GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 3 areas I question that haven't been discussed yet that I have run across.

I thought I heard in the first reports that RH left his residence at 8:30am. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

If he left at 8:30am and his first stop was CFA, how long did it take him to arrive? Also, if there is videotape, was Cooper on his shoulder appearing to be sleeping at the time? Did he walk out with him the same way?

I also read somewhere that RH arrived at work at 9:20am. Did it really take 50 min. to do all that from home to work? If not, there is a lapse of time there unaccounted for.

Wish we could have a timeline setup for this case like we had for the Casey Anthony case. I realize there is more info to come out if we go by what LE has said so far.

Timeline of a Cobb County toddler’s death
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/timeline-of-a-cobb-county-toddlers-death/ngSSk/

I think the COD would not then be determined to be hyperthermia. A live child in a car all day is going to be different on autopsy than a dead body in a closed vehicle.

MOO

''sleeping'' child after being administered something to put him to sleep is what I was alluding .... or cold and flu otc med, etc

I have read that warrant several times. It appears to me, in my pea brain, that perhaps there were cameras in the Home Depot parking lot. Reason I say this is the statement that he 'returned to his car at lunch.' Of course LE have not stated how they know this but if Harris did not tell them how did they know??? Camera maybe. Also they stated what time he left work, like 4:16 or something. Makes me think cameras were there. MOO

I would find it much easier to believe leaving Cooper in the car was unintentional if he had driven directly from home to work.

But after putting Cooper in the car at Chic-fil-A, driving to daycare had to be at the top of his mind. It seems unlikely that, in the span of a few seconds (closing the rear door, getting behind the wheel, and driving from the parking lot to street access), that one would forget their destination.

Plus, I think most parents would be talking to their child about the day..."Okay, now we're going to daycare. You're going to play and eat lunch with your friends. After nap time, I'll come to pick you up...."

I've been following these child death cases for several years and have never searched for how long it takes a child or animal to die in a hot car - I have searched for cases and ways that parents can lessen the chances of this happening.

I hope that this wasn't intentional, but if it was, I'm hoping that Connor was drugged so that perhaps he didn't suffer as much.

You never know. He might have been thinking about something that was worrying him about work for that day and and lost track of his son.

I can totally see it happening to anyone.

The charges are certainly effective in being able to put someone away who had no intent of harming his child! I don't think that's "brilliant" I think that's horrific. That someone could be sent to death for a crime the legal system doesn't think they intended to happen.

In my opinion, honestly, to be convicted of a crime it should have to be proven there's intent.

Isn't that what all this hubub is about on this board with this sad case? Those who firmly believe it was his INTENT to harm that child?

So why not make that a part of this criminal prosecution process? PROVE intent - or at least make it a requirement of the charge.

I also don't celebrate when people are used as "examples", of when prosecutors purposely charge someone with the MOST they think they can "make stick" and so there's bargaining room. I think people should be charged fairly, for what they did, and not more than that.

ITA. Charging, trying, convicting and punishing someone for a crime shouldn't be a "strategy." Especially when the death penalty is involved.

I just wonder what accident accounts or his inability to smell.

Bottle rocket incident is on his reddit account, I don't think we can link to it or I would. Sorry!

There are a couple of things that could impair his ability to smell

major allergies or sinus infection come to mind

I just wonder what accident accounts or his inability to smell.

Bottle rocket incident is on his reddit account, I don't think we can link to it or I would. Sorry!

I don't think we are allowed to discuss Reditt posts. I always thought that if it can't be linked it can't be discussed.

Smell? I guess your saying that Cooper would have smelled bad and JRH should have noticed when he got in the car. That's a good point.

Sentences Vary When Kids Die in Hot Cars

Not surprisingly, the harshest treatment is reserved for those who intentionally left their children. According to the AP's analysis, those people are nearly twice as likely to serve time than people who simply forgot the child. And on average, they received sentences that were 5 1/2 years longer.

In 2004, Tara Maynor was sentenced to 12 1/2 to 60 years in prison on two counts of second-degree murder after leaving her two children in a car for four hours outside a suburban Detroit beauty parlor while she got a massage and hairdo. She told police she was "too stupid to know they would die."

Just last month, Karla Edwards pleaded guilty in Aiken, S.C., to homicide by child abuse for leaving her 15-month-old son, Zachary Frison, in a car for nine hours in April 2006 while she worked at a home-improvement store. When Edwards was unable - or unwilling - to explain her actions, the judge sentenced her to 20 years.

http://www.ggweather.com/heat/ap_sentencing.htm

You never know. He might have been thinking about something that was worrying him about work for that day and and lost track of his son.

I can totally see it happening to anyone.

I keep thinking he might have gotten a work-related phone call. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Marking my spot.....now going back
to read. :seeya:

There are 3 areas I question that haven't been discussed yet that I have run across.

I thought I heard in the first reports that RH left his residence at 8:30am. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

If he left at 8:30am and his first stop was CFA, how long did it take him to arrive? Also, if there is videotape, was Cooper on his shoulder appearing to be sleeping at the time? How long was he there? Did he walk out with him the same way?

I also read somewhere that RH arrived at work at 9:20am. Did it really take 50 min. to do all that from home to work? If not, there is a lapse of time there unaccounted for.

Wish we could have a timeline setup for this case like we had for the Casey Anthony case. I realize there is more info to come out if we go by what LE has said so far.

I read a timeline(no link) that he left home at 8:30 am and got to ChicAFil at 8:55 am.:twocents:

I can see now how a hearing problem could be used as an explanation for not hearing Cooper.

How long ago did this bottle rocket incident happen? Is there a link to MSM for this?

it came up today in the previous thread - it was an accident caused by a friend - he's not bitter about it apparently

The explanation I heard on CNN the other night was they went with the charges they felt would stick. So, it does make sense.

Do you remember if they mentioned anything about the difference between first and second degree child cruelty. Like malice vs criminal negligence?

Still about 6 pages behind, but - God forbid - I left my child in the car by accident and he/she passed away, I cannot imagine "facing" one single person I knew, let alone addressing everyone attending the funeral, even by phone. Setting aside the despair and grief for a second, the shame and self-loathing I would feel for causing my child's death would likely make me withdraw entirely from everyone I knew. I understand that everyone deals with grief differently, but RH's behaviour at the service floored me. IMO

Still about 6 pages behind, but - God forbid - I left my child in the car by accident and he/she passed away, I cannot imagine "facing" one single person I knew, let alone addressing everyone attending the funeral, even by phone. Setting aside the despair and grief for a second, the shame and self-loathing I would feel for causing my child's death would likely make me withdraw entirely from everyone I knew. I understand that everyone deals with grief differently, but RH's behaviour at the service floored me. IMO

I completely agree. I have noticed that we haven't heard that Harris is on suicide watch.

No one needs to innocently google or "research" about infants/toddlers dying in a hot car. It is common sense that they would & quickly. Just like you don't have to google anything about sticking your hand into a pot of boiling water--the consequences are apparent & common knowledge.

Additionally, this toddler was 22 mos old and this was probably not the first summer he's been in a car. So therefore, since it is not the first time this child has been in a car there would be no new or relevant reason for the Dad to do this "research".

One can surmise that there was a recent inquiry or "research" done by the Dad because it was a prelude to a plan of action.

Or as they say in Poker.....it was a "tell".

There have been quite a few killers who have given themselves away by what they've googled right before they've committed a crime. Casey Anthony comes to mind and heck, I remember one guy (Justin something or other) that googled a song "I used to love her but I had to kill her" before he killed his wife by trying to make it look like a robbery gone wrong!

Yes, Justin Barber, downloaded that song among others but it was the only thing he deleted before he gave his computer to cops. A double-tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769