George and Cindy Anthony have new lawyers

Poor Caylee :( I want to say so much more, but I just can't. They will never realize just how much of the 'circus atmosphere' surrounding her death that they have contributed to. Even that they blame on others when it's THEIR behavior that has played such a large part in it. Breaks my heart...

You know how it's said that when you die you see a re-run of your life?
I'm glad it's their re-runs and not mine.
imo

Good question! I wonder if she even bothered to inform them? ..or if as usual Cindy knows what's best. :banghead:.and if they DID know and approved..well..

I wonder if she thinks she will be signing autographs soon as well?

The timing is too much. I think these new attorneys orchestrated this hoping to help rehabilitate their image. Particularly CA's.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

The timing is too much. I think these new attorneys orchestrated this hoping to help rehabilitate their image. Particularly CA's.

I think the best advice any attorney could give them right now is to just stay away from all media from now on.

And this would go along with my feelings. One pair of shoes. Symbolism over substance.

I think the best advice any attorney could give them right now is to just stay away from all media from now on.

Cindy would not hire an attorney that would give them advice like that.

Hopefully these new lawyers will tell the Anthonys...no more photo ops, no meet and greets, no media interviews. I don't know how much more of the Anthonys I can take without my head exploding. :burn:

And if the new lawyers had a hand in this donation for more face time, they should last a good long time!

They also have Flexible Payments Plans and Discounts for Seniors. What more could you ask for?

The A's are not on trial so why would their new attorneys file a notice of appearance with the court? Does that mean they will get a right to say or ask stuff in any of ICA's hearings or status meetings or the trial? Or, is this just a fancy way of letting everyone know the A's have new attorneys? They could have called the media or the today show to announce that!

The A's are not on trial so why would their new attorneys file a notice of appearance with the court? Does that mean they will get a right to say or ask stuff in any of ICA's hearings or status meetings or the trial? Or, is this just a fancy way of letting everyone know the A's have new attorneys? They could have called the media or the today show to announce that!

I was about to ask that myself. Why the notice of appearance in this trial? They aren't a defendant. Did the attorneys for the other witnesses have to file a notice of appearance?:waitasec:

Nums24 posted this on the news thread:

08/25/2010 Notice of Appearance on Behalf of George Anthony

08/25/2010 Notice of Appearance on Behalf of Cynthia Anthony

This is setting me to thinking...

Whatcha thinking Carolina? It can't be because they're up for charges themselves, could it? Wouldn't be on the same case docket...

Spill please!

Exactly! I saw that and figured they got new attorneys, then saw Nums's other post. But why the notice of appearance?

I just looked up the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, I do not see the need for the A's attorney to have filed this. They are not defendants in this case! The new attorneys did not file a notice in the civil case.

Look at the bottom right of page 20 in this file:
http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/Attachments/BDFE1551AD291A3F85256B29004BF892/$FILE/Criminal.pdf?OpenElement

Notice of Appearance. An attorney who is
retained or appointed in place of the Public Defender
or Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel to
represent a defendant in a capital case shall immediately
file a notice of appearance certifying that he or she meets the qualifications of this rule. If the office
of the Public Defender or Criminal Conflict and Civil
Regional Counsel is appointed to represent the defendant,
the Public Defender or Criminal Conflict and
Civil Regional Counsel shall certify that the individuals
or assistants assigned as lead and co-counsel meet
the requirements of this rule. A notice of appearance
filed under this rule shall be served on the defendant.

And ... who thinks this new team of lawyers told Cindy it would be a good idea to announce her celebrity presence at the charity event on Saturday and donate one pair of Caylee's shoes while the cameras flash and people shout her name??

The same attorney who got them out of their foreclosure bind, got them a FREE house basically, all because there would have been too much media coverage.

BBM

Either the new team encouraged it, or they couldn't stop Cindy. Either way she's been unleashed and I think we're in for an escalation in crazy media appearances by Cindy.

God help us.

I just looked up the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, I do not see the need for the A's attorney to have filed this. They are not defendants in this case! The new attorneys did not file a notice in the civil case.

Look at the bottom right of page 20 in this file:

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/Attachments/BDFE1551AD291A3F85256B29004BF892/$FILE/Criminal.pdf?OpenElement

Notice of Appearance. An attorney who is
retained or appointed in place of the Public Defender
or Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel to
represent a defendant in a capital case shall immediately
file a notice of appearance certifying that he or she meets the qualifications of this rule. If the office
of the Public Defender or Criminal Conflict and Civil
Regional Counsel is appointed to represent the defendant,
the Public Defender or Criminal Conflict and
Civil Regional Counsel shall certify that the individuals
or assistants assigned as lead and co-counsel meet
the requirements of this rule. A notice of appearance
filed under this rule shall be served on the defendant.

This is perplexing. I would expect them to file for the civil case.

Has anyone tried to click on their bios or any link on their webpage?

I have no clue why they filed a notice of appearance in the State v. Casey Anthony.

I wonder if HHBP said "So What?" when he saw these filings of appearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back