Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

I am blown away abouy the lawyer ???Shirley and his wife. Knowing what I know about Cheryl, I would not really picture her sitting at Leon Sinks reading a book!!!That is a very isolated park. I have been there one time since it was made a park. (Hate to tell you guys this ...Those sinkholes were quite the party/swimming place in my younger years!!) But, i guess they saw her and recognized her. Did not carch the wife. Did she say much of the same as her husband?

DH was home at the closing when Suber was talking to the Judge...I missed a lot of that exchange. Who remembers what their exchange was all about?

If he took Cheryl in the parking lot of Leon Sinks...Then all he had to do was drive her car a little way down 319 South and then cut through the woods back to the parking lot.

I really don not think that Suber will actually put him on the stand..Unless he insists to get his 15 minutes of fame....LOL

I am wondering about the newspapers that were listed in the van inventory (I think). Wondering if the Gainesville Times was from Gainesville, Georgia or Gainesville, Florida?? Gotta do a little googleing!

my notes, if I had thought about sharing them beforehand, I would have been more detailed & neater too:

img058.jpg

img059.jpg

Thanks to all for the great links etc. I have no real thoughts at this time; have waited a long time for this trial, and am willing to wait a bit longer before I come up with any opinions....
But, I do not think that this guy was killing for 30 years. What would make him so lucky to have avoided being caught for all those years? I think he escalated as time went on...started with smaller crimes, perhaps harming people he knew...then later moved on to strangers. IMO

I decided to catch the trial online instead of trampling around in rainy/icky weather today. For those who missed some of the testimony, Jennifer Portman's (Tallahassee Democrat writer) Tweets give a good synopsis of the day: http://twitter.com/JMPortman

IF anyone has a specific question, post it here & perhaps I or another of those who caught most of the testimony can help.

dsntslp, I also think it's probable GMH had killed many times before & had graduated to torture/kill. The large geographical range he covered prevented his being caught earlier. If he would talk, I believe many crimes & missing cases could be solved.

stormsailor, I do not know any players in this case, but the Tallahassee area is 2nd home to me, TV & newspapers are local. The bizzare ATM photos hooked me. I read Atlanta papers, so followed Meridith's abduction & I also have connections to Brevard NC where GMH kidnapped & killed again.

Hey there...the # you gave me was incorrect.

noZme...

Thanks for the notes on the names of the witnesses. I knew a number of the people who were called today. I taught school in Crawfordville for 21+ years. I taught Cheryl's kids. She was really a wonderful person. I always enjoyed running into her and catching up on the boys and her life. It is really a shame that this took such lovely person's life.

REST IN PEACE...Cheryl Dunlap..a True Angel of God!!

Mustang Sally, I don't know my own number, will re-send.
I am sure the newspaper was the Gainesville (GA) Times ... evil likes to read about evil?

Thanks to all for the great links etc. I have no real thoughts at this time; have waited a long time for this trial, and am willing to wait a bit longer before I come up with any opinions....
But, I do not think that this guy was killing for 30 years. What would make him so lucky to have avoided being caught for all those years? I think he escalated as time went on...started with smaller crimes, perhaps harming people he knew...then later moved on to strangers. IMO

Are you watching the live feed? I haven't tried to keep up with jportman's tweets on TD0.

Hope you are doing ok...haven't seen you online in quite a while. Gotta get to bed DH...thinks I'm nuts with my crime shows and blogs! LOL

Are you watching the live feed? I haven't tried to keep up with jportman's tweets on TD0.

Hope you are doing ok...haven't seen you online in quite a while. Gotta get to bed DH...thinks I'm nuts with my crime shows and blogs! LOL

I have been doing fine, thanks, but am usually out during the day, so find it easier to get caught up with Twitter....during the first Petit murder trial in CT last year, I found that a good way to keep up ( that case was the first where reporters tweeted the whole trial, no courtroom cameras allowed)
I was online for that case, but have not been following much else.

Yes, many think we are odd to follow these cases, but I feel that it is most important that the victims not be forgotten.

Hello! I'm new to the board but have been keeping up with this case for awhile as well. I may be relying on you guys for information during the upcoming weeks since I usually don't have internet access during the day.

Does anyone know if there will be a recording of the live stream available anywhere? TDO has the opening statements on their site today but that's it.

Hello! I'm new to the board but have been keeping up with this case for awhile as well. I may be relying on you guys for information during the upcoming weeks since I usually don't have internet access during the day.

Does anyone know if there will be a recording of the live stream available anywhere? TDO has the opening statements on their site today but that's it.

I am on 2 forums...Not sure what I posted in haste on both. I called WCTC.TV and asked them if they were going to save each day in it's complete form...much like Orlando News Outlets do on Caylee Anthony.

They told me that they do Not have the Bandwith to save everything...They will save and post the highlights of each day...POOH on them..LOL

Sally

I am not new but have not posted in quite some time. I have been subpoenaed because I knew GMH as a teenager in Miami. I don't know when I will be called but it will be sometime this month. It will be very difficult being in a court room and testifying, something I have never done and never expected to do in my life time. An eerie coincidence is that I graduated from FSU and I am a nurse. I live in Florida but not in the Tallahassee area. I can say this is causing many sleepless nights........

Mustang Sally - Thanks for checking wctv. I have sent a message to TDO asking about video or transcripts and I'll let you know what I find out.

There are several comments today on TDO about how difficult it is to understand Ms. Suber. Among the comments was this one by gabita which appears to be from Suber herself:

"First Amendment rights are wonderful because it allow all of you to speak without the fear of prosecution or attack by anyone. It also allows you to give advice when the advice is most needed. Thanks for the many suggestions. I will try my best to speak clearly, not slur my words, speak in coherently grammar perfect senteces so the witnesses can understand."

That is a pretty classy thing to do if it was her.

Scarrgot - I'm sorry you're feeling anxious about your situation. Just relax and you'll be fine. All you need to do is answer the questions to the best of your ability and that's it. It will be over before you know it! :)

I am not new but have not posted in quite some time. I have been subpoenaed because I knew GMH as a teenager in Miami. I don't know when I will be called but it will be sometime this month. It will be very difficult being in a court room and testifying, something I have never done and never expected to do in my life time. An eerie coincidence is that I graduated from FSU and I am a nurse. I live in Florida but not in the Tallahassee area. I can say this is causing many sleepless nights........

Wow your post blew me away...I am guessing that they are using you as a character witness. You better not mention that you have discussed this on a public forum!!!! That will really be frowned on by the Judge..

I knew Cheryl and she was a wonderful person who used her nursing skills very well. She had been on several nursing trips to Haiti and also helped with hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I too attended FSU and got my teaching degree there. I am an original Tallahassee Lassie, LOL

I understand that this has caused you many sleepless nights....Please feel free to PM me and I will give all the support that I can. I am thinking that we are close to the same age...I will be 62 this month.

Sally

I am sorry for the sleepless nights you are experiencing with this trial.Whatever you do, Do not let the courts know about you posting..I doubt you will but..from what I can tell, this judge will not play and accepts zero
excuses. Hes tough, but I feel he is fair.

Mustang Sally - Thanks for checking wctv. I have sent a message to TDO asking about video or transcripts and I'll let you know what I find out.

There are several comments today on TDO about how difficult it is to understand Ms. Suber. Among the comments was this one by gabita which appears to be from Suber herself:

"First Amendment rights are wonderful because it allow all of you to speak without the fear of prosecution or attack by anyone. It also allows you to give advice when the advice is most needed. Thanks for the many suggestions. I will try my best to speak clearly, not slur my words, speak in coherently grammar perfect senteces so the witnesses can understand."

That is a pretty classy thing to do if it was her.

Scarrgot - I'm sorry you're feeling anxious about your situation. Just relax and you'll be fine. All you need to do is answer the questions to the best of your ability and that's it. It will be over before you know it! :)

For me it's not Suber's accent. I have to strain to hear her and she seems to ramble/ JMO

I understand what you're saying McDraw. I had a hard time figuring out what her questions were. And I have no idea why she spent so much time trying to establish whether or not Hilton was talking to his dog.:waitasec:

Anyway, as far as sound is concerned, I hooked up a pair of headphones to my PC and that helped some.

Hi Again...Don't know if you are still reading....But I live in Tallahassee and will be glad to give you some pointers if you get called. Just pm me and I will give you my cell phone number. I feel fairly safe on here with the messages. I would just ask that you delete the message with my number. Mod's don't really like us to talk about pm's because it is like whispering to a friend in front of a group of people.. KWIM

I have never been in a courtroom to testify...but I do get called on by the Family Court Judge to talk about my Guardian Ad Litem clients. The courtroom that the trial is being held in is 3A...I was in that same courtroom for two days (in January) with my 13yo client and he was facing the Division of Juvenile Justice Judge. It is easy to find and VERY small. So there should not be a lot of people. Your biggest problem will be finding a parking place in Tally. The public lots fill up fairly quickly.

Just wondering of you have given a deposition to Suber or the SA Willie Meggs...Or even Both. If you do not feel comfortable answering that then just ignore. My point is that I am wondering how long the expect this trial to last? Would your date of "This Month/February" be talking about the penalty phase...character witness for Hilton???KWIM

My advise is just to put your trust in God to lead you to say the right things when you are called upon to testify....hope that helps the sleepless nights!

Welcome to this thread!!!

I am sorry for the sleepless nights you are experiencing with this trial.Whatever you do, Do not let the courts know about you posting..I doubt you will but..from what I can tell, this judge will not play and accepts zero
excuses. Hes tough, but I feel he is fair.

Thanks for the advice. So what could they do to me even if they did find out I had posted? That being said, I will be quiet from now on.

SallY; I will try to figure out how and PM you.

big thanks for the jennifer portman tweet-link.

State says CD with Hilton for two days before he killed her, cutting off her head and hands then burning them in a fire pit in the woods

Dunlap's hiking boots and a sleeping bag with her blood on it found in Dumpsters left by GMH when he was caught for another killing.

we had a list of evidence found in the van and dumpster when hilton was arrested in atlanta. i believe this must have been found in the dumpsters behind the 'huddle house' near where meredith emerson's dog was found.

Suber said Hilton's hand-rolled cig could have been left at the campsite where Dunlap was found month's before.

Suber said there will be little hard evidence presented, mostly circumstantial.

this is a great source, would love to read a transcript of the openings, i'm going to google hunt, and will post it if i find it

Hi Stormsailor,

Regarding your remark:
"i believe this must have been found in the dumpsters behind the 'huddle house' near where meredith emerson's dog was found."

GMH stopped in Cumming, Georgia enroute to Atlanta (Chamblee) where he was caught.
The dumpster is located at a Quik Trip gas station in Cumming off of Exit 17 of Highway Georgia 400. This road is also called Keith Bridge Rd. It was in this dumpster that GMH threw away Meredith Emersons blood soaked clothing, her wallet and a piece of bloody seatbelt that had been cut out of his van.
Quik Trip
2830 Keith Bridge Rd
Cumming, Ga 30041

This gas station is where Meredith's dog, Ella either got away from him, or he let her out. Ella was found in the parking lot of a Kroger in the adjacent corner of the gas station.

The Huddle House is in Marble Hill, Ga. about 25-30 miles away from the Quik Trip in Cumming.

I know it is hard to keep all these places straight. I am having a hard time with the roads and places in Crawfordville/Tallahassee area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back