GA - Twins Ariel & Alaynah North, 16 mos, die in hot car, Carrollton, 4 Aug 2017

Mom of twins in hot SUV speaks | www.myajc.com
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/mom-of-twins-left-in-hot-suv-i-feel-like-god-neede/nsDP7/

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the day, Ellis checked in with North to ask about the girls. North, 24, told her they were fine. But in reality, Ariel and Alaynah had somehow slipped North’s mind, and he left them in their car seats in the backseat of his Nissan Rogue, according to Carrollton police. By the time North found the girls, it was too late to save them.

I think the charges will be upgraded to second degree murder. They will have cell phone evidence of these calls.

Police and the district attorney have said those charges could be upgraded to second-degree murder depending on findings in the investigation, such as toxicology tests on North.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/police-await-toxicology-report-on-father-in-hot-ca/nsCwy/

Though it’s been a Georgia law for more than two years now, the second-degree murder charge has only been used a handful of times. But it will be considered in the case of 15-month-old Carroll County twins who died after being left in a hot SUV, Coweta Circuit District Attorney Pete Skandalakis said Monday.

“The key there is criminal negligence,” Skandalakis told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “You’re also looking at the intent.”

It not only upsets me every time I see another child died by being left in a hot car. It makes me so angry! Are parents not listening to the news or reading the news; Do they just not care anymore? I know a lot of the world today is so self-centered around themselves. How can I help stop these Hot Car Deaths? I just think I need to do something to help.
I don't understand why they even need to hear about car deaths in order to be sure they get the kids out of the car. Surely their main priority and focus are the children in their care? It seems unfortunately, not.

I don't understand the mother. How can she defend him? ?

Those two babies look so cute, sooo sweet! I would be so mad at that !

And he doesn't look sad at all in his smug mugshot. He looks very arrogant to me.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/fox5atl?src=hash

RIP little angels!
I'm way behind, but it's very possible that if he's had some drinking issues (which this situation suggests), she may have been in severe denial in order to survive with him day-to-day. Often these relationships can become codependent as well. I can believe that she was in shock. And if you just lost your babies, in that moment, a guilty husband feels like another loss. Down the road, she may start to feel differently.

I'm so, so angry! How do you forget, not one, but TWO babies? I can believe they fell asleep. It's pretty common when they're active. Especially when it's hot outside. But TWO babies?? I'm so mad.

ETA - and this mom lost her 19 day old infant, before the twins. :( She's been through so much loss. My heart breaks for her. I really hope her sister turns out ok.

I'm so, so angry! How do you forget, not one, but TWO babies? I can believe they fell asleep. It's pretty common when they're active. Especially when it's hot outside. But TWO babies?? I'm so mad.

ETA - and this mom lost her 19 day old infant, before the twins. :( She's been through so much loss. My heart breaks for her. I really hope her sister turns out ok.

Especially considering mother called him and asked him how the children were doing.

Yes it will be interesting to find out when toddlers were left in car and when mom placed phone call. Father is now being charged with marijuana possession--what are the odds he also smoking as well as drinking alcohol.

He didn't forget them. He voluntary put himself into an altered state, completely ignoring his responsibilities. This is probably not the only day during the past month or past week he has done so. <modsnip>

From Sep/Oct 2018: this article sounds to me the trial happened July this year.

Attorney accused of being 'woefully unprepared' for double murder case

It would take the jury a little more than an hour to find North guilty of two counts of second-degree murder and cruelty to children. He faces 60 years in prison.

The family has hired another attorney, Gary Bunch, to argue for a new trial.

All about the trial and why he wants a new one at link.

I just now saw on the news , a bit of a backstory. It is very sad. The mother of the twin girls, had to go see her sister an hour away in a hospital, after her sister had been in a serious car accident. While the mother was there, she got the call that her daughters had been in the hot car and were unconscious. So tragic to get that horrible call.

The neighbors heard the father screaming out for help, as he found the babies in the hot car. I don't know what time it was, or how long it had been. But they tried reviving the babies in a kiddie pool with ice packs. So they may have had pulse rates still at that time?

I feel very sorry for the father because I think this may have been an unusual situation. And a stressful one. So Dad might have been very distracted and may not have been the usual routine schedule for him.

Parents REALLY need to use the Teddy Bear system, or the wallet in the back seat system, or SOMETHING, to prevent these tragic, needless deaths. :rose: :rose:

My precious granddaughter is 15 months old. I cannot imagine the sorrow and grief that this mom must be feeling to lose two precious girls so suddenly like this.
OT but I keep seeing the words rose:rose:
Excuse my ignorance but what is the significance of the words displayed?

RIP beautiful Twinnies - as a twin myself and the mum of twins, I cannot imagine the heartbreak of it happening to one child, never mind two. God bless and sleep tight x

that's the problem, there's nothing WE can do. either parents want to let their kids die or they don't. it doesn't take a village to leave a child in a hot car, it takes a parent that's looking for a murder method that they very well MIGHT get away with. seems like lots more men than women pull this.
I don’t think your choice of words is applicable to all or most of these cases - “either parents want to let their kids die or they don’t “....
I really do not believe that in the majority of these cases that the parent (s) wanted their child to die .
MOO

Awww. That is very sad. He probably drove them home while drunk too. What a . I take back my concern for him and shower the poor grieving mom with it instead. :candle:
Yes I too take back any concern that I had for him that this may have been a tragic accident. Although I’m sure he didn’t wake up that day wanting his kids to die ( using the words of a previous WS poster ), he certainly is no longer an innocent party to their death if he was voluntarily intoxicated . Sad sad sad day for the Mum and I hope since this occurred ( 2 years ago now ) that she has found the strength to get through her grief.

OT but I keep seeing the words rose:rose:
Excuse my ignorance but what is the significance of the words displayed?

These words (and others) come from the old WS software where we had many smileys and emoticons to use. The new software did not bring over the pictures, only the code. For example, :rose: was a little picture of a rose.

These words (and others) come from the old WS software where we had many smileys and emoticons to use. The new software did not bring over the pictures, only the code. For example, :rose: was a little picture of a rose.
Thankyou

Father tested positive for alcohol and marijuana. His first attorney is possibly facing disbarment for the way she handled his case. From 9/2019.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back