Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

I'm so sick of these ahole's killing babies. I hate them. I can hardly follow cases anymore, so many are little murdered and desecrated kids. I'm not religious but there's got to be some special place in the ether for these innocent little beings who never got to live their lives.

"The Latin root is aether, which means "the upper pure, bright air." Ether was originally a scientific term for what 19th century physicists called "the fifth element," a substance that was said to fill all space and make up all bodies."

https://www.vocabulary.com › ether

According to court documents filed this week, Simon’s lawyers want to suppress statements she allegedly made to police during the investigation. They say Simon was unlawfully detained and that she didn’t talk to investigators voluntarily.
Motion filed to block police statements from Leilani Simon case

copy of her motion can be seen at the link.

They say Simon was unlawfully detained and didn’t talk to investigators voluntarily. They’re requesting a hearing before the trial.

They want the judge to determine if those statements were voluntary and if any waived rights to counsel before Simon’s interrogation were valid.
New motions filed in Quinton Simon case

It's pretty standard and super short. Defense claims that the FBI unlawfully detained her and therefore statements she made of an incriminating nature should be disallowed. I can't find anything to say when or if a hearing has been set to argue this motion.

It's been a year.

CHATHAM COUNTY, Ga. (WTOC) - Thursday marks one year since Quinton Simon was reported missing from his Chatham County home never to be seen alive again.

Leilani’s trial was expected to be happening this month but a series of pre-trial motions are still being worked out before that can happen.

On the table are several motions made by Leilani’s defense team. They’re asking Judge Tammy Stokes to suppress statements made by Leilani during the investigation to police, saying that she was unlawfully detained and that she didn’t speak to police voluntarily.

The defense has also filed a 16 page document with consolidated motions.

There’s a motion to sever the offenses named in the indictment from each other, a motion to suppress any illegally obtained evidence, and a discovery request.

The document alleges that Leilani’s team hasn’t received all the evidence in this case.

There’s also a motion to sever Leilani’s case from any co-defendants...there hasn’t been anyone else arrested in connection to the case at this time.

There’s a motion hearing set for December 8th - that’s when Judge Stokes will take all of this into consideration.

It's been a year.

CHATHAM COUNTY, Ga. (WTOC) - Thursday marks one year since Quinton Simon was reported missing from his Chatham County home never to be seen alive again.

Leilani’s trial was expected to be happening this month but a series of pre-trial motions are still being worked out before that can happen.

On the table are several motions made by Leilani’s defense team. They’re asking Judge Tammy Stokes to suppress statements made by Leilani during the investigation to police, saying that she was unlawfully detained and that she didn’t speak to police voluntarily.

The defense has also filed a 16 page document with consolidated motions.

There’s a motion to sever the offenses named in the indictment from each other, a motion to suppress any illegally obtained evidence, and a discovery request.

The document alleges that Leilani’s team hasn’t received all the evidence in this case.

There’s also a motion to sever Leilani’s case from any co-defendants...there hasn’t been anyone else arrested in connection to the case at this time.

There’s a motion hearing set for December 8th - that’s when Judge Stokes will take all of this into consideration.
I know innocent until proven guilty but this country's legal system is a joke. How do you not speak voluntarily? You open your mouth, words come out... it's voluntary. Legal mumbo jumbo and this poor child is still dead.

I get that it is set up to protect innocent people from being wrongfully convicted-i get it. I am just angry. Parents should protect their children. It isn't supposed to be this way.

I know innocent until proven guilty but this country's legal system is a joke. How do you not speak voluntarily? You open your mouth, words come out... it's voluntary. Legal mumbo jumbo and this poor child is still dead.

I get that it is set up to protect innocent people from being wrongfully convicted-i get it. I am just angry. Parents should protect their children. It isn't supposed to be this way.
I respectfully disagree this country's legal system (USA) is a joke. It may not be perfect, but then again I'd challenge you to create a better one.

I'm angry about this too. But I believe in the end, justice for Quinton will prevail.

JMO

Last edited:
It's been a year.

[SBM for focus]

Red by me portion: I wonder if this in preparation for her to throw her boyfriend under the bus and claim he did it and she was too terrified of him to prevent it? [insert the biggest of eyerolls here] so she wants to make sure if she manages to convince anyone that he is responsible then she won't have her case tied to his? Otherwise that would seem to be a silly motion to file without knowing if or who a co-defendant might be at some maybe point in the future?

Bbm many country 's legal systems are ime, not just the USA..

Red by me portion: I wonder if this in preparation for her to throw her boyfriend under the bus and claim he did it and she was too terrified of him to prevent it? [insert the biggest of eyerolls here] so she wants to make sure if she manages to convince anyone that he is responsible then she won't have her case tied to his? Otherwise that would seem to be a silly motion to file without knowing if or who a co-defendant might be at some maybe point in the future?
Lordy. Not another CaseyAnthony defense. Setting up her mom or bf as SODDI, model parent as she's down herself to be.

Sweet little boy just wanted to play.

Jmo

Sure. In this poor little dead boy's tragic topic. A poster above posted I know innocent until proven guilty but this country's legal system is a joke. Etc. And I posted back Bbm many country 's legal systems are ime, not just the USA

Please elaborate on the term "ime."

It seems like there was meant to be a motions hearing for this case in early December. Does anyone know if it happened?
I don't have a link but I have seen a document that was filed 12/21/23 it was an amendment to standard scheduling and discovery order. It provides new dates for discovery and status hearings to take place this year and sets trial for February 3, 2025.

I am looking for an acceptable link and will add when I find it.

I don't have a link but I have seen a document that was filed 12/21/23 it was an amendment to standard scheduling and discovery order. It provides new dates for discovery and status hearings to take place this year and sets trial for February 3, 2025.

Thank you so much!

Is there a short reason why so long to trial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back