. Nearly six months of abuse, at the hands of these fine upstanding people. The poor babies. They were removed from a foster setting and placed in the care of these folks because of a past childhood connection with the children's mother and because they had the right pedigree? Heartbreaking for the previous fosters as well, who appear to have genuinely been concerned for the girls.

TLCYA, It's sickening and I hope she never gets out of prison. Why can't a baby just live to adulthood in this ******* country ? It's so discouraging to read these kinds of stories every flipping day when you get up. I'm sorry I missed it if stated already but was the other child ok when they found her ?

ETA My heart aches for the bio parents :( I think there are far too many frivolous lawsuits in this country but if I'm the bio parents, I would be suing someone , if for nothing else than to FORCE a change in the criteria for who is eligible to foster babies. They need criminal background checks, DNA on file and lie detector tests . " have you ever hit a child. do you think you could harm a child '' etc, etc. I'm sick of the rights of adult people overriding the rights of the innocent !

The one article said the great aunt saw these bruises and injuries and blamed the DCFS workers for not noticing and doing something. Yet the great aunt noticed and said nothing and did nothing. I think therein lies part of the problem: everyone believes someone else will do something.

From last month:

Henry County foster parents indicted in child's death

http://www.11alive.com/news/crime/henry-county-foster-parents-indicted-in-childs-death/319315884

Two foster parents are charged with murder after a 2-year-old girl died in their care.

On Thursday, a Henry County grand jury indicted both Jennifer and Joseph Rosenbaum for murder.

The Rosenbaums’ attorney is defiant, having said over the phone that she is convinced the Rosenbaums did not kill their foster child, 2-year-old Laila Marie Daniel.

The grand jury, on the other hand, decided the district attorney’s case is strong and indicted both on charges of malice murder, felony murder, child cruelty and aggravated assault.

http://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/south_metro/news/update-mcdonough-couple-indicted-in-death-of--year-old/article_1846082e-80c6-11e6-b116-0332ba037c35.html

Superior Court Judge Brian Amero will preside over the arraignment Nov. 22.

“That is the date that they will enter a plea,” Wright said. “I suspect in this case it will be a plea of not guilty, but that’s generally all that occurs on that date.”

The Rosenbaums’ defense attorney Corinne Mull confirmed Wright’s prediction.

“They’re going to the arraignment and plead not guilty,” she said.

McDonough couple plead not guilty in child murder case

http://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/south_metro/news/mcdonough-couple-plead-not-guilty-in-child-murder-case/article_ffcf59f4-b0d5-11e6-aa0b-1bfcde5f114c.html

McDonough residents Jennifer and Joseph Rosenbaum pleaded not guilty Nov. 22 to one count each of malice murder and two counts each of felony murder in the Nov. 17, 2015 death of their foster child, 2-year-old Laila Daniel.

They also pleaded not guilty to counts of first-degree cruelty to children and aggravated battery.

No trial date is listed.

New prosecutor in toddler Laila Marie Daniel’s murder case

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/new-prosecutor-toddler-laila-marie-daniel-murder-case/vMgFGfEZXW9p1RZ6mnZanO/

The case of 2-year-old Laila Marie Daniel will no longer be handled by a prosecutor from the Henry County District Attorney’s office because of a conflict of interest, the district attorney’s office announced Friday.

The Henry County office has asked the Georgia Attorney General to appoint another prosecutor from outside the county to go forward with the case.

Because of Rosenbaum’s ties to the Henry County office, where she also met co-workers with whom she socialized after work, District Attorney Daniel Pattillo had to, by law, ask the state attorney’s office to appoint a new prosecutor. The case is expected to stretch into 2018.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back