GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 60 years old. I've seen/heard, more then most.
THIS case, astounds me. AKA. Absolutely, blows my mind.
Both husband and wife.

Their church. WOW. Blindly throwing money at them, without ANY information!
Ouch!

Mom, in court, who just buried her son, listening to all of this, without any emotion, chewing gum. Without emotion! I'm floored.

I've been more overcome, when one of my dogs die. By natural causes, nevermind being baked to death. I would be nearly overcome with sadness and grief.

I am willing to bet $1,000. Dollars. They will turn on each other.

Her first.
I hope LE has hauled her *advertiser censored* down to the station.
Wow. Just. Wow.
Just, when you thought you'd heard everything!

I am beginning to think that Justin Ross Harris may have some similarities with Casey Anthony, Diane Downs, and Josh Powell. They killed their own children because they saw them as a burden to their "care free" life they so obsess about.

This was so much more than that. I think it sexually excited him. jmo

That's why you plea for a better deal such as 30 years vs execution.

IF the State is willing to play ball. With the evidence they have, I don't see that happening. And I suspect that Leanna is next.

MOO

Both husband and wife.

Ouch!

Mom, in court, who just buried her son, listening to all of this, without any emotion, chewing gum. Without emotion! I'm floored.

I've been more overcome, when one of my dogs die. By natural causes, nevermind being baked to death. I would be nearly overcome with sadness and grief.

Her first.

Wow. Just. Wow.

This isn't all that shocking to me.
It was too easy for him.
All he had to do was park and walk away....and that's just what he did.

Every murderer has their supporters and church folk are all too naive and willing to blindly have faith in those they see every Sunday.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a member for some time, but just like to read, and also have tried to stop following crime, but when this happened, and we live about a hour away, I couldn't help myself. The statements that the mom said at the funeral, bothered me to the extent that I couldn't stop thinking about it. Then today the comment she made at the daycare, along with what she said to him, about, you didn't say too much, I was dumfounded. I am busy around the house, and it hit me, Ross, for lack of a better word, really looks dumb. He appears to me that he can't really do anything right, a bragger, but in the long run is not really going to achieve that much, because he screws it up. I have no idea what the both of them have really been doing on the side, we certainly got some idea today what Ross was up to, but I have a weird feeling there is more to come. I may be crazy, but I think mom is the mastermind of this, and Ross's job was to go ahead with it. And since he doesn't appear to be the brightest, he made a lot of mistakes. I just get this vibe from her that she is the one in control, and she is thinking, go figure, he got this messed up. Please don't laugh, it was maybe the stain fumes I am using on my cabinets, that caused me to think that. I thought I couldn't get shocked anymore with crime, I was wrong. Poor little Cooper, it makes me sick.

Some cases you know you will never be the same-this is definitely one of those cases for me.

IF the State is willing to play ball. With the evidence they have, I don't see that happening. And I suspect that Leanna is next.

MOO

Yes. I'm not seeing a reason for the state to pursue a plea deal at this point.

Both husband and wife.

Ouch!

Her first.
Wow. Just. Wow.

55 here and I hear you! Just look at the happy posts of people baking cookies in their cars, and imagine, if you can make cookies, what would that do to a child.

I wish I could be naïve and think he just fell asleep and never woke up, but I know that is not true. The suffering that child went through is enough to keep me awake forever! Until this case, I never knew what the child went through. Now my heart is broken for every child "forgotten".

In 32 years of working in critical care, I have NEVER, not once, had a mother not request to see their child, whether they were hours old to adulthood. NEVER.

There is a sound that mothers make when they learn of their child's death. It is a deep gutteral wail. The sound is so distinct that I could tell when a mother was given the news and I was on the other side of the ER. If you have heard it, you know what I mean. Instantly recognizable. Such profound pain it brings you to tears.

Am I correct in thinking that the detective said that LH showed little to no emotion and no tears upon hearing the news of CH death?

You never forget the sound...........

I am saying the prosecution has a strong case for the DP... why would they plea out to 30?

It's easier, cheaper...

Oh... That reminds me. I HATED the way his attorney trashed the media being there...suggested to the judge to dismiss the warrant to get rid of them.

well-proof she was leaving the courtroom- now to wait & see where she went after this pic was taken

Leanna_Harris.jpg

“Ross must’ve left him in the car,” Leanna Harris said in front of witnesses at the daycare, according to Stoddard.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/detective-toddlers-dad-had-a-double-life/ngYgf/

I think she went out with sheriffs/court house security to back entrance - you can request that.

Attention Please!

I'm going to be setting up a new thread in a few minutes. So please be ready to go to the new thread when I get it set up. This thread will close in about 10 minutes.

tia
fran
:seeya:

In 32 years of working in critical care, I have NEVER, not once, had a mother not request to see their child, whether they were hours old to adulthood. NEVER.

There is a sound that mothers make when they learn of their child's death. It is a deep gutteral wail. The sound is so distinct that I could tell when a mother was given the news and I was on the other side of the ER. If you have heard it, you know what I mean. Instantly recognizable. Such profound pain it brings you to tears.

Am I correct in thinking that the detective said that LH showed little to no emotion and no tears upon hearing the news of CH death?

Exactly this. I worked for several years as a tissue recovery technician for organ, eye and tissue donations. I have unfortunately heard this sound once... after an organ donation and the mom waited at the hospital and wanted us to inform her when his heart was stopped. She just wanted to know, and the delivery of that knowledge was followed by the most gut wrenching sound I've ever heard. She fell to her knees and literally pulled out two handfuls of her hair.

I also did the requisite FDA interviews with next of kin that knew the patient the most... Many many times the interviews were delayed because the moms couldn't leave their children's bedside. Many waited and held, watched, snuggled, etc. their dead children until the funeral home came to pick up because they didn't want their children left alone. They didn't want to say goodbye.

She never asked to see Cooper and never showed emotion. I cannot comprehend this.

I've been a member for some time, but just like to read, and also have tried to stop following crime, but when this happened, and we live about a hour away, I couldn't help myself. The statements that the mom said at the funeral, bothered me to the extent that I couldn't stop thinking about it. Then today the comment she made at the daycare, along with what she said to him, about, you didn't say too much, I was dumfounded. I am busy around the house, and it hit me, Ross, for lack of a better word, really looks dumb. He appears to me that he can't really do anything right, a bragger, but in the long run is not really going to achieve that much, because he screws it up. I have no idea what the both of them have really been doing on the side, we certainly got some idea today what Ross was up to, but I have a weird feeling there is more to come. I may be crazy, but I think mom is the mastermind of this, and Ross's job was to go ahead with it. And since he doesn't appear to be the brightest, he made a lot of mistakes. I just get this vibe from her that she is the one in control, and she is thinking, go figure, he got this messed up. Please don't laugh, it was maybe the stain fumes I am using on my cabinets, that caused me to think that. I thought I couldn't get shocked anymore with crime, I was wrong. Poor little Cooper, it makes me sick.

It's not the stain fumes honey. It really isn't. I agree with you completely. :loveyou:

That's very very interesting and after seeing her today, with my own eyes... It would't shock me.

OT I need to figure out how to get rid of the cow. It's really starting to annoy me.

I'm right there with you on each point! I watched in horror when they spelled out the case today. Utter disbelief!

Originally Posted by AccountingNerd View Post
Loooong time lurker here. I watched every second of the hearing and it answered so many questions. At first I was on the fence. As this case is almost in my backyard, the couple seems like a typical southern baptist family...People I work with and might be friends with. But, it turns out this guy is an evil creep. What still perplexes me is the wife. I just can't figure her out...How much did she know and consent to?

HOW did she know right away that Ross left Cooper in the car?
WHY did she show no emotion and only care about seeing Ross?
WHY is she sticking up for this ? She knew about the cheating. Did she not know about the sexting?

I just can't comprehend how someone could do this to their own baby. As someone who so desperately and unsuccessfully has been trying to conceive, these kind of stories make me sick.

Glad you joined us! :welcome:

This true crime story is too difficult to comprehend. It is heartbreaking the suffering the baby went through. Beating his head against the top of the carseat in protest; Cooper had outgrown his carseat by 2 - 3" as testified to today. And that's not all but I am greatly distressed over this baby boy's death and the depravity of the heart of man.

The mom's question to her husband was: "Well, did you tell too much?" IOW, did you tell about me?

This will not be a case of the wife being the last to know. She has known about his sexual issues for years. Possibly enjoyed some of his issues, too.

There is much more to come. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member