Germany Germany - Inga Gehricke, 5, Stendal, Sachsen-Anhalt, 2 May 2015

I'm trying to find out the status of any physical searches, if there are still any. Other than that, no new news aside from what Lilibet kindly mentioned above, that surveillance footage from the Berlin subway did not back up the woman's claims to have seen Inga.

As far as hunting goes, I've only ever seen hundreds of tall wooden hides, where hunters shoot wildlife from. I don't think any kind of large traps are used, or even legal.

Which has given me an idea....I wonder if any hides in that forest have been thoroughly checked too? Not just for Inga, but possible evidence she or someone else had been in there recently. Those things really creep me out.

http://www.berliner-kurier.de/panor...i-erhaelt-mehr-hinweise,7169224,30663530.html

Bumping for Inga.
It's been 10 days. I really can't see this having a happy outcome.

As far as hunting goes, I've only ever seen hundreds of tall wooden hides, where hunters shoot wildlife from. I don't think any kind of large traps are used, or even legal.

Traps and pits are illegal in all the European Union countries.

Zwiebel, is this story all over the German press like it would be if it were in the UK?

Zwiebel, is this story all over the German press like it would be if it were in the UK?

Like Maddie McCann? I hope this isn't another unsolved mystery. :(

Here is a story from the Danish press.

Every square meter in the forest, which is the size of about 5,000 football fields, has been raided by no less than 1,000 police officers, firefighters, Red Cross workers and other helpers. 40 sniffer dogs have also been started. Helicopters with heat-seeking cameras have been sent into the air. A whole pond in the woods has been emptied of water.

All this as part of the desperate hunt for even the slightest traces of Inga. But there are no footprints, no lost belongings, no signs of struggle with animals, no lost branches. Nothing.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ige-inga-forsvundet-paa-10.-doegn&prev=search

From another Danish article today, a little more detail and speculation by German police.

BBM
Although it is still unclear what has happened with the 5-year-old Inga Gehricke, leaning German police most to the little girl has been kidnapped.

The assumption based on the fact that there is still not found any clues in the area where Inga Gehricke disappeared. A police spokesman says according to Bild, there is evidence that the offender in this case knows the area well, since he has not left us some clues.

"The logic suggests that the perpetrator must have known the area well. He has discreetly kidnapped a child from a large facility with 150 people in the woods without a trace, "says the German police, according to Bild.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ige-inga-forsvundet-paa-10.-doegn&prev=search

According to this article published 5/13, police have set up a website for Inga. I think the website may have been set up for awhile because I noticed on a crime forum Zwie linked earlier that there was a lot of discussion about the fact that the site didn't list the jeans she was pictured wearing. They wondered if it was an oversight or intentional. They also discussed her shoes in detail. Sounds like WS. :)

http://translate.google.com/transla...Inga-Internetseite-zur-Suche.html&prev=search

You will need to access the website from the article. I can't get it to link. My apologies if it has been posted earlier.

Oh dear

Finally the word kidnapped is used.
I have been feeling this for awhile

This is scary. I don't like the proximity to the sex offenders

Here's a FB link. Is this the one? I'm not on FB.

https://de-de.facebook.com/mzwebde/posts/10153332298882608

Inga's case is dying on its feet as far as I can see. German police, as usual, have released just about zero information to the public. As a result, just about zero info has come in. Little Inga looks like she'll be missing in the forest forever. If she was my child, I'd be racing to the media.

Digital displays in 19 cities and a website, Wo ist Inga. But note, no additional info about the circumstances of her disappearance released. :(

http://translate.google.de/translat...schaltet-anzeigen_id_4678976.html&prev=search

They seem very tight lipped about the details surrounding her disappearance

Do we even know for sure who actually saw her last?

BBM

Their silence about details tells me that they know more than we think and are being cautious while they investigate. I don't believe we've been told who saw her last. We only heard about going to gather wood with other kids. This reminds me of the investigation when Jenise Wright disappeared in Washington and an older teen was later arrested. LE was very quiet.

It sounds like they have their top people on it. If she can be found, I think she will be. JMO
The investigation team to search for the missing persons will be managed from the top criminologists police headquarters Saxony-Anhalt North. The 53-year-old Kriminaldirektor Holger Herrmann was entrusted according to the police with the management of its current 30-member investigation team "Forest".

http://translate.google.de/translat...schaltet-anzeigen_id_4678976.html&prev=search

By the way, I asked some SAR experts and they were kind enough to tell me that rain would not have washed Inga's scent away - it would remain in pools of water and K9s could still pick it up.

It is just very, very strange that Inga was supposedly with other children - who surely were able to point out roughly where they collected the firewood- but dogs found no scent at all?

The lack of scent makes me think she was carried to a car. :(

Thank you zwiebel for keeping us up to date on little Inga. Are there any new updates today? It really is concerning that the dogs have picked up no scent at all, according to your previous posts. It makes me wonder if she was there at all. Wonder if her scent was picked up right in the picnic area or if any witnesses other than family remembered seeing her there. If she was there, it sounds like she was either carried away somewhere or carried to a vehicle as Inthedetails mentioned above.

I hope there is some good news today for this precious little girl.

Thank you zwiebel for keeping us up to date on little Inga. Are there any new updates today? It really is concerning that the dogs have picked up no scent at all, according to your previous posts. It makes me wonder if she was there at all. Wonder if her scent was picked up right in the picnic area or if any witnesses other than family remembered seeing her there. If she was there, it sounds like she was either carried away somewhere or carried to a vehicle as Inthedetails mentioned above.

I hope there is some good news today for this precious little girl.

dogs aren't infallible, there have been quite a few cases where no scent was picked up but the body was found or evidence found not to far away

The details (and lack thereof) around this case feel awfully strange. I hope this is only because LE wants to keep things close to the vest to avoid spooking any suspects before (hopefully) making a move.

Is it common for parents to let young children roam without an adult present these days? I'm by no means a helicopter parent, but the thought of allowing my own 5yo to disappear from my sight without a trusted adult is not one I'd entertain.

The details (and lack thereof) around this case feel awfully strange. I hope this is only because LE wants to keep things close to the vest to avoid spooking any suspects before (hopefully) making a move.

Is it common for parents to let young children roam without an adult present these days? I'm by no means a helicopter parent, but the thought of allowing my own 5yo to disappear from my sight without a trusted adult is not one I'd entertain.

BBM

Unfortunately, pedophiles often masquerade as a "trusted adult" or older teen, someone the family is comfortable allowing their child to accompany. Again, Jenise Wright comes to mind. Her rapist/killer turned out to be an older teen neighbor who had been mentored by her Dad and spent lots of time with the family. A seemingly good kid from a nice family.

So I can't honestly say that Inga's parents were necessarily lax. Naive in hindsight if they allowed her to go off with the big kids...perhaps. Even if she didn't go into the woods, I can see how very conscientious parents could lose track of a five year old just long enough for her to be abducted. It only takes seconds.

All JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back