George's testimony at trial

eeeeeeek! I just had a horrible thought guys.

What if this was all set up between GA,CA, ICA and the defense team, just to create reasonable doubt? OMG, I totally believed GA today but now I don't know!!!

I thought it was just the defense but maybe GA & CA are in on it!

ETA: See, ICA makes all these accusations which can't be proven, so GA doesn't go to jail. GA denies it all. ICA walks due to reasonable doubt!!!

Thank you! I do believe they willingly and knowingly crawled under this bus. Watch and see as there is lots of time left to disappoint. To me anything that GA and CA say is about as believable as KC. These strangely inept and often lying people just have no credibility.

He did a great job of bringing Caylee to "life" through his testimony by remembering the small things in life that we often take for granted - i.e. Caylee putting in her own DVDs, turning on the VCR, etc.

I have not been a fan of the A's in the past but my heart just breaks for him today...

eeeeeeek! I just had a horrible thought guys.

What if this was all set up between GA,CA, ICA and the defense team, just to create reasonable doubt? OMG, I totally believed GA today but now I don't know!!!
I don't think this is the case

I thought it was just the defense but maybe GA & CA are in on it!

ETA: See, ICA makes all these accusations which can't be proven, so GA doesn't go to jail. GA denies it all. ICA walks due to reasonable doubt!!!

Not in a a million years will Casey walk free

JB did not have to ask George anything about the sexual abuse at this time. Hate to say this, but his strategy makes sense (wonder if that means CM came up with it). JB will proceed to pick apart all the State witnesses, insinuating anything he wants about George while he does it. I am going to bet the judge sustains a number of objections to JB's questions, but he will have put the thought into the juror minds anyway. George is listed on the defense teams' witness list. After JB has done all he can to damage George's credibility (pointing out every single lie, contradictions, etc.) he will call him to the stand as a defense withness, ask to have him declared hostile and then go after him tooth and nail.

They will say and do ANYTHING to prevent ICA from being held accountable. That is what they have done her entire life! They figure, those stories about sexual abuse with GA and LA have been drifting around for three years. Why not take advantage of them? It's already out there, what harm will it do? When the trial is all said and done with, any accusations will be brushed off as mere flotsam in the tidal wave of the trial.

And furthermore, I think JB is providing terrible representation in order to set up a mistrial due to CA having ineffective counsel.

There are several "irons" in the fire here to try and get what they want.

MOO

Aqua

GA's testimony looked pretty honest to me. I began following this case closely since yesterday and as such I'm unaware of GA's other testimonies and whether or not he lied but I understand him even if he lied and continues to do so. He has already lost one of his loved ones and understandably he wants to avoid another loss.

I have tried to avoid pretrial coverage in this case. Obviously, I could not avoid it completely. But the media coverage bothered me to the point that I wanted to wait for the trial.

I have no idea what GA has previously testified. However, yesterday I felt he not only lied but lied big time.

IMO there is absolutely no way he believed that Casey had a job and Caylee went to a nanny all that time.

Caylee was almost 3 years old. There was no nanny. There was no job. So all that time Caylee was hanging out with Mommy when they were away from home and never said a word about what they did. Caylee at that young age not only was able to lie to cover up for Mommy but keep up the lie. No way.

Every kid I know at the age or even a few years old who is told not to tell....TELLS. They do not have the cognitive ability to lie and remember the lies. They do not have the cognitive ability to carry the lie beyond the lie.

"Don't tell Daddy I got a ticket." A child that age can remember not to tell that Mommy got a ticket. But they will tell someone about the policeman who came up to the car. They do not have the thought process to go beyond the lie. The adults who tell them to lie forget that.

IMO, I just cannot believe that.

I just finished watching his entire testimony.
There is something I find very very weird.
How come George and Cindy never asked Caylee about the nanny??stuff like is she nice,what games are you playing,etc?wouldn't you have been curious about how Caylee feels about her,how she treats your granddaughter?
doesn't make sense to me,it's not natural,normal.
I can understand that maybe they didn't wanna upset Casey,still....something bothers me re this.

My opinion is that they suspected some things were wrong,at least George did,but he didn't have the courage to confront Casey.He should have though,for Caylee's sake.MOO

I am not discrediting anyone on this thread-but I think we are over thinking a few oddities in GA's testimony. I am willing to bet that many many witnesses have some challenges when it comes to recalling something that happened over the course of the last 3 years. JMVHO.

We know there was no Zanny. Even if Caylee stated that she was visiting a Zanny, she was two-her mother could have taught her that this is her word for her babysitters....JMO.

I was unimpressed. Sorry, that's my take on it. I don't trust him. I don't think I trust anyone in that family.

I just had a thought. GA stated on the stand he had just heard ICAs accusations, yet Littman told Nancy they knew back in Feb what JB was doing.

Did I misunderstand this?

It was the detail...

The drowning theory has been out there... not the accusation that George was present when Caylee died.

The abuse allegations have been out there... but it was that LEE abused Casey and she "thought" that George "might have" done something similar to her when she was "much younger." Now there is THAT kind of detail?!

We had not heard what we heard in court.

Kimster, I think it was a polite attempt to call GA a liar without coming out and saying it.

I really thought he was just trying (successfully) to be a total @$$.

I thought he was just trying to be MEAN to George.
I thought he was acting like a child being a bully.
I have seen plenty of attorneys treat a witness as hostile... without the sarcasm, condescending, childish crap.

He wasn't even treating George as hostile. That was nice Baez?!
What is he going to do if he declares him a hostile witness later? :eek:

Baez just came across as an incompetent jerk.
And I LOVE sarcasm in almost any context. (Obviously.)

Baez asked GA if he has a problem with his vision, regarding not knowing she was pregnant at the time of the wedding. I'm wondering where he's going with this since I missed all of this testimony earlier today.

Baez totally harped on that point (and every other point) over and over.

"You have two kids, correct?"

"You had two kids at that point, correct?"

"You have no problems with your vision?"

I would have required a bottle of Vodka or serous medication to be on the stand with Baez questioning me like that. I would have been responding with the most sarcastic, facetious things you have ever heard.

It would not have been pretty and I would have probably been held in contempt.

But I likely would have had comebacks like "No, I thought you were the one with visions issues... since you look at this case and see any hope of an acquittal." :banghead:

I thought Baez made himself look like a total jerk. Especially because George showed more emotion about his Granddaughter than Casey does about her daughter. :(

Baez sat there and hammered away at him. Not a good idea... but you could tell he just does not like George. We already know the feeling is mutual... I wonder if George was vocal about it to Baez earlier in the case?

I am not discrediting anyone on this thread-but I think we are over thinking a few oddities in GA's testimony. I am willing to bet that many many witnesses have some challenges when it comes to recalling something that happened over the course of the last 3 years. JMVHO.

We know there was no Zanny. Even if Caylee stated that she was visiting a Zanny, she was two-her mother could have taught her that this is her word for her babysitters....JMO.

I agree.

I also think we need to remember that George CANNOT react... he cannot have an emotional outburst. If he allows himself to do so on the stand, he might do so while he is observing and that is not allowed. There is a sign right there that says so. It doesn't say "Unless your last name is Anthony."

There are going to be people that believe this. Once you accuse someone of doing that you can't undo it. This will impact Lee and George in the future at some point.

I was unimpressed. Sorry, that's my take on it. I don't trust him. I don't think I trust anyone in that family.

I am with you on this, I don't believe that the Anthony's have suddenly seen the light, I think this is all a part of the plan to get her a not guilty verdict.

Since we haven't heard from Lee yet, I think he is the one who will come in and say "yes" he at one time went into his sisters room and touched her inappropriately. That admission will give the jury a great deal of pause and will allow them to suspect that george's testimony is a lie and that KC's version of events is the truth. This is a pretty good plan all around because this way it gets her a not guilty and george will never be prosecuted for his role because he denies the whole thing and the prosecution won't change their stance and now go after him as being complicit.

George has displayed some pretty egregious behavior with the driving the billboard around to collecting "donations" to the weird couple who have been accused of philandering donations from other missing kids. The affair with that woman and getting her to give him thousands of dollars, I am sorry george IMO has zero credibility. His losing thousands of dollars to the ridiculous nigerian scam to not working all the while cindy is working day in and day out to keep a roof over her head and her daughter and granddaughter. KC is george's #1 disciple and I believe that he is the primary teacher to KC on how to scam and lie, esp to cindy.

In the end this lunatic family will go on their merry ole way and will write books, and go on the today show at regular intervals and turn this circus into the best money making scheme ever.

I watched part of GA testimony, however, I didn't catch a glimpse of the preggo photo. JB was holding it away from the view of the video camera. Anyway, with that said, I want to share that I was 16 and nearly 6 mos. pregnant before my mother figured it out. Additionally, I weighed only 100lbs pre-pregnancy (not sure of my weight at the time my mother confronted me.) My mother jokingly asked if I had a 'beer belly' (not that I drank). I was still wearing regular clothing at that time. I had carried quite small right to the end. My point is that I believe that GA didn't really know..though he likely became increasingly suspicious.

Even if the suspicion was there, we have come to learn ICA blew up at the parents anytime they confront or criticize her. I think old GA was Terrified to ask any questions/rock the boat...including who is Caylee's bio dad. Just seems a 'normal' parent would include that as one of the first questions...are you pregnant?, how far along?, who is the father? (assuming they don't know of a steady beau)

When it comes to ICA and CA, GA's been a complete doormat. :/

Baez questions GA about not knowing KC was pregnant at the wedding. That really is weird that they wouldn't know, I'm sure we all would agree.

So, now what happens to George is she gets a not guilty verdict?
I doubt the state would bother going after him.. but couldt he DT actually try to press charges?

@ helenann2k glad to meet you. I'm part-time here at best, more like a migrant poster.

In my opinion, George is a completely broken man. There is no doubt he loves his family and I don't think for a minute he knew of Caylee's death, or ever touched Casey inappropriately. He gave Casey his complete support, against all odds, for all the world to see, and she tries to point at her father to save her own skin.
I think he has decided it is out of his hands and he has no option but the truth, whether it sinks Casey or not.

Baez, of course, is trying to create reasonable doubt, he doesn't claim to have proof of his allegation so that George could be tried and convicted.

That was quick--hope it makes sense

You know, GA has always had a problem keeping his anger in check when presented with difficult situations. Such as protestors in front of his house,ZFG attorneys asking questions he didn't like etc. But today he keep his cool even after being accused of horrible things.Hes testimony seemed to me to be honest and matched previous statements he has made.
Remember when the Anthony's spent time in Baez's office a few weeks back?
What is the possibility that George was told then what they needed to do to instill doubt in a juror's mind?
During the Frye hearings, George told us all that he would do anything to save his daughter's life. Do you recall that?
Could it be that George did not lose his temper because he was in on the plan for the DY's OS?
Could it be he agreed to it in advance with the understanding that the state would come back and be able to take his true statement while under oath?

Good point, Ranch! GA went ballistic when Zanny's attorney (or was it the prosecution?) referred to Caylee's remains. We have seen him fly off the handle about some really petty things. Weird that he would stay cool in this situation where he is supposedly being thrown under the bus. :waitasec:
Not so weird if he was in on the plan for that os from baez though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back