GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he's hearing impaired and I bet this may have been what gave him the idea. As I've mentioned before I am hearing impaired and so I don't drive. I can't hear enough to trust myself to be safe. But I will point something else out. As a hearing impaired person I am (or was when they were little) an absolute FANATIC about my children being in my line of site at all times. I absolutely could not let them ever walk behind me. I had to see them because I couldn't rely on my hearing.

I believe, based on what his friend said about always talking to him on one side, that he was definitely deaf in one ear. People do that with me now and still always forget I can't hear. So for his friend to do that and mention it that way seems sincere to me.

MOO

I'd like to know if he was in the habit of sexting that much on other days or was he particularly "sexty" on the day of Cooper's death.

I sure didn't see that one coming! Curious how much more is out there (and if there is a male? --his atty mentioned it)

Someone posted on the other thread about seeing a plea for life without parole very soon. That won't happen unless the charges are majorly upgraded. Right now, and even if the charge is upgraded to 1st degree child abuse and felony murder, he's looking at a mandatory life sentence but because Harris has no prior felony convictions he would be eligible for parole in 30 years.

Is there a way to get notifications when someone replies to your posts?

Raise the bar in safety don't lower it in sympathy! :blushing:

Here's something that people should take notice of. One of the last things that the DA said to the judge is that "you have the pictures" IOW he can see what happened to this child.

It seems to me these types of details need to be made more public. Someone mentioned in another thread that they thought the children fell asleep.

So just in case it was missed, those PICTURES are pretty much what made up the judges mind and caused him to prosecute and deny bond.

That's because Cooper was found at death with his eyes and mouth OPEN imagine his horrified grimace of death. He had CLAWED HIMSELF on the face and bashed his own head enough to have caused SEVERAL abrasions on the back of his head.

His body was locked into the position of rigor mortis as seated. He was strapped in by daddy "extra tight" to be safe. Daddy said he made sure it was tight. (detective reported) and so there was no way for the child to get out.

Sweltering heat steaming down on top of the child, no air no air, slowly suffocating as he hysterically screamed and cried and thrashed and tried to get out. Desperately clawing at this face for lack of oxygen, complete panic for way more than 15 minutes. This wasn't a newborn deep in sleep, sedated until they passed out and they slowly drifted into death.

This was a child tortured by his father to death. When I hear stories like this it reminds me of the walls in the concentration camps filled with the fingernails and clawmarks of desperate people being poisoned to death. But even that horror only lasted a few minutes. This could have gone on for up to an hour because he had just taken him out of the seat and got him something at Chikfila.

OK rant over, but this needs to me mentioned more and more instead of stupid sympathy for negligent parents. :banghead::banghead:

This just made me sob all over again...

I truly hope all the good hearted people that tried to help this man by donating money are now requesting refunds from YouCaring, which they are entitled to do. And they better do it quick, since I'm pretty sure LH has her hands on it, and that's what she was planning to use for bail.

Someone posted on the other thread about seeing a plea for life without parole very soon. That won't happen unless the charges are majorly upgraded. Right now, and even if the charge is upgraded to 1st degree child abuse and felony murder, he's looking at a mandatory life sentence but because Harris has no prior felony convictions he would be eligible for parole in 30 years.

Is there a way to get notifications when someone replies to your posts?

I think since the judge made it clear this could become a DP case, that anything can happen at this point. He has other charges pending as well. Who knows what all they have.

I am all over the place. I talked to the family and I saw him up close and to me he did not feel like a baby killer. However there was some pretty damning evidence against him. I definitely feel it is possible that he is a sex addict who was so consumed with sexting that he got so distracted he forgot about his son. But then when he got back to the car that night did not know what to do - did not want people to know what he had done, drove around in a panic and then stopped at a shopping mall.. but even that is a very serious set of crimes..
The thing that bothers me is did he plan it and do it completely intentionally or not? My gut feel says no now - though until today my gut told me yes. Until today I thought the mom was in on it too but now I am not so sure - the couple had a terrible relationship it seems so I do not think the two of them planned this together - he was sexting all these other women online because he and Leanna were not having sex they say
What really bothered me was the bit about the online conversation with one of the sexters - she said "you are married - don't you have a conscience?" (something to that effect) to which he replied "no"

and his emotionless face too could signal psychopathy.. he definitely was not as emotional as he should be, but he may be on drugs - I know he was in the infirmary in the jail - maybe on suicide watch or maybe for his own safety.. he looked to me like he was so depressed he did not really care anymore mostly

I felt so so so sorry for the family though.. the Grandma was beside herself crying - I thought she might collapse.. Leanna just looked stunned.. I think she is in shock - especially after revelations her hubby was sexting with underage girls - which itself is a felony apparently

The family has done nothing and they have lost a grandbaby and the daddy is going to jail for a long time probably.. so I felt sorry for them

Obviously, I have an interest in following these true crime stories or I would not be a member here...but, today has about done me in.

That little Guy walking and chatting in the Chik-Fil-a. His Daddy's kiss on his head.

That Baby's head popping up above the car seat...and Daddy seeing it, probably hearing him talking, as he backs the car into the space.

How long did he wait for Daddy to pick him up...to come back for him...as it got hotter and hotter...How long did he call for him, sob and cry while Daddy was taking pix of his penis?

And this MOTHER! The two pillars of the church here. My husband, the LEADER.

Dreams of the Baby in Jesus lap, while the fat Rock Star plays the guitar and Mommy Dearest is surrounded by other children. This is vomitous.

Forget about just Capitol punishment. I want these two stoned on the Village Square. There is no punishment that could ever approximate what has been done to that trusting Little Guy who loved them.

Cooper died of a broken heart (abandonment) long before the physical torture overtook him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that was tough going! I only managed to watch parts of it as I was doing baths and bedtime for little ones. Been trying to get caught up on the other thread.

What a horrible horrible man! To hear little cooper was happily eating breakfast with daddy minutes befor was heartbreaking! Then knowing RH went for lunch with friends as normal, had his friends drop him off at his car and drop off his light bulbs, knowing little Cooper was there was just too much.

I truly hope there is a special place for the likes of him, down below!

And LH with her strange reaction to hearing Cooper didn't arrive at daycare that day, her first thought was that RH had left him in the car?
She didn't even ask to see her baby boy when LE told her what had happened, all she wanted was her husband?

She has some questions that need answering too x

If wifey claims (and I think she will) to be manipulated and abused and what not....I think it will be hard to explain why he was buying bulbs for HER VANITY MIRROR that day.

I feel bad for all who thought they knew this man. today had to be quite a tough day for them. I am betting most of them found out about this evidence as we did, in court.

gonna cut the friends and family some slack. JMO

I felt for his brother, here he is a police officer for 20yrs told on the stand that his brother texting penis pics to 16yr old girls. Talk about embarrassing.

I don't think the defense thought the bomb shells would be this bad. Jmo

ciao

thanks to those correcting or reminding me of things to add to my list of what we learned to day. keep em coming while I can still edit it :)

I have noticed that there are very few pictures of Cooper in the media. I hope there is no $$ deal being worked out for more of them.

Bless your little heart in the nicest way:loveyou:~~my older sister would have been the same :blowkiss:

Seriously I don't understand it. Perhaps someone can explain it to me.

Leaving your kid to be tortured in a car is worthy of sympathy

But sending a picture of your d*** to someone OMG!! THE MONSTER I"M TOTALLY OFF THE FENCE!

I don't get it. Isn't torturing your son way worse than being a sexual pervert? :confused::confused:

I don't feel sorry for RH's folks. This Psycho was made, not born, this way. His character problems would have surfaced in childhood. If they didn't help to create this monster, they ignored or enabled him. They bear some of the blame, unleashing this predator on society.

The only one I feel sorry for is Cooper. He didn't deserve this. He's the only innocent victim here.

I disagree but such is life. I can't blame the family without more information regarding his childhood and mental history if I could blame them at all. They are victims in my mind

So. This mother knew that her dirty, filthy, cheating, , PAEDOPHILE husband had been sending photos of his erect penis to a minor as her precious baby suffered an excruciating death. Photos that he took while the baby was in the room. And she still spoke about having another baby with the guy who murdered her baby. At that baby's funeral.

Right.

So nothing has changed wrt my opinion of the father since the hearng. I'm not surprised at all by anything that was revealed. My opinion of the mother is much lower though. I had always suspected she knew what was going on and neglected to save her baby - putting her husband above him, thinking she could sacrifice the baby to save the marriage (she could always have another baby later, he was disposable to her). But now I see her as a direct accomplice. She knew what he was going to do, it's shown by her immediately saying he left the baby in the car when Cooper wasn't at daycare. Also by asking him if he revealed too much when he got to the police station.

Cooper died of a broken heart (abandonment) long before the physical torture overtook him.

Except, no...because he did actually die in the most awful, tortuous way possible.

imo.

inquiring minds want to know, were you feeling particularly Sexty on June 18th or just the normal sexty?

GAG!

I'm curious about whether what was happening to his child was exciting to him. I didn't want to come out and say that, but there it is.

I am all over the place. I talked to the family and I saw him up close and to me he did not feel like a baby killer. However there was some pretty damning evidence against him. I definitely feel it is possible that he is a sex addict who was so consumed with sexting that he got so distracted he forgot about his son. But then when he got back to the car that night did not know what to do - did not want people to know what he had done, drove around in a panic and then stopped at a shopping mall.. but even that is a very serious set of crimes..
The thing that bothers me is did he plan it and do it completely intentionally or not? My gut feel says no now - though until today my gut told me yes. Until today I thought the mom was in on it too but now I am not so sure - the couple had a terrible relationship it seems so I do not think the two of them planned this together - he was sexting all these other women online because he and Leanna were not having sex they say
What really bothered me was the bit about the online conversation with one of the sexters - she said "you are married - don't you have a conscience?" (something to that effect) to which he replied "no"

and his emotionless face too could signal psychopathy.. he definitely was not as emotional as he should be, but he may be on drugs - I know he was in the infirmary in the jail - maybe on suicide watch or maybe for his own safety.. he looked to me like he was so depressed he did not really care anymore mostly

I felt so so so sorry for the family though.. the Grandma was beside herself crying - I thought she might collapse.. Leanna just looked stunned.. I think she is in shock - especially after revelations her hubby was sexting with underage girls - which itself is a felony apparently

The family has done nothing and they have lost a grandbaby and the daddy is going to jail for a long time probably.. so I felt sorry for them

thank you for giving us the POV from inside the courtroom! We were all anxious to hear your impressions.

I am betting it is not marked on his Driver's license. The license he obtained whilst having to hear the examiner who was sitting to his right in the passenger seat. He was also an LE dispatcher!

How about him talking in police lingo when being questioned? wtf?

Just stopping by quickly. I have to take my 3 guys to their last wrestling practice for the summer.

I asked Nursebeeme if we were allowed to proceed with discussion about the mother in light of the info we received about her today from Det Stoddard.

Nurse said Yes! But only about the facts that we learned today.

I want to make a list of the facts that we learned and will start on that when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015