Identified! GA - Rising Fawn, WhtFem 26UFGA, 16-25, On East Side of NB I-59, Dec'88 - Stacey Lyn Chahorski

I still think Nicolaou should be investigated further as a match for this UID. Her husband murdered her in very late November or December before December 20; the UID was found December 16. He kidnapped her from Massachusetts and was located in Florida, so Georgia is on the way. She's the right age (22), approximately the right size (on the short side but within 2"), has brown eyes, and the photos show that she dyed her hair regularly, so could have been auburn at the time. The closeup of her mouth shows at least one bad tooth.

Wish they had the full dental charts so we could tell how bad the UID's teeth really are.

In my internet searches, I found this thread in another forum where some articles are pasted. The article links do not work for me but in this post, it says:
Street said the woman's body had been exposed to rain and winter weather before she was found leaving investigators without a good description or photograph to work with, or even prints from fingertips that had frozen off.
That seems to be a discrepancy from the Doe Network profile, but doesn't rule out DNA or dentals! The forum also lead me to the UID's Georgia Bureau of Investigation profile here: http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/case_detail/0,2695,67862954_74030338_89909380,00.html.

Depending on if I hear back from the folks I contacted earlier today, I might email Special Agent Joe Montgomery of the GBI to ask if dental records are available to put up on NamUs so we have an easier time comparing future possible matches. The reconstruction has such unique teeth that I think it is an important clue to identifying Rising Fawn's Jane Doe.

I sent an email to Special Agent Montgomery and while he is a fast replier which is really appreciated, I think he misunderstood my request for the NamUs profile to be updated. He replied that since I am not law enforcement, he cannot release any information to me concerning an open criminal investigation, but that if I have any information on the victim or perpetrator(s), to please let him know.

Maybe this is why her data is so sparse on NamUs? Open criminal investigation so they don't want anyone to see her dental records? :waitasec:

No reply yet from the Dade County Coroner's Office or the NamUs generic regional contact. I guess her case does not have a specific regional contact or is this standard, does anyone know?

I sent an email to Special Agent Montgomery and while he is a fast replier which is really appreciated, I think he misunderstood my request for the NamUs profile to be updated. He replied that since I am not law enforcement, he cannot release any information to me concerning an open criminal investigation, but that if I have any information on the victim or perpetrator(s), to please let him know.

Maybe this is why her data is so sparse on NamUs? Open criminal investigation so they don't want anyone to see her dental records? :waitasec:

No reply yet from the Dade County Coroner's Office or the NamUs generic regional contact. I guess her case does not have a specific regional contact or is this standard, does anyone know?

this may be a problem tifflee. on the one hand LE's primary concern is apprehending a suspect and gaining a conviction and releasing too much information might compromise that goal. on the other hand, you'd think the ME's office would want remains to be identified, if for no other reason that they could close their files.

so if LE is not releasing info for fear of compromising an investigation, that might be all we get. frustrating.

All right, it looks like I am going in circles here. I got a hopeful email from the NamUs Team saying this case file was created during an import and they would contact the case manager to get the data cleaned up as well as any missing information added if they had access to it.

The problem is that there is only a case manager by default whom I already contacted (see above) and he said he would pass on my request. So, as it stands, it is not clear who will be updating the file or when any additional data will be added that will be helpful for the general public to research with.

Also, I followed-up with Special Agent Montgomery to clarify that I did not want information sent to me, but rather I was trying to verify who could add the information on dentals, DNA, and fingerprints to NamUs. His reply, in addition to thanking me for my time, was:
I do not have anything to do with the civilian websites or the website you are referring to in your email.
The GBI is a decent sized investigative bureau. I wonder if they utilize NamUs because this reply makes me wonder?

I guess that is that. The only contact who has not replied is the Dade County Coroners Office so I will likely try again in a few weeks if the NamUs profile is still sparse then.

If anyone has any other resources to contact to see if her dental charting is available, or even her X-ray images, let me know and I would be happy to send off an email.

I guess that is that. The only contact who has not replied is the Dade County Coroners Office so I will likely try again in a few weeks if the NamUs profile is still sparse then.

If anyone has any other resources to contact to see if her dental charting is available, or even her X-ray images, let me know and I would be happy to send off an email.

Thank you so much for your efforts with "my" Jane Doe. I sent an email to a friend w/ direct connection with Dade County law enforcement...I hope to have you a contact before the weekend is over.

I'm wondering what you guys think of these MPs as matches for this Doe:

Jennifer Lynn Jackson Floyd
Missing since April 18, 1988 from Tupelo, Lee County, Mississippi

JLJFloyd1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1881dfms.html

Becky Annette Minish
Missing since March 17, 1987 from Augusta, Richmond County, Georgia
minish_becky.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/minish_becky.html

I'm wondering what you guys think of these MPs as matches for this Doe:

Jennifer Lynn Jackson Floyd
Missing since April 18, 1988 from Tupelo, Lee County, Mississippi

JLJFloyd1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1881dfms.html

Becky Annette Minish
Missing since March 17, 1987 from Augusta, Richmond County, Georgia
minish_becky.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/minish_becky.html

I'm not seeing it on either one. Becky's teeth are fairly straight. Jennifer's two front teeth protrude, but they are not crooked in the same way as RFJD's teeth are.

Minor, but good news to report. NamUs shows that on March 25, the profile was updated and I am no longer seeing zeroes where the letter O should be. Unfortunately, I am not seeing much new information and DNA, dentals, and fingerprints all show as unavailable.

future criminologist: I can try asking again, but LE seems to be holding their cards close to their chests on this case. I haven't received any replies since my last update.

It would be a strange coincidence that her sister's name is Fawn, and she was found in Rising Fawn GA.

I would say probably not though. Rozlin's height (4'11) is quite a bit below the Jane Doe's estimated height range.

Also, it indicates "DNA Available" for both. That doesn't always mean that both cases are entered in the CODIS database, but it usually does. And if they are both in CODIS, the system should catch the match.

I agree, It would be very strange considering the location.

I did notice the height and weight did not match exactly but I took into consideration the 3 - year gap from missing to death and the fact that she was only 18yrs.

Growth slows for females around 18 and usually stops at 21 – 25 but there are many cases of 3-5 inch growth after the age of 18. Also some site list her as different heights some as tall as 5’9

And considering that Jane Doe’s height was an estimate and there really is no guarantee that Rozlin’s listed height was 100% accurate at the time she went missing.

I found that the face structure was very similar (Nose, Chin, T-Zone) and the way that Rozlin in the picture looks like she is going out of her way to conceal her teeth, leads me to think she may have been embarrassed of the look (miss-shaped or crooked) alike way that Jane does teeth are presented.

As for the DNA question I have made a mistake (I’m very sorry!!!!) but after rechecking NamUs Jane Doe’s DNA as of March 2011 is not available

NamUs shows this UID's profile was updated on November 10, 2011. I tried to see what changes could have been made, but the only difference seems to be eye color. Eye color is now unknown. Formerly it was brown (or at least Doe Network has it as brown).

NamUs link: https://identifyus.org/cases/4694

Not much information in this case:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4694

White Female, red/auburn hair, found along I-95 on December 12, 1988.
5'7" and 122lbs

They do list her clothing, along with size 9 boots and a white gold heart pinky ring and a small gold chain.

*I looked for an existing thread for this, but didn't find one. My apologies if there is one.

Possible match to Lisa Sexton from Ohio?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4dfoh.html
LSexton.jpg

Lisa last spoke to her mother in 1984. Georgia is between FL and Ohio, so geographically it works, especially with 4 years between.

Lisa was 5'8", the Doe is listed at 5'7"
Lisa weighed 125, the Doe 122
Red hair matches
Lisa would have been 22 in 1988, which fits the 16-25 estimate for this UID

Thoughts?

It's possible...the only thing I would wonder is the relatinoship between Lisa and her mother. Would it not be unusual for her to not contact her mother for that long? Does it say how long the UID was expected to be at the location before she was found?

Not much information in this case:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4694

White Female, red/auburn hair, found along I-95 on December 12, 1988.
5'7" and 122lbs

They do list her clothing, along with size 9 boots and a white gold heart pinky ring and a small gold chain.

*I looked for an existing thread for this, but didn't find one. My apologies if there is one.

Yes, there is an existing thread. UP 4694 is the same case as the Rising Fawn Jane Doe (DoeNet 26UFGA).

26UFGA2.jpg
26UFGA3.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/26ufga.html

I just merged them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members