Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

Hi Guys...Lost my live feed on my Droid...Until I picked it back up at lunch recess. I called WCTV and asked them if they were going to put the entire day on their website, like TV stations do on Caylee Anthony. They said at this time No. This is their first time doing a live feed...so everyting is new to them too.

I also told them that we were having trouble hearing Suber....He said that she would not mic up....After all she is Hilton's Lawyer.

TTYL

Well now I know why I can't hear her. Maybe it best because she rambles

when questioning the hunter that found the body, the defense attorney asked if he saw a black truck in the area before. the witness answered that he had. that was it, no redirect and the witness was released.

i would think that the prosecution would want to index that answer as to relevance so as to derail the defense, but it was allowed to pass for now.

defense seems to "heckle" every witness for the prosecution, i don't know how wise that is. the jury are composed of people from that area, the witnesses seem to be plain honest folks that are honestly testifying.

I do like the feed they have. Some of the other types used by other stations have to be clicked on every few minutes to keep them going. This one used by WCTV remains on. Sweet!

thank god the defense attorney didn't ask ferguson many questions. wow that was hysterical

Ferguson is cracking me up.

I loved Mr Ferguson. I have a new word for jeep-trails in the woods... Whoopie-doo roads. Isn't that what he called them?
To watchers from other areas: Mr F came across to me as a great fellow, humble, honest, hard-working, loves his family & minds his own business. Perhaps he seemed unpolished & plain-spoken, admitted to being nervous, wouldn't have chosen to be in the spotlight, but respectful of the system & his civic duty. I assure you, he is a good example of many of the good folks who live in Waukulla County & the surrounding area. He may not have college degrees (or maybe he does) but I would choose him as a friend... a real character in the best sense of the expression!

Jennifer Portman tweets:
*Says Hilton's jumper cables "looked like they came out of a Cracker Jack box."
*Courtroom chuckling about Ferguson's description of Hilton's pants a "Yankee britches."

I DO wish the Defense Atty would mic up.

I would like to be able to hear the objections and reasoning for them.

ferguson was an "ironclad" witness. absolute, no ambiguity. i'm not sure i quite understand what a yankeeman looks like? but he was a fabulous witness for the prosecution.

Jury dismissed. Good progress 1st day. 17 witnesses. Case resumes Monday @10.

I like this judge!

ferguson was an "ironclad" witness. absolute, no ambiguity. i'm not sure i quite understand what a yankeeman looks like? but he was a fabulous witness for the prosecution.

I'm not sure but I think Ferguson could tell Hilton wasn't from around there. I loved when he told Suber she was getting off track. I think he was a great witness.

"Yankee Britches" = BDU's?

Like we wear in SAR, the ones with all the pockets and the drawstrings at the bottom? Similar to Camo's/fatigues.

I think...

i suppose monday they will establish the relevance of all the evidence submitted in the last 45 minutes of the trial today.

the live feed was excellent. although a few times the prosecuting attorney couldn't be heard. i missed the introduction of the tire and the defense objection.

I am particularly interested in any evidence introduced that might make a criss-cross pattern similar to chain link fence (for my own reasons). I am also interested in any stun guns, wax bullets, rubber bullets or similar devices if they are introduced.

If I do not make it back here on Monday to watch the trial and anything like I have described is introduced I would be truly grateful if someone could/would get a screen shot and/or the evidence/exhibit numbers :) :)

Thanks,
Dsn

my office was a mad-house today, i kept the sound on but was unable to concentrate on much of the testimony. did anyone hear the defense objection to the tire section taken from cheryl dunlaps car?

it seems to me that prosecution is laying out the case as follows, that ms dunlap was reading a red book on a bench at the leon sinks. the man and wife that witnessed her there seemed credible. and upon reading about the missing person and seeing her picture in the media, they realized that it was her, they went back to leon sinks to look into the clear water sink holes to see if she might have fallen in somehow and didn't find her, but they found the red book by the roadside and immediately notified law enforcement, i assume they recovered the book and can tie it to ms dunlap but i don't think they have presented it as evidence yet.

next they found her car on the side of the road. and had a witness that first identified someone else, but corrected their testimony to be that they witnessed gary hilton at the car doing something on the opposite side as they drove by when traffic was backed up.

please someone take it from here and fill in the blanks, for after that part i missed much of the testimony.

Sorry Storm,

I missed much of the same parts you did :(

Wish I could help.

no prob dntslp, i will try to capture any evidence that touches what you are requesting on monday. i guess i'm trying to initiate a brainstorm session with people like you and nosez, native, firefox, sally, and anyone else that has been following hilton.

it seems we see a lot of evil on websleuths. but i believe hilton has been doing this for more than 30 years.

perhaps someday you can reveal why you are interested in those items in hiltons trial. i would be interested in seeing the evidence collected from him by the fbi and held.

I agree with you Stormsailor.
I think he grew worse as time went on and these were not the first but were the ones he caught for.

I decided to catch the trial online instead of trampling around in rainy/icky weather today. For those who missed some of the testimony, Jennifer Portman's (Tallahassee Democrat writer) Tweets give a good synopsis of the day: http://twitter.com/JMPortman

IF anyone has a specific question, post it here & perhaps I or another of those who caught most of the testimony can help.

dsntslp, I also think it's probable GMH had killed many times before & had graduated to torture/kill. The large geographical range he covered prevented his being caught earlier. If he would talk, I believe many crimes & missing cases could be solved.

stormsailor, I do not know any players in this case, but the Tallahassee area is 2nd home to me, TV & newspapers are local. The bizzare ATM photos hooked me. I read Atlanta papers, so followed Meridith's abduction & I also have connections to Brevard NC where GMH kidnapped & killed again.

DSN~ I am new to this site, but not to the case. GMH has a side effect from medications at this time..thats why he looks like he is chewing.Tardive dyskinesia is a difficult-to-treat form of dyskinesia (disorder resulting in involuntary, repetitive body movements) that can be tardive (having a slow or belated onset). It frequently appears after long-term or high-dose use of antipsychotic drugs.
I am in the medical profession but have not yet been verified by the web master. He has been doing this mouth movement since Monday, could of been beforehand, but I have not witnessed it until Monday.

big thanks for the jennifer portman tweet-link.

State says CD with Hilton for two days before he killed her, cutting off her head and hands then burning them in a fire pit in the woods

Dunlap's hiking boots and a sleeping bag with her blood on it found in Dumpsters left by GMH when he was caught for another killing.

we had a list of evidence found in the van and dumpster when hilton was arrested in atlanta. i believe this must have been found in the dumpsters behind the 'huddle house' near where meredith emerson's dog was found.

Suber said Hilton's hand-rolled cig could have been left at the campsite where Dunlap was found month's before.

Suber said there will be little hard evidence presented, mostly circumstantial.

this is a great source, would love to read a transcript of the openings, i'm going to google hunt, and will post it if i find it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back