GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to get into your email acct you must enter a password.. Yahoo email, aol email, gmail, hotmail, comcast.net, att.net,etc, etc, etc..

Eeerrrrr...ummmm...yes, password is necessary to get into an email account.. You can check the Remember me on this computer box and it will automatically enter your password every time you log into the acct..

But eerrrrrrrr, they all are password protected...

The last time anyone heard from her was Saturday. Several days later (Thursday) I believe, a friend became concerned and reported it. Then her body was found.

that is exactly my point, if i didn't hear from one of my close friends for a day, i would be concerned. i mean this girl has fb, a cell phone etc. it's absurd to me that she wasn't reported missing until after 5 days. if no one could contact her after a day, then it should have been reported. and maybe she would still be around today, since most likely whatever happened to her, happened in or very near that apt complex. so sad.

I would assume that yes, they have taken a DNA sample from the torso and I know her family is there in Macon,now. So I would also assume they have taken a DNA sample from fam members to prove this is Lauren..

LE said they hoped to have those results next week..

yes. i tend to forget that dna takes a while to get results. too much csi i guess.

In order to get into your email acct you must enter a password.. Yahoo email, aol email, gmail, hotmail, comcast.net, att.net,etc, etc, etc..

Eeerrrrr...ummmm...yes, password is necessary to get into an email account.. You can check the Remember me on this computer box and it will automatically enter your password every time you log into the acct..

But eerrrrrrrr, they all are password protected...

My regular ISP email NEVER asks for a password unless something is wrong (which hasn't been the case for a year). That is the regular form of email for most folks. Unless there is a power outage you could walk right in and use my computer with no hinderance.

If the rumors are true, if it was only a torso found near the apartment, this is likely to be a cold case.

Only a 40 lb torso yet let's search the landfill for the remainder? Unless there is a crazy person in the mix (with evidence) I am thinking this goes unsolved.

Leaving a torso outside of the victims house is very very intentional, and not accidental.

I know I said this earlier, but this case is extremely disturbing on many levels. I read a link (I'll hunt it down here shortly), but it said she was decapitated. I'm wondering if that is the reason the body is so hard to identify (of course minus the limbs).

**shivers**

This can't be the first time someone has done this, IMO.

Here it is: http://abovethelaw.com/2011/07/grisly-scene-developing-at-mercer-law-school/

I know I said this earlier, but this case is extremely disturbing on many levels. I read a link (I'll hunt it down here shortly), but it said she was decapitated.

Dismemberment almost always involves decapitation. Has the person done this before? Not likely.

This is not likely a classic serial killer. Torsos of young pretty blond female law students tend to attract attention. This was likely a one off situation. Could they do it again? Yeah. Will they? Well hopefully they will won't due to being busy with other stuff.

Remember the first time you prepared your own turkey for thanksgiving? And dethawed that turkey and took the giblets out? Many find it nasty and slightly disturbing the first time, but does it bother you now? I am guessing this was giblets to the person that did this.

My regular ISP email NEVER asks for a password unless something is wrong (which hasn't been the case for a year). That is the regular form of email for most folks. Unless there is a power outage you could walk right in and use my computer with no hinderance.

Lauren did not share a computer with others in a household..

Which I clearly stated in my original post would not be unusual to have her email accts set up to where she did NOT have to enter a password with each login..

Snipped from my post ^above^ upthread-
So therefor obviously Laurens account was easily accessible which makes sense she did live alone and it was her personal laptop

Not sure why the continued questioning over the password when I clearly stated in the original post it to not be unusual that there WAS NOT A PASSWORD NEEDED..

But for the very many others of us who live with multiple ppl in a household and many if not all of those ppl sharing the same computers.. The vast majority do enter a password with each log-in.. Just for the simple reason that we may not want others reading or accessing our personal email Accts, content, etc..

Neither of these choices are unusual in the very least.. Either setting one's computer to NOT have password entered with each log-in.. Or when multiple users sharing computers having each individual user's personal email require a password with each log-in..

:deadhorse: <-- this represents that I have nothing left to say on this matter and am moving right along and not engaging in argumentative discussion.. Again in :deadhorse:

Lauren did not share a computer with others in a household..

Which I clearly stated in my original post would not be unusual to have her email accts set up to where she did NOT have to enter a password with each login..

I originally thought it not likely that another sent an email from her laptop because as we know everything seems to be password protected and just found it unlikely the murderer would just have happened to know her password..

Sorry but you originally stated "everything seems to be password protected" and I am confused as to why you would make that statement falsely, or sarcastically. To my recollection you are the first person to bring up password protection, or the requirements of passwords to send an email. I am curious as to your insight. Share more information about gmail and hotmail and other web based email services if you can; it seems quite relevant to the case!

Please do explain?

If this was likely to be thought as similarly to removing giblets from a turkey by the person who murdered and dismembered Lauren then IMO we are talking a very sick and deeply disturbed individual that if thought that little of human life(especially if someone they had a personal relationship with)and a victim's human corpse then I'd say it's likely this sick individual that is deeply disturbed very well could choose to do it again and again and my hope is the only thing that this individual is too busy doing to not murder again.. Is being strapped down to a gurny with a needle being placed into his arm..

Thanks for the link surfie.. And yes I agree with you that this is disturbing on many levels..

I was confused about the following snippet from that link:
And here&#8217;s just a weird note about McDaniel we received from a fellow classmate:

Mcdaniels would send out creepy school-wide emails as a 1L and wore *advertiser censored***** chain mail to class on occasion.

Ok.. I get he sent out creepy school wide emails.. "as a 1L" I don't get.. And that he "wore effing chain mail to class"..
I don't get that either..
Whoosh.. Right over my head both of those 2 details went..

Anyone that could dummy it down for me.. Or put in laymen terms just WTH that means???

TIA..

Let's drop the password discussion and move on, please.

Thank you.

Dismemberment almost always involves decapitation. Has the person done this before? Not likely.

This is not likely a classic serial killer. Torsos of young pretty blond female law students tend to attract attention. This was likely a one off situation. Could they do it again? Yeah. Will they? Well hopefully they will won't due to being busy with other stuff.

Remember the first time you prepared your own turkey for thanksgiving? And dethawed that turkey and took the giblets out? Many find it nasty and slightly disturbing the first time, but does it bother you now? I am guessing this was giblets to the person that did this.

We will have to agree to disagree. This IMO clearly shows escalation. Dahmer, et. al kept their victims close by and accessible. When the BTK killer escalated, he left hints and clues even many years later, much like the Zodiac killer. None of the news articles mentioned that the head had not been found (although one could reasonably infer that to a percentile degree). I wasn't 100% sure that decapitation was a fact. That's the only article I read that said it with certainty.

Her torso was meant to be found for whatever reason, IMO.

If this was likely to be thought as similarly to removing giblets from a turkey by the person who murdered and dismembered Lauren then IMO we are talking a very sick and deeply disturbed individual..

If in fact it was just a torso (having disposed of all other limbs and such but placing the torso for others to find) yes this person is pretty darn cold. Her closest local associates appear to be law students and low life criminals. Low life criminals can pretty much be ruled out.

Something happened, no clue what, but the associates (law students) imply whatever happened may remain a mystery. They study crime, law, evidence, take an interest in forensics, and they hopefully have reasonably high iq's.

Unless one of them is schizophrenic.

Thanks for the link surfie.. And yes I agree with you that this is disturbing on many levels..

I was confused about the following snippet from that link:

Ok.. I get he sent out creepy school wide emails.. "as a 1L" I don't get.. And that he "wore effing chain mail to class"..
I don't get that either..
Whoosh.. Right over my head both of those 2 details went..

Anyone that could dummy it down for me.. Or put in laymen terms just WTH that means???

TIA..

Urban dictionary defines 1L as a first year law student (but there's a bit more description of it here): http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=1l

Chain Maille is seen at Renaissance festivals a lot...kinda goth/dark stuff. Here's the UD definition, but Google has a lot of info about it too: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chain+maille

We will have to agree to disagree. This IMO clearly shows escalation. Dahmer, et. al kept their victims close by and accessible. When the BTK killer escalated, he left hints and clues even many years later, much like the Zodiac killer. None of the news articles mentioned that the head had not been found (although one could reasonably infer that to a percentile degree). I wasn't 100% sure that decapitation was a fact. That's the only article I read that said it with certainty.

Her torso was meant to be found for whatever reason, IMO.

One corpse does not equal a serial killer. It equals a person capable under certain circumstances of some pretty extreme things.

I live very close to Macon, I follow that local newspaper daily, trust me if there was a serial killer in Macon or really anywhere in the U.S. that was killing cute blond females around the country and leaving torsos...I probably would be aware.

As would most on this site. And yeah the torso was most definitly meant to be found. The police found it within a few hours of the missing persons report.

That is what makes me think (if it was really just a torso) that this will go unsolved. That was over the top bold and pointlessly arrogant; let them find the torso easily and then spend ages searching the landfill for the rest etc.... Very bold, very blatant, very not likely to get caught if you happen to associate with a bunch of law students.

I just hope they don't convict some innocent neighbor in an attempt to settle an incredibly ugly crime and make everyone feel better. : (

Oh This is heartwrenching! this family knows there loved one is deceased and it is just unbearable to watch ANOTHER family have to go through this..

There are times when we as only human beings have to step away.. The pain that these families experience at times is overwhelming even as just the outsider looking in.. Complete strangers to me or better yet I am a complete stranger to them.. We, become so close and deeply care for these families, and yet we are complete strangers.. Amd that is perfectly fine with me I just hope that our positive energy and well wishes, and most of all are prayers that we pray for them thru this unimaginable nightmare are felt and in some teeny tiny way helps..

Lauren's family and friends are in mine and my family's prayers throughout this holiday weekend..

Greetings from Maconga!
Obviously, I'm paying a lot of attention to this case being from Macon, more so cause I'm a single female who also lives downtown. There are many things running through my head on this one, much of which y'all have covered. But my current soapbox issues are:

A. This is a town that loves its gossip (given it's size and it's classic southern ways it's to be expected) but they are doing their best to keep this one quiet. Heck, had an acquaintance get shot in the arm at a bar a few weeks ago and I knew more info & heard more rumors bout that within 6 hours than I have heard about this to date. I understand not wanting to scare the masses, but they don't come downtown anyway. My dog needs to pee & I would like to know if I need to grab a large armed man to walk with us. Some info please MPD? Let's be honest they arrested MickyD on 2 year old burglary charges that he admitted to the LE. He was arrested so Jane Doe Public's mind could have some crazy lookin guy to blame it on and hence ease their worries. Not sayin I think he's innocent or guilty (my jury is still out on that on, I don't think he is telling all he knows though.) And did you see that hair? He'd still be washing out the blood if he dismembered her (sorry, not a joking matter.)

B. I want more info on Joe K. (mentioned by MickyD when interviewed re:email). From what I have found on him (minimal, but haven't spent that much time either) he seems legit & not negatively involved. But I am thirsty for every bit of info I can get. Thank you WS, most info I have found.

C. I'm shocked I don't know or remember seeing any of these folks. Like I hinted to above, this isn't a big city & downtown is a neighborhood like any other. You get to know many people quick and if you don't know them you know their face. I know law students study long & hard but they also go out.

D. Where the he!! is Nancy Grace?!? I expected a couple busses by now. A cute blond that just graduated from her alma mater brutally murdered & she's still playin games with ICA?

End of rant
Done venting - for now ;)
Off soapbox

And did you see that hair? He'd still be washing out the blood if he dismembered her (sorry, not a joking matter.)

respectfully snipped

Maybe not, if he were wearing a chain mail veil. I'm not joking, and I normally try to steer clear of outlandish notions. But if it's true that he wore chain mail under his shirt "all the time", then it's not so much of a stretch. Medieval garb is easily purchased over the internet. (I was surprised by the availability.) Maybe chain mail was one of the items on the list at the search sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member