GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it easy to get a seat in the overflow room in court without lining up at the crack of dawn? I wouldn't get into the city til about 10.30 Monday. Also, what is the name of the court overflow room & is the address 415 George St?

In the middle of last night I woke up and remembered Fuller's words about how Allison was probably suffocated by GBC, and I felt certain that this is what happened. It suddenly seemed more real after hearing it spoken in a court of law like that.

I felt an enormous grief and fear and sense of loss for Allison whose life was crushed by such horror and evil.

Me too - and it occurs to me she may not have known at that point who her attacker was (e.g. if he started when she was asleep). It's awful to ponder what went through her head and if she sensed/felt/smelt it was him.

Me too - and it occurs to me she may not have known at that point who her attacker was (e.g. if he started when she was asleep). It's awful to ponder what went through her head and if she sensed/felt/smelt it was him.

Oh I hadn't thought of that - how horrendous ( not that the whole thing isn't )

Oh Possumheart, did you just realise this, darling.:floorlaugh:

Yes, but I mean really, seriously, malignantly wrong - my brother has schizophrenia and I remember the feeling i got in my stomach as I got to know him once he had been medicated after his first major psychosis. All the nice bits of his personality fell away to this shell which just was self consumed and black. Gerard reminds me of my brother, when first medicated. Reading about his behaviour inhabits my body in the same way.

If Gerard was medicated for schizophrenia, would this be kept from us?

Is it easy to get a seat in the overflow room in court without lining up at the crack of dawn? I wouldn't get into the city til about 10.30 Monday. Also, what is the name of the court overflow room & is the address 415 George St?

Snails - there were loads of spare seats in the big Banco courtroom (3rd level) and the screen is high - the resolution is not that great.... but better than nothing. It is freezing in that room.

I don't think you would have to line up at the crack of dawn but I think Monday will attract some enormous crowds. Todd Fuller is a pretty exciting speaker when he starts - (sorry atm he is definitely got my hero worship vote!) I think people will want to see what the jury has as their lasting impression of the case. And I for one would like to see how GBC reacts - will he sit stoically in the dock or will he pull out his overused hanky and dab gently and remorsefully at his eyes, invoking our sympathies.

Byrne will be interesting, I think his suicide theory has been blown out of the water. What interference angle will he run to deflect the prosecution.

The judge has been priceless during this trial, he has suffered through immeasurable amounts of nausea invoking testimony and it will be interesting to hear his parting comments.

I believe gbc is a gonner and destined to making number plates
For quite a while, however , after appeal attemts...
Then i believe they will go after nbc
Moo!!!

I think they should take a closer look at OW as well, in fact i think that they are all in on it to a certain degree... either during or after the fact, but my views wouldn't be a surprise to any old timers on here

:newhere:

I think they should take a closer look at OW as well, in fact i think that they are all in on it to a certain degree... either during or after the fact, but my views wouldn't be a surprise to any old timers on here

AH Greg, I remember your views, I agreed with them all 100% lol
so good to see your name
:loveyou:

Snails - there were loads of spare seats in the big Banco courtroom (3rd level) and the screen is high - the resolution is not that great.... but better than nothing. It is freezing in that room.

I don't think you would have to line up at the crack of dawn but I think Monday will attract some enormous crowds. Todd Fuller is a pretty exciting speaker when he starts - (sorry atm he is definitely got my hero worship vote!) I think people will want to see what the jury has as their lasting impression of the case. And I for one would like to see how GBC reacts - will he sit stoically in the dock or will he pull out his overused hanky and dab gently and remorsefully at his eyes, invoking our sympathies.

Byrne will be interesting, I think his suicide theory has been blown out of the water. What interference angle will he run to deflect the prosecution.

The judge has been priceless during this trial, he has suffered through immeasurable amounts of nausea invoking testimony and it will be interesting to hear his parting comments.

Thanks so much Liadon. I'm going to try to get in there as I really want to hear the closing statements. I will take a trusty notebook and take as many notes as possible.

I really don't think anyone else was involved. I think that his Father didn't take long to realise that this was not looking good for his son considering the scratches and set about to make sure he had the best possible legal advice. That just tells me that his father has spent all his life promoting the "family name" and was going to make sure it was protected. Yes they are proud people. I don't believe Olivia was involved. I just think they are a family who can't get their head around the idea that Gerard was responsible. It's true that pride comes before a fall. Gerards parents would know also if he had a propensity to lie as a young person. They may know more than they are letting on but their family loyalty is strong. They will fight to keep their son out of jail because that is just not an acceptable option for a Baden Clay!!

I want to show my support to Allison's family.<modsnip> I can't donate to the girls but what I can do is art. If I were to do a portrait and have it laminated is there any kind person here that I could post it to and they could place it at Al's memorial please?
I would be super greatful :)

Yes, but I mean really, seriously, malignantly wrong - my brother has schizophrenia and I remember the feeling i got in my stomach as I got to know him once he had been medicated after his first major psychosis. All the nice bits of his personality fell away to this shell which just was self consumed and black. Gerard reminds me of my brother, when first medicated. Reading about his behavior inhabits my body in the same way.

If Gerard was medicated for schizophrenia, would this be kept from us?

My son has schizophrenia and while the medications control the positive symptoms (eg.paranoia, hallucinations) It is the negative symptoms that medication does not treat so well and its is these symptoms that are so debilitating and yes I agree they can and do become a shell of themselves.
For me it was like grieving my son and getting to know a somewhat different person. it took years many admission's lots of heartache.
As you would know there ups downs and schizophrenia can be a very debilitating illness.
If GBC had schizophrenia and was medicated we would know I am sure.

I want to show my support to Allison's family. I am always broke, so I can't donate to the girls but what I can do is art. If I were to do a portrait and have it laminated is there any kind person here that I could post it to and they could place it at Al's memorial please?
I would be super greatful :)

What a lovely gesture.:loveyou:

My son has schizophrenia and while the medications control the positive symptoms (eg.paranoia, hallucinations) It is the negative symptoms that medication does not treat so well and its is these symptoms that are so debilitating and yes I agree they can and do become a shell of themselves.
For me it was like grieving my son and getting to know a somewhat different person. it took years many admission's lots of heartache.
As you would know there ups downs and schizophrenia can be a very debilitating illness.
If GBC had schizophrenia and was medicated we would know I am sure.

You poor darling, I know how hard it has been for my mother.

I really don't think anyone else was involved. I think that his Father didn't take long to realise that this was not looking good for his son considering the scratches and set about to make sure he had the best possible legal advice. That just tells me that his father has spent all his life promoting the "family name" and was going to make sure it was protected. Yes they are proud people. I don't believe Olivia was involved. I just think they are a family who can't get their head around the idea that Gerard was responsible. It's true that pride comes before a fall. Gerards parents would know also if he had a propensity to lie as a young person. They may know more than they are letting on but their family loyalty is strong. They will fight to keep their son out of jail because that is just not an acceptable option for a Baden Clay!!

If you read this statement. Ben Bassingthwaite says that EBC was always protective of GBC.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Yes I agree - I spent a lot of time in summer at my grandparents house and we would all rest in the hottest part of the day

I had a work colleague who hailed from Qld. She said they used to get up in the dark and work then they'd sleep during the hotter part of the day. I dare say I'd be flaked out on the lounge in the heat too.

Sorry if this has been covered but, did the police examine NBC/EBC's or OW's cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname