GUILTY GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - #2

I first heard about Sunday from my dad who lives in Tifton. He told me about this friend who stopped by to see the house they had bought that had originally belonged to his Uncle. A couple days later when my dad called he told me about this "friend" again stopping by (out of the blue) but this time he was told about Sunday being a missing person and how he was the person of interest. That friends name is Herman. My dad met him when he purchased his house 6 years ago from Herman's Uncle - they recently retired to that house last fall. There are a lot of rumors going around that town about the whole thing. The one he recently heard was that Herman and Ruby planned to make Sunday OD and couldn't get her to take any more pills. That is when she was killed. Drugs were a very big factor in that home. My take on it is Sunday was doing well in Florida and they lured her down there with the intention of getting her back on drugs to get the grand daughter.

This is all here say from people who know both Herman & Ruby. I would love to talk to someone from around there.

Welcome to WS Nellie!!

My take on it is Sunday was doing well in Florida and they lured her down there with the intention of getting her back on drugs to get the grand daughter.

This is all here say from people who know both Herman & Ruby. I would love to talk to someone from around there.

Nellie welcome to WS, and thank you for your post. It leaves me pondering an assumption I had...

I was under the impression (and I could be absolutely wrong here) that Sunday moved to Tifton straight from TX.

I had assumed the move had to do with a warrant for her arrest being issued in TX in Oct 2009 (if I understand this link correctly, if not then help me out).

http://records.brazoria-county.com/...riminalSearch?action%3Dview&track%3D239705709

Can anyone confirm whether Sunday was living just a short drive from Tifton, when she moved in with Ruby or was she moving all the way from TX?

I was under the impression she came from Florida but I could be wrong.

Sunday's FB page indicates that they expecting the three person's arrested in her murder/cover-up to be on trial in Tifton late this year. They don't indicate any others will be included, I have not heard anymore about pending arrests from LE...I wonder if there still arrests pending?

"Sunday's mother-in-law and her husband have been arrested for murder. Her husband's friend has been arrested for 'concealing a death.' The Tift County sheriff stated in a press conference that the motive was the mother-in-law's wanting Sunday's daughter. Sunday's ex-husband is in Leon County Jail of 4 charges unrelated to Sunday's murder. Trials are expected for the 3 in Tifton near the end of the year."

The fb thing..it's so...telling. About something I can't fathom. "Didn't have time to write on my wall today cause I was busy cleaning up a murder scene" .yuck. Didn't he say on there at some point he had a "new blackberry"? Am I dreaming? Tarabull, anyone get screen shots of that or anything else on there?

All these really good timeline ?'s...where's SC and LD?

OMG - Did he really post that on his fb wall???

I hope that those that participated in the other find this one as well.

I just found it today... I recall the last thread being "under review" and that's it. I was about to email a mod. but then I found my way back :)

Upon reading the posts, it does not appear as though anything NEW has been released by LEO or the media?

I do recall a LEO stating that this case would not even so much as make it to trial this year. This pretty much tells me they're going to plead not guilty, and go to trial by jury. What I wonder is this - will RE and HE will be tried together or seperately? They are still married, so they cannot be compelled to testify against one other. I wonder if that will present a problem???

Her husband's friend has been arrested for 'concealing a death.' I wonder if this is a lesser charge that was offered in exchange for a statement. If so, this guy got a bad deal, this charge is a felony in GA, from what I can tell.

No No

he did not post that. I was ad libbing as to why he had time every day but the day they murdered her, to post on facebook.

And somehow, I forget but on the other thread it was brought up that Sunday had a blackberry. I guess we don't "know" if it was hers..

Would anyone be that truly stupid?

Thats really sad that she went from TX to GA...she must've really been having such a hard time. She looked so different in that pic from her arrest. Not like herself- pale, sunken eyes. My heart just aches for her little girl.

No No

he did not post that. I was ad libbing as to why he had time every day but the day they murdered her, to post on facebook.

Ok, I got you now... but I don't think you are too far from the truth there...

And somehow, I forget but on the other thread it was brought up that Sunday had a blackberry. I guess we don't "know" if it was hers..

Would anyone be that truly stupid?

Thats really sad that she went from TX to GA...she must've really been having such a hard time. She looked so different in that pic from her arrest. Not like herself- pale, sunken eyes. My heart just aches for her little girl.

It's so not fair. I, too, think she was trying to do the right thing, and get everything in order.. And then she was murdered, for someone else's agenda... I believe, had she been given the opportunity, she would have gone far in life.. It's tragic.. May her little girl find the strength to move forward!

I looked for a link where I heard the report that Ruby was the one that reported her missing also, and I can't find it. I will edit my post since my memory may be wrong.

Because Sunshine has children of her own and manages a store, she phoned and phoned and received no answer from Sunday before she was to depart Florida for the drive to GA. So she did not make the drive. She just kept phoning over and over and all over.I don't recall..but I'm not sure if she connected with Ruby but I know that she did not learn Sunday was missing until the next morning.

It was the same eve of Sundays "missing" (now we know death) that Ruby went and filed "child abandonment papers." She did not file a missing person report and she did not contact any of the family to state Sunday was missing. IT was not until the next morning that Sunshine knew something really was amiss because her sister not answering at all the day before ...full well knowing she was coming to get her..that she got through to Ruby who told her she was missing. Sunshine and family went straight to police who had no missing person report...hence they canceled the "child abandonment" report to a missing person report. Sunshine took custody of Izzy at that point and back to Florida.

The first post on her FB Missing page was April 28th. First search organized by family was in Tifton on May 1st.

That dateline you posted has no bearing. The very morning after Sunday disappeared the family went to the police station and filed the missing person report. Also, just so that you are aware, the family was searching all along on their own. Through fields and streams. I had to make them stop...including the "organized search." Searches can only be conducted by professional SAR teams as they grid locations and tag for potential evidence. It was the hardest thing to do , and still is, to tell a family to please not search fields. The problem is if their loved one was a victim of crime (such as Sunday) then any contamination of a scene can throw out evidence that could invariably be used in a court of law against the killer. It's a case-by-case situation, actually. If 97 year old gramma wandered from home and fields are down the street...that is different. By all means..search for her...or the same with a small child who may have wandered from home...however when an adult goes missing and it comes down to potentially needing to search fields...this should be be done by the professionals.

Seems like there is a total cease in news articles again.
Never saw anything on the press conf.. no news on the autopsy.. nothing on the funeral.. nothing more on the accused or upcoming court dates.

The memorial service has not been planned as yet because Sunday's body has not been released from autopsy. There will not be any media reports until the cause of death is confirmed by the Medical Examiner. I cannot go into details because the family reads here and I think you can imagine the weather and days until she was discovered as to why it is taking longer than normal. I dont want to get any more graphic.

I was under the impression she came from Florida but I could be wrong.

No. You were correct. She was clean when she went to Tifton. Her family lives in TX and FL. Sunday lived in both places at various times. I don't recall if she went from TX to RE's home or from FL to RE's home. I believe she went from FL to RE's home because I know she went back and forth with Theo. Not sure if it makes a difference, however. As to whether she went from TX to Tifton or FL to Tifton.
Also, nobody knows yet just how Sunday was killed and what happened prior. One thing for sure...we are all in the frame of mind that whatever happened was premeditated and orchestrated by RE. What actually happened we don't know yet. We only have our assumptions by what was learned, found and like your father stated...told.

I wonder if Ruby was going to try to use this to help her gain custody of IC ?

It's my thought that was her intention and the plan. Course she didn't realize the strong love and bond that Sunday's family had in coming to look for her.

That dateline you posted has no bearing. The very morning after Sunday disappeared the family went to the police station and filed the missing person report. Also, just so that you are aware, the family was searching all along on their own. Through fields and streams. I had to make them stop...including the "organized search." Searches can only be conducted by professional SAR teams as they grid locations and tag for potential evidence. It was the hardest thing to do , and still is, to tell a family to please not search fields. The problem is if their loved one was a victim of crime (such as Sunday) then any contamination of a scene can throw out evidence that could invariably be used in a court of law against the killer. It's a case-by-case situation, actually. If 97 year old gramma wandered from home and fields are down the street...that is different. By all means..search for her...or the same with a small child who may have wandered from home...however when an adult goes missing and it comes down to potentially needing to search fields...this should be be done by the professionals.

In discussing a case, I use the sources of information available at that time. Thank you Lavanda, I stand corrected on my post with the "dateline that has no bearing".

In discussing a case, I use the sources of information available at that time. Thank you Lavanda, I stand corrected on my post with the "dateline that has no bearing".

Sorry if it came across as attacking your post, I certainly did not have that intention. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, when I post here I usually just get what I need out and move forward with my work..so my posts may come across as "harsh" and I don't mean it to be. What I was referencing when I said it has no bearing was really my thought process that I couldn't understand the point being made in that the prior comments had to do when the family (Sunshine) came down to Tifton. So the quick post you wrote gave me the impression that you were referencing that she went missing and it was a number of days before family arrived to look.

I think we all just wonder how this crime happened in the home she went missing from.. and it took a month for LE to gather evidence and figure it all out..seems ridiculous is all. I thought so from the beginning. Sure seems like if LE had acted sooner in a more logical way she would have been recovered while evidence was still..god I hate writing this...easier to gather. I know I personally do lots of sleuthing to learn about how LE works, or, dosen't. I am much more interested when it's someone I know because of the poor, poor job I've seen them do previously to people I've known.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back