GA - Twins Ariel & Alaynah North, 16 mos, die in hot car, Carrollton, 4 Aug 2017

One article says the girls were preemies, too-- so they had a lot to endure in their short lives. Sad.

I wonder what factors in LE charging certain parents and not others?

ETA: Strike this comment. I see he has been drinking. .

AJC - Father accused of leaving twins in hot car to die appears in courtwww.ajc.com
Father accused of leaving twins in hot car to die appears in court
6c46e94f5b44f70084106aff3d6a46ee.png

Byline:
Family members say the father has struggled since the death of his own father.

His aunt stated he has struggled over the past 10 years to deal with the loss of his dad, particularly around this time of year (his dad's birthday). AN was the youngest son.
According to his aunt, AN's 1st court appearance fell on his dad's birthday. The reporter also mentioned AN has a child from a previous relationship. The next appearance is scheduled for 9/2. :

Image source:
Embedded video (undated) at link:

http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/father-accused-of-leaving-twins-in-hot-car-to-die/vDq3pX/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJC - Father accused of leaving twins in hot car to die appears in courtwww.ajc.com
Father accused of leaving twins in hot car to die appears in court
6c46e94f5b44f70084106aff3d6a46ee.png

Byline:
Family members say the father has struggled since the death of his own father.

His aunt stated he has struggled over the past 10 years to deal with the loss of his dad, particularly around this time of year (his dad's birthday). AN was the youngest son.
According to his aunt, AN's 1st court appearance fell on his dad's birthday. The reporter also mentioned AN has a child from a previous relationship. The next appearance is scheduled for 9/2. :

Image source:
Embedded video (undated) at link:

http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/father-accused-of-leaving-twins-in-hot-car-to-die/vDq3pX/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So because he struggles with the loss of his father he chooses to get drunk and then both of his daughters die. GMAB imo

I am so tired of peoples excuse's for killing people!!!!! moooo :cow:

It not only upsets me every time I see another child died by being left in a hot car. It makes me so angry! Are parents not listening to the news or reading the news; Do they just not care anymore? I know a lot of the world today is so self-centered around themselves. How can I help stop these Hot Car Deaths? I just think I need to do something to help.

I don't understand the mother. How can she defend him? ?

Those two babies look so cute, sooo sweet! I would be so mad at that !

And he doesn't look sad at all in his smug mugshot. He looks very arrogant to me.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/fox5atl?src=hash

RIP little angels!

Apparently, Asa North was drinking heavily with his cousin, Travis North.

Police: Father was intoxicated when twins died in hot car

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/police-father-was-intoxicated-when-twins-died-in-hot-car/288333629

http://www.**************/3388797/a...-in-hot-car-deaths-of-his-15-month-old-twins/

BBM

The whole situation is infuriating. I hope he enjoyed his drinking binge-- it's the last one he'll have for a long while. I think he will get prison time for this. The autopsies will tell how long the girls were dead, and his blood alcohol level will fill in a lot of blanks, because no matter what it was when they took it, it was a heckuva lot higher while those girls were baking to death in that car.

Worse yet, the mother of the girls is DEFENDING him-- "he made a mistake."

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/185487724-story

A mistake??? Getting so drunk you FORGET about your TWIN BABY DAUGHTERS in a hot car, strapped in their car seats, is not a "mistake". Choosing to get so drunk that he forgot about his daughters, fell asleep, or passed out, is an "ON PURPOSE" act. Not a "mistake". GRRRR.

Wish they could put in a car unable to get out...at first I thought perhaps throw him in till he's sober--but after reflection he needs to be sober to experience that shell he put his kids thru.

The father continues to "struggle with the death of his father" ten years after his father's death? Sounds to me like an excuse for his drinking. It also sounds like his wife is awfully quick to make excuses for him.

The father continues to "struggle with the death of his father" ten years after his father's death? Sounds to me like an excuse for his drinking. It also sounds like his wife is awfully quick to make excuses for him.

I am local, my county is right smack between this case and the Cooper Harris case. It's been terribly hot and humid the past couple of months.
This guy, now that more facts have come out, has zero sympathy from me. If you have money to drink, then you have money to get a sober baby sitter for your kids.
Still not sure if he drove drunk with those little ones, but there was damage to the car, from what I read.

I have to wonder if the girls initially fell asleep in their car seats, and the men were "relieved" that they were quiet, finally, and they could do as they pleased while they slept.

Toddlers at 16 months old are usually very active, in perpetual motion, exploring everything, and very needing of constant supervision by an adult. At 16 months, they likely could walk, and were toddling all over the place. It takes an immense amount of supervision to watch TWO active toddlers.

How did the twins end up in the car all alone in the first place? Did the men take them out to eat, for example, and then they fell asleep strapped in their car seats, tired because they didn't have their usual naps?

I can't shake the sense that these men were somehow glad, or content, or relieved, that the busy toddlers (with mom far away at another crisis) had finally fallen asleep, and were "quiet", so they were free to binge drink between themselves and socialize. Then the men fell asleep, or passed out, and the fate of the girls was sealed. (JMO-- speculation on my part.)

Just a guess but they probably put the girls in the car and went to purchase alcohol. Then on the return trip carried in the booze from the car and forgot about the kids.

Interview with the mother, who is still in Atlanta with her sister, who was in a bad car accident.

This poor mother is just absolutely devastated. Despite what was printed in earlier articles that sounded like she was making excuses for Asa North, in this interview it's clear she isn't. She made a couple comments "I don't care about him right now", she said she still doesn't know why their father had them in the car, or where he needed to take them.

Article says North didn't remember the girls were in the car "until 6:30 in the evening after baking in the car all day" (but no mention of how long they were in there.) Mother Breal Ellis says "he has to pay for his mistake. He's living, and my girls aren't."

Last time Breal Ellis saw her girls was "that morning". So it appears Asa North wasn't responsible for them overnight. The car that is shown in the video clip is a red Nissan Rogue-- looks very new, less than 3 years old, I'd estimate.

I may be wrong, but from the way Breal Ellis talked about Asa North, I got the sense that he doesn't live in the same home with her and the girls.

The reporter also may have made some errors-- initially he refers to one "baby", and he says she left the girls in the care of "her father" (referring to Breal Ellis).

Anyway, my sense is she called AN and asked him to come and watch the girls while she went to Atlanta Grady Hospital to visit her sister, and he arrived in the morning. The girls were discovered in the car at 6:30 pm. (and were almost certainly dead at the time of discovery).

So the question is, did AN actually go anywhere with the girls in that Nissan Rogue? Or did he or someone else put the girls in the car in the parking lot?

I think Cubby's idea that maybe North and his cousin made a liquor store run for alcohol, is a likely scenario. If they did do that, there will be a sale record and a video security camera that will document that. From the looks of the apartment complex in the video, with a shared parking lot, I'd be very surprised if there isn't video surveillance that can be reviewed there, too, to see when that car arrived and departed, when the girls were put in, etc.

http://www.wtvm.com/clip/12645594/m...n-hot-car-they-didnt-deserve-to-die-like-that

http://www.wtvm.com/story/32702787/carroll-county-twins-hot-car-death-mother

I try so hard to stay away from these cases as they make me absolutely nauseous and infuriated. After following the Cooper Harris thread and reading how miserable and painful a "hot car seat" death is, I agree that these parents should experience exactly what these poor, defenseless children and babies go thru when they are strapped in these seats and slowly baked to death.

I try so hard to stay away from these cases as they make me absolutely nauseous and infuriated. After following the Cooper Harris thread and reading how miserable and painful a "hot car seat" death is, I agree that these parents should experience exactly what these poor, defenseless children and babies go thru when they are strapped in these seats and slowly baked to death.

I don't like how these cases make me feel (revenge is not my style).

I would be pleased if this *** was locked in a car on an 80 degree day. Not a hot day where it happens fast, but one where he gets to think about what he did, before he dies.

Just a guess but they probably put the girls in the car and went to purchase alcohol. Then on the return trip carried in the booze from the car and forgot about the kids.

I think you ar probably right about the alcohol run. The girls probably fell asleep, and the decided to let them sleep for awhile, so he could start partying with his friend. :mad:

Interview with the mother, who is still in Atlanta with her sister, who was in a bad car accident.

This poor mother is just absolutely devastated. Despite what was printed in earlier articles that sounded like she was making excuses for Asa North, in this interview it's clear she isn't. She made a couple comments "I don't care about him right now", she said she still doesn't know why their father had them in the car, or where he needed to take them.

Article says North didn't remember the girls were in the car "until 6:30 in the evening after baking in the car all day" (but no mention of how long they were in there.) Mother Breal Ellis says "he has to pay for his mistake. He's living, and my girls aren't."

Last time Breal Ellis saw her girls was "that morning". So it appears Asa North wasn't responsible for them overnight. The car that is shown in the video clip is a red Nissan Rogue-- looks very new, less than 3 years old, I'd estimate.

I may be wrong, but from the way Breal Ellis talked about Asa North, I got the sense that he doesn't live in the same home with her and the girls.

The reporter also may have made some errors-- initially he refers to one "baby", and he says she left the girls in the care of "her father" (referring to Breal Ellis).

Anyway, my sense is she called AN and asked him to come and watch the girls while she went to Atlanta Grady Hospital to visit her sister, and he arrived in the morning. The girls were discovered in the car at 6:30 pm. (and were almost certainly dead at the time of discovery).

So the question is, did AN actually go anywhere with the girls in that Nissan Rogue? Or did he or someone else put the girls in the car in the parking lot?

I think Cubby's idea that maybe North and his cousin made a liquor store run for alcohol, is a likely scenario. If they did do that, there will be a sale record and a video security camera that will document that. From the looks of the apartment complex in the video, with a shared parking lot, I'd be very surprised if there isn't video surveillance that can be reviewed there, too, to see when that car arrived and departed, when the girls were put in, etc.

http://www.wtvm.com/clip/12645594/m...n-hot-car-they-didnt-deserve-to-die-like-that

http://www.wtvm.com/story/32702787/carroll-county-twins-hot-car-death-mother

That mother has to be in total shock, and understandably so. I can't imagine how utterly devastated she must feel at the abrupt and inexplicably needless loss of her babies. Especially given her initial shock, perhaps it is too much to expect her to be able to discard her husband as well. She deserves nothing but sympathy, IMO.

August 9, 2016
4:54 PM EDT

Tyler Perry Offers to Pay for Funeral of Twin Girls Left

Actor and director Tyler Perry has offered to pay the funeral expenses for the 15-month-old twin girls who died last week after being left in a hot car in Carrollton, Georgia, ABC News has confirmed.

Ariel and Alaynah North died Aug. 4 after they were reportedly left alone inside their father's car. The father, Asa North, was arrested the following day and charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of reckless conduct, Chris Dobbs of the Carrollton Police Department told ABC News. North has not yet entered a plea.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....in-girls-left/story?id=41243872?client=safari

That mother has to be in total shock, and understandably so. I can't imagine how utterly devastated she must feel at the abrupt and inexplicably needless loss of her babies. Especially given her initial shock, perhaps it is too much to expect her to be able to discard her husband as well. She deserves nothing but sympathy, IMO.

I don't think Asa North is Breal Ellis' husband. He's the father of Ariel and Alaynah. I get the sense from many articles that they're not "together", except for their shared responsibility to the girls. JMO.

And I agree, She deserves nothing but sympathy and compassion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back