GUILTY GA - Officer Elmer 'Buddy' Christian, 34, fatally shot, Athens, 22 March 2011

A brother of the Athens man accused of killing a police officer is in jail for beating up his girlfriend and assaulting her daughter over the weekend.

:loser:Steven Jerome Hood , 22, snatched his girlfriend by her hair – pulling some of it out – and also grabbed her face. When the woman’s daughter tried to stop him, he stuck his finger in her eye. Hood, remains in the Clarke County Jail on two counts of battery & cruelty to children.

The arrest comes less than two weeks after his brother, :loser:Jamie Hood, was arrested on murder charges for shooting Athens PO Buddy Christian & also shooting Officer Tony Howard who is recovering from his wounds.

Jamie Hood previously served 11 years in prison for a 1997 armed robbery of a pizza delivery man. Another brother, :loser:Matthew, is currently in jail on a probation violation. Still another brother, :loser:Timothy , 22 at the time was killed in 2001, after he the gun he held to the officer's head jammed & the cop was able to shoot him first.

Their mother must be so proud.

http://www.ajc.com/news/brother-of-accused-athens-899479.html

Another article about the Hood family:

http://www.ajc.com/news/accused-cop-killers-family-911496.html

Researchers have given a lot of attention to so-called "criminogenic" families -- ones with members who commit crimes -- said Doug Jenks, a criminology professor at the University of West Georgia. It has been difficult, though, to distinguish genetic and biological factors from environmental ones.

Another article about the Hood family:

Researchers have given a lot of attention to so-called "criminogenic" families It has been difficult, though, to distinguish genetic and biological factors from environmental ones.

Reality often clashes with politically correct. I.E. genes have NOTHING to do with it! Nothing! Well when it comes to disease and cancer and height and facial features and mental disorders like schizophrenia and such genes are paramount but -- when it comes to human behavior or iq they are totally and completely unrelated and to suggest otherwise is heresy.

I once read a study that claimed if you raised a Jack Russell Terrier among a litter of Basset Hounds the terrier grew up to be just like the Basset Hounds, calm and slow. All environmental. Tis true. : )

Reality often clashes with politically correct. I.E. genes have NOTHING to do with it! Nothing! Well when it comes to disease and cancer and height and facial features and mental disorders like schizophrenia and such genes are paramount but -- when it comes to human behavior or iq they are totally and completely unrelated and to suggest otherwise is heresy.

I once read a study that claimed if you raised a Jack Russell Terrier among a litter of Basset Hounds the terrier grew up to be just like the Basset Hounds, calm and slow. All environmental. Tis true. : )

Mental disorders affect behavior.
Dogs are not humans.
IMO, it's not "nature vs. nurture," it's "nature along with nurture." :cow:

I believe they are on a break right now, maybe lunch?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
#JamieHood trial on lunch recess

What does this mean?? Is Jamie Hood the victim, or the suspect. Who's the "man" who shot two cops?? More info required.

What does this mean?? Is Jamie Hood the victim, or the suspect. Who's the "man" who shot two cops?? More info required.

Jamie Hood is the defendant in this capital case in Georgia, and is also acting pro se and representing himself. Jamie Hood is the man that is on trial and facing the death penalty. Many, many charges against him, one for shooting and killing a cop, one for shooting and injuring another cop, kidnapping is also one charge, as well as other charges stemming from all of that.

Jamie Hood is the defendant in this capital case in Georgia, and is also acting pro se and representing himself. Jamie Hood is the man that is on trial and facing the death penalty. Many, many charges against him, one for shooting and killing a cop, one for shooting and injuring another cop, kidnapping is also one charge, as well as other charges stemming from all of that.
Thank you. I never would have known from reading the thread title.

This thread title could use some editing, or something, since a trial is underway. It takes some creative searching for me to even find this thread using the search feature.

Sorry Bessie, I just now got back to this thread. I have been too busy to listen to any more of the trial. I was going to alert to move the thread to trials, I just didn't know if anyone was interested. Again I am sorry!

Meant to quote Bessie's post!

Happy Birthday Police Officer Elmer 'Buddy' Christian. He would have been 39 today.

This is the defendant's arraignment... a really good read. http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_e035eb81828046049c8eb0ea9e4ede3f.pdf

All the case files and the trial videos to date... this case is hands down one of the best I have watched. http://www.courtchatter.com/#!jamie-hood-trial-archive/c1bx8

We are coming up on the end of the state's case so the defendant will soon be putting on his case. I can even imagine what that is going to be like after watching him on cross. :what: :giggle: Jury is sequestered and court is M-S 8:30-6:00 est.

The prosecution on Saturday rested its case in the trial of admitted Athens cop killer Jamie Hood.

Hood, who is representing himself in the death-penalty case, told Judge H. Patrick Haggard he would be taking the witness stand on his own behalf after he begins presenting his defense on Monday. He told the judge Saturday he was prepared to be cross-examined by the prosecution.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2015-07-11/prosecution-rests-jamie-hood-cop-killer-case

objection-sust objection-sust objection-sust objection-sust objection-sust :lol:

Hood’s first move Monday was to call GBI agent Trent Hillsman to the stand. Hillsman was the agent in charge in 2011. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/accused-cop-killer-jamie-hood-begins-presenting-hi/nmxyG/

Hood says when he was in jail, he discovered Howard was having an affair with a married female deputy and that Howard beat him and threatened to kill him if he told anyone. http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/athens/2015/07/13/jamie-hood-defense-trial/30106121/

He asked Lumpkin, now chief of the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department, “Do you have any skeletons in your closet you want to be brought to light?” District Attorney Ken Mauldin immediately objected. http://onlineathens.com/mobile/2015...r-officer-he-shot-former-police-chief-lumpkin

Much more at that link.

Witnesses so far:
1- GBI lead in Investigator
2- Dwight Sims - Baptist Minister/Sherlisa Howard's Ex
3- Deputy Sherlisa Howard - LEO Howard's wife/Dwight Sims Ex
4- Ailene Howard/LEO Howard's ex-step mother
5- Chief Joseph "Jack" Lumpkin- Former Athens-Clarke County Police Chief

Ailene appeared to be under the influence of something imo. She has also been posting online about the case and during the trial, witnesses are sequestered so they are suppose to not watch the trial. When she was asked on the stand if she was watching/following the trial she said no. The DA then read her some of the comments she posted online :lol:

At one point the judge sent the jury out when Hood started to lose it over the DA's objection and was yelling at him. These 2 huge deputies went to stand next to him, for a moment I thought he might actually get shocked.
:please:

Best trial ever...

Oh yeah... this is the trial that never ends. Hood has subjected every witness to re-call thru-out this entire trial. When the Chief was done Hood immediately re-called him. The judge was not happy about that either. lol

I haven't been following ..perhaps CroakerQueen has highlights lol.

Link for live streaming ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637