Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> She's already stated through her lawyer that she had no inkling of anything amiss in her 27 years of marriage (and who knows how long they knew each other before marriage). What would you propose the topic of this book might be?

Some spouses in unhealthy relationships are accustomed to the dynamic and over time they believe it’s normal. An indirect passive aggressive approach to wearing the victim spouse down by letting it happen without any regard for her and the marriage.

She could be an example of this type of gaslighting. After deprogramming from a life with him she may eventually have a different perspective. Things could mentally come to the surface that were subconsciously suppressed. A book can be therapeutic and helpful to other silenced individuals.

I most agree with this sentiment. And fear that some recent topics and discussions are driving others away or afar.

The fact of the matter is there isn’t much actual “news” right now in the primary facts of the case. In my opinion, there’s no point trying to control what other people are going to post about during an information lull like this, assuming it falls within the site’s posting rules. If one wants conversation on topic “B” rather than topic “A”, it’s better to just create conversational opportunities about topic “B”. Shaming people for discussing topic “A” just draws more attention to it.

JMO.

The retired cop pointed out that Adams was missing the hyoid bone in her neck and 13 teeth.

“We didn’t know if she was choked,” the investigator said.

[Snipped/BBM] Very interesting. Look at this:

Felicita Figueroa... spent more than 30 years believing her aunt might have been a victim of serial killer Joel Rifkin, until [RH] was arrested ..,
... her 29-year-old aunt, Carmen Vargas, was dumped on the side of the Meadowbrook Parkway in the summer of 1989. The location is roughly 8 miles from the house where Rex Heuermann, the accused Gilgo killer, was raised and where his family still lives. “She was really little,” Figueroa said of her petite aunt. “She walked the streets.”

Figueroa showed PIX11 News the image of her aunt’s skull, which was missing some teeth. She asked the detective about it.“He said ‘whatever happened that night, she fought,'” Figueroa said. “Because three of her teeth were knocked out.” Figueroa also said that a portion of her aunt’s hyoid bone was missing in her neck."

rbbm.
BY DANIEL DE VISÉ 08/30/23
''Rex Heuermann, a Long Island architect arrested this summer in the highly publicized Gilgo Beach murders, may go down as one of last in a vanishing species of American criminal.

Hundreds of serial killers roamed the nation in the 1980s and 1990s, captivating the public imagination and inspiring such popular culture brands as the film “Silence of the Lambs” and the television series “Dexter.”

''The number of victims dropped from 404 in 1987 to an estimated 36 in 2019, according to researchers at Radford and Florida Gulf Coast universities. They cautioned that the latest number may be low, however, because of the lag time in identifying serial killers. ''

“Organized killers, they like to read about serial killers,” Hargrove said. “And they are paying attention, and they are aware that the science has gotten way better, and they recognize that they’re taking ever-increasing risks by doing what they do.”
Forensic science has become so accurate and fine tuned that, in my opinion, once the authorities have a name and start checking on a person, if that person has done anything, it CAN be found. That should be daunting enough to stop most people.

rbbm.
BY DANIEL DE VISÉ 08/30/23
''Rex Heuermann, a Long Island architect arrested this summer in the highly publicized Gilgo Beach murders, may go down as one of last in a vanishing species of American criminal.

Hundreds of serial killers roamed the nation in the 1980s and 1990s, captivating the public imagination and inspiring such popular culture brands as the film “Silence of the Lambs” and the television series “Dexter.”

''The number of victims dropped from 404 in 1987 to an estimated 36 in 2019, according to researchers at Radford and Florida Gulf Coast universities. They cautioned that the latest number may be low, however, because of the lag time in identifying serial killers. ''

“Organized killers, they like to read about serial killers,” Hargrove said. “And they are paying attention, and they are aware that the science has gotten way better, and they recognize that they’re taking ever-increasing risks by doing what they do.”

The presence of surveillance cameras has made it more difficult for such predators to hunt. Phone tracking technology is also making it easier for police to capture killers before they kill again.

“It was common in the ‘70s and ‘80s to hitchhike; we know how vulnerable people are when they get into somebody's car,” she continues.

'Aug 30, 2023
The clue that led police to the alleged Long Island Serial Killer was in their files for 13 years before being revived and leading to the arrest of Rex Heuermann. Nancy Grace speaks with Rob Trotta, former Suffolk County Police officer and current Long Island Legislator about how years of alleged police problems and corruption caused delays in finding the man police say killed at least 3 women and likely more.'

“I am incredibly passionate about this story and am grateful to Netflix for supporting the continuation of my work in remembering Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman, Amber Costello, Maureen Brainard-Barnes and also Shannan Gilbert, whose disappearance led to the discovery of the Gilgo Beach victims, and the other potentially connected cases.”

I will say what others may not. It is my opinion only. Please consider the source. This is a person who filed a claim and is currently trying to receive a settlement. The best thing that could happen would be to learn that LE PHOTOGRAPHED that home as it was when they entered it because I believe maybe 1/10th of what I've been seeing. It seems to get more and more ramped up.

This is MOO.

ETA: After I made this post I came to see that some other have in fact said the same.

I just had a thought about this.

As many have said, of course LE photographed everything, did a video walk though, continued photographing and videoing their progress as they scraped their way through layers of possessions, looking for evidence.

The photos themselves may contain evidence to murder, of course.

But the same photos may also contain proof that LE is not responsible for needlessly soiling the house.

Yet the same photos may contain evidence for murder.

It could be a very long time before all discovery is shared. It could be very valuable to Rex's defense to see those photos asap. Plus photos of what was NOT damaged, thus revealing evidence of a hiding place not found by LE.

When would these photos be exchanged? Why, in discovery for a lawsuit such as that Macedonia is setting up now, with a notice of claim.

Hmmmm. I'm wondering if Spota's pal Macedonia is really there to support Spota in suppressing evidence.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member