GUILTY GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - #2

I think we all just wonder how this crime happened in the home she went missing from.. and it took a month for LE to gather evidence and figure it all out..seems ridiculous is all. I thought so from the beginning. Sure seems like if LE had acted sooner in a more logical way she would have been recovered while evidence was still..god I hate writing this...easier to gather. I know I personally do lots of sleuthing to learn about how LE works, or, dosen't. I am much more interested when it's someone I know because of the poor, poor job I've seen them do previously to people I've known.

I'm not claiming to know any details in this case, but I feel as though LEO did their job correctly. 5 weeks to complete the investigation, IMO, is not bad... It's a lot of work, and everything has to be virtually perfect, because it will be ripped apart by defense attorneys. No doubt they did a good job flipping Kenneth (The family "friend") He appareantly led them right to the body... At least he gave some information.

If you want to sleuth a FRUSTRATING case, look in to Brittanee Drexel, missing 4-25-09 from Myrtle Beach, SC. LEO's have all but come out and said they know exactly who did it, but it appears all they have is circumstantial evidence - Basically a whole bunch of statements. They have completed 2 polygraphs, and a search warrant. They are not about to make an arrest until they get more evidence. It makes me wonder if that case will EVER close, and the perps brought to justice.

just my :twocents:

I get that in a way it's good. I do. They got to the bottom of it. I just..feel like they could / have should have looked that trailer over the way they did at the end...in the beginning. It would have saved time. And while I understand the need to do things in a manner that is slower to avoid fudging up what evidence they have...forensic evidence does not lie. You don't need a bunch of time to say use luminol (sp?) to check someones' computer, etc...I see it as good and bad. Believe me, I personally know of worse. They will never find my friends brother..and yes we also KNOW who knows what happened to him. Can't do anything about it now, and at the time she was completely not helped by LCSO.

I think we all just wonder how this crime happened in the home she went missing from.. and it took a month for LE to gather evidence and figure it all out..seems ridiculous is all. I thought so from the beginning. Sure seems like if LE had acted sooner in a more logical way she would have been recovered while evidence was still..god I hate writing this...easier to gather. I know I personally do lots of sleuthing to learn about how LE works, or, dosen't. I am much more interested when it's someone I know because of the poor, poor job I've seen them do previously to people I've known.

Everything really only started to happen when the GBI got involved. I agree with whoever said that they should have checked and luminaled the house at the get go.

I get that in a way it's good. I do. They got to the bottom of it. I just..feel like they could / have should have looked that trailer over the way they did at the end...in the beginning. It would have saved time. And while I understand the need to do things in a manner that is slower to avoid fudging up what evidence they have...forensic evidence does not lie. You don't need a bunch of time to say use luminol (sp?) to check someones' computer, etc...I see it as good and bad. Believe me, I personally know of worse. They will never find my friends brother..and yes we also KNOW who knows what happened to him. Can't do anything about it now, and at the time she was completely not helped by LCSO.

I agree.

I believe it's been said that LE is not the cleanest there. Thank God GBI got involved. I hope they look at the local LE and how they went about things.

Nellie welcome to WS, and thank you for your post. It leaves me pondering an assumption I had...

I was under the impression (and I could be absolutely wrong here) that Sunday moved to Tifton straight from TX.

I had assumed the move had to do with a warrant for her arrest being issued in TX in Oct 2009 (if I understand this link correctly, if not then help me out).

http://records.brazoria-county.com/...riminalSearch?action%3Dview&track%3D239705709

Can anyone confirm whether Sunday was living just a short drive from Tifton, when she moved in with Ruby or was she moving all the way from TX?

Sunday moved directly from TX to Tifton because of that trouble and her Mother said she had to go and no one in her family would take them in. That is a fact.

Sunday moved directly from TX to Tifton because of that trouble and her Mother said she had to go and no one in her family would take them in. That is a fact.

"Fact" according to Ruby. Not fact according to truth. Let's look at the dates here and it will automatically discount your comment. The hearing was in 2008. Sunday went to Ruby's in late October 2009. Yes, Sunday's family had a lot of concerns but it was not because of Sunday that they had the concerns...it was Theo. Obviously and rightfully so. Don't you think? Sunday was not "thrown out of the home" of any of her family members. Again, wasn't it obvious that Sunday's family WAS and always have been there for her when her own sister was coming to take her to move in with them? So why talk about hearsay that Ruby...the very woman who is charged with Sunday's murder...would you quote as fact? Sad.

Bmore is speaking about this issue ...
http://records.brazoria-county.com/Scripts/UVlink.isa/brazoria_tsg/WEBSERV/CriminalSearch?action%253Dview%26track%253D239811604

IIRC, at one point early on, a member of the family said "Sunday is not in trouble". Sorry I do not remember where I saw this posted. I think this was said because the family thought someone may have knowledge of where she went but was protecting her because they thought she was in some sort of legal trouble.

Was Theo in Texas living with Sunday at the time she left to go live with RE? If I understand Lavanda correctly, it seems that Sunday's family felt that Theo was a bad influence on her. Perhaps the line was drawn and an ultimatum issued? If Sunday wanted to continue a relationship with Theo, she could not continue to live where she was living. Hence the choice she made to go to Georgia and live with RE. When our children are adults and we have to watch them make mistakes, it's painful.

Ruby and Herman ... Karmic Payback is a real *****!!

Theo was in Tallahassee way before Sunday left TX Living with DE Sunday and Theo were on again off again.... he was off doing his thing.....she was doing hers.......Sometimes they would try and work it out sometimes not......

"Fact" according to Ruby. Not fact according to truth. Let's look at the dates here and it will automatically discount your comment. The hearing was in 2008. Sunday went to Ruby's in late October 2009. Yes, Sunday's family had a lot of concerns but it was not because of Sunday that they had the concerns...it was Theo. Obviously and rightfully so. Don't you think? Sunday was not "thrown out of the home" of any of her family members. Again, wasn't it obvious that Sunday's family WAS and always have been there for her when her own sister was coming to take her to move in with them? So why talk about hearsay that Ruby...the very woman who is charged with Sunday's murder...would you quote as fact? Sad.

Fact...she was not worried about Theo's relationship with SB.She was asked to move by her Mother. Why is it the only truth you seem to go with is heresay?

Its because they dont want to portray Sunday in a bad light...when you look at the pictures you have ugly RE...ugly HE ugly TC.....then you have pretty Sunday.....I suppose when it goes to court the witneses will be wrong too.....I dont think the family was all that concerned with Theo....no one doubts they loved Sunday....but you can only put yourself out there so much with someone who has a habit.

Does anyone know if TC in fact knew what happened to her, and or covered for RE or HE? It would be kinda the only way to make this even worse. Esp. if he knew beforehand that's what mommy dearest was planning. Just wonderin'

to my knowledge Herman was the only one doing crack......with that neighbor MW on May 8. Ruby never did crack.

It's not so much her I am looking at but the influences of the people around her..the people who killed her..as in- how could she and her daughter be living with people on crack? And no one in either family stood up and said, that's not right and I won't stand for it. THAT is what blows my mind here. And how different things could be if someone did. It's sad.

No we are not judging Sunday at all, I agree. It's the *circumstances* of what was happening in that house from October 2009 to April 22, 2010 that we want to know about. Was Theo in and out of the house or visiting during the time SB and IC was living there? Did he see what was going on? I don't believe he knew what was coming. From all that has been said, he was a wild-child, no respect for the law, drug addicted and whatever else. RC was what 15 when she had him? Maybe his childhood was not so great. But would he want his daughter's Mom to die? I'll temper all I said with I have no idea what the truth is ... Just theorizing, which is perfectly acceptable here at WS.

Sunday was not in that house long at all, six months is a flash in the pan. In my mind, soon after she moved in there I bet she realized what a mistake she made. Clearly she wanted out, for all we know she may have made a plan to move right after she got there but had to wait a couple of months. Her family has no culpability in this situation at all. Sunday was an adult, she made her own decisions. They could yell, scream, jump up and down all they wanted but until she was ready to make a change, well ...

Motive ... That's the real question here and I just have a hard time thinking it was solely, RC wanted IC and Sunday got in the way of that.

It would be great if we did not need to take a look at SB's life style here....she is not on trial she is the victim; however, her role in how this all went down may make a big diffenernce in who gets convicted of what and what the sentences turn out to be. The two of the 3 accuses are possibly looking at the death penalty...so everything matters, in my opinion.

Bmore, while I respect you...I have to say that is a bit "old school"...we've come a long way in society in which when one is dragged and raped from the street to even ask "what was she wearing?" Her role in how all this went down has nothing to do with the fact she was murdered...and there is plenty of evidence that will be shown that she was in fact what she was....the victim.

It's not so much her I am looking at but the influences of the people around her..the people who killed her..as in- how could she and her daughter be living with people on crack? And no one in either family stood up and said, that's not right and I won't stand for it. THAT is what blows my mind here. And how different things could be if someone did. It's sad.

I think this is where one says over and again..."what if?" We could what if this till the trial and that is still not going to change the situation. Also, don't let your mind be too blown here...because you don't know what was going on behind doors and conversations with her family regarding who she was living with. You have no idea how many may have begged her to get out of that house...and to say "how different things could be if someone did" is armchair quarterbacking...and quite honestly unfair to the Blombergh family...especially considering they WERE getting her out of that house and her sister WAS bringing her into her own home to live. Know what I mean?

I totally agree with you that SB was the victim. I guess I was thinking of some other posts I read here. Let me give you just an example

Someone said in an earler post that her hypothosis was... 'Sunday was doing well in Tallahassee but Ruby lured Sunday to Tifton'. Well if RE really did that, that is very cold and calculating...so now I would want to know, how is it that Sunday wound up in Tifton? Was the murder really that pre-meditated?? Not to blame SB, but to know if RE was really that dead set on murdering her from the beginning. That might be a deciding factor on a jury recommending the death penalty or not, assuming she is found guilty. That is why I said it mattered. I hope that makes sense.

Do you know if everyone arrested has confessed to the crime(s) they are accused of?

I honestly have no idea how premeditated it was. Nobody knows. They are very tight lipped about all. (GBI) There are so many hypothesis as to why RE wanted to have the child that I don't think anyone is going to know the real truth to all until trial. It is hard to imagine anyone taking another life for any reason:(

I think this is where one says over and again..."what if?" We could what if this till the trial and that is still not going to change the situation. Also, don't let your mind be too blown here...because you don't know what was going on behind doors and conversations with her family regarding who she was living with. You have no idea how many may have begged her to get out of that house...and to say "how different things could be if someone did" is armchair quarterbacking...and quite honestly unfair to the Blombergh family...especially considering they WERE getting her out of that house and her sister WAS bringing her into her own home to live. Know what I mean?

No, no..you're right I don't know who all begged her to get out of there. Why did she not? But I do know when kids are involved, it's SOMEONES job to get them out of that. In my family, your own family would get your own kids taken from you if you can't either get it together or keep them away from dangerous druggies. "armchair quarterbacking" to say it should have been stopped/never began is not unfair to anyone, it's the sad, obvious truth. it's not meant as an offense to anyone but damn, if we can all learn something here it's if your living with crazy people on crazy drugs with your kid, don't wait till you have money saved for a car or whatever to get out. And if anyone knows about it call CPS. Unfair to her family to say that? It is not meant as a put down. I'm sure they all did the best they could.

No, no..you're right I don't know who all begged her to get out of there. Why did she not? But I do know when kids are involved, it's SOMEONES job to get them out of that. In my family, your own family would get your own kids taken from you if you can't either get it together or keep them away from dangerous druggies. "armchair quarterbacking" to say it should have been stopped/never began is not unfair to anyone, it's the sad, obvious truth. it's not meant as an offense to anyone but damn, if we can all learn something here it's if your living with crazy people on crazy drugs with your kid, don't wait till you have money saved for a car or whatever to get out. And if anyone knows about it call CPS. Unfair to her family to say that? It is not meant as a put down. I'm sure they all did the best they could.

The whole situation is complex. It is very much like the "battered woman syndrome." It's so similar in a sense that when someone is an adult and family step in for years and try to help...it really comes down to the actual person getting their self esteem in order and realizing that they are in a danger situation or treading a fine line between serious problems and wanting help. That is what makes this especially sad. Sunday realized and was getting her act together only to have her positive steps forward and life snuffed out by someone else.

It is really sad, and tragic. I did not mean to say it's anyone's fault but the person who killed her. It's def. NOT! my only point was when children are involved my personal belief is that someone else should take the choice of dragging your kids through that outta your hands...if nobody would let her live that way while she had custody of her daughter she probably would not have stayed in that situation. The one in depth conversation I ever had with her was us talking about our kids, I know she had her heart in the right place, she loved Izzy more than herself. and I think if the ultimatum of get it together or no you can't have your daughter had happened, she'dve made that choice for the better before all of this ever went down. I have learned something I only had a hint of before this. This is the worst case scenario of it. It's reconfirmed why I feel like that in my heart. It's too bad, but I know why I look at that so harshly now. Because...you have a little person who needs you, it's bigger than you, and that's why "it takes a village to raise a child"

and PS I do empathize with the guilt of "what if?",I know it well. however when I'm WSing- I remove myself by taking a few steps back to look at the whole picture.
In my own family I do that. It's my nature. I'm a judge. I have a love for facts and knowledge partnered with a gut feeling that tells me lots. I do not care as much about being FAIR as being CORRECT in my judgement. I am not cold or unaware of emotions and guilt. But it's not going to keep me from stating the truth. And the truth is hard to swallow, I know. I really do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back