GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want to check in with you folks before watching the closings. Wowzaaaaaa Mr. James. Love this guy so much, and his impersonation of AS was marvelous!

I also think that either we have a verdict tomorrow morning, or nada till next week.

Can't get comments to go through for hours, and now a double post. Haha

Been trying to comment for hours. Tried to send in two that got stuck.
I hope this means it's fixed!

I'm half way thru the defense closing right now and laughing out loud at Clegg saying "did you see that red dress she wore?", talking about Shayna. Ok seriously... are we in high school? :facepalm:

Sorry I am late to this trial. Does anyone know why AS went to Dunwoody Prep first instead of the hospital? That has never made sense to me. I saw the clip where she said on the stand that she learned of the shooting at the hospital. So RS died in the ER before she got there? Like alone? TIA
Hi Zuri. I tried to send this hours ago, but it got stuck.
The gal at the preschool didn't have all the info, I believe. I'm not sure she knew the condition of Rusty, only that he had been shot.
AS was comming from her workplace, and it took her while to arrive, though I don't know if the preschool gal knew how far away from the preschool AS was.
Perhaps the gal thought Andrea would be there soon, while Rusty was still there, or perhaps she didn't realize that Rusty was near death, or already dead in the school parking lot.
The most interesting part of this was that the caller only informed AS to come to to the preschool ASAP, and that her son was fine. By this time of the morning, Rusty should have already dropped his son off, and returned home, yet AS never phoned him - ever.
The employee did not mention Rusty at all, or his condition, yet Andrea performed as soon as she arrived at the preschool as if she already knew Rusty was dead.
Pretty suspicious when you add that she told three peeps Rusty had been shot before she should have known.

I'm half way thru the defense closing right now and laughing out loud at Clegg saying "did you see that red dress she wore?", talking about Shayna. Ok seriously... are we in high school? :facepalm:
It gets worse. lol

But just WAIT til the state closing! Ooh la la.

Ok gals (and guys...lol)...I have a few questions. So this was a trial for Andrea Sneiderman involving perjury and false statement charges. I am assuming that for this reason, prosecution was not allowed to ever say that Andrea was actually a suspect for murder or complicity of murder...is this correct? So does this jury know that LE suspected Andrea had planned Rusty's murder with Hemy? Do you think the jury themselves could reach that conclusion from the evidence provided?

Because I am thinking, on the outside looking in, we understand James' point when he was saying "she's a liar" (in very sharp tone) and "look at this mother of two playing this game, inviting Hemy to the table she shared with her husband and children"...etc. etc. (paraphrasing). But I can see that, if the jury did not make the connection, he might have come across as judgemental. For example, the jury could say just because somebody has an affair doesn't mean they should go to jail. They could say that she didn't tell the police b/c she was shameful/embarrassed of the affair. The fact that she lied is just a fact, so they have to convict her, but I just sometimes get these doubts like I do with all verdict watches!!

So I am wondering, do you guys think the jury made the connection that Andrea actually PLANNED this murder with Hemy, even though I know that's not what the trial was about.

I am reallllyyyy sick of HLN. They cover a trial minute-by-minute, then as soon as the verdict is read, just poof! forget about it....move on to next thing. No commentary on the verdict, no follow-up. Like for example, with Joshua Young, they made no commentary on the verdict itself, did not try to get any jurors to speak (except on After Dark)....and now I really really wanna hear what the jurors were thinking, except everyrone has dropped the case and there are no reporters interested to do the interview.

Same with CMJA trial jurors...I would love to hear from more jurors, but don't know, either they don't wanna talk or no reporter is interested in interviewing them....however that case is ongoing so I would almost rather they not talk. But after the penalty phase is finished, I would really like to hear from a lot of the jurors. However, by that time the trial is done, HLN and everyone just moves on.

And they don't do in-depth with jurors so we get a good idea of what was being discussed in the jury room.

So true! I'm bereft of trial coverage since Court TV went away. InSession was okay, but now I never bother to see if it is even on, being 2 hours and all re-run.

HLN trial coverage is over-blown and there is such a waste of time when they could be doing solid coverage. I have to say, it is now off most of the time.

Have Rusty's parents been in the court room this time around? I don't recall seeing them.

I say they will have a verdict Tuesday morning at the latest.

Rusty's brother and his wife were there for the entire trial, sitting in the back row on the prosecution side. Don Sneiderman couldn't attend until after he gave his testimony due to sequestration. He was with his son and daughter-in-law every day after.

Where can I watch Clegg's closing argument? A link is appreciated. Thanks.

Just getting in from work, how was closing is it worth watching tonite?

YES! Watch it. I'm sure everyone else has already responded to this, but I had to, too! Mr. James rocked his closing and owned that courtroom! Whew! I'm glad to have seen it! Yes, watch it!

good morning everyone! i think we will see a verdict today, especially bc its a friday. im predicting guilty on all counts. regardless, she will def be convicted of at least most of them IMO, and I can't wait to see her face.

if convicted, will she be allowed to go home until sentencing?

im taking the kids to the zoo in an hour but I will be checking in on my phone, my husband will prob be making fun of my "verdict watches"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname