Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the official new dates till October. The trial will last much longer.
„Betreffend das Verfahren 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), welches am 16. Februar 2024 (s. gesonderte Pressevorschau für 2 KLs 15/22) begonnen hat, sind – vorbehaltlich einer Entscheidung über eine Aussetzung des Verfahrens – weitere Fortsetzungstermine anberaumt worden auf:

Fortsetzungstermine:

Freitag, 05. Juli 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Montag, 05. August 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Donnerstag, 15. August, 09:00 Uhr
Freitag, 16. August 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Donnerstag, 05. September 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Donnerstag, 26.September 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Freitag, 27. September 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Mittwoch, 02. Oktober 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Montag, 07. Oktober 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Dienstag, 08. Oktober 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Montag, 21. Oktober 2024, 09:00 Uhr
Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2024, 09:00 Uhr
voraussichtlich: jeweils Saal 141

Es wird darauf hingewiesen, dass die Übersicht der Termine nicht verbindlich ist. Etwaige Änderungen sind dem Aushang im Gericht zu entnehmen und werden von der Pressestelle zusätzlich mittels Pressemitteilung bekanntgeben.״

Google translate.

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Chamber in connection with five acts against sexual self-determination - file number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) - further continuation dates
Regarding the proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), which began on February 16, 2024 (see separate press preview for 2 KLs 15/22), there are further continuation dates - subject to a decision on a suspension of the proceedings been scheduled for:

Continuation dates:

Friday, July 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Monday, August 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Thursday, August 15, 9:00 a.m

Friday, August 16, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Thursday, September 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Thursday, September 26, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Friday, September 27, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Wednesday, October 2, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Monday, October 7, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Tuesday, October 8, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Monday, October 21, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Tuesday, October 22, 2024, 9:00 a.m

expected: each room 141

Please note that the list of dates is not binding. Any changes can be found on the notice board in the court and will also be announced by the press office via a press release.

I don't disagree with you regarding the absence of any police report at the time in the case of the elderly victim. That is odd that such a brutal attack was never reported. The young girl less so, for ^the reasons stated earlier. But no report doesn't equal no occurrence, because of all the issues that prevent woman coming forward when something like this happens. That has to be taken into account imo. Additionally, the elderly woman (if she was, say, mid 70s at the time) may well have passed away since which could account for her not responding to the appeal.

I don't necessarily disagree with you either as far as potential motivation on the part of HeB and MS (the revenge angle, let's say) but, and it's big but, the MO of the attack on the elderly woman mirrors very closely the attack on both the known rape victims, DM and HaB. And that account predates the DM trial. I'm not saying I think CB is guilty (since I have no idea if he is or not), I'm just looking at the evidence as it stands and as we know it to date.

I still doubt that either of the two video cases will result in a conviction though.
The older woman was allegedly beaten on the chest with a ruler. Do you know what similarities are? Can you point me to source please?

The older woman was allegedly beaten on the chest with a ruler. Do you know what similarities are? Can you point me to source please?

A metal flexible object, if we go by here (scroll over to last screen page)

In all three cases, masked assailant, knife, victim tied up, blindfolded, raped, whipped, videoed.
HaB said the description of DM's attack was a carbon copy of her own.
HeB and MS said the video footage they viewed featured an elderly woman tied up, blindfolded, whipped and raped.

Google translate.

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Chamber in connection with five acts against sexual self-determination - file number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) - further continuation dates
Regarding the proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), which began on February 16, 2024 (see separate press preview for 2 KLs 15/22), there are further continuation dates - subject to a decision on a suspension of the proceedings been scheduled for:

Continuation dates:

Friday, July 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Monday, August 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Thursday, August 15, 9:00 a.m

Friday, August 16, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Thursday, September 5, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Thursday, September 26, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Friday, September 27, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Wednesday, October 2, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Monday, October 7, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Tuesday, October 8, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Monday, October 21, 2024, 9:00 a.m

Tuesday, October 22, 2024, 9:00 a.m

expected: each room 141

Please note that the list of dates is not binding. Any changes can be found on the notice board in the court and will also be announced by the press office via a press release.
Speculation I know but with the extra dates has the defence been granted it's request to hear extra witnesses.

In all three cases, masked assailant, knife, victim tied up, blindfolded, raped, whipped, videoed.
HeB and MS said the video footage they viewed featured an elderly woman tied up, blindfolded, whipped and raped.
It seems compelling.

Violence and trying to remain unidentified would seem to be commonplace with stranger rapes - no?

HaB’s and DM’s were also quite different. DM was only very briefly raped during a short attack. HaB was repeatedly raped over several hours.

After MS’s testimony, I don’t think we can even be certain CB was the perp in the older woman’s attack.

I am not saying that HeB and MS didn’t view footage they acquired at the farmhouse but what they say they saw could have been embellished to implicate CB if they had motivations to do so.

It will be interesting to see how the arguments go in court.

HeB and MS said the video footage they viewed featured an elderly woman tied up, blindfolded, whipped and rape

CB himself told a friend that he had raped someone while wearing diving goggles

people can say anything. The important thing is if it is true. Will it be repeated under oath before judges.

Did he? I'm not so sure he did. Are you referring to something that was said on a Spiegel TV interview, maybe?

The revelations came in a documentary broadcast by Spiegel TV which included an interview with a friend, identified only as Bjorn R, who revealed Brueckner's bizarre behaviour while he lived in Portugal. "Alcohol sometimes loosened his tongue. He said that he was in Portugal and he got in everywhere and stole cameras," he said. "In order not to be recognised where there were cameras, he took off his clothes and put on diving goggles so he wouldn't be recognised."

That's not the same thing as saying he told a friend he raped someone while wearing diving goggles.

Ref to above quote here - Maddie suspect kept kids' clothes in his motorhome

people can say anything. The important thing is if it is true. Will it be repeated under oath before judges.

Yes, and because there have been so many 'sensational' accounts of things CB has allegedly said to various criminal associates of his and random people he met in pubs over the years, these alleged admissions can't be treated as evidence of anything in isolation. As you say, anyone can say anything. If all these random people are listed as witnesses, then the judge, with all the facts at his fingertips, will decide (a) if they're credible or not and (b) invite the credible (on paper) ones to give an account of themselves in court.

The only accounts that can be taken as fact imo are those provided by the victims.

Last edited:
Is this alleged friend going to testify to such?

I would think so , it’s been brought up before and is on record , unsure if it was used in the DM case .
Did he? I'm not so sure he did. Are you referring to something that was said on a Spiegel TV interview, maybe?

That's not the same thing as saying he told a friend he raped someone while wearing diving goggles.

Ref to above quote here - Maddie suspect kept kids' clothes in his motorhome

HeB mentions it very recently as well in the 60 mins documentary .

HeB mentions it very recently as well in the 60 mins documentary .

Yes. this is where it originated from, his and MS's testimony, what he and MS claimed they saw on the alleged video footage they viewed of what turned out to be the unknown elderly victim on the current charge sheet. That's where the 'diving goggle' claim comes from. It didn't originate from CB, as suggested earlier, is the point. It remains hearsay.

Let's just wait and let the judge with the facts do the business here.

Last edited:
Yes. this is where it originated from, his and MS's testimony, what he and MS claimed they saw on the alleged video footage they viewed of what turned out to be the unknown elderly victim on the current charge sheet. That's where the 'diving goggle' claim comes from. It didn't originate from CB, as suggested earlier, is the point. It remains hearsay.

Let's just wait and let the judge with the facts do the business here.

IIRC one of the guys who saw the video claimed he saw similar goggles at CBs house.

IIRC one of the guys who saw the video claimed he saw similar goggles at CBs house.

Could well be, it's hard to know with any real accuracy the full extent of what both have said as so much of it has got muddled up in the reporting over the years - eg. DM's attack (no video evidence) continuing to this day to be confused with the alleged video footage as seen by HeB and MS of the attack on the unknown elderly victim (the one in which CB removed his mask at the end).

Could well be, it's hard to know with any real accuracy the full extent of what both have said as so much of it has got muddled up in the reporting over the years - eg. DM's attack (no video evidence) continuing to this day to be confused with the alleged video footage as seen by HeB and MS of the attack on the unknown elderly victim (the one in which CB removed his mask at the end).
Did MS mention it in his testimony if not then it's left to HeB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500