Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDee

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Our WS member morf13 is an established contact of Tricia's and a very reliable and trusted source.

In real life morf13 is Mike Morford, who is the host of the Citizen Detective true crime podcast, along with his co-hosts Dr. Lee Mellor and Naama Kates.

As a highly regarded and trusted source, Morf13 is not required to provide links to what he states as fact about this case.

ADMIN NOTE:

This man's family, his wife and daughter (and the daughter's art) are off limits for sleuthing. It's fine to discuss what is said about them or by them in MSM, but to sleuth out their information and/or post links to their social media or online persona is absolutely against Websleuths TOS. Members who continue to do so will find themselves on a thread ban.

This is Websleuths 101 ... read The Rules and you won't have any problems.

Thank you.

I have been archiving everything LISK since 2010.

New sub-album i've begun but I am days behind in saving the info.

JUSTICE! Arrest For Gilgo Beach L.I.S.K. Victims:

The main Case Archive, since 2010 (971 files):

Sub-section, Shannan Gilbert (567 files):

Sub-section, Manorville (68files):

Sub-section, After 10 years, Will there be Justice? (141 files):

Please check it out. I've spent years building this Case Archive.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

The Report feature is for violations of Websleuths TOS.

Please don't send Reports because you don't like what another member has said or because you disagree with them, or if it's "misinformation", or just because you want us to know how you feel about the case. These are not Reportable violations of TOS.

As for "misinformation" regarding specifics, that is something that can be respectfully worked out through discussion on the thread. WS staff have thousands of threads and don't necessarily know all the fine details of every single case and we don't have time to be searching for what is or is not 100% accurate.

Thank you.

Hey everyone,

At this time Shannan Gilbert is not included as being one of Heuermann's victims. It's fine to make mention of her or any of the other victims as possibly related but please don't flood the thread with extensive discussion of the specifics of those other cases.

There are numerous threads dedicated specifically to each of the victims, so if you wish to delve more deeply into one of those cases, just go to the top of this page and click on the parent forum called "Long Island Serial Killer".

Thanks !!

ADMIN POST:

Many posts have had to be removed. Discussion of the Russell Williams case is causing confusion and derailing the thread.

Please stay on topic by discussing the case at hand.

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed.

Please stop with the derogatory name calling, name variations .. all of which are violations of Websleuths TOS.

Not only do Mods have to remove the initial violation, but then have to go through all subsequent pages and posts to find and remove the entire discussion.

MOD NOTE:

General fundraising discussion is not allowed. The ONLY part of a fundraiser account that is allowed for discussion is if there are previously unknown specifics/facts contained in the introduction (NOT COMMENTS) that relate directly to the case.

Speculation about why family members set up the account, the funds raised or what those funds may or may not be used for are off limits. Discuss the case, not the peripheral issues of fundraising. (And remember the wife is a victim per TOS and can't be sleuthed)

ADMIN NOTE:

LE has stated RH's wife was out of country when the murders occurred. Regardless of what John Ray has to say, unless named a POI/suspect by LE, Websleuths "Victim Friendly" rules stipulate that family of the accused are considered victims.

Do not disparage, insinuate, make direct or indirect accusations against people who are not an officially named POI/suspect.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

I see his fashion choices as perhaps flaunting himself like a peacock.

But when has he offered information that has not proven helpful? I'm talking substance, not style.

MOO
BBM above - here is an example

Here is Johnny Ray again on newsnation with Brian Entin - take a listen

A few comments-

1. He starts off by saying Asa is conning everybody and she has for years
Uses an example that her husband makes plenty of money - these are not poor people - but she uses food stamps.
(JR knows all about the son's disabilities/eligibilty and food stamps but he wants you to believe that Asa is scamming the system)
Disingenuous at Best - not helpful
2. Then he goes into: you cannot tell me that they live in that little tiny house and how could she possibly in this day and age not have known that Rex was a serial killer. Says it overwhelming possible that she and the other adults in the house (aka the KIDS) knew very well what was going on in that house with Rex and sex in the basement ( still not sure even if that were true that means he is a killer and furthermore that would make his family think he was a killer)
What? - not helpful
3. Says Asa and kids never expressed sympathy for the dead girls /for what their father has done - he prob knows better than most that they were most likely told to not say anything like that by legal counsel-and btw innocent until proven guilty etc - but he says it points to their guilt
What? - not helpful

Finally under What? -not helpful - his very very credible witness who is not coming forward "at this time" who he personally "examined" (not interviewed but examined - his words) for hours. This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

IMO Put up or shut up IMO JR. If Asa/kids are complicit aren't you obligated to do the right thing and bring it to LE, don't shovel innuendo on newsnation.

I do notice in listening to him that he takes care to walk a thin line when making all his statements. He says "What I hear" "What I have been told ".

It is clear to me that he wants the family classified as "suspects" so any money can be frozen to preserve it for his clients. He's shady - but he does have a strategy and end game.

So maybe @Ruminations you are correct that what he does could prove helpful - helpful to his clients - its just not necessarily based upon anything in the realm of factual information nor actually helpful to the investigation at this point.

ALL JMO

I find this wrong on so many levels. From the concept, to the designs, to the choice of models. This is horrific imo.
I didn’t like them either I found it appalling. I love the idea of fundraising for sex workers but the photos made me think of thorns or barbed wire around their necks, particularly Shannan.

BBM above - here is an example

Here is Johnny Ray again on newsnation with Brian Entin - take a listen

A few comments-

1. He starts off by saying Asa is conning everybody and she has for years
Uses an example that her husband makes plenty of money - these are not poor people - but she uses food stamps.
(JR knows all about the son's disabilities/eligibilty and food stamps but he wants you to believe that Asa is scamming the system)

Disingenuous at Best - not helpful
2. Then he goes into: you cannot tell me that they live in that little tiny house and how could she possibly in this day and age not have known that Rex was a serial killer. Says it overwhelming possible that she and the other adults in the house (aka the KIDS) knew very well what was going on in that house with Rex and sex in the basement ( still not sure even if that were true that means he is a killer and furthermore that would make his family think he was a killer)
What? - not helpful
3. Says Asa and kids never expressed sympathy for the dead girls /for what their father has done - he prob knows better than most that they were most likely told to not say anything like that by legal counsel-and btw innocent until proven guilty etc - but he says it points to their guilt
What? - not helpful

Finally under What? -not helpful - his very very credible witness who is not coming forward "at this time" who he personally "examined" (not interviewed but examined - his words) for hours. This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

IMO Put up or shut up IMO JR. If Asa/kids are complicit aren't you obligated to do the right thing and bring it to LE, don't shovel innuendo on newsnation.

I do notice in listening to him that he takes care to walk a thin line when making all his statements. He says "What I hear" "What I have been told ".

It is clear to me that he wants the family classified as "suspects" so any money can be frozen to preserve it for his clients. He's shady - but he does have a strategy and end game.

So maybe @Ruminations you are correct that what he does could prove helpful - helpful to his clients - its just not necessarily based upon anything in the realm of factual information nor actually helpful to the investigation at this point.

ALL JMO
There is no evidence connecting rH to either of his clients afaik.
This does nothing for his clients.
There is plenty to be done for his clients, a fact he appears to ignore or he doesn't know about it yet?

I'd really like to see his clients receiving better representation, they deserve that, not this hysterical nonsense.

I agree that AE and family need to be careful about the focus on them and the condition of the house, but I suspect their attorney has advised them not to speak publicly about the victims and the case against her husband.

They have been thrust into the spotlight through no fault of their own, and can't be expected to know how to deal with the situation, especially so quickly.

Not an enviable situation.

I realize I'm not finished all the thread yet, however, it has passed my mind a time or two on other killer's homes tore apart in the past..

Meaning.... if RH lived a single life, then we would be hearing people in the media yelling: "Tear that house up, tear it up, tear it up, find that evidence!!" He does have a bail document stacked against him. He hasn't been called the Long Island Serial Killer in the news for nothing.

Because he has family that didn't know about his double life, it doesn't negate that he has been arrested for heinous crimes that stretch decades in time across Long Island.

In 2016 my family and I stayed with friends in Massapequa. One night we had a big get together. It didn't take long for this serial killer to come up in their conversations. It may have been 2016 but, believe you me, they still lived in fear...

The house was searched/tore up for a reason: searching for evidence.

As serial killers are caught we will see their homes searched and tore up.

Do I approve of how bad it was? I have no opinion one way or another

Couldn't it be horrific for the family and necessary for the investigation at the same time?

MOO

[snipped by me]

We can't forget the state the home was reportedly in from the start. Reports indicated LE was at that home for such an extended time precisely bc of the clutter and garbage everywhere. A colleague of RH gave an account of seeing his vehicle one time loaded up to the dashboard with trash.

Not getting into the fray here. Just trying to point out that everything is relative. It's easy for these attys to claim this now and show the pictures, and I'm sure there was damage done, but I am inclined to believe that the bulk of the disaster (and imo, the significant disrepair and neglect) predated any visit from SCPD.

jmo
They've been back in the home for several days now (can't find a date on the stories) maybe as much as 2 weeks. Now, I realize she has cancer, but there are two young people there who could have been put to work moving things around and straightening up the house. Isn't that what most folks would do -- work on their own house?

Smith, the Northport attorney, said his first witness in any trial would be the detective who, in the early days of the investigation, “discounted or didn’t forward the information” of the witness who claimed to have seen a Chevrolet Avalanche at Costello’s home on the day before she was last seen alive.

“I’d focus on the one witness [investigators] came up with 10 years ago,” Smith said, adding it appeared that "nobody paid attention to that witness. Even the witness said the case could have been solved 10 years ago.”

Levin said he’d also quiz investigators on whether they interviewed all clients of the victims, including “tracing the girls’ last calls and who called them.”

Smith, the Northport attorney, said his first witness in any trial would be the detective who, in the early days of the investigation, “discounted or didn’t forward the information” of the witness who claimed to have seen a Chevrolet Avalanche at Costello’s home on the day before she was last seen alive.

“I’d focus on the one witness [investigators] came up with 10 years ago,” Smith said, adding it appeared that "nobody paid attention to that witness. Even the witness said the case could have been solved 10 years ago.”

Levin said he’d also quiz investigators on whether they interviewed all clients of the victims, including “tracing the girls’ last calls and who called them.”
now we have 4.
Great!

I have no problem with the adult son qualifying for SNAP and using the benefit he is entitled to.
I also think there is a good chance that the family is strapped for cash. I’m not sure that RH gave his wife independent access to “his” money.

Because I honestly can’t imagine returning to that house - not only because of the condition, but also because of the events that may have taken place there - if I had another option.

My takeaways from the press conference are: 1. that the family is broke and do not have a habitable residence, 2. they have had no communication or contact with LE. 3. they have no way to contact RH. He needs to contact them.

I am starting wonder if that press conference had a dual purpose.
In an uncontested divorce, the two parties need to agree on how to divide the money. And I believe uncontested can become contested up until the judge signs off on the paperwork.

That second point in particular seems like something I would want my future ex husband who is currently in prison to know so that he doesn’t decide to hold up the divorce or revisit the division of assets. Obviously wild speculation and JMO.

[snipped by me]

I don't believe he said this. I'd have to watch the clip again but I got the impression that the information was, in fact, passed on. I would not expect LE to discuss it of course though.

jmo
There is no reason to believe Ray did not share this information with LE. That he's doing an interview circuit suggests to me he doesn't like what LE did with the information.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member