George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems completely logical to me. JMO

Which is even more shocking to me that people find it outside the realm of possibility that Trayvon felt scared/uneasy upon realizing that he was being followed. It's one thing if someone is following you on foot, because they could be walking anywhere. But when you see a car following you, I think that would be scary for anybody, no?

The potential far outweighs the bad. This is true but a few steps back when GZ called 911 and continued his pursuit. All bets are off now. That is common sense.
Now if he notices the person he is following is young and does not appear armed it would be less likely for an altercation if he announces he has a gun. Think about it.
This is the comment to which I responded:

You always clearly announce you are carrying a gun ahead of time before tempers arise.​

We have no idea how Martin would have reacted. Some have suggested that the reason Martin acted the way he did was exactly because Zimmerman showed him the gun or informed him he was armed, and that Martin was at that point justified in hitting him because he was in fear of his life. I can't say I disagree that if Zimmerman let on that he was carrying, Martin was justified in pummeling Martin. Because at that point, a dude that has been following you for a while just told you he has a gun as well.

If I were in Martin's place and that happened, I probably would have drawn down on Zimmerman at that point and waited for police presence. No way you follow me around and then tell me you have a gun and I just go about my business like nothing happened.

:twocents:

I'm not quite sure how to ask but is "homey" common slang for teenagers? I've never heard the time outside of tv and it sounded odd but I haven't been around teens a long while.

I've only heard that term in tv shows/movies, not in real life. Plus, it's usually with gang members isn't it? TM doesn't sound like he would use that term, :twocents:

Which is even more shocking to me that people find it outside the realm of possibility that Trayvon felt scared/uneasy upon realizing that he was being followed. It's one thing if someone is following you on foot, because they could be walking anywhere. But when you see a car following you, I think that would be scary for anybody, no?

Hmm.. I think I would be more concerned about someone on foot. The car gives me time to get away...

I've only heard that term in tv shows/movies, not in real life. Plus, it's usually with gang members isn't it? TM doesn't sound like he would use that term, :twocents:

I have not heard kid my age use that term anymore.

It will be NOW Angel! About to be brought into testimony, I am sure they will overhead it....

Hopefully, someone got a screen shot. GZ changed the location of his vehicle during the interview. Were there any bushes like GZ claimed in this interview?

Now, they are referring to his statement. GZ knew the street and had reported it before, how come he states to the 911 dispatcher that he needed to get out of the car and didn't know the street? This is why I don't believe him. He knew the street name, had reported it in prior occasion.

In the signed report, GZ refers to Trayvon as the "suspect". No GZ, Trayvon is the victim. IMO.

JMO

Hmm.. I think I would be more concerned about someone on foot. The car gives me time to get away...

No, what I'm saying is it's easier to confirm someone is following you in a car than on foot. On foot, they could be just walking behind you or something like that. But in a car it's kind of hard to mistake what the person is doing. They are in a car.

Great posting.

Not only that, but we know LE is obligated to warn about their firearm, whether in plain clothes OR uniform...and supposedly Zimmerman " rode with police officers on patrol because he wanted to be one of them .) " IMO
Thus he knew the procedrue so I think how he played it was cowardly and illegal. IMO

I'ts as suspicious as all get out that he refused to tell the police where they could meet him...he would ring them back he said...giving him time to do the deed he had on his mind and THEN clue them in.IMO
BBM

You state this as fact ("we know")... so do you have a source for this? This is the first time I've heard of this precedent. And even if it is correct, law enforcement are held to a completely different standard than a civilian.

Court: In report, GZ reports that on TWO occasions, the dispatcher asked for the "exact location". I never heard this from the dispatcher.

Very much agree and I'd wager that even a 1st grader would catch on to it . IMO
The difference is that you'd stated, "racial profiling". I haven"t heard any evidence that supports that. I've heard (911 tapes) where he used, "*advertiser censored**holes", etc. but nothing specifying race until he responded to a direct question asking if the "suspect" was, "white, hispanic or black". To which he responded, "I think he's black." I honestly think neither the non-emergency responder nor GZ were doing anything more than identifying a suspect for the police who were on there way.

This makes perfect sense for me. His story backs up things in evidence.

My problem is that nothing the state has put on refutes that or makes me question the facts in evidence that support GZ's account..

JMO

By deviating from the standard procedure, can’t that be construed as prejudicial treatment of GZ?

Yes it can because in this case, they asked Zimmerman on the phone to meet them at a predetermined spot and he refused to do so, telling them he would call them back A F T E R.....IMO
We have read time and again that in dangerous circumstances, a person armed or not is supposed to wait for police and not take the law into their own hands as Zimmerman did. IMO Looks to me like had Zimmerman obeyed / followed that simple precept, we'd not be here today discussing this murder. IMO

Hopefully, someone got a screen shot. GZ changed the location of his vehicle during the interview. Were there any bushes like GZ claimed in this interview?

Now, they are referring to his statement. GZ knew the street and had reported it before, how come he states to the 911 dispatcher that he needed to get out of the car and didn't know the street? This is why I don't believe him. He knew the street name, had reported it in prior occasion.

In the signed report, GZ refers to Trayvon as the "suspect". No GZ, Trayvon is the victim. IMO.

JMO

That combined with this diagram and George's changing story sort of molds out for me what I had suspected: that when George said he stopped pursuing Trayvon and was walking back to his car that he not being totally truthful. It's becoming clearer. IMO

Here, in my opinion, is problem with the concept of "profiling." Lets say that a neighborhood is next to..an Amish community. Recently, there have been a spate of crimes in that neighborhood and people are scared. Statistically, those crimes have been committed by men from that Amish community.

One night you see someone who does not live in your neighborhood...walking about in the rain. This young man...has a long beardlike the Amish, wear distinctive clothes favored by the Amish, and probably IS Amish. Now that doesn't mean he is a thief. BUT The young Amish men who HAVE terrorized that neighborhood before this night, THEY and they alone have created the suspicion that now falls on this young man.

IMO, you cannot blame someone when statistics prove their suspicions are common sense.
Nor does it make that person someone who DISLIKES the Amish. Unfortunately, the criminals that plaqued the neighborhood created the situation.

Unfortunately TM fit the profile of the young men creating fear in that neighborhood. It was not HIS fault. But it was also not GZ's.

IMO Some of the money collected to combat "profiling" should be directed at the CAUSESof profiling...those crime statistics.

No need to suspect. GZ said he was following the suspect while driving his truck.

Then it is even more shocking to me, as I said before, that people have totally written off the possibility that Trayvon felt scared/threatened/uneasy upon realizing he was being followed in a car.

No need to suspect. GZ said he was following the suspect while driving his truck.

Just to be clear, where does " truck " come from given Zimmerman in testimony always refers to the vehicle as his " car " , please? TIA

This is the comment to which I responded:

You always clearly announce you are carrying a gun ahead of time before tempers arise.​

We have no idea how Martin would have reacted. Some have suggested that the reason Martin acted the way he did was exactly because Zimmerman showed him the gun or informed him he was armed, and that Martin was at that point justified in hitting him because he was in fear of his life. I can't say I disagree that if Zimmerman let on that he was carrying, Martin was justified in pummeling Martin. Because at that point, a dude that has been following you for a while just told you he has a gun as well.

If I were in Martin's place and that happened, I probably would have drawn down on Zimmerman at that point and waited for police presence. No way you follow me around and then tell me you have a gun and I just go about my business like nothing happened.

:twocents:

One of three things would have happened if GZ announces his weapon.
1. TM would run away and still be alive.
2. TM would be detained until police arrived.
3. TM would pull out his gun and shoot GZ.
Now which one do think would have happened using your common sense?

Perhaps I suffer from generational out-of-touch, said the oldster, but do parent's no longer teach their children to remove themselves from situations where they feel threatened and/or uneasy and to come home or call home for assistance?

GZ had a right to confront someone not from the area. It's not illegal to confront anyone especially if they are hiding their face and confrontational.

He broke no law. And when getting a beat down shot TM in self defense. Plain and simple. This is not a case of profiling for the fun of it. Even profiling isn't illegal. Not saying that's how it should go down but it does every single day. This particular case has gone out of control.

He was released on self defense then only after the media lied to the masses showing pics of a little kid and a hateful, cop-want-to-be, vigilante and calling it a Black/White issue did they re-arrest him. This is making a mockery of our justice system in Florida, which does not need any more help to prove it's fallacy.

He should walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member