gaps in timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Thinking outloud here.)

So...DB gets a ride to the store and purchases a box of wine. This occurs some time around 5 pm. She tells us that prior to putting Lisa down for the night, she bathed and dressed the baby. She tells us Lisa went to sleep around 7:30. If the information we heard on Judge Jeanine last night is accurate, at some point in time, DB and her neighbor drink some wine out on the porch. And DB also tells us that the boys and the daughter of the neighbor watch a "fairytale" video. So...does the wine drinking and video watching occur before, during, or after Lisa is put down to sleep?

From 5pm until 7:30 pm is only 2 1/2 hours. Was dinner prepared for the boys that night? What about Jeremy? According to DB, Lisa was fed, bathed, changed and put to bed (which must take a bit of time, right?) prior to 7:30.

From 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm is a 3 hour time frame. Now, according to DB, the neighbor was gone when she went to bed at 10:30. Of course, we don't know what time the neighbor actually left, so this could have been any time between 7:30 and 10:30. But DB also says she was on the computer for some undetermined length of time. I'd assume the neighbor was gone by the time DB did her computering.

When were the boys actually put to bed? If we believe DB, she put one of the boys in bed with her because she liked to have that bonding time when she was able. I'm assuming that means the boy wasn't already asleep when DB came to bed. So, was she IN bed prior to 10:30? If so...that sure doesn't seem like alot of time between 7:30 and some time before 10:30 for chatting, wine drinking, video watching, computering and child bonding time.

(Thinking outloud here.)

So...DB gets a ride to the store and purchases a box of wine. This occurs some time around 5 pm. She tells us that prior to putting Lisa down for the night, she bathed and dressed the baby. She tells us Lisa went to sleep around 7:30. If the information we heard on Judge Jeanine last night is accurate, at some point in time, DB and her neighbor drink some wine out on the porch. And DB also tells us that the boys and the daughter of the neighbor watch a "fairytale" video. So...does the wine drinking and video watching occur before, during, or after Lisa is put down to sleep?

From 5pm until 7:30 pm is only 2 1/2 hours. Was dinner prepared for the boys that night? What about Jeremy? According to DB, Lisa was fed, bathed, changed and put to bed (which must take a bit of time, right?) prior to 7:30.

From 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm is a 3 hour time frame. Now, according to DB, the neighbor was gone when she went to bed at 10:30. Of course, we don't know what time the neighbor actually left, so this could have been any time between 7:30 and 10:30. But DB also says she was on the computer for some undetermined length of time. I'd assume the neighbor was gone by the time DB did her computering.

When were the boys actually put to bed? If we believe DB, she put one of the boys in bed with her because she liked to have that bonding time when she was able. I'm assuming that means the boy wasn't already asleep when DB came to bed. So, was she IN bed prior to 10:30? If so...that sure doesn't seem like alot of time between 7:30 and some time before 10:30 for chatting, wine drinking, video watching, computering and child bonding time.

Again, they've done another interview, but not really told us much about that day/night. Why are they so vague? He doesn't explain much about the events of his evening related to work, and times. She doesn't tell us much about her interactions with the kids at home. She talks about it very abstractly, IMO. She keeps telling us what she normally does, and what she likes to do.

Again, they've done another interview, but not really told us much about that day/night. Why are they so vague? He doesn't explain much about the events of his evening related to work, and times. She doesn't tell us much about her interactions with the kids at home. She talks about it very abstractly, IMO. She keeps telling us what she normally does, and what she likes to do.
JMO - Maybe it was just a regular day, nothing stood out, until they discovered Lisa missing. Other than JI working a new shift overnight instead of day shift it may have been a typical routine day + evening. I could tell you what normally goes on here at typical times, but I might not be sure we did exactly that yesterday, especially if it all faded to black with the only thing I could think about being - where is Lisa? I'd be hard pressed to give a flying squirt what time I ate dinner for example. No offense intended to anyone, just trying to imagine what my thought process might be. Of course one never knows til they walk a mile in those shoes, so it's just my speculation + MOO.

My partner is an electrician and has occasionally worked overnight. A lot of the time it will be an irregular length shift because it is to do a particular job whilst something is shut down, special access required, whatever. So a short or long shift is not unusual - occasionally he has worked several predictable shifts overnight but by far the majority are based on the individual job. Just wanted to add that due to all the speculation about what kind of shift Lisa's father may have had, since to my knowledge it's not been reported on.

Was this his first night on the job? Or just the first night that he worked at night on this job?

Very first day at work is usually pretty memorable, as opposed to just another day at work, right?

Someone mentioned in another thread that the reason he may have forgotten that his work cell phone was in his pocket, was that it was his first day. Was it?

JMO - Maybe it was just a regular day, nothing stood out, until they discovered Lisa missing. Other than JI working a new shift overnight instead of day shift it may have been a typical routine day + evening. I could tell you what normally goes on here at typical times, but I might not be sure we did exactly that yesterday, especially if it all faded to black with the only thing I could think about being - where is Lisa? I'd be hard pressed to give a flying squirt what time I ate dinner for example. No offense intended to anyone, just trying to imagine what my thought process might be. Of course one never knows til they walk a mile in those shoes, so it's just my speculation + MOO.

I agree that the night may just be a blur for many reasons. I wonder if she had a bit too much too drink. That would explain the lack of being able to recall any details, forgetting things, not hearing/being aware of anything after the neighbor leaves.

BBM: She's not mentioned dinner at all, right? She doesn't mention preparing, or even if dinner occurred.

I wish we knew more about the family's activities the weekend prior to Lisa's disappearance. I know there was a birthday party for one of the boys - that, in itself, leads to many questions about the timeline. What time was the party? How many people were there? Was it mostly a children's party, or were there adults, too? Was alcohol consumed? When did the party end? How much clean-up was needed? Did Deborah clean up afterwards? Did Jeremy or anyone else help? What time did the family get up on Monday morning? When did the boys leave for school? Do they walk, ride the bus, or are they driven to school?

I'd like more information about what transpired on Sunday because there might be something significant that timeline. jmo

I wish we knew more about the family's activities the weekend prior to Lisa's disappearance. I know there was a birthday party for one of the boys - that, in itself, leads to many questions about the timeline. What time was the party? How many people were there? Was it mostly a children's party, or were there adults, too? Was alcohol consumed? When did the party end? How much clean-up was needed? Did Deborah clean up afterwards? Did Jeremy or anyone else help? What time did the family get up on Monday morning? When did the boys leave for school? Do they walk, ride the bus, or are they driven to school?

I'd like more information about what transpired on Sunday because there might be something significant that timeline. jmo

Boys were off of school that day. It was staff development day.

Exactly, Tuffy! She tells us she doesn't normally leave a window open, but never tells us why she did have the window open on this particular night, or why she left it open when she went to bed. She says she usually locks the door when she goes to bed, but doesn't recall if she locked the door this particular night? If she USUALLY does that, what makes her unsure if she did it this night? The two things she does answer with certainty is that she turned all the lights off when she went to bed, and that the cell phones were on the counter. Pretty convenient that a kidnapper doesn't have to search the house for phones...they are right there for the taking. ALL of them. Pretty interesting that she recalls turning off all the lights before going to bed, when by her own statements, this is one of the first questions Jeremy asks her when he wakes her up. Also interesting that, from statements made by both Jeremy and Debbie, it's a somewhat usual thing for the kids to sleep in the parent's room (recall that Jeremy and Debbie both say he asked about the boy being in the bed). And yet, we hear Jeremy say that one of the first things they did was check on the boys. Ummm...huh? If one boy is in bed with Mom, then you don't have to check on him, right?

I know this has been asked over and over but I never did see an answer...did they have a landline in their house???

I agree that the night may just be a blur for many reasons. I wonder if she had a bit too much too drink. That would explain the lack of being able to recall any details, forgetting things, not hearing/being aware of anything after the neighbor leaves.

BBM: She's not mentioned dinner at all, right? She doesn't mention preparing, or even if dinner occurred.
I've been waiting on the whole wine thing because I really don't know how much she had to drink, how often she drank, etc. + I wouldn't see any big fuss over it unless it was something over the top, raging party or heavy nightly drinking as opposed to a glass or two of wine after dinner to unwind while the kids watched a movie or after they were tucked in for the night. KWIM? Anyway...

I've seen no mention of dinner whatsoever, but I miss bits + pieces + rely on all you folks at WS to keep me informed. ;)

Something odd I just realized:

According to Jeremy, he was alerted to something being amiss by the fact that the lights were on, the door was unlocked, and the computer room window was open (with screen tampered with). He then goes into the bedroom, wakes up Debbie, asks why the lights are on, door is open, etc. etc. He then asks Debbie where Lisa is, and accordng to Debbie, she says, "In her crib. What are you talking about?".

But in another interview, the story both parents give is that they checked on the boys, then went to check on Lisa and she was missing.

WTH?! Is my memory bad...am I not recalling what the parent's have said correctly?! Both of these statements can't be true!!

Something odd I just realized:

According to Jeremy, he was alerted to something being amiss by the fact that the lights were on, the door was unlocked, and the computer room window was open (with screen tampered with). He then goes into the bedroom, wakes up Debbie, asks why the lights are on, door is open, etc. etc. He then asks Debbie where Lisa is, and accordng to Debbie, she says, "In her crib. What are you talking about?".

But in another interview, the story both parents give is that they checked on the boys, then went to check on Lisa and she was missing.

WTH?! Is my memory bad...am I not recalling what the parent's have said correctly?! Both of these statements can't be true!!

They check on the boys first or they checked on Lisa first?

I'm confused.

"Then I started checking on the kids. I checked on the boys first, and then we checked on her, that's when we realized she was gone."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lmy0Q5U_k"]Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube[/ame]

But I swear, in an interview I heard DB say that when jeremy woke her up, he asked her where was Lisa and she said, "In her crib. What are you talking about."

Am I CRAZY?! I KNOW I heard that!!

"Then I started checking on the kids. I checked on the boys first, and then we checked on her, that's when we realized she was gone."

Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube

But I swear, in an interview I heard DB say that when jeremy woke her up, he asked her where was Lisa and she said, "In her crib. What are you talking about."

Why is her face not all red from crying?

If That was me My face would be red from crying and I would be wailing so hard I would not be able to hear myself talk.

and tears would be streaming down my face.

I know this has been asked over and over but I never did see an answer...did they have a landline in their house???

Please take with a box of salt ... It was discussed "somewhere" here + towards the end, stated that, yes they did have a landline. However I don't remember where or have a link.

JMO - It made me wonder why there was any delay on 911 until JI found his work cell, on his person. Why not use the landline, if there was one? So, I'm not so sure. How's that for wishy washy? :D

MOO - As far as checking on the kids... Putting the bits together, it sounded to me like - JI came in, went to shut window, discovered bent screen, went to check on boys first (maybe he found only the one in his room), went to the master bedroom, saw 2nd boy, asked about Lisa (because maybe he saw the open door on the way), then they went together to find the empty crib. I "assumed" he might have "assumed" both the one boy + Lisa were going to be in bed with DB when he found an empty bed + open door, maybe without even looking in the crib - knowing she'd had a cough / cold, DB liked to snuggle with the kids + it was his first night away from home.

Does anyone have a link to the interview of JI and DB where the grandparents are standing behind them?

Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube

No, you are not crazy. The interviews are confusing with regard to the exact sequence of events that led to them calling 911. The father also said he checked on the boys first but we know one of the boys was with mother so how could he have checked on the boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500