GUILTY GA - Sam Poss, 18, Perry, 15 Oct 2016 *Arrests*

Thank you so much Gardener 1850 for posting this link: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/friends-family-police-looking-for-missing-perry-teen/336965496

There is quite a bit of good information on this. When I read this part: Phelps says a woman called the Perry Police Department Monday and said she may have spotted Poss near Lake Joy Road and Highway 96.
"She said she saw two younger men walking together and one of them did not have shoes on. When she heard about the case she decided that it would be best to report it," says Phelps.
it made me wonder whether the law enforcement has issued an alert for all hospitals in the area just in case he shows up. That is likely
standard practice for them anyway. I am just racking my little brain about this.

Oh please be safe Sam! Sending prayers of hope and love out there!

:eek: That's really good info. Is Lake Joy Road nearby to where he went missing?

Thank you so much Gardener 1850 for posting this link: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/friends-family-police-looking-for-missing-perry-teen/336965496

There is quite a bit of good information on this. When I read this part: Phelps says a woman called the Perry Police Department Monday and said she may have spotted Poss near Lake Joy Road and Highway 96.
"She said she saw two younger men walking together and one of them did not have shoes on. When she heard about the case she decided that it would be best to report it," says Phelps.
it made me wonder whether the law enforcement has issued an alert for all hospitals in the area just in case he shows up. That is likely
standard practice for them anyway. I am just racking my little brain about this.

Oh please be safe Sam! Sending prayers of hope and love out there!

That wasn't in the link when I posted--it was updated. But it's a good sign if someone saw him. I've been thinking there was probably more to this story. I wonder who he was walking with?

Pity the article doesn't say exactly when she thinks she spotted Sam.

Is it so warm there that you can walk at night without shoes? Is it common for people to walk around without shoes or is it just one of Sam's quirks?

It doesn't say anywhere that he carried a bag or rucksack or anything, so most likely he does not carry any shoes with him.

Pity the article doesn't say exactly when she thinks she spotted Sam.

Is it so warm there that you can walk at night without shoes? Is it common for people to walk around without shoes or is it just one of Sam's quirks?

It doesn't say anywhere that he carried a bag or rucksack or anything, so most likely he does not carry any shoes with him.
Just to say, my son (16) has the same shoeless quirk. Since he was 2. Drives me nuts. He will get in car with me to go to store, only to have to wait behind because I realised he was shoeless!!!! Winter, spring, summer, fall, concrete, grass, snow, dirt, mud, rocks. Just an fyi.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Case Map for any of us non locals wanting to get a better insight into the area/where has been searched. Please ask me if you want anything adding/removing.

Did Sam have any shoes on when he left his father's house? All of the articles I have read say he left his friend's home barefoot, but I cannot tell if that means Sam's shoes were found at his friend's, or he was already barefoot when he arrived at his friend's.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1590850404554465:0
9985ac87acfbcc81ad6419acd1716966.jpg

"One still missing is one too many."
Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

Did Sam have any shoes on when he left his father's house? All of the articles I have read say he left his friend's home barefoot, but I cannot tell if that means Sam's shoes were found at his friend's, or he was already barefoot when he arrived at his friend's.

i saw his brother in an interview say it wasnt strange for him to leave the house barefoot, but i dont know the answer for sure.

i also saw something on my tablet earlier and now i cant find it, it was definitely MSM and they said the possible sighting has been ruled out - they have identified who that was. it also said they will be searching a creek tomorrow.

ok found the link - http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/samuel-poss-still-missing/337651731

The possible sighting wasn't him:
Captain Dykes says every tip the police have received so far, has come up cold.

"We had a sighting on Lake Joy Road," Dykes said. "We confirmed that was another kid. His mother called this morning."

Dykes says cell phone evidence suggests Sam did go to his friend's house on Tucker Road around 12:00 a.m. early Saturday morning. He says he believes the last time anyone saw Sam, he was leaving that friend's house around 1:30 a.m.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/samuel-poss-still-missing/337651731

From Gardener's post #52:

"We had a sighting on Lake Joy Road," Dykes said. "We confirmed that was another kid. His mother called this morning."

Dykes says cell phone evidence suggests Sam did go to his friend's house on Tucker Road around 12:00 a.m. early Saturday morning. He says he believes the last time anyone saw Sam, he was leaving that friend's house around 1:30 a.m.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/sam...sing/337651731

BBM - I thought Sam left his cell phone at home. Maybe they're just referring to text msgs?

Thank you! Strange there's two people walking around without shoes! Maybe I just like my shoes...

Sorry if I missed this, but do we know when his family realised he was missing? Was it in the early hours, when he should have been home? Or was it not until the morning?

I just looked and couldn't find anywhere that said when they noticed he wasn't home. He lives with his dad.

BBM - I thought Sam left his cell phone at home. Maybe they're just referring to text msgs?

I was just about to post that Blondie. The first article did say he left his phone at his dad's house. I wonder if he had more than one phone or if they are going by messages on the friend's phone?

Perhaps the police checked Sam's phone which was at his Dad's house and the last text was to his friend around midnight.

As Blondie In Spokane mentioned, it may have been text messages they looked at.

The wording suggests that they may not believe the friend? Jmo

Perhaps the police checked Sam's phone which was at his Dad's house and the last text was to his friend around midnight.

As Blondie In Spokane mentioned, it may have been text messages they looked at.

Thanks zencopass. I was just about to say this, glad I looked up :)

The wording suggests that they may not believe the friend? Jmo

I had that thought as well. I can't get out of my mind that maybe he and his friend had a pre-arranged agreement to cover for each other so Sam could go out and do something else. Sam could have asked his friend to text him. Then he texted his friend back just before midnight to say he would come fix his computer. Then Sam goes out. The question is, who saw Sam leaving the friend's house at 1:30 AM? Was it just the friend or did the friend's parents/family/roommates see Sam as well? Notice it doesn't say they have cell phone evidence of what time he left. They need to lean on all his friends for more info, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back