GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in while watching the World Cup. The mom searched as well? WHAT THE HE!!??? Can someone give me a synopsis?

Was Cooper the result of fertility treatments ? If so, perhaps donor gametes were used (ie. sperm).

I love websleuths and have been lurking here awhile. Hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions help me see all sides. As a mother of young children, this case pulls at my heart strings. I have a hard time believing that parents would harm their children intentionally, however I know that it does happen. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that he forgot his child in a matter of minutes and that the child would not have been making any noises to remind the dad that he was back there. That said, I can somewhat understand the internet searches. I live in birmingham,al. Around July of this year there was a case of a mother leaving her child in their car while she went to work. She forgot to drop the child off at childcare. I remember reading the story and googling child left in car deaths to see how frequently it actually did occur and details surrounding the incidents. I remember thinking, "I hope the child didn't have to suffer long and the death was quick and painless". The story was all over the news. With them having family in Tuscaloosa, I could see their family mentioning it and the couple looking up details. The internet searches could be innocent. The other factors in this case are hard to understand, but this one I can see having a logical reason behind. Or...he could have used to it to come up with his own idea to leave his son in the car. Just thought I would share about why I think the internet searches could be innocent.

:Welcome1: :welcome4:

Welcome to the club Loribelle!

I love websleuths and have been lurking here awhile. Hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions help me see all sides. As a mother of young children, this case pulls at my heart strings. I have a hard time believing that parents would harm their children intentionally, however I know that it does happen. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that he forgot his child in a matter of minutes and that the child would not have been making any noises to remind the dad that he was back there. That said, I can somewhat understand the internet searches. I live in birmingham,al. Around July of this year there was a case of a mother leaving her child in their car while she went to work. She forgot to drop the child off at childcare. I remember reading the story and googling child left in car deaths to see how frequently it actually did occur and details surrounding the incidents. I remember thinking, "I hope the child didn't have to suffer long and the death was quick and painless". The story was all over the news. With them having family in Tuscaloosa, I could see their family mentioning it and the couple looking up details. The internet searches could be innocent. The other factors in this case are hard to understand, but this one I can see having a logical reason behind. Or...he could have used to it to come up with his own idea to leave his son in the car. Just thought I would share about why I think the internet searches could be innocent.

:wagon:

As far as the Chic fil a parking lot is concerned, that looks like a pretty small parking lot. The drive thru goes all the way behind it. I bet a camera or two would cover the whole lot.
moo
egymemyv.jpg

I think it's going to come down to the exact search terms entered

Searching "car related heat deaths children" or a news article on a recent case isn't damning and the time & temperature may be a byproduct of that search and contained in the article or link.

If he specifically searched out the terms spelled out in the affidavit. Then IMO it was deliberate research for murder.

They don't need premeditation for the charges he's facing.
There's no denying he knew leaving him there would kill his child.

And IMO no way he "forgot" him.
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my two cents:
They were delusional and in a cult or took there religion way too literally.
The dad is a narcissist thinks his son is his property.
Mother took out a large insurance policy on the child's life.
If you are a creationist and believe in God's will, why the need for insurance policies? (just thinking out loud)
One or both of them have Munchausen by proxy Syndrome

I am a creationist as in I believe in the biblical view of creation. I also believe in Gods will. However, I believe God expects us to plan wisely. After the birth of all four children, we bought a life insurance policy for them that would cover their burial should something happen to them. That's just financial planning. But these were $10k policies that we cancelled once they were adults and bought their own policies.

ETA I'm not taking up for this guy, just trying to clarify buying life insurance on a baby. I think he's guilty.

Why would anyone research leaving babies in hot cars?
No one, supposedly, plans to do this and if they do, they are breaking laws already. Who even thinks about leaving babies inside vehicles long enough to go google it? What difference does it make if it is 70 degrees or 90 degrees! You just don't do it. I know I have googled some weird stuff thanks to WS, but this is too much for me, unless one of them has a manuscript in the works about a baby dying this way. Jmo

I raised my daughter, never left her in a car for a second ever- hot, or cold. Not even to run into a convenience store- too risky too many carjackers. Just would NOT ever do it.
I would assume this is COMMON SENSE. No need to research it online ever.

Just checking in while watching the World Cup. The mom searched as well? WHAT THE HE!!??? Can someone give me a synopsis?

Hi Gitana,

Here is the link. I'm really baffled, as having raised a son who attended day care in So. Cal (where it gets very hot here too) we never researched such a thing. Not saying others don't, but this is really has me kerflunkled.

The mother of a Georgia toddler who died after the boy was left by his father in a sweltering SUV for seven hours also searched, on the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur.

Link: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/06/wife_of_justin_ross_harris_als.html

Mel

I'm floored. Just... speechless. :banghead:

I mean, what are the odds that two parents search on child deaths in cars and HOW they occur, only to have it happen to their child?

(I'm a former carseat tech - obsessed with safety/children in cars - and a mom, and even I never searched how that could happen.)

Thank you Paisley, could the Harris home be added and can you make sure this map is also posted in the MEDIA ONLY thread for ease of locating later?

Sure thing-- Harris home should be listed on the map. Will also post in Media Only thread.

I once had an argument with my sister about leaving her infant daughter in the car. She thought it was ok under certain circumstances. My position was no. Never. Ever. I could see her going and doing her own research after the discussion.

Maybe the couple had differing opinions in whether or not it was safe to leave Cooper in the car if one was , say, going in to pay for gas, or running into the bank to drop off paperwork. Again, another reason to be doing some research.

NOT giving Dad a pass, because I believe much of his other conduct is super hinky. Just saying that focusing on his internet search history could prevent the discovery of other, more significant evidence.

I recently read stories of kids going to get something out of the car or playing hide and seek and being overtaken by the head in mere minutes. I'm not sure what time frame I would have thought would be accurate because I would be way to paranoid to leave my child in the car more than 30 seconds to grab the mail or put my newborn in. And even then the car is running with air blasting and door open.

Well if the kid crawls into hot car (or is playing hide and seek) it happens faster because the car may already be 115 degrees inside from the start!

In Georgia someone leaves a baby in the car for a "minute" with A/C on at least once or twice a year and the car gets stolen causing a huge panicked man hunt for an hour or so (until the car thieves realize there is a baby sleeping in the back seat and find someplace to drop the kid).

Last year there was a huge panic on bulletin boards when a van with 8 show dogs was stolen (a/c was on in a motel parking lot while the handlers packed up the room, van was stolen and missing for over a day, fortunately the thief abandoned it in the shade with the windows down and all of the dogs were found safe).

As far as the Chic fil a parking lot is concerned, that looks like a pretty small parking lot. The drive thru goes all the way behind it. I bet a camera or two would cover the whole lot.
moo

I'm sure this has been discussed over the past few days (this case is almost too much for me so I've been AWOL), but a toddler does not get quiet for a 2-minute ride from Chic-Fil-A to the office. They chat, they babble, they squirm. They would be hard to 'forget' in that short time period. JMO

:wagon: Good to have you join us. I think we are all trying to wrap our heads around this one. LE seemed so certain so fast that there was more to this case than initially met the eye. With each new revelation we get a better understanding of why they may have thought that so very quickly.

Look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

I'm floored. Just... speechless. :banghead:

I mean, what are the odds that two parents search on child deaths in cars and HOW they occur, only to have it happen to their child?

(I'm a former carseat tech - obsessed with safety/children in cars - and a mom, and even I never searched how that could happen.)
Maybe he emailed her a link to read or something?

It is weird. Why this year? The timing is suspect.

BBM

But didn't he ADMIT doing the search? That's why her admission is so odd. Does this mean they both did searches about kids dying in hot cars?

By Mainstream Media accounts, it sure looks that way.

:panic:

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members