GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The defense seemed truly surprised by some of what came out. The only one who did not seem shocked in court today was LH. She did not seem shocked or moved by any of it. I hope I am wrong and I just missed her showing her shock and horror at her husbands behavior.

I Know! How in heavens name did she sit there and not cry? I firmly believe tonight that this woman was well aware of her dhs plan to kill Cooper. She looked like a 15 year old sitting in a classroom chewing gum.

Did you notice the defendants mom? She was devasted IMO....

I thought it was interesting when the children's pastor? preacher? was on the stand being a character witness for RH, and she was asked about the "activities" RH had been involved in. I almost literally saw her do a 180° turn in the chair...
"Uh, I know him from church"...
I'd love to read that part of the testimony again. I felt bad for laughing, because I do believe she was shocked and horrified at what the atty had just asked her...
I'm sorry lady, that's what happens when you take the stand for someone you really don't "know"
Been there done that...
moo

When is Harris' next court date? Do we know yet?

For some reason July 15 is coming to mind, but I thought that was suppose to be bond hearing :waitasec:

Lord knows I need to recover from today's hearing :please:

I Know! How in heavens name did she sit there and not cry? I firmly believe tonight that this woman was well aware of her dhs plan to kill Cooper. She looked like a 15 year old sitting in a classroom chewing gum.

Leanna looked bored to me. She seemed completely unfazed by what was being said in the courtroom about the death of her precious baby.

I know criminal are often stupid and/or never think about getting caught, beyond the basics, but it still surprises me that this particular man would so completely ignore the traceability of his electronics in this situation. Just mind-boggling, the combination of arrogance, stupidity, carelessness, etc. But I am sure LE is grateful, as I know I am.

Leanna looked bored to me. She seemed completely unfazed by what was being said in the courtroom about the death of her precious baby.

Well this hearing wasn't about her. Wait til she gets her turn in the hot seat. She might show more interest then.

MOO

I missed this discussion, but I just looked it up this morning. I think they need to upgrade back up to child neglect 1 or better, murdermurder (rather than felony murder) to get the DP. Popsicle pointed out that they just changed the child neglect 2 charge to murder 2 (actually, they CREATED a murder 2 charge and put that crime in it). Afaict, if he's convicted of 2nd degree child neglect--the current charge--he'll be sentenced to a max of 30 years either because the new law applies retroactively to him or because the change in the law makes a life sentence, and certainly the DP, cruel and unusual for the offense by current standards. I think they will re-upgrade or charge murder. jmo

I think there's a good chance, given time to comb through all the evidence - I think it was downgraded to get through today (at minimum) and keep him behind bars while they have the time to process the case... or, it could just be a matter of charging him with a crime they KNOW he will be convicted of (rather than see him acquitted and walk free).... IMO

Well this hearing wasn't about her. Wait til she gets her turn in the hot seat. She might show more interest then.

MOO

So true! I'm not so patiently waiting for her to get her turn.

Det Stoddard testified about the phone call Leanna had with her mother about Cooper being dead.

IIRC he stated that Leanna did not shed a tear but he could hear her mother wailing on the phone. I think Leanna said something about how she (Leanna) must be in shock.

I do want to rewatch the hearing later, but I just can't make myself right now

Because he was only precious to everyone else.

:(

Yes! I know people are upset about what she said about the judge being a SOB for not granting bond, BUT my heart breaks for her. She was put through the ringer today. I can understand her misplaced anger. After all this is her child being accused of killing her grandchild. She had to hear for the first time her son wasn't the man he was pretending to be. That has to be so deeply devastating!

Det Stoddard testified about the phone call Leanna had with her mother about Cooper being dead.

IIRC he stated that Leanna did not shed a tear but he could hear her mother wailing on the phone. I think Leanna said something about how she (Leanna) must be in shock.

I do want to rewatch the hearing later, but I just can't make myself right now

One of the officers actually heard Leanna's mother ask her why she was being so calm or words to that effect. Nail in Leanna's coffin as well, IMO.

I think there's a good chance, given time to comb through all the evidence - I think it was downgraded to get through today (at minimum) and keep him behind bars while they have the time to process the case... or, it could just be a matter of charging him with a crime they KNOW he will be convicted of (rather than see him acquitted and walk free).... IMO

I feel pretty sure after today that they're going to try him for murder, or at least first degree child cruelty. I didn't think so until I learned that the felony murder charge could be problematic given the new law and sentencing. If they didn't have to, no reason to. But now I think they have to.

eta: and more major props to popsicle. That new law is extremely key imo!

I did not wear a gauge, however my lobes are stretched from heavy 80's earrings and age!
He could have worn a hoop that was pulled or he had a habit of twittering his earring...:shutup:

I agree. The defense seemed truly surprised by some of what came out. The only one who did not seem shocked in court today was LH. She did not seem shocked or moved by any of it. I hope I am wrong and I just missed her showing her shock and horror at her husbands behavior.

now that's the troubling part of today.......there should have been some reaction rather than just seeing her chew her cud......there was an insolence about her that was 'unsettlling' to say the least....

I know criminal are often stupid and/or never think about getting caught, beyond the basics, but it still surprises me that this particular man would so completely ignore the traceability of his electronics in this situation. Just mind-boggling, the combination of arrogance, stupidity, carelessness, etc. But I am sure LE is grateful, as I know I am.

He thought he was smarter than everyone and had the perfect plan. It would be accident, no one would go digging. He could walk into his new life.

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members