General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
I've got to admit that NC crime rate is rather shocking. Who would have thunk? :behindbar
Quite honestly, if you look really closely, it's not even the NC crime rates that are so appalling, but primarily THIS area, ie., Raleigh Durham. In recent years especially, there seems to be a HUGE gang problem surfacing around here. Seems odd. But, nonetheless, it's a fact. And the resulting crimes are just too numerous and often horrific!

golfmom said:
I've got to admit that NC crime rate is rather shocking. Who would have thunk? :behindbar

Yep, killin' each other off like flies on the wall. I am sure that LE is very jaded as well as stretched to the max.
I still wonder if the crimescene evidence has come back from the lab? It will be interesting when this heats up some.

Thinkoflaura said:
Remember- it has NOT been confirmed that he was at a soccer game. I refuse to assume that the police did their jobs. That place up there is like the crime hotbed of the country. I'm sure their resources are stretched to the max. I've never seen so many daily accounts of murders.. I thought Dallas was bad, but it's worse in NC.
That is sooo true. We have nothing confirmed that he was at or playing in a soccer game. I'm sorry, but I am not accepting the excuse that NC LE is stretched to the max.......then why not ask for help? IMO, they have either botched the entire case or are not doing their jobs or know the murderer and are waiting (for some reason) to arrest him....(or her)....cough cough.

Do we even really know how strong his alibi is? Did anyone know the specifics on that? Maybe no one is saying anything from the game because no one was really there!!!

NCBanker said:
While that's a great idea, I'm sure LE has already spoken with people who have corroborated Raven's story. That was probably one of the first things they did in order to substantiate his alibi.
One of the many things that doesn't make sense is that LE hasn't publicly cleared Raven as a suspect (like his alibi checked out or whatever).....

Ok, so doesn't the squeaky wheel get the grease........is no one squeaking loud enough to LE???

Jenifred said:
Do we even really know how strong his alibi is? Did anyone know the specifics on that? Maybe no one is saying anything from the game because no one was really there!!!
EXACTLY!!!!!!

Because if you think about it, there's got to be at least one person from the "team" or "opposing team" (I put those in quotes because of the imagination factor) that's not going to back him up and say he was there when he really wasn't--just to help out a friend. Nor should his friends really do that because of the chance that Raven committed murder!!

Durham is one of the worst crime-ridden areas in NC, if not THE worst. Parts of Raleigh and ALL of the suburbs (Cary, Apex, Holly Springs) are some of the lowest in the country. Durham has had a terrible drug problem since I was a kid. Most of the murders that take place are drug related.

I don't feel strongly that he was playing soccer with illegal aliens, however, I know for a fact that "pick up" games are played on school soccer fields daily with Hispanics. Don't discount that for a second.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Quite honestly, if you look really closely, it's not even the NC crime rates that are so appalling, but primarily THIS area, ie., Raleigh Durham. In recent years especially, there seems to be a HUGE gang problem surfacing around here. Seems odd. But, nonetheless, it's a fact. And the resulting crimes are just too numerous and often horrific!

NCBanker said:
Durham is one of the worst crime ridden areas in NC, if not THE worst. Parts of Raleigh and ALL of the suburbs (Cary, Apex, Holly Springs) are some of the lowest in the country. Durham has had a terrible drug problem since I was a kid. Most of the murders that take place are drug related.

I don't feel strongly that he was playing soccer with illegal aliens, however, I know for a fact that "pick up" games are played on school soccer fields daily with Hispanics. Don't discount that for a second.
Of course, we all know that just because you are Hispanic, doesn't make you an illegal alien!!

Thoughts/questions....we know that numerous murders are committed in Durham. I believe Janet's was the 11th in 2005 (I read that in an article somewhere?)...BUT Janet's was the only way that was a stabbing, the rest were gunshots.....so Janet's murder was different (most likely not gang related)....so why isn't LE pushing to solve this case quickly?? It is not a murder that no one cares about....even us strangers are involved and wanting justice!!!

Maybe there's something else tied to this - something larger. Raven may be involved in it and may be cooperating with LE. I don't know. I'm just full of speculation today, or full of s--t!

ewwwinteresting said:
Of course, we all know that just because you are Hispanic, doesn't make you an illegal alien!!

Thoughts/questions....we know that numerous murders are committed in Durham. I believe Janet's was the 11th in 2005 (I read that in an article somewhere?)...BUT Janet's was the only way that was a stabbing, the rest were gunshots.....so Janet's murder was different (most likely not gang related)....so why isn't LE pushing to solve this case quickly?? It is not a murder that no one cares about....even us strangers are involved and wanting justice!!!

It is indeed odd that they haven't filed charges against Raven based soley on circumstantial evidence. It certainly is staggering. We've all seen people charged with and convicted of murder when there was NO physical evidence, let alone a body! What are we missing here?!?

Raven definitely did play soccer in college and at the time it seemed like that was one of the few things he cared about. it wouldn't surprise me if he actually was playing pick-up soccer, although from my personal dealings with him the idea of him committing the crime doesn't seem all that surprising... he was always quite self-centered.

Roddick said:
Raven definitely did play soccer in college and at the time it seemed like that was one of the few things he cared about. it wouldn't surprise me if he actually was playing pick-up soccer, although from my personal dealings with him the idea of him committing the crime doesn't seem all that surprising... he was always quite self-centered.
.......welcome roddick!

...you mentioned your personal dealings with raven....you attended college with him , or something recent ?

...chilling , to read that someone who knows him personally is NOT surprised he may have done this.....

I went to college with both of them. Knew them both fairly well I guess... honestly after they started dating they stuck to themselves a decent amount of the time... attached at the hip. I hadn't talked to either of them for a couple of years, but seriously... I'd have to throw my vote in the Yes column if you asked my opinion on whether or not he did it.

Roddick said:
I am sorry for being so lame about soccer.....but what is a "pick-up game?"

NCBanker said:
It is indeed odd that they haven't filed charges against Raven based soley on circumstantial evidence. It certainly is staggering. We've all seen people charged with and convicted of murder when there was NO physical evidence, let alone a body! What are we missing here?!?
........exactly..........the guy definitely should be a POI at the very least....

...it's certainly frustrating that LE is soooooooo tight-lipped on this case..

..( we may have to force you back "out into the field " NCB....!)

pick up game is where a bunch of people just get together to play... there isn't any affiliation with a league or anything else... you just call up some friends, say "hey, let's play [insert sport name here] tonight at 7"... round everyone up, and then play a game. very informal.

Roddick said:
pick up game is where a bunch of people just get together to play... there isn't any affiliation with a league or anything else... you just call up some friends, say "hey, let's play [insert sport name here] tonight at 7"... round everyone up, and then play a game. very informal.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............no wonder the police haven't been able to substantiate his alibi (if they haven't yet)......who would they ask? No league to go to in order to obtain a list of players..........hmmmmmmm!

Thank you for clarifying the definition for me:blowkiss:

Jenifred said:
Because if you think about it, there's got to be at least one person from the "team" or "opposing team" (I put those in quotes because of the imagination factor) that's not going to back him up and say he was there when he really wasn't--just to help out a friend. Nor should his friends really do that because of the chance that Raven committed murder!!

I think the most likely reason is that there wasn't a game- best post I've read in quite a while.. made me laugh. :)

I can tell you this, if my husband, son, brother, friend, or enemy was in a socccer game while they were supposed to be committing a murder, I would tell the world that they were there. Same for if they were absent.
OR if there was no soccer game. Of course, everyone may be assuming that Raven meant a soccer game across town from THEM. You know how that goes.

Roddick said:
...it would be interesting to know WHO initiated that particular pick-up game on the night of the murder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant