Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this correct, Tierney during his campaign agreed with Senator Boyle in calling for a Special prosecutor, while also blasting the former administration as corrupt, but once elected as Suffolk DA has done nothing to bring in a Special prosecutor, instead handling it all himself. I wonder why? Am I missing something here?
So with the exception of having Harrison as SCPC for 2 years, and a task force he put together who actually did their job and made good headway with the case, is the rest of Suffolk county doing business as usual and dragging their feet? IMO is sure seems that way which is why any witnesses seem to be going to Ray instead of LE who just seem to ignore the tips.
On a side note, 1010 WINS radio has been running a piece about Ray’s Dec 8th symposium where Ray has said that there will be several new “victims” present and a lot of new information he has gathered on the case. Some family members of those murdered will be present as well. IMO Tierney must not be thrilled about this.

JMO

calling for a Special prosecutor, while also blasting the former administration as corrupt, but once elected as Suffolk DA has done nothing to bring in a Special prosecutor, instead handling it all himself. I wonder why? Am I missing something here?

So with the exception of having Harrison as SCPC for 2 years, and a task force he put together who actually did their job and made good headway with the case, is the rest of Suffolk county doing business as usual and dragging their feet?

Tierney said he agreed with Senator Boyle asking for a special prosecutor, however, they are referring to asking for the state attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to find out what did (or did not) happen in the early years of the LISK investigation, maybe a probe of who did or didn't do their jobs.

According to their website, Tierney oversees 230 Assistant District Attorneys. I don't know how many are assigned to RH's prosecution
but I imagine a number of them are working hard at getting the case(s) ready for trial. Tierney will be the "lead prosecutor" and will decide who will make opening/closing statements, who will ask questions of which witnesses, etc. The task force is still quite busy, it would seem.

"The DA’s office will continue to work with our [Gilgo Beach] Task Force partners to develop new evidence and prepare the case for trial," Tierney's spokesperson added Wednesday.

Tierney said he agreed with Senator Boyle asking for a special prosecutor, however, they are referring to asking for the state attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to find out what did (or did not) happen in the early years of the LISK investigation, maybe a probe of who did or didn't do their jobs.

According to their website, Tierney oversees 230 Assistant District Attorneys. I don't know how many are assigned to RH's prosecution
but I imagine a number of them are working hard at getting the case(s) ready for trial. Tierney will be the "lead prosecutor" and will decide who will make opening/closing statements, who will ask questions of which witnesses, etc. The task force is still quite busy, it would seem.

"The DA’s office will continue to work with our [Gilgo Beach] Task Force partners to develop new evidence and prepare the case for trial," Tierney's spokesperson added Wednesday.

"Heuermann was arrested on July 14 and charged with three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman and Amber Costello, according to court documents. He is also a suspect in a fourth killing, of Maureen Brainard-Barnes."

Wondering why would he be charged with both first and second degree murders? Why not one or the other.

Does anybody know when this will go to trial? How long might it take to have a trial date?

How unusual is it for the lead prosecutor to try someone? What would be the alternative?

Plus, Tierney always stresses he works within the framework of the "Grand Jury" whose work is always confidential . . .

"Heuermann was arrested on July 14 and charged with three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman and Amber Costello, according to court documents. He is also a suspect in a fourth killing, of Maureen Brainard-Barnes."

Wondering why would he be charged with both first and second degree murders? Why not one or the other.

Does anybody know when this will go to trial? How long might it take to have a trial date?

How unusual is it for the lead prosecutor to try someone? What would be the alternative?
I think lesser charges are included because if a jury wants to convict, but the evidence doesn't say FIRST degree, it gives the jury the opportunity to convict someone they believe to be guilty on "the lesser included charge". Please beware of this as it's from TV and not my personal study.

I think it is probably very unusual for an elected district attorney to personally oversee and conduct a jury trial. As mentioned earlier he oversees more than 200 assistant DAs in a very populous county. Even in small town USA, DAs oversee, but don't actually personally conduct the trial phase.

There's still so much to do, I personally don't think I've seen a trial date mentioned.

"In submitting a count of an indictment to the jury, the court in its discretion may, in addition to submitting the greatest offense which it is required to submit, submit in the alternative any lesser included offense if there is a reasonable view of the evidence which would support a finding that the defendant"

It's to make sure he is found guilty of murder in case the jury doesn't feel it can convict on 1st-degree charge

No one can tell you that, it could be a year or more, or he will eventually plead guilty and there will only be a sentencing "trial".

It's not unusual at all, especially in a complicated high-profile case. He is only one prosecutor working the case, he is the lead but there will be a whole team of prosecutors putting it together and several will be in the courtroom assisting. It is far too much work for one prosecutor.

You need evidence in order to for a judge to sign a warrant for arrest. It appears that they didn’t have evidence, otherwise this ‘other suspect’ would have been arrested.
You need to be the arm of law enforcement that seeks such warrants to obtain a warrant for arrest.

The DA does it's own investigation, but if it comes down to their identifying a suspect that LE is not investigating, they turn that info over to the detectives investigating the crime. They don't seek an arrest on evidence. They would seek an arrest for failure to cooperate with their investigation.

Suffolk County is absolutely shameless. They just keep going. Dissing John Ray, when he is literally doing what LE should do but refuses, take tips! Talking out of both sides of mouths, criticizing the Commissioner's presser (and likely lying claiming it was a surprise), which disempowered the task force, while taking credit for arrests. Pledging to "personally" prosecute a case, while expressing hostility to solving it...it is unbelievable.

And I don't know the exact rules for prison mail. But... some one on Happy Face's side let him receive a literal thank you note from Rex thanking Happy Face and his family for helping Rex and his family! IMO, that should have been censored so it could not earn Happy Face notoriety, and handed right over to NYS or Federal officials to explore the incestous relationships involved among attorneys for the defense, the family, and the prosecution. They should be congenial and stop there. They should not be collaborating.

House transfer and filing for divorce occur on the same day. There is nothing wrong with a friendly divorce as long as it's not fraudulent. But such a divorce can be worked out by both parties with one lawyer. This particular divorce is atypically filed in a county other than where the plaintiff and respondent live; that atypical county of course is Suffolk. (I would like to know if Suffolk may process the divorce, or if it has to be withdrawn and re-filed in Nassau. Any NY family attorneys in the know about this?) The behaviors around the house transfer and the divorce suggest complete cooperation between parties. There is nothing wrong with that until it is considered that the same two attorneys are also advising people with very different relationships to the crimes for which Rex is the defendant. If the attorneys are so cooperative in divorce, how is the public supposed to believe that it is for AE's alleged benefit that her attorney warned her that anything she says can be used against her? How are we supposed to believe that the attorneys are not cooperating on Rex's defense, too?

Happy Face is writing Rex while his daughter is contacting Rex's wife's lawyer, who may practice in spite of his serious criminal past thanks to the now incarcerated Spota, and setting up a way to give his wife tens of thousands of dollars. The attorney has now accepted a contract which seriously brings into question his ability to protect his alleged client when it is now in his best interest to make good TV, both for his own contract and so that his client has funds to pay him.

It has always been suspicious that Macedonio claimed against logic that his client knows nothing, and had nothing for LE; I agree she might not know WHAT experience is important or WHO it helps, but it is impossible she is not a witness to something exculpatory or inculpatory. Macedonio was telling her not to help police, even by helping her husbands defense. (Which would help police/public. We don't want to get the "solving" of the case wrong, do we?) Meanwhile, AE herself didn't say she had nothing to say. She said her attorney told her not to speak because it could be used against her.

Macedonio from the time he first paraded AE around, hinting she had mental health problems, infantilizing her, emphasizing the stress of having her house damaged as something way beyond her ability to cope, appeared very much against her interests. And it earned her ill will for jumping out ahead of the murder victims. There is no evidence that AE was extra fragile or unable to "adult," except that her attorney made her seem as such. But the harm to AE by her attorney has done Rex's defense huge favors. The public has been told in innuendo that a normal evidence search was inappro pirate on the part of LE. And the high-dollar production, which is enriching Macedonio (and potentially creating a conflict in his representation of AE) also happens to help Rex. It does all of the above, blaming/questioning LE, taking focus off the murder victims, but more slickly produced. This is to Rex's benefit, not AE.

These relationships between AE's attorney, Rex's defense, citing that LE may have it wrong because SinI wanted to arrest someone else? Sini? Commingling divorce and defense? DA expresses hostility to witnesses? it is sus, sus, sus. I really wish we had NYS or the Feds involved.

MOO

I think lesser charges are included because if a jury wants to convict, but the evidence doesn't say FIRST degree, it gives the jury the opportunity to convict someone they believe to be guilty on "the lesser included charge". Please beware of this as it's from TV and not my personal study.

I think it is probably very unusual for an elected district attorney to personally oversee and conduct a jury trial. As mentioned earlier he oversees more than 200 assistant DAs in a very populous county. Even in small town USA, DAs oversee, but don't actually personally conduct the trial phase.

There's still so much to do, I personally don't think I've seen a trial date mentioned.
After Tierney announcing that he's heading Heuermann's prosecution it was reported in numerous articles that that's "rare" for a D.A.to do.

You need to be the arm of law enforcement that seeks such warrants to obtain a warrant for arrest.

The DA does it's own investigation, but if it comes down to their identifying a suspect that LE is not investigating, they turn that info over to the detectives investigating the crime. They don't seek an arrest on evidence. They would seek an arrest for failure to cooperate with their investigation.

Suffolk County is absolutely shameless. They just keep going. Dissing John Ray, when he is literally doing what LE should do but refuses, take tips! Talking out of both sides of mouths, criticizing the Commissioner's presser (and likely lying claiming it was a surprise), which disempowered the task force, while taking credit for arrests. Pledging to "personally" prosecute a case, while expressing hostility to solving it...it is unbelievable.

And I don't know the exact rules for prison mail. But... some one on Happy Face's side let him receive a literal thank you note from Rex thanking Happy Face and his family for helping Rex and his family! IMO, that should have been censored so it could not earn Happy Face notoriety, and handed right over to NYS or Federal officials to explore the incestous relationships involved among attorneys for the defense, the family, and the prosecution. They should be congenial and stop there. They should not be collaborating.

House transfer and filing for divorce occur on the same day. There is nothing wrong with a friendly divorce as long as it's not fraudulent. But such a divorce can be worked out by both parties with one lawyer. This particular divorce is atypically filed in a county other than where the plaintiff and respondent live; that atypical county of course is Suffolk. (I would like to know if Suffolk may process the divorce, or if it has to be withdrawn and re-filed in Nassau. Any NY family attorneys in the know about this?) The behaviors around the house transfer and the divorce suggest complete cooperation between parties. There is nothing wrong with that until it is considered that the same two attorneys are also advising people with very different relationships to the crimes for which Rex is the defendant. If the attorneys are so cooperative in divorce, how is the public supposed to believe that it is for AE's alleged benefit that her attorney warned her that anything she says can be used against her? How are we supposed to believe that the attorneys are not cooperating on Rex's defense, too?

Happy Face is writing Rex while his daughter is contacting Rex's wife's lawyer, who may practice in spite of his serious criminal past thanks to the now incarcerated Spota, and setting up a way to give his wife tens of thousands of dollars. The attorney has now accepted a contract which seriously brings into question his ability to protect his alleged client when it is now in his best interest to make good TV, both for his own contract and so that his client has funds to pay him.

It has always been suspicious that Macedonio claimed against logic that his client knows nothing, and had nothing for LE; I agree she might not know WHAT experience is important or WHO it helps, but it is impossible she is not a witness to something exculpatory or inculpatory. Macedonio was telling her not to help police, even by helping her husbands defense. (Which would help police/public. We don't want to get the "solving" of the case wrong, do we?) Meanwhile, AE herself didn't say she had nothing to say. She said her attorney told her not to speak because it could be used against her.

Macedonio from the time he first paraded AE around, hinting she had mental health problems, infantilizing her, emphasizing the stress of having her house damaged as something way beyond her ability to cope, appeared very much against her interests. And it earned her ill will for jumping out ahead of the murder victims. There is no evidence that AE was extra fragile or unable to "adult," except that her attorney made her seem as such. But the harm to AE by her attorney has done Rex's defense huge favors. The public has been told in innuendo that a normal evidence search was inappro pirate on the part of LE. And the high-dollar production, which is enriching Macedonio (and potentially creating a conflict in his representation of AE) also happens to help Rex. It does all of the above, blaming/questioning LE, taking focus off the murder victims, but more slickly produced. This is to Rex's benefit, not AE.

These relationships between AE's attorney, Rex's defense, citing that LE may have it wrong because SinI wanted to arrest someone else? Sini? Commingling divorce and defense? DA expresses hostility to witnesses? it is sus, sus, sus. I really wish we had NYS or the Feds involved.

MOO
Well it seems that whatever evidence may have been obtained and turned over to investigating detectives, it was not sufficient enough to obtain an arrest warrant. Otherwise, thete would have been an arrest made, no?

This has been disgusting me for days. I can't wrap my head around how this letter from Happyface to Rex has been so under-reported. Remember, this serial killers daughter raised funds to help Asa rebuild. "Thank your daughter for raising money for my wife to whom I transferred the deed to our home in full."

'Happy Face Killer' shares letter Rex Heuermann sent him from jail

IMG_0217.jpeg

MOO

This has been disgusting me for days. I can't wrap my head around how this letter from Happyface to Rex has been so under-reported. Remember, this serial killers daughter raised funds to help Asa rebuild. "Thank your daughter for raising money for my wife to whom I transferred the deed to our home in full."

View attachment 463603

MOO
I don't see in the letter where he writes,
"Thank your daughter for raising money for my wife to whom I transferred the deed to our home in full."
or is that your interpretation of reading between the lines? (Which I agree with!).

A couple things stand out for me in this article.

First is the photograph of Rex when he attended court. What's wrong with his face? It reminds me of people addicted to drugs that cause skin lesions, like his body is detoxifying from something. It also looks like he has gained a fair amount of weight. MOO.

This letter RH purportedly wrote and sent to the other fool in prison. So Rex finally writes him back at the end of August as a thank you letter, apparently after RH received more than one letter from him.

But then within weeks -- the guy who calls himself the Happy Face Killer who I find repulsive in every manner -- turns around almost immediately and goes to the media with Rex's letter to disclose what he said? Isn't there a code of confidentiality between felons or something? I don't get it. Is this letter even authentic? This person deserves no air time whatsoever and why is he even allowed to receive mail from another suspected killer. I thought there was a law against felons or suspects communicating with one another? MOO.

Last edited:

View attachment 463603

MOO
Asa Ellerup's fundraiser () set up by Melissa Moore is no longer accepting donations.
The timeline for closing it was when the 1 million deal became public.
I'm curious to know if Asa said she doesn't need/want any more donations or Melissa Moore felt that way or was Moore offended by her and her family making money off of an accused serial killer who she just so happens to be married to?

or is that your interpretation of reading between the lines? (Which I agree with!).

First is the photograph of Rex when he attended court. What's wrong with his face? It reminds me of people addicted to drugs that cause skin lesions, like his body is detoxifying from something. It also looks like he has gained a fair amount of weight. MOO.

This letter RH purportedly wrote and sent to the other fool in prison. So Rex finally writes him back at the end of August as a thank you letter, apparently after RH received more than one letter from him.

But then within weeks -- the guy who calls himself the Happy Face Killer who I find repulsive in every manner -- turns around almost immediately and goes to the media with Rex's letter to disclose what he said? Isn't there a code of confidentiality between felons or something? I don't get it. Is this letter even authentic? This person deserves no air time whatsoever and why is he even allowed to receive mail from another suspected killer. I thought there was a law against felons or suspects communicating with one another? MOO.
I just noticed that RH told HF that he'll be the only person he'll be writing to.

If RH, the accused serial killer didn't write this explosive letter to a convicted (plead guilty) serial killer I would think that attorney Brown would have made a statement days ago denying that Heuermann wrote it.

Could there be an additional arrest made, as in an accomplice? Possibly, but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence that we know of to support the theory that Rex H. had any co-conspirators.
Has anything been previously reported that James Burke went to the same NYC sex club that John Ray's witness testified to in her affidavit?

There are some dots yet no connecting.
Suffolk LE....NYC LE
Swingers and SW'ers
Drugs used..NYC Narc
Long Island residents
Girlfriends who were Black women.

"In a video posted by the Okaloosa County
According to Jesperson he writes to other "killers" too.
Is he referring to just serial killers or any killer that caught his attention?

(Florida) Sheriff's Office (where Jesperson admitted to having committed one of the murders), he says he wrote to Heuermann

"Like I tried to explain to other killers who are arrested, I write to them, and I tell them how the system works," Jesperson said in the video. "When you're dealing with serial crimes, there's a difference than a single murder. You open yourself up for litigation across the board.

"You have no say in the matter, it continues, and continues, and continues. So I always try to tell people to own it. Just admit it. If you're arrested, it means the prosecutor has enough evidence to take you to court and prove you guilty. They wouldn't have arrested him if they didn't, right?

Jesperson said he told Heuermann the same thing, and that Heuermann wrote back saying, "He'd take it under advisement."

Jesperson then rolled his eyes and laughed in the video.'

So…serial killers now have their own helpline where they can get legal advice and financial support??

Except instead of calling they have to contact it via mail?

Odd and perhaps off-putting

Absolutely, all of your questions are hitting the mark.

Asa Ellerup's fundraiser () set up by Melissa Moore is no longer accepting donations.
The timeline for closing it was when the 1 million deal became public.
I'm curious to know if Asa said she doesn't need/want any more donations or Melissa Moore felt that way or was Moore offended by her and her family making money off of an accused serial killer who she just so happens to be married to?
Another possibility, the HFK’s daughter helped coordinate or connect AE to the documentary producers, too.

I find the most interesting and/or telling ipart of the letter is that RH didn't claim his innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500