GUILTY GA - Sam Poss, 18, Perry, 15 Oct 2016 *Arrests*

"Friday night around midnight, his friend had asked him to come over and fix his computer," Christian Poss says.

Christian says Samuel's friend said his son left the house around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
"Sam fixed the computer and then said, 'You know, it's not a long walk. I'll just walk home,'" Christian Poss says.
The walk home through the woods, Christian says, is a half-mile route that his son often took. Search parties have been looking for Sam along the route, in between Samuel's house on Frank Satterfield Road and his friend's house on Tucker Road.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/friends-family-police-looking-for-missing-perry-teen/336965496

everything sounds a little odd but the people that know him dont seem to think so, just going to keep hoping for a happy ending.

Maybe he went somewhere else instead of home, or intended to go somewhere else, visit someone? Does he have a girlfriend within walking distance? I used to love walking at night as a teenager and young adult (when there was no school or work next morning). I stopped when I realized how dangerous that is as a woman, sadly. I really used to love it. As a guy he probably didn't think twice if he felt like walking around and enjoy the quiet night. Does he have a favourite spot somewhere in the area he might have been headed to?

I guess since he is graduated from high school his parents don't impose a curfew? I wonder if his friend's parents were at home while he was there after midnight fixing a computer? I mean, there are probably plenty of 18 year olds that do that on a Friday night but I have trouble believing that fixing the computer was all that happened that night...I hope his friend is being truthful and not covering for him or other friends that may been there. As the days go by, concern grows.

About 30 friends joined his parents Monday in a search for Poss in the neighborhood and along a dirt path that runs from Tucker Road to Frank Satterfield Road.

Authorities used a Georgia State Patrol helicopter to search the heavily wooded area off Frank Satterfield Road and blood hounds were brought in from Crisp County and Dooly County law enforcement agencies to aid in the search, Perry police Capt. Heath Dykes said.

Also, a special team of firefighters trained in search and rescue joined the search Monday on all-terrain vehicles.

Perry police also looked at recent calls on Sam Poss’ cellphone, but his mom said he’d left it at his dad’s house and did not have it with him when he went to his friend’s house.

There was a fair in town then. A crowd of local and out of town visitors to the National Fair held in Perry, Georgia, for 11 days ending yesterday (October 16th)

There would be more than the usual number of people around - possibly some people driving, walking even at that time of morning 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/community/houston-peach/the-sun-news/article105527731.html
I took my daughter to the fair on Saturday. The fair brings a large influx of people to the area, especially on the opening and closing weekends. We've been going for the last five years.

There's also a large number of LE working the fair (local, county, GSP, GBI).

Not really adding much, but thought I'd mention it since I was there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rotary Dial for pointing out that there would be a large number of law enforcement at the fair - especially from various departments.

Do we know if Sam had his cell phone with him?

I am wondering law enforcement can check the pings from the cell towers from just his cell number to see if there were/are pings from another area.

No cell phone. He left it at his Dad's house. :(

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1590443764595129:0
bb44feed3370dd02cde86493bd7eda5d.jpg

"One still missing is one too many."
Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

Thank you for linking Sam's MPN poster!

I shared it on my timeline, then read a comment that mentioned that the poster states Sam left his friend's house early on Sunday morning.

IIRC, it was Saturday morning. (Please correct me if I am wrong. I double checked a couple of MSM articles, but I'm also in the midst of a major insomnia attack, so it's :coffeews: and 3 hours of sleep for me! :eek: :facepalm: )

I sent a PM to the MPN Admin, so I expect an updated version to be posted soon.

#FindSam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for linking Sam's MPN poster!

I shared it on my timeline, then read a comment that mentioned that the poster states Sam left his friend's house early on Sunday morning.

IIRC, it was Saturday morning. (Please correct me if I am wrong. I double checked a couple of MSM articles, but I'm also in the midst of a major insomnia attack, so it's :coffeews: and 3 hours of sleep for me! :eek: :facepalm: )

I sent a PM to the MPN Admin, so I expect an updated version to be posted soon.

#FindSam

I'm an MPN admin. I'll have someone fix the date and get it posted!

Thanks for sorting, PB.

Hi Kpetrova x,

At first I found it unusual though that an 18 year-old would leave his cell phone at home - and as dr.jones stated on a Friday night that does seem odd.
However, Sam's brother states on the video that it wasn't unusual for his brother to leave the house without his cell or without his shoes.

e.t.a. Video embedded in this article: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/friends-family-police-looking-for-missing-perry-teen/336965496

What worries me is that his family is saying that Sam would not worry any of them and always kept in touch.

It sounds like Sam was used to slipping over to his friend's house which was located on the other side of some woods. Perhaps he
didn't think he would be too long fixing his friend's computer.

I am so hoping (along with all of you) that this has a good outcome. It's so strange though.

Sending out prayers of love and hope that Sam is alright.

Awesome!!!! :tyou:

Hi Kpetrova x,

At first I found it unusual though that an 18 year-old would leave his cell phone at home - and as dr.jones stated on a Friday night that does seem odd.
However, Sam's brother states on the video that it wasn't unusual for his brother to leave the house without his cell or without his shoes.

What worries me is that his family is saying that Sam would not worry any of them and always kept in touch.

It sounds like Sam was used to slipping over to his friend's house which was located on the other side of some woods. Perhaps he
didn't think he would be too long fixing his friend's computer.

I am so hoping (along with all of you) that this has a good outcome. It's so strange though.

Sending out prayers of love and hope that Sam is alright.

:greetings:Zencompass
I thought I had already replied...searching the thread like a mad woman. Turns out I just went mad.

Anyway! Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen the statement from his brother. It seems as if they are pretty sure of the route he took and that he has just disappeared into thin air. This whole thing really bothers me.

:candle: lit for Sam to find his way home.

Thank you so much Gardener 1850 for posting this link: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/friends-family-police-looking-for-missing-perry-teen/336965496

There is quite a bit of good information on this. When I read this part: Phelps says a woman called the Perry Police Department Monday and said she may have spotted Poss near Lake Joy Road and Highway 96.
"She said she saw two younger men walking together and one of them did not have shoes on. When she heard about the case she decided that it would be best to report it," says Phelps.
it made me wonder whether the law enforcement has issued an alert for all hospitals in the area just in case he shows up. That is likely
standard practice for them anyway. I am just racking my little brain about this.

Oh please be safe Sam! Sending prayers of hope and love out there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back