General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a good idea for just one person, as a representative of sorts for this board, to make contact with the detective, at least initially... maybe just in the vein of saying, "Hello? we're out here...and we care about what happened to Janet Abaroa? What's going on with the case?" Just making contact. And then seeing what, if any, response we get...THEN offering information that has been collected here, based on what sort of feedback the detective provides??

Just a thought...

SouthEastSleuth said:
It might be a good idea for just one person, as a representative of sorts for this board, to make contact with the detective, at least initially... maybe just in the vein of saying, "Hello? we're out here...and we care about what happened to Janet Abaroa? What's going on with the case?" Just making contact. And then seeing what, if any, response we get...THEN offering information that has been collected here, based on what sort of feedback the detective provides??

Just a thought...

I've already established contact. :innocent:

If Raven played in a pick-up game that night, there's a good chance that the game that he played in isn't even listed on a schedule somewhere. We don't know if it was with a league or old teammates or old friends, etc. They could've played at an indoor stadium, in a field behind a school, etc. I just hope that LE has determined where the alleged game was because for all we know, he could have been hiding computers that night and not playing soccer as we've all been discussing. IF he were playing soccer, I still don't understand why his uniform/shoes weren't listed in the search warrant inventory, (unless he was wearing street clothes, which seems unlikely yet possible).

If our sources have said he played, and said that it was a pick-up game, then surely they must also know enough to tell us where he played, what time he played, and what types of acquaintances he played with. I don't mean to sound demanding. I DO appreciate all of the inside information we've received. But we've gotten to the point where this is becoming frustrating. We learn new & interesting tid-bits relatively often but our basic facts still remain unanswered ... where did Raven play, what time, how long, with whom, and what was he wearing?

I can't believe that we're still hearing nothing on this case. Good grief, a sweet & loving young woman was taken away from her baby, and no one in that town seems to be pushing for this one to be solved!!! Come on LE - give us SOMETHING!!! Is there ANYONE being looked at as a POI or what??????

LvsAMystry said:
Interesting. I posted the above yesterday, and decided to do some more poking around tonight and cannot get into the NCASA website, or even the main site for nc soccer, www.ncsoccer.org, that contains the link to NCASA. Can anyone tell me if they can access, not sure if it's my browser or what, but strange.
I can't get on to it either. I was poking around on it yesterday too. Can a wesite like that just be taken down? How can someone make it inaccessable?

curious1 said:
Wow Golfmom. You are an early riser! :)

Here are a few things I want to toss out, just thinking out loud.

Theory 1:
-Raven has affair
-Woman develops fatal attraction
-Embezzlement not a factor

Theory 2:
-Raven has affair
-Woman becomes obsessed
-Woman finds out about embezzlement charges, fears he will be taken away from her
-Woman thinks Murdered Wife = Sympathy = Raven not being taken away

Just my little 'ol brain chugging away. :crazy:

LOL, early rising is certainly my curse in life. But, on the other hand you won't see me around in the evenings.

I thought long and hard about the obsessed woman idea. And where I keep getting stuck is imaging the type of woman who would get obsessed and then imagining that Raven would be attracted to a woman like that.

I know it's a vague reason to discount any theory, and I've been hoping someone will contact me and let me know what type of woman (outside his marriage) that he was attracted to.

Jenifred said:
I can't get on to it either. I was poking around on it yesterday too. Can a wesite like that just be taken down? How can someone make it inaccessable?

I was able to get in through the cached version, but not straight on. LOL I thought we might have done the ravenstree vs. raventree thing again.

:laugh:
JerseyGirl said:
But we've gotten to the point where this is becoming frustrating.
You've just hit that point now? I've been there for awhile!:D

Jenifred said:
:laugh:
You've just hit that point now? I've been there for awhile!:D

Frustrated? Who's frustrated?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

golfmom said:
Just a suggestion, so we don't inundate the detective with emails, I think it would be a good idea if we worked out a system to consolidate information that we feel he needs.

My thoughts were ...

1. That our regular websleuthers could by consensus decide what material to send along. Just bounce it off those that you usually bounce things off of and we'll use each other as a check and balance to make sure that the material we send along is meaningful.

2. Those who have a personal connection to the case, should contact Detective Bradley directly if they have anything.

3. Those who are new here and do not have a direct connection to the case but feel they have information that needs to be passed to LE, please seek out the guidance of some of our more seasoned posters. I'm sure any of us will be happy to help.

Let me know what ya'll think!
Good ideas, golfmom. :)

Of course, anyone that feels they have a helpful tip that they don't wish to post should contact LE on their own just as they would in any other case. But for the majority of what we're discussing, fewer consolidated contacts is probably better than too many.

Things I would mention:

- MySpace
- VX site
- E-bay
- Any and all of his sites, (especially where mention is made of money, goals, etc.)
- Mr. A's blog and WS for further digging if they are interested.

Basically, an outline of the cyber-trail that we've uncovered. And for all of the stuff that we've uncovered, I wonder how much more there might be that we haven't, (that hopefully they can). If you can't get the family computer, I guess that searching for stuff through the back door is the next best thing. Maybe if LE could determine some of the contacts, their computers could be looked at for old e-mails, etc., (if the investigation would ever get that far, that is).

JerseyGirl said:
Good ideas, golfmom. :)

Of course, anyone that feels they have a helpful tip that they don't wish to post should contact LE on their own just as they would in any other case. But for the majority of what we're discussing, fewer consolidated contacts is probably better than too many.

Things I would mention:

- MySpace
- VX site
- E-bay
- Any and all of his sites, (especially where mention is made of money, goals, etc.
- Mr. A's blog and WS for further digging if they are interested.

Basically, an outline of the cyber-trail that we've uncovered. And for all of the stuff that we've uncovered, I wonder how much more there might be that we haven't, (that hopefully they can). If you can't get the family computer, I guess that searching for stuff through the back door is the next best thing. Maybe if LE could determine some of the contacts, their computers could be looked at for old e-mails, etc., (if the investigation would ever get that far, that is).

I should have probably mentioned that he is caught up to date on what has been POSTED. So, contact with him should related to future finds AND things that have NOT been posted.

Im so glad this is being discussed!!!

I live in NC and locally theres been NOTHING...nary a single peep about Janet!!!

To me ,this is HUGE local news but guess what? Theyre STILL talking about everyone's favorite "runaway bride"!! :rolleyes:

Golfmom - Are you at liberty to share any or all of your dealings with the detective? Any info he provided (or not) as to where they actually stand with the case.. And, was he responsive in any way to the information gathered here, etc.

I certainly understand if this contact needs to remain confidential at this point.

messiecake said:
Im so glad this is being discussed!!!

I live in NC and locally theres been NOTHING...nary a single peep about Janet!!!

To me ,this is HUGE local news but guess what? Theyre STILL talking about everyone's favorite "runaway bride"!! :rolleyes:

Messiecake!!!! I am so glad you've joined us!

anneshirley said:
Jager,
I do have one question for you. There's been a lot of discussion on Raven's sexuality (see the "Personality Factors" thread for more info). As a stranger to Raven, did you ever feel like he was hitting on you (even if it were electronically?). SOme have said that he was flirtatious with both men and women. I was just wondering if you had that experience-through your email chats.
I apologize if this sounds immature, but since you had some contact with him, I think you have more insight than we're taking advantage of.
Definitely never hit on me. Our emails were about places to ride in the area, bikes we owned, etc. Plus he had never seen me in person or a picture of me, so even if he did bat for both teams I doubt he would have hit on me based on our limited emails. So no real help there.

On another topic...Anyone thought about the idea that raven could have owed someone a lot of money? Could have been why he started emblezzingly goods and selling them. Far fetched I guess, just throwing it out there. Anyone know of gambling problems, etc.

jager said:
On another topic...Anyone thought about the idea that raven could have owed someone a lot of money? Could have been why he started emblezzingly goods and selling them. Far fetched I guess, just throwing it out there. Anyone know of gambling problems, etc.

When Janet's case was first presented here by Misterallgood, we did try to dig in those areas. I guess without new leads it's an area that has run cold. Also, there is just so much other stuff to find that we've gotten a little distracted from those theories. And finally, a lot of us receive tips from sources and nothing that I know of has come in to lead us in that direction.

golfmom said:
LOL, early rising is certainly my curse in life. But, on the other hand you won't see me around in the evenings.

I thought long and hard about the obsessed woman idea. And where I keep getting stuck is imaging the type of woman who would get obsessed and then imagining that Raven would be attracted to a woman like that.

I know it's a vague reason to discount any theory, and I've been hoping someone will contact me and let me know what type of woman (outside his marriage) that he was attracted to.
I use to have a friend that seemed quite normal. She went to college, got a degree, had a nice job, but.....I tired to warn a few guys off when we were in college, but they didn't listen. But she seemed so nice and sweet and helpless, but boy oh boy. Most of those poor guys never saw it coming until it was too late. She didn't so much direct her behavior toward the guy as she did his friends. Calling them to ask if he was where he said he was, asking them about any girls she saw him talking to. Most of the time this went on for months and the friends would be telling him, she's nuts dump her. When she would finally start in on quizzing the guy she was dating and he realized what was going on things would get ugly. One of the guys in college broke up with her after all of this. He started dating someone else and she started following the new girl around! She found out where she worked, where she shopped, where she tanned, etc.. :loser: That's when I cut of all ties with her, she was starting to scare me.

jager said:
My thoughts on this have more to do with lifestyle than anything else. From what we know, Raven tended enjoy a pretty expensive lifestyle as far as his toys, etc. We know too they had moved into a house, albeit a rental, but a house could certainly be more expensive to rent than an apartment. (I know that rental houses in this area can actually be fairly pricey.) We know, too, they were both working at Eurosport. But, was their income enough to support the lifestyle Raven chose to lead?? Who knows. But unless he has a past history of embezzlement, which has not come to light, then SOMETHING led him down that path. And IMO, it was personal finances...to support a lifestyle that perhaps he could not afford. As always, just my opinions....

curious1 said:
I use to have a friend that seemed quite normal. ............. One of the guys in college broke up with her after all of this. He started dating someone else and she started following the new girl around! She found out where she worked, where she shopped, where she tanned, etc.. :loser: That's when I cut of all ties with her, she was starting to scare me.

Scary isn't it! I'm hoping someone will pass along info on the *type* of women Raven was involved with.

But, you're right ... you just never know :chicken:

SouthEastSleuth said:
My thoughts on this have more to do with lifestyle than anything else. From what we know, Raven tended enjoy a pretty expensive lifestyle as far as his toys, etc. We know too they had moved into a house, albeit a rental, but a house could certainly be more expensive to rent than an apartment. (I know that rental houses in this area can actually be fairly pricey.) We know, too, they were both working at Eurosport. But, was their income enough to support the lifestyle Raven chose to lead?? Who knows. But unless he has a past history of embezzlement, which has not come to light, then SOMETHING led him down that path. And IMO, it was personal finances...to support a lifestyle that perhaps he could not afford. As always, just my opinions....

I think Raven did chase around get-rich-quick ideas and kept sinking further and further into debt. When he refers to his bad decisions, I mean come on, is that the understatement of the century or what? He doesn't just make mistakes, he makes the same mistake again and again and then acts surprised when things turn out the same. I wonder how much he sank into scams, this just seems like a guy who wouldn't recognize a pyramid if it bit him his well-manicured butt.

golfmom said:
I wonder how much he sank into scams, this just seems like a guy who wouldn't recognize a pyramid if it bit him his well-manicured butt.
Don't forget waxed--his well-manicured, waxed butt.

Oh, and tanned--his well-manicured, waxed and tan butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015