GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I'd like to know (among 1,000 other things) is in relation to other's theories; i.e., some think they came and went by boat to the D's house but parked their car somewhere else. Where is the boat? Did they load it onto a boat trailer? Where do they think they put the boat in the water? If that is the way this went down, it was very planned out. Still, I don't think they had to have military training to pull it off. A good knowledge of the lake might be enough. Maybe they thought the D's weren't going to be home...? Could they have just targeted the house, thinking there was a safe or as Retired1997 said, maybe a collection of some sort, coins or guns?

Just thinking, I feel pretty confident Sheriff Sills would have told us if Mr. D was targeted because of some kind of collection. . . if he knew about it that is. With both Mrs. D and Mr. D dead, somebody from the family is going to have to come forward with more information with regards to a collection that might be missing that not many people knew Mr. D had.

Just my gut feeling that the Derby Party was being thrown and word got out and suddenly a lot of people knew about "that" PARTY! Mr. and Mrs. D had already RSVP'd they were coming to the party, but perhaps they changed their mind at the last minute and caught the bad guys off guard, or at least Mr. Dermond. So, if someone could just PM me the guest list for that party, I'll be out of everyone's hair..... You know I wonder if the Dermonds even told their kids they were going to "that" PARTY? :deadhorse: Everybody think back to that weekend. Maybe a lot of people went out of town that are regular lake people. I mean you can't just party all the time at the lake right? You have to get away sometimes?

Foxfire;10858102]Interesting read that may point to a motive in the Dermond murders, imo. What happens when the bottom falls out of the Lake Oconee & RP GW community Home Sales/Real Estate market? Putnam/Green County tax digest plummets? Who does this affect? Where does the buck stop?

Reynolds Plantation, Greensboro, GA Homes for Sale
http://clickscape.com/reynolds-plantation_greensboro-ga-homes-for-sale ....

snipped by me
Wondering about accuracy of this Ave DOM from above link: Zero days???

13 SalesAverage sales price: $344K
Average list price: $367K
Average days on market: 0

Anybody seen Tomkat lately? I'm trying to find that picture that was posted of the adjacent land to the Dermond property. The land that the famous drummer guy owns. I think they came by boat. The cameras being out was no big deal. Everybody was expected to buy their own security cameras any way. BUT, if they came by boat, they came at night and if they came at night that absolutely cancels out the Derby party having anything to do with the murders.

It's hard to say about the party, who knew what...or if the perps knew and just went to the house too early? Or maybe they were going to that house and were prepared whether anyone was at home or not. Also, you're right about the collection. Someone would have to know, maybe their homeowner's insurance company?

Foxfire;10858102]Interesting read that may point to a motive in the Dermond murders, imo. What happens when the bottom falls out of the Lake Oconee & RP GW community Home Sales/Real Estate market? Putnam/Green County tax digest plummets? Who does this affect? Where does the buck stop?

Reynolds Plantation, Greensboro, GA Homes for Sale
http://clickscape.com/reynolds-plantation_greensboro-ga-homes-for-sale ....

snipped by me

Wondering about accuracy of this Ave DOM from above link: Zero days???

13 SalesAverage sales price: $344K
Average list price: $367K
Average days on market: 0

I agree! It's like magic! Your house sits on the market 0 days! That still doesn't strike me as the reason the Dermonds were murdered. Somebody took all their tax frustration out on poor Mr. and Mrs. D. or to cause prices to drop - I dunno!

Anybody seen Tomkat lately? I'm trying to find that picture that was posted of the adjacent land to the Dermond property. The land that the famous drummer guy owns. I think they came by boat. The cameras being out was no big deal. Everybody was expected to buy their own security cameras any way. BUT, if they came by boat, they came at night and if they came at night that absolutely cancels out the Derby party having anything to do with the murders.

Haven't seen TomKat or Ocean Blue Eyes. About the time thing, I was thinking they came late afternoon, before the D's were even getting ready for the party; otherwise, unless like you said the D's changed their mind about going, they would have gone. And about their security system being on, maybe they only put it on when they left the house, not when they were at home. I kind of thought they were just hanging around like a usual late afternoon. I think I've gone around in circles tonight.

I just have to say something regarding the $55,000 reward. . . I just don't think that is the kind of money that is going to bring any answers. Quite frankly I'm shocked that the reward is not more. I have followed Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey case for over 2 years now and the reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of whomever caused those girls to go missing and end up dead is $150,000. I don't understand why, if people are truly afraid, are they not donating to this reward fund?
BBM

If neighborhood residents think Mr&MrsD were -
- more or less a random target, say by someone(s) driving around the county looking for a place to hit for misc. electronics & cash,
seems like there would be motivation to donate ('OMG, we're afraid we could be next'), but
- personally, individually targeted - for whatever reason
(old business feud; neighbor w prop line squabble; tie w dead son; contract bridge group dispute; family fight ???) -
why donate? ('Nice couple, but that was their problem' sorry to be so brutal)

Just fleeting thoughts. MOO, IMO, JMO.

BBM

If neighborhood residents think Mr&MrsD were -
- more or less a random target, say by someone(s) driving around the county looking for a place to hit for misc. electronics & cash,
seems like there would be motivation to donate ('OMG, we're afraid we could be next'), but
- personally, individually targeted - for whatever reason
(old business feud; neighbor w prop line squabble; tie w dead son; contract bridge group dispute; family fight ???) -
why donate? ('Nice couple, but that was their problem' sorry to be so brutal)

Just fleeting thoughts. MOO, IMO, JMO.

The family seems to be successful, so why didn't they contribute? Like I said before, I would be doing anything to help if they had been my parents.

Hi Foxfire! Do you know where the reporter from the USA today story was at in Eatonton? He said close to the lake, but it didn't look like RP.

Don't know Bootsctr. The original story was by journalist Doug Richards, WXIA-TV, Atlanta on August 8, 2014, somewhere in Putnam County. The story was filmed close to Lake Oconee, but not inside RP GW, imo. RP GW would likely have underground utilities, imo..

Don't know Bootsctr. The original story was by journalist Doug Richards, WXIA-TV, Atlanta on August 8, 2014, somewhere in Putnam County. The story was filmed close to Lake Oconee, but not inside RP GW, imo. RP GW would likely have underground utilities, imo..

I think he was in Greene County like in your link. He pointed back over his right shoulder. So was he pointing at the lake or the Dermond house. He had to be pointing at the lake. No way was that RP GW. Greene county, rural farmland, rural water supplies, etc. al.

You're killing me over here al66pine! lmbo :groucho:

I agree with you HappyShoes on the time. I mean it had to be early enough for the perp to accomplish quite a bit of running around and waiting to cut Mr. D's head off, but late enough where he felt comfortable enough he was not going to be seen.

And another thing - if Mrs. D was kidnapped, was she gagged? How could she be a help if they were stopped by the DNR? What would stop her from screaming? Why would a woman that age be out on the lake with possibly 2 young guys? And lastly, are you guys tired of me yet?

Happyshoes, the first rule of prey in an abduction for a predator is to gain compliance of the victim. When serial killer Israel Keyes abducted Samantha Koenig(AK-2013), from the free standing coffee kiosk in the Mall where she worked. They walked across the busy parking lot to where his vehicle was parked. IK had a firearm and threatened her life if she resisted. She obeyed his command, she was compliant.
In the Meredith Emerson abduction(Blood Mtn., GA-2008). Martial arts trained, she fought and disarmed serial killer Gary Hilton, until he broke her nose with a straight in punch. She then became compliant. GMH, then zip tied her wrists behind her back, placed the noose of a leash around her neck, and led her several hundred yards through the forest to the trail head parking lot, where she was chained in his van...While in captivity for four days, GMH took her hiking in Dawson Forest wma. He warned her that he had a firearm and if she attempted to signal another hiker, should they run across anyone. He would kill her and the other hiker/s...
Both of these victims were brought into compliance by their abductors. Yet, neither was gagged...

Was the address on Peachtree where Mark Winne tv2 interviewed SS, 223 Peachtree St?

http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/page/253/
Posted in General Observations | Leave a comment
Post 4/3/11 – 2:05pm
Posted on April 3, 2011 by admin

This communication is our first as a Committee to all the Property Owners that we can reach. We have been formed, to not offer personal opinions, but to offer facts as we can dig them up, and to provide a legal review of the entire process that has unfolded at Reynolds.

We have hired legal counsel. The firm name is “Hyatt and Stubblefield, P.C.” from Atlanta.
Hyatt & Stubblefield, P.C.
Peachtree Center
Suite 1200 Harris Tower
233 Peachtree St., N.E.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
<snipped - read more>

Was the address on Peachtree where Mark Winne tv2 interviewed SS, 223 Peachtree St?
http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/page/253/....
Post 4/3/11 – 2:05pm ...
This communication is our first as a Committee to all the Property Owners that we can reach. We have been formed, to not offer personal opinions, but to offer facts as we can dig them up, and to provide a legal review of the entire process that has unfolded at Reynolds.
We have hired legal counsel. The firm name is “Hyatt and Stubblefield, P.C.” from Atlanta.
Hyatt & Stubblefield, P.C.
Peachtree Center
Suite 1200 Harris Tower
233 Peachtree St., N.E.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
<snipped - read more>
. SBM

From my post ~ #224
....Yes, this is the building where Winne interviewed Sheriff.
The Peachtree, 1355 Peachtree St, NE.
Name of building is on the 'awning' structure above front door

Foxfire
Looks like TV reporter Winne did not interview Sheriff at that law firm's address.
Good thought. Sorry.

Just wondering about "contract bridge group dispute." Mrs. D did take her bridge game very seriously - twice a week a couple of hours each day. Recently named bridge club president. And, correct me if I am wrong, but it was duplicate bridge. Not sure what that means, but perhaps it was twice as hard as regular bridge? I wouldn't mind hearing from the Bridge Club ladies again. I'm sure Sheriff Sills found they were a wealth of knowledge. I would love to know their opinion of what happened to the Dermonds.

Why haven't those close to the Dermonds contributed to the reward fund??? I mean everyone: friends, family, community, etc!!! Where is the outrage? :tantrum:

Okay, I feel better...:twocents:

IMHO

Just wondering about "contract bridge group dispute." Mrs. D did take her bridge game very seriously - twice a week a couple of hours each day. Recently named bridge club president. And, correct me if I am wrong, but it was duplicate bridge. Not sure what that means, but perhaps it was twice as hard as regular bridge? I wouldn't mind hearing from the Bridge Club ladies again. I'm sure Sheriff Sills found they were a wealth of knowledge. I would love to know their opinion of what happened to the Dermonds.

I agree, the ladies from the bridge group, had to have given LE a lot of information. Probably more than they cared to know! :twocents:

IMHO

Why haven't those close to the Dermonds contributed to the reward fund??? I mean everyone: friends, family, community, etc!!! Where is the outrage? :tantrum:

Okay, I feel better...:twocents:

IMHO

Agree with al66pine back up the conversation. Do we know who has contributed to the reward fund? Do we know for sure that the kids have not?

Sills said he hopes the reward will increase, noting commitments of $1,000 from three local residents and for $10,000 from Solicitor General Russell Thomas&#8217; access to state funds.
And Reynolds Plantation donated $30k. The only quote I remember from the family is Keith Dermond saying it must have been a cult. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Note to Foxfire: I finally ordered the book "Ungodly", think it will come Monday. I'll give it a try! Trying to stay open- minded but it's hard for someone as stubborn as I am. I just wish we had more to go on, was there gun residue, had their cars been tampered with? But mostly, who stood to gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal