GUILTY GA - Officer Elmer 'Buddy' Christian, 34, fatally shot, Athens, 22 March 2011

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 15h15 hours ago
http://bit.ly/1TMOnHC #JamieHood found guilty in 2011 murder of Athens-Clarke County police officer

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 1h1 hour ago
Death penalty phase of Jamie Hood trial begins today http://fb.me/7u7Lnrbm6

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 41m41 minutes ago
#JamieHood doesn't want standby counsel sitting with him in death penalty phase

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 40m40 minutes ago
#JamieHood standby counsel says "Im not sure if Mr. Hood is firing us, judge says he's not discharging standbys

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 38m38 minutes ago
Buddy Christian's widow Melissa Christian-Griffeth and his parents not in courtroom apparently due to rule of sequestration of witnesses

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 23m23 minutes ago
In aggravation, state will contend Buddy Christian suffered when shot by #jamiehood

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 21m
21 minutes ago
The kidnapping with bodily injury of Judon Brooks is a capital offense #jamiehood

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 13m13 minutes ago
Dr. Debra Gunnin state forensic psychologist who evaluated #jamiehood to testify in penalty phase

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 11m11 minutes ago
George McKeehan, who #jamiehood was convicted of robbing at gunpoint in 1997 on Hood's witness list for penalty phase

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 9m9 minutes ago
#jamiehood wants to limit # of victim impact statements

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 6m6 minutes ago
#JamieHood says 19 victim impact statements "overkill" Judge notes objection for record

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 4m4 minutes ago
Omari Wray also suffered before dying when shot numerous times by #JamieHood

Closing arguments for sentencing phase. Jury will decide DP, LWOP or L/w poss parole. DA Mauldin did an excellent job. JH continued to blame everyone but himself... the victims, DA, even the judge. Will be surprised if he doesn't get the DP after his display yesterday while putting on his mitigation defense. He has called the DA Mr Objection, this monkey and boy. It is actually appalling what all this defendant has gotten away with while acting pro se.

[video=youtube;fzH-5rl5Q3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=475&v=fzH-5rl5Q3o[/video]

The jury was fast. I am sure they will be glad to get back home to their family and life. They gave JH LWOP for killing Officer Buddy Christian and life w/poss parole for killing Omari Wray. I don't understand the 2nd verdict... he walked up to him and shot him in the face and pumped 7 bullets in him. Not like he will be getting out anyway, but still.

He had 7 large Deputies around him for the verdict and afterwards it was nice hearing the sounds of the chains clanging as they locked him up. Sentencing is at 2pm.

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 9m9 minutes ago
Buddy Christian's widow releases this written statement #11alive

l_1159.jpg

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 9m9 minutes ago
Mother of Kenneth Omari Wray releases statement after sentencing of #JamieHood #11alive

l_1158.jpg

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago
Judge sentences #JamieHood to 15 yrs consecutive EACH on counts 55, 56, 58, 59, 60, 61, 61, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 and count 70.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago
Judge sentences #JamieHood to 30 yrs for the attempted murder of Officer Tony Howard.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
Judge sentences #JamieHood to 20 yrs for Aggravated Assault of Judon Brooks.

Judge sentences #JamieHood to LWOP for the Kidnapping of Judon Brooks.

Judge sentences #JamieHood to LWOP for Armed Robbery of carjacking victim Deborah Lumpkin.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
Judge sentences #JamieHood to LWOP for the Kidnapping of carjacking victim Deborah Lumpkin

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
Judge Haggard sentences #JamieHood to 5 yrs for possession of a knife during the commission of a crime.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
Judge officially sentenced #JamieHood to Life with the possibility of parole for the murder of Omari Wray.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 53s54 seconds ago
Judge sentenced #JamieHood to 20 yrs and 10K fine for carjacking of Deborah Lumpkin.

LWOP for the murder of Buddy Christian.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
I come up with 300 years plus the LWOP sentences for #JamieHood

When does Jamie Hood go to prison.
He seemed happy with his LWOP sentance. I
Just want to know how he feels about
the rest of his sentencing. Does anyone think this trial was an inspiration for his buddies behind bars
waiting for trial?
Thanks to all of you with all your tweets and insights I was able to follow this trial even though I keep saying I'm not going to. I can't help it when people like all of you are so pleasant and make it so easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back