Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths 101 folks !!

One of the fundamental WS principles that members sign up for when joining the site is our Victim Friendly policy that also extends to family members of a suspect.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed - not victim friendly>

I've been re-reading the bail document and I'm in awe of the detective work. It took the Task Force 8 weeks to do the labor of 16+ years.

And in all that time, the victims' families languished without answers...

Last edited by a moderator:

The alleged encounters with the two female sex workers are believed to have happened more than a decade ago, said DiStefano, noting the women expressed concern for their safety during the time they say they were with Heuermann.

The information was uncovered as part of ongoing interviews by the Suffolk County Sheriff's Department human trafficking unit, which was created to help those incarcerated have access to services and support they need to recover.

Since Heuermann's July 13 arrest, the unit has been interviewing sex workers, as well as showing a picture of Heuermann to women, to see if they recall any interactions with him.

So far, five women have given information considered helpful to authorities, DiStefano said.

The unit, which started in 2018, is also working with the Nassau County jail and Rikers Island in New York CIty to see if other connections with Heuermann exist.

I am skeptical about how the Macedonia/AE relationship came to be. Imoo, he likely solicited her, not the other way around.
I speculate that when RH was arrested and Brown became his attorney, initially AE was asking questions of RH's attorney and he couldn't help her but referred her to Macedonia as a possible attorney who could represent her. Brown and Macedonia were partners in a law firm in the past, and so that would seem to be a natural referral, especially with Macedonia doing work in the area of family law and divorce.

IMO

I speculate that when RH was arrested and Brown became his attorney, initially AE was asking questions of RH's attorney and he couldn't help her but referred her to Macedonia as a possible attorney who could represent her. Brown and Macedonia were partners in a law firm in the past, and so that would seem to be a natural referral, especially with Macedonia doing work in the area of family law and divorce.

IMO

Ohhhh. Didn't know that. Interesting.

Your example shows all the more reason for LE to find a safe place for the cats, so they can be fed and watered and not underfoot or neglected like you described. Apparently the cats were looked after at the animal shelter and are back home with them now -- safe and sound. MOO.
My assumption from the start was that the cats were removed because LE was constantly in and out of the house. You can leash or tether a dog, you can't do that with a cat (in most cases). It's quite possible the family only had 1 cat carrier just for vet visits. I've had 3 cats before and only one carrier for that reason. (note: ideally, you should always have 1 carrier for each cat in case of emergencies).

Anyway, the cats were removed to a place they could be safely contained, and the family quickly got them back, so it's a non-story, imo.

Anyway, the cats were removed to a place they could be safely contained, and the family quickly got them back, so it's a non-story, imo.
The original post was supposed to be about the horrible, misleading journalism of that article. You see what it became. And it was my fault, I wander too far afield.

<modsnip - quoted post and response were removed>

<modsnip - namecalling>

When there are posts repeating or linking news stories to exagerated slights or inconveniences...

When these tales of woe are about discrediting LE doing their investigative work...

When the <modsnip - namecalling> lawyer happens to have gotten off of serious financial crimes and landed on his feet with a bitty conviction thanks to Spota, currently incarcerated for using his strong SC DA arms to obstruct justice....

...I feel like this is a very important part of LISK. For one thing, it is a continuation of Spota et a l's work interfering with the investigation of LISK.

Yet it is difficult to call out the attempts to discredit harmful narratives thrown around like:

There is something wrong with LE doing a lawful search
LE nearly got the victim's cats euthanized
LE forced the victim to live in a rental car

<modsnip - discussing moderation on the thread>

Then, to further make this happen, the same attorneys are making exaggerated claims about the victims troubles. For example, she can get Cobra Or Medicaid. If it is even true that Rex's own business can't continue to pay her premiums. I thought a family member was wrapping up business matters for Rex's business; just pay the premiums for a year. If the attorneys were worried about her interests, they'd be fighting to make sure those premiums get paid, not claiming a fact that the insurance is ending.

Then, they never highlight the most likable things about the victim...like that she showed spunk to the press, and her neighbors. BBQ in her front yard? That's hilariously edgy, but the attorneys don't talk about her strengths. They talk about her mental health, as if she's the crazy one. They never mention any of her concern for the murdered victims.

IMO, the reason they put the victim down as needing to take care of her mental health is so that she will be weakened and not notice that they are suing so THEY will get a paycheck for the lawsuit. That paycheck is in addition to whatever they are getting for their work discrediting the investigation. Maybe the <modsnip - namecalling>lawyer has never properly thanked Spota for keeping him out of jail.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post and response were removed>

<modsnip - namecalling>

When there are posts repeating or linking news stories to exagerated slights or inconveniences...

When these tales of woe are about discrediting LE doing their investigative work...

When the <modsnip - namecalling> lawyer happens to have gotten off of serious financial crimes and landed on his feet with a bitty conviction thanks to Spota, currently incarcerated for using his strong SC DA arms to obstruct justice....

...I feel like this is a very important part of LISK. For one thing, it is a continuation of Spota et a l's work interfering with the investigation of LISK.

Yet it is difficult to call out the attempts to discredit harmful narratives thrown around like:

There is something wrong with LE doing a lawful search
LE nearly got the victim's cats euthanized
LE forced the victim to live in a rental car

<modsnip - discussing moderation on the thread>

Then, to further make this happen, the same attorneys are making exaggerated claims about the victims troubles. For example, she can get Cobra Or Medicaid. If it is even true that Rex's own business can't continue to pay her premiums. I thought a family member was wrapping up business matters for Rex's business; just pay the premiums for a year. If the attorneys were worried about her interests, they'd be fighting to make sure those premiums get paid, not claiming a fact that the insurance is ending.

Then, they never highlight the most likable things about the victim...like that she showed spunk to the press, and her neighbors. BBQ in her front yard? That's hilariously edgy, but the attorneys don't talk about her strengths. They talk about her mental health, as if she's the crazy one. They never mention any of her concern for the murdered victims.

IMO, the reason they put the victim down as needing to take care of her mental health is so that she will be weakened and not notice that they are suing so THEY will get a paycheck for the lawsuit. That paycheck is in addition to whatever they are getting for their work discrediting the investigation. Maybe the <modsnip - namecalling>lawyer has never properly thanked Spota for keeping him out of jail.

MOO
Add all of your info to media that uses "euthanized" in a D*** headline, and very sloppy reporting work as in not making phone calls to ask how things work but telling you animals are in danger when it's not likely they ever were. For years now, I have had utter contempt and anger at much of today's "news reporting" outlets as they are really "Click bait" publishers who create so much ill will and outright hatred in people. It is all about the MONEY for these publishers. This case is worldwide news. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon trying to get their piece of the pie.

Folks, if the headline uses adverbs or tells you what to think but the story doesn't even include that information, get mad at the writer, editor and publisher.

THIS IS SO WRONG - Gilgo Beach cops 'left cats of suspect's wife in kill shelter' after his arrest

Click on it, see 'SENT TO BE EUTHANIZED' in a sub head in BIG letters . . . .

Just to get your attention. That publisher apparently has no interest in honest reporting or the truth.

We are all getting to know the corruption in Suffolk County that kept this case from being worked and perhaps solved long ago. But please, also pay attention to the media. Question it.

Last edited:
If the attorneys were worried about her interests, they'd be fighting to make sure those premiums get paid, not claiming a fact that the insurance is ending.
They are. They've included COBRA payments and health insurance in the divorce filing papers with the court. Doing their due diligence for Asa.

They are. They've included COBRA payments and health insurance in the divorce filing papers with the court. Doing their due diligence for Asa.
No, I meant compel Rex's business to pay them. It seems like a reasonable separation/divorce demand. Why fund raise to get the alleged murderer off his bills?

I haven't seen those divorce papers, though. Do you think you could point me to them?

MOO

No, I meant compel Rex's business to pay them. It seems like a reasonable separation/divorce demand. Why fund raise to get the alleged murderer off his bills?

I haven't seen those divorce papers, though. Do you think you could point me to them?

MOO

The fundraising will help Asa and her children in covering living expenses beyond COBRA, and also cover COBRA for 36 months if she ends up having to pay this herself because the divorce settlement doesn't take care of it.

I've seen a few MSM sources mention that continuing coverage of health benefits (COBRA) is on the list for what Asa's attorney is seeking as part of the divorce settlement and one of those reports is at the link below. There have been a few other sources, but just saw this one with a quick "google."

fwiw sorry, unintended bolding.

''THE DARK CLIENT​

These people have what I'd consider perverse sexual tendencies. Coming out about their fantasies would be absolute social suicide – like men who enjoy working girls over the age of 18 dressing up as young children, or even making the room they're in look like a child's bedroom. Most girls in the trade would never do that kind of stuff, but it's not unheard of.''​

"They were both successful in their professional lives; they were both married and had children, they were both hardworking, and they had this life that was productive and profitable.

"And then they both targeted people who were small. John Gacy had a preference for diminutive young men and boys who were all small in height and weight; Heuermann apparently targeted women of petite builds.

"And they both liked sex workers. Although Gacy didn't always kill sex workers [...] there were certainly some sex workers involved, and I think they were both sadists and tortured their victims."

''In another similarity, Gacy was married twice and had two children.
Heuermann has also married twice and has one biological daughter and one stepson.''

Conti says she sees shades of Gacy in Heuermann from afar, believing the two men to have been cut from a similar cloth of sociopathy.

She continued: "As weird as these people are they tend to be weird in the same way.

"With Rex, we're probably dealing with a sociopath and a narcissist.''

"There are people who think the rules don't apply to them. They act like the rules apply in the company of others, in their jobs, and in society, but truthfully they don't think the laws apply to them.

"You're going to see that he likely thinks he's the smartest person in the room - Gacy certainly had that trait - and even though they both know killing is wrong, they won't feel that it's wrong because they have no conscience.''

The fundraising will help Asa and her children in covering living expenses beyond COBRA, and also cover COBRA for 36 months if she ends up having to pay this herself because the divorce settlement doesn't take care of it.

I've seen a few MSM sources mention that continuing coverage of health benefits (COBRA) is on the list for what Asa's attorney is seeking as part of the divorce settlement and one of those reports is at the link below. There have been a few other sources, but just saw this one with a quick "google."

Thanks. But, bummer.

I'm not sure Asa has decided to continue with the divorce. I don't see evidence of it. It's her choice, of course.

But whether she really is divorcing or not, still my point stands that whoever is wrapping things up at Rex's business can just pay her premiums before closing the books, no?

No worries if they can't. NY is one of the better states for a variety of Medicaid funded programs. The income limit is pretty high for an adult under 65. And if she exceeds that income limit (around 1.6k per month) there are other options.

But- of course a business that is basically a one man small business operation can just pay the insurance before folding.

In short, there is no reason to worry about the health insurance.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member