Germany Germany - Inga Gehricke, 5, Stendal, Sachsen-Anhalt, 2 May 2015

Sorry guys. I translated several long articles last night then just didn't have the heart to post them because they all said the same thing;

Not a single trace of this child has been found. Not a footprint, not a scent. Nothing.

It seems as though the search of the original forest has ended and this morning police were deciding where it should go next.

One good thing that may come of this is that a missing kid's organization has said it wants to build a specialized, central unit to deal with cases nationwide.

I am just hoping police have searched ALL the residences where Inga was, very thoroughly. Including the cellars/storage areas that it almost certainly has.

German language as google's refusing to do any translations for me today.
http://mobil.stern.de/panorama/verm...stendal-bleibt-erfolglos-2192237.html?mobil=1

A woman visiting Berlin has said she saw Inga being led reluctantly by the hand by a dishevelled-looking man. The sighting is being investigated.

My own opinion is that this is a classic example of what happens when people are so desperate to help they 'see' missing people in the faces of others. It seems impossible a child whose photo appeared on the front pages of national media could be walking around the city of Berlin and only one person recognised her.

I hope I'm wrong though and Inga is alive.

http://m.bild.de/news/inland/vermis...in-maedchen-vermisst-40868898.bildMobile.html

She says she saw Inga Tuesday but only found out she was missing when she got back home and saw her photos in newspapers. As the sighting was in the subway, investigators are checking cctv.

I really hope this doesn't distract the search from around Stendal.

Are there any clearer photos of this baby? Instead of some vague one in which she's looking down?

By the way, I asked some SAR experts and they were kind enough to tell me that rain would not have washed Inga's scent away - it would remain in pools of water and K9s could still pick it up.

It is just very, very strange that Inga was supposedly with other children - who surely were able to point out roughly where they collected the firewood- but dogs found no scent at all?

Are there any clearer photos of this baby? Instead of some vague one in which she's looking down?

I haven't seen a single one, which is another strange thing. I suppose it could be that the parents are on scene and so don't have access to the family photos at home, I suppose....

by the way, i asked some sar experts and they were kind enough to tell me that rain would not have washed inga's scent away - it would remain in pools of water and k9s could still pick it up.

it is just very, very strange that inga was supposedly with other children - who surely were able to point out roughly where they collected the firewood- but dogs found no scent at all
?

yes this

Do we know how old the other children were that she was with, Zwie? Old enough to harm her? :( That doesn't seem likely if the dogs didn't pick up a scent, but if they carried her....

Or, an adult could have carried her.

Or, she could have been taken away in a car, hence, no scent.

Poor little girl. Poor parents.

Do we know how old the other children were that she was with, Zwie? Old enough to harm her? :( That doesn't seem likely if the dogs didn't pick up a scent, but if they carried her....

Or, an adult could have carried her.

Or, she could have been taken away in a car, hence, no scent.

Poor little girl. Poor parents.

I have only found vague details of the circumstances of her disappearance. For a long time, police seemed unsure saying only she 'probably' was collecting firewood. As the apartments she disappeared from houses people with mental disabilities, I wondered if she may have been with older kids, but who have a similar mental age to Inga? Maybe that's why info is so sparse.

I just don't like ANY of these circumstances. She is surrounded by people with mental health issues and recovering drug addicts. She runs into the woods at night with a random group of kids supposedly, but never returns, and no scent can be picked up? :no:

Her parents must be so devastated because this might not end well. My prayers go out to them. :candle:

This is awful, why is there no trace of the girl at all?

Was she collecting firewood with other children? Have the children said exactly where they were?
Such a scary situation!
Praying that there's some good news, but sadly the longer she's missing, the less likely that will be :(

I just don't like ANY of these circumstances. She is surrounded by people with mental health issues and recovering drug addicts. She runs into the woods at night with a random group of kids supposedly, but never returns, and no scent can be picked up? :no:

Her parents must be so devastated because this might not end well. My prayers go out to them. :candle:

Don't forget the nearby sex offenders facility....

It is strange zwiebel, I don't know why there is no trace of Inga at all!

Could she have been picked up and carried to a waiting vehicle? You would think someone would have seen something though, so I don't know.

I wonder who was the last person to see her? Was it the children? Are they all of a similar age or was there older children with her?

Very frustrating with no scent at all.

It is strange zwiebel, I don't know why there is no trace of Inga at all!

Could she have been picked up and carried to a waiting vehicle? You would think someone would have seen something though, so I don't know.

I wonder who was the last person to see her? Was it the children? Are they all of a similar age or was there older children with her?

Very frustrating with no scent at all.

I wonder if there are other adults who can back up the fact that Inga was actually even up there at all?

Or is that solely based on family reports? I'd love to know when/where a non-family member involved in this outing saw her.

Thanks for updates zwiebel - as always you're all over the media bringing in the information that matters - many thanks!

Im calling this suspicious.
Lillybell and others (sorry I cant get back through the thread right now to quote you) have said what I think also.
The possibility that she was taken.

If the dogs are not picking up a scent into the forest - then I don't think she went into the forest - and with no scent around where she was visiting - she may have been picked up off the ground and moved - and possibly into a vehicle or the boot of a vehicle - or she is up high somewhere - I hope they checked the roof interiors of the buildings and other out houses.

I noticed that people on the other posting forums that you hooked up too zwiebel have also mentioned the wolfs - but surely if she had been taken someone would have heard her scream.

How long was she missing before someone raised the alarm?

I really hope that she is found very soon.
Are there mechanical traps or pits in the forest that hunters lay out?

I wonder if there are other adults who can back up the fact that Inga was actually even up there at all?

Or is that solely based on family reports? I'd love to know when/where a non-family member involved in this outing saw her.

That was my thought as well. Has it been 100% confirmed that this sweet girl was even at the BBQ? The dogs haven't been able to track a scent for her at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back