GA - TRIAL OF Ryan Alexander Duke & Bo Dukes - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 *Guilty/Not Guilty*

Any news on the hearing for Ryan on 8/30/22?

Also - any more news on when Bo will have his trial in mid-September?

TIA! :)

Any news on the hearing for Ryan on 8/30/22?

Also - any more news on when Bo will have his trial in mid-September?

I found nothing for Ryan since May.

Bo Dukes will carry out his 25-year sentence for concealing the death of Irwin County teacher Tara Grinstead after the Court of Appeals denied him a new trial last week.

In Ben Hill County, Dukes has yet to stand trial on charges in connection to Grinstead's death, including concealing the death of another, tampering with evidence, and hindering apprehension or punishment of a criminal. The trial in Ben Hill was set to take place this summer, but was continued the week before. At this time, a new trial date has not been announced.

Bumping this case up again.

Wondering if there is any news on Ryan's new charges? His last hearing was
On 8/30/22 Ryan will appear in court in Ben Hill County for his Plea in Bar.

Ben Hill County #22-CR-113

if anyone can access the court site?

Also - if there are any hearings for Bo?
Ben Hill County #17CR-189

TIA!

Oh - and I have this one for Bo too

Houston County #2019CR053334-1 thru -12

that is the rape & kidnapping of the 2 ladies on New Year's eve 2019.

Bumping this case up again.

Wondering if there is any news on Ryan's new charges? His last hearing was
On 8/30/22 Ryan will appear in court in Ben Hill County for his Plea in Bar.

if anyone can access the court site?

Also - if there are any hearings for Bo?

TIA!
No access for me but recalling Ryan was denied parole in the same month he was sentenced for concealing the body of Tara. He's already served 5/10 years so this means he will have to serve 5 more years.

In the linked news, it was reported that Bo's Ben Hill County trial was pushed back from the June date and could begin in late September-- but this didn't happen.

6/16/22

The other suspect in the Grinstead case, Bo Dukes had his trial pushed back in Ben Hill County.

The Ben Hill Court Clerk's office said the soonest the trial can begin is in late September. It was initially reported it could happen as soon as June 22.

No access for me but recalling Ryan was denied parole in the same month he was sentenced for concealing the body of Tara. He's already served 5/10 years so this means he will have to serve 5 more years.

In the linked news, it was reported that Bo's Ben Hill County trial was pushed back from the June date and could begin in late September-- but this didn't happen.

6/16/22

The other suspect in the Grinstead case, Bo Dukes had his trial pushed back in Ben Hill County.

The Ben Hill Court Clerk's office said the soonest the trial can begin is in late September. It was initially reported it could happen as soon as June 22.

Thanks for checking this out. And yep - I have the same info that you just posted. Darn...

Going thru oldies - anyone hearing anything on either of these 2?

TIA!
Moose And Christmas Balls Smiley

Happy New Year Smiley

Anyone hear anything new on these guys?

Ryan:

Bo:
and
Houston County #2019CR053334-1 thru -12 = that is the rape & kidnapping of the 2 ladies on New Year's eve 2019.

Happy New Year!

Just curious, can Georgia just charge in another County when they get through with these charges? Seems like double charging to me?

Happy New Year!

Just curious, can Georgia just charge in another County when they get through with these charges? Seems like double charging to me?

As I understand it - on Ryan - he was not charged earlier with these new charges against him.
which are in Ben Hill County:
with concealing the death of another, hindering apprehension or punishment of a criminal, 2 counts of concealment of facts & 2 counts of tampering with evidence & lying.

in Wilcox county for Tara's death:
2 counts of felony murder & 1 count of malice murder, aggravated assault, burglary & concealing death of another.

The only thing double I see is the concealing the death of another. So not sure how that works.

On Bo - you are right - almost the same charges:
Wilcox County
with concealing a death, hindering the apprehension of a criminal & giving false statements.

This ^^ is where he got 25 years.

in Ben Hill County
with hindering the apprehension or punishment of a criminal, concealing death of another & tampering with evidence.

Maybe a lawyer on here can explain "how" they can charge him/them when they were already found guilty in another County.

Thank you. Georgia has some odd laws. Charging someone with more than one count of murder for one murder. I get lost sometimes trying to figure them out. I always will think Bo did the murder, but no one seemed intent on proving that.

I can not access this article that I got in my alerts.

Is it this case for Dukes?

indicted (6/1/22) with hindering the apprehension or punishment of a criminal, concealing death of another & tampering with evidence. Ben Hill County #17CR-189

TIA if anyone can help! :)

I was able to open that article. It is Bo Dukes lawyer asking for charges to be dropped. "
They argue that the statute of limitations has passed and it's too late to try Dukes.
A hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday in Ben Hill Superior Court before Judge Robert Chasteen."

I was able to open that article. It is Bo Dukes lawyer asking for charges to be dropped. "
They argue that the statute of limitations has passed and it's too late to try Dukes.
A hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday in Ben Hill Superior Court before Judge Robert Chasteen."

Thank you! :)

Tuesday, February 7th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) - GA - Tara Faye Grinstead (29) (Oct. 22, 2005, Ocilla) - *Bo Dukes (21 @ time of crime/38) indicted (6/1/22) with hindering the apprehension or punishment of a criminal, concealing death of another & tampering with evidence. Ben Hill County
Trial was set to begin on 6/22/22 has been continued to late September, but continued with no date announced.
6/1/22 Update: Indicted with hindering the apprehension or punishment of a criminal, concealing death of another & tampering with evidence. DA Brad Rigby says trial could start as early as 6/22/22, but more likely 6/27/22.
6/16/22 Update: Bo Dukes had his trial pushed back in Ben Hill County. The Ben Hill Court Clerk's office said the soonest the [Dukes] trial can begin is in late September. It was initially reported it could happen as soon as June 22.
9/9/22 Update: The trial in Ben Hill was set to take place this summer, but was continued the week before. At this time, a new trial date has not been announced.
1/31/23 Update: Dukes’ attorney wants charges thrown out. Appeared before Judge on Tuesday. They argue that the statute of limitations has passed & it's too late to try Dukes. A hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday, 2/7/23 in Ben Hill Superior Court before Judge Robert Chasteen.
*Bo Dukes: Found guilty (3/21/19) in Tara Grinstead case of hindering prosecution, concealing death of another & 2 counts making false statement & sentenced to 25 years. 10/22/20 Update: A hearing was set for 11/24/20, in Wilcox County for Dukes. The judge will consider Dukes' request for a new trial. 9/22/22 Update: Bo Dukes appealed his March 2019 conviction on Wilcox County charges for the death & disappearance of Grinstead. Dukes’ lawyers said the trial court should not have admitted his confessions & statements to investigators during the trial. In his appeal, Dukes’ lawyers also argued that his convictions should have been merged during sentencing. The court said they found no error in Dukes’ trial or sentencing & denied a new trial or change of his 25-year sentence. Maximum release date of 3/20/44. Wilcox County
*Ryan Alexander Duke - 5/20/22: The jury has found Duke not guilty on 2 counts of felony murder & 1 count of malice murder, aggravated assault & burglary. Guilty only on Count 6-Concealing a Death. Duke was sentenced on 5/23/22 to 10 years in prison, the maximum penalty under the law. Irwin County

Pending cases:
GA -2 ladies (Jan. 1, 2019, Houston County) - *Bo Dukes (34 @ time of crime/37/now 38) re-indicted (5/19/22) with 1 count of rape, 2 counts of aggravated sodomy, involving both women; 2 counts of kidnapping, 2 counts of aggravated assault with a dangerous weapon, 4 counts of possession of a firearm during commission of a felony & 1 count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Held without bond. Houston County
According to the indictment (5/19/22), Dukes pointed a Browning 20-gauge shotgun at both women & threatened to kill them; Dukes went missing after the New Year's Day incident & was arrested four days later at a relative's home in Irwin County. No trial date has been set for Dukes on either the Houston County case or the Ben Hill County charges.
1/6/19 Update: Made appearance before Judge charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment & possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Warner Robbins case. Held without bond. No further dates given. Dukes is currently in state custody & will eventually be turned over (1/9/19) to federal custody & will complete six months in federal prison, as part of his revoked supervised release. Houston County Warner Robins case on 1/1/20.
GA – 1 Lady (Jan. 19, 2017, Houston County) - *Bo Dukes (32 @ time of crime/34/now 38) indicted & charged (Oct, 2019) with 1 count of sexual assault rape. Houston County

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back