GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched back many pages and couldn't find this info and if it was there it hasn't been elaborated on.

On November 7, 2005 a house fire was reported in the Holt community of Irwin County at 6-6:15 a.m. A volunteer firefighter was on his way back from work and arrived on the scene. He had a water tank on his truck and attempted to put out the embers as the fire was too far gone and there was no house left.

The fire marshall later arrived and was upset that no volunteer crews came to the fire lest this one man. He said the fire had probably been burning since midnight and all was lost. The fire marshall's dogs could'nt work because the ground was too hot.

Later in the evening DEA dogs arrived after the ground had cooled. There were three cadaver dogs according to local sources. The three dogs had a hit in the same spot at different times.

The owner was contacted and asked if a baby had ever died in the house. No, no one has ever died in the house. The owner is an elderly woman who lives in another town. She and her sister, also elderly began living in that house at 4 and 10 years old. No one else has lived in that home but them. It was vacant at the time and used as a family retreat. It had a non-working stove and in fact, they were to meet an appliance delivery man on that Monday after the fire.

The reason that this is importent is because also burned up at the same time was one vehicle that belonged to Michael Lankford. Michael Lankford was Marcus Harper's friend from grade school on. ML's vehicle had no business on the property at all. He wasn't house sitting and he wasn't a handyman. His wife had on occasion cleaned up the house for the elderly women just before they came back for a visit and she knew where the key was. But this wasn't the case now as the stove was being delivered on Monday and no one other than the appliance man knew this.

I have done enough research to know that if three dogs get a hit at different times and at the same spot....it is probably true. The fact the ML's vehicle burned up too tells me it could be to get rid of evidence. As in body removal several days after Tara was murdered. This burned house has real sinister overtones to me.

Thanks for reading. I know this was long but I had to get this off my chest.
Were these details confirmed true/false?

1. Stove was scheduled to be replaced on the following Monday?
2. House owner(s) due to return around that time?
3. ML did not have any caretaking role for the house?
4. ML wife help was enlisted but only for an occasional house cleaning?
5. There was an unusually long response time for fire crew to arrive?

TIA

Ok, here is what I came up with in my meditation. This is basically like free-association writing for me. I ask Tara (if you believe she’s on the “other side” as I do) to show me images of things that she wants us to know. I also add my own interpretation based on what I feel being in the meditation. If you don’t believe in any of this ‘nonsense,’ that’s OK, I just ask that you be kind and open minded. My attempt is a sincere one, even if you don’t believe in what I do. :) Also, remember that the images I’ve noted can be symbolic or literal. Thanks for reading!

I see Tara in two different ways: first, standing in front of me, facing me, and she’s wearing jeans and a red t-shirt. The red shirt has a white “swish” on it, underneath white text, but I can’t make out what that text says. She’s wearing a short necklace, black maybe. I ask her to show me something, she hands me a small light-colored ceramic bulb or round dish. It feels like this is something she cherishes, possibly tied to her childhood or teenage years, like a special music box. She shows me a small table, like an end table, that’s white. She also shows me something yellow and sparkly, which I can only describe as gold nuggets. I can’t get a sense of scale, though -- if these are small or large, like a canyon.

I feel a burst of anger toward her, that she’s not who she ‘pretends’ to be, that she’s fake, a flirt.

I also see Tara a second way, at night time, wearing a white dress. It’s a halter top, clasped behind her neck, but short (knee length), and she’s wearing a short white beaded necklace. I see her from behind, and she’s slowly stepping into a cold lake. The necklace feels like it’s a collar almost – a choking feeling.

A phrase I hear often when I see her is “barking up the wrong tree,” like everyone is looking in another direction, while someone sneaks away.

The images play faster: red tulips, dog hair on her clothes, a white sweater, sunglasses, police swarming, an old computer, images of her and her boyfriend on the screen.

I feel the texture of a police uniform and have always felt a way-too closeness of police in this case. I feel my hands running over the objects in her room – a vase, her curling iron, a scarf.

She shows me something being pushed/moved, feels like a heavy cardboard box. There’s an H word written on the side, like “Handy” or “Hardy.”

She says, “There are tracks.” She also says names to me, like she says, “Marcus,” but I don’t feel like that can be trusted, because I know some of the key players in the case, and my subconscious could be intervening.

I think the big takeaways for me from this meditation are: the water scene with her in the white dress/necklace, the t-shirt logo (what IS that logo?), the gold canyon, the burst of anger I felt toward her for being ‘fake,’ officer involvement, and the cardboard box with “Handy” or “Hardy” on it. If I think of anything else, I’ll let you know.

[BBM]

I think the "swoosh" is Nike's trademarked logo on athletic apparel.

[BBM]

I think the "swoosh" is Nike's trademarked logo on athletic apparel.

It's different than the Nike logo. I want to say Aeropostale or something like that. It's almost like a white ribbon shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's different than the Nike logo. I want to say Aeropostale or something like that. It's almost like a white ribbon shape.

What about Abercrombie? American Eagle?

Justice for Susan Winters.

What about Abercrombie? American Eagle?

It could be, but I can't find that particular shirt design for those brands either. It looks like this but it doesn't say "salsera," and the name might not matter anyway. Maybe this logo is like a local business's or something. It seems important.

354a3bd0d2466dd0c0e29352e4ff399f.jpg

It could be, but I can't find that particular shirt design for those brands either. It looks like this but it doesn't say "salsera," and the name might not matter anyway. Maybe this logo is like a local business's or something. It seems important.

354a3bd0d2466dd0c0e29352e4ff399f.jpg

I figured that's what it looked like...I googled local clothing stores in that area trying to get a vibe of where it might've came from

Were these details confirmed true/false?

1. Stove was scheduled to be replaced on the following Monday?
2. House owner(s) due to return around that time?
3. ML did not have any caretaking role for the house?
4. ML wife help was enlisted but only for an occasional house cleaning?
5. There was an unusually long response time for fire crew to arrive?

TIA
Wowza.....I hope that info can be verified. I am very suspicious of the fire & would like to know more about the 3 DEA cadaver dogs hitting in the same place. The ones done by Underwood & Hanley have been mentioned in the podcast.

Does anyone know how long MLwas employed as a police officer

I also had a dream last night, where someone was yelling, "It's Joe Fortier." I did NOT know the neighbor's last name was Portier! Of course, I must have heard it at some point following this case. Interesting!

I will say in regards to the neighbor, I have always had suspicions. These are my thoughts on him and questions. He could be completely innocent mind you but I believe everyone involved should be thoroughly questioned and their actions before and after the incident should also be looked at. Him washing the car is VERY suspicious to me. Why did he do that knowing there could be vital evidence and it would be important to have the car in the exact condition it was in when she went missing.
We know money was left out in plain sight in the car and it was unlocked. Something Tara wouldn't do normally and it was out of character for her. So the car was important. Dr. Godwin did find debris under the car that could possibly tell where the car had been recently. The neighbor apparently looked over that detail and thankfully Dr. Godwin discovered it!
I've always thought the "bedroom light" deal they had was very weird. Why not the porch light? Something more visible would be more "proper" in my opinion. Did she normally sleep with her lamp on? That would seem odd to me to have a light glaring in your eyes as you try to sleep. Also why was this very important to them? Was she in fear of someone? Also, if the lamp cue was so important, why did he not immediately try to check on her when the lamp wasn't on for several nights? UNLESS he knew why it wasn't.
Another question too. Was the glove dropped possibly as someone walked towards his home? Which direction was the glove dropped?
Next we all know a spouse will cover for their husband/wife. That is no secret. So I personally take what a spouse of a POI states with a grain of salt. Plus they can't testify against their spouse.
My next point of interest is even if he was elderly, it doesn't mean he wasn't infatuated with her. She may not have even been aware of possible feelings he had for her. She may have looked at him as a father figure but he could have seen it differently.
Age has nothing to do with whether a person has the capability to do harm to someone. There are many ways a weak person can commit a crime such as murder without actually physically attacking them with a method such as strangulation which would require strength.
If you want to rule out completely POI you must ask the questions that you may not want to. Know what I mean?
Two people can see a relationship between them completely different. One can see friendship the other romance.
This crime could have happened while the spouse was asleep.
This of course is all my opinion and he could be completely innocent and I truly hope he is. But the questions should be asked.
Each person close to Tara should be deeply and thoroughly checked out.
My personal opinion is this case will be solved by DNA and a confession. Otherwise she will never be found sadly.
BUT cases are solved and prosecuted without a body all the time.
I just want to see justice for beautiful Tara. She deserves that as well as her loved ones and friends.

The neighbor definitely did some suspicious things after Tara disappeared... but what is his motive? Maybe he lusted after her but he was unstable enough to hurt her? I just don't think his motive is as strong as MH or HD.

Sundrop, do you have a list of those recent calls on the night of her disappearance? The person had to know she was going to be home. To be this elaborate it sounds pretty obvious they knew where she was.

The neighbor definitely did some suspicious things after Tara disappeared... but what is his motive? Maybe he lusted after her but he was unstable enough to hurt her? I just don't think his motive is as strong as MH or HD.

In most situations like this I take age out of the equation.
It could be a lust situation possibly. But I also remember that a person's emotions are so deep and complex.
Including Tara's.
So is it possible that he quietly had a thing for her without her knowledge and doing things for her he felt would win her over?
When she was only looking at things he did for her as a fatherly role?
Or let's flip the coin and say she used his possible feelings for her to her advantage and he had enough or finally wanted his award for all the things he did?
Would she have been afraid of him enough to tell someone she felt unsafe or was she in denial that he could actually harm her?
Did he get jealous of her male friends he saw coming and going and finally confront her?
Is it possible that even the wife got tired of it and confronted her leading to a altercation that the husband had to cover up to protect his wife?
Do they possibly own land somewhere that hasn't been searched?
I am only asking these questions to look at other motives or POI than the obvious.
I understand completely that many others are more suspicious.
And it's quite possible that the neighbors are totally innocent of any crime.
I just feel it should be totally looked into and all motives and possibilities covered and ruled out. Only then will the suspect that did this crime be left holding the bag sorta speak.
I do agree on the others motives being more compelling though. Just don't want to look over any possibilities.

If you could narrow it down to 2 possible suspects, who do you think it would be most likely? HD and JP?

If you could narrow it down to 2 possible suspects, who do you think it would be most likely? HD and JP?

Hmmm.
Good question. Both had means and opportunity. I'd probably say yes those would be my two.
(Although I'm taking JP to be the neighbor right? So many initials in so many cases gets my head confused lol!)

I just have this deep feeling that this case is not what we think it is. That it's highly possible it's someone we haven't really considered as a strong suspect. Maybe that is why it seems the case is stalled. LE might not be looking in the right direction possibly.
I'd be looking into whether any of the potentials had farm land or a hunting club membership or even their own country property. See who allows their land to be searched and who doesn't. Who is upfront and who is shady when put on the spot.
I'd love to know why the neighbor thought the car needed to be washed considering she was missing.
The neighbors would know her every move and know when she was supposedly home.
Also a question keeps coming to my mind too. About that lamp.
Did she keep that lamp on even when she had a boyfriend over?
The lamp seems very important to the whole flow of things that happened that night and weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500