• The magazine is lying to sell copies.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • It's not relevant & doesn't matter.

Votes: 112 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:furious:

Unbelievable what Trash mags will do to sell their mags

There is another thread about this already and his initials are RM as to who said it
And he is a LOSER cashing in on Caylee - nothing less nothing more

Ugh

And NO I do not believe she has Aids

For Goodness sake :rolleyes: people are unbelievable - Just to get in on the Gravy train.....They ought to be ashamed

Notice he throws in the 280 bucks.....

guess that's part of his *excuse* for selling his "Caylee story".

Did he say in the article he paid for the tests? That's the cost, but there are places that offer free testing, there's health insurance, there are places that test for free or at reduced fee.

I wish there wasn't mention of the cost in the article because it can deter people from getting tested for STDs. Was there anything in the article telling people where they can go for free or reduced cost testing? I hope so...

If done in reputable media, in a non-drama way, it could be an important and responsible piece. Anyone who had sex with KC should be tested because of her promiscuity. STDs are awful things.

Doing it tabloid style and focusing on only one STD doesn't seem responsible or useful to me. Seems silly actually.

I completely agree that STD's are awful and there are guidelines in place for reporting and sharing this type of information. If someone test positive then that authority will add their name to a data base, then the infected person is to tell the Dr., Health Department and CDC of whom they have been with, then the right authorities will contact the next person in line, not publicize it. For example if Casey had aids she would have to write down the name of all partners, now maybe at this point she would not, we just don't know, but LE already knows most of whom she has been with and they would take it from there. If she refuses to give the names of her partners then she could be charge in that matter if someone else contracts the disease. As for the information coming from the Globe well I usually take what they have to say with a grain of salt, granted they do have some truth to their stories. If this was the case they should of just said that anyone in contact with Casey A. should contact their local health department, not advertise that it is possible she has aids. It puts others in a really difficult situation with these kind of allegations is all.

Did he say in the article he paid for the tests? That's the cost, but there are places that offer free testing, there's health insurance, there are places that test for free or at reduced fee.

I wish there wasn't mention of the cost in the article because it can deter people from getting tested for STDs. Was there anything in the article telling people where they can go for free or reduced cost testing? I hope so...

The article is in the 'rumors' thread...

I think it was "DotsEyes" who posted it HERE yesterday, my reply was like #3
& when it posted, I was in the 'parking lot'.....

(LOL...I thought I'd had one too many & fell down the stairs)

sorry for the misinformation, I updated the title & first post with Dotseyes correction (thank you so much).

at least he had enough common sense to be a responsible person(globe dont really count as truthful information)after learning about the kind of person kc may be, but it really is not relevent to the case. it just puts something out there to torture the people involved. its sad that sometimes these rumors get started without thinking about the fall out.

I wonder if the Globe actually paid for the aids test, as a condition of the story? I would bet that would have guys coming out of the woodwork to be tested, if they didn't have to bear the cost.

It's not relevant. It's just a headline disproportionate to the likely truth. Whenever you believe yourself to be in a monogamous relationship and later find that your partner was not, STD testing is recommended. HIV testing is part of a complete STD panel.

Now, anyone at that age who has unprotected sex when not in a long-term committed relationship is playing with fire. But still...the principles hold.

(If entering the "committed" stage during which a transition to unprotected sex is made, it's a good idea for those who've been sexually active previously to have STD screening, including a series of HIV tests over a period of time. It's a pain, but it shows commitment to the relationship and care for your partner. Even my 12-year-old knows this. I realize there's a sense of invincibility during the teens and early 20s---which is why it's important to teach responsibility as part of sex ed---and use every possible opportunity to reinforce it. ::::::stepping off nurse & sex curriculum writer soapbox:::::::: Sorry for the digression--just want my fellow WSs and their kiddos to be safe.)

I wonder why the focus on AIDs. There are so many different STDs, and KC was extremely promiscuous. Anyone who had sex with her should get tested for the full range of STDs. Not all STDs show symptoms, or obvious symptoms. And they're all nasty, and can be spread to everyone else you have sex with.

If you have unprotected sex, get tested!

Didn't LE also ask RM in his interview if he had unprotected sex with KC? I found it odd LE didn't ask every guy she had sex with the same question, unless they did it off tape.

I don't know if they were trying to warn about STDs, had concerns about pregnancy, or if they were trying to assess KC's level of risky behavior. If the latter 2, then I would think they'd ask every guy.

I don't know how much sheriffs offices get into risky behavior assessment during investigations. Maybe somebody here knows?

ETA: sorry for rambling - haven't had my coffee yet... :)

That's exactly what I was thinking. Anyone who has had unprotected sex with anyone (other than their faithful spouse) should get tested. It only takes one encounter to spread any sort of STD, not just AIDS. With Casey's long list of lovers, I'd say anyone she's been with needs to bust a move to their nearest doctors office to get checked out.

at least he had enough common sense to be a responsible person(globe dont really count as truthful information)after learning about the kind of person kc may be, but it really is not relevent to the case. it just puts something out there to torture the people involved. its sad that sometimes these rumors get started without thinking about the fall out.

Anyone having casual, un-protected sex these days are "torturing" themselves.

& shouldn't need a 'rag-mag' to remind them of it.

I think it was tacky sensationalism on the part of the Globe. RM should be ashamed of himself, for profiting off of little Caylee. I can't help but get a little smile over Casey's probable reaction to it though. I'm sure she's pissed.

I think everyone who sleeps around should get tested, and often. It's a scary place now when it comes to unprotected sex and young persons are especially vulnerable due to their lack of maturity and common sense about the matter.

I think the article is just pure sensationalism done to sell papers... but in all honesty, if you were a man and found out that the girl you slept with was out sleeping around with every man that she could get her legs open for, common sense says: get tested for all STDs. (ETA: and don't sell your story to the rags!)

Anyone having casual, un-protected sex these days are "torturing" themselves.

& shouldn't need a 'rag-mag' to remind them of it.

when i said torture i was referring to the rumor not the illness, everyone should at this point know the risks,

There was a comment also by LE to AR ex cop in his interview transcript about him using protection with Casey and he said only the first time. Wasn't sure if they were just trying to ask him a question to make him think about the fact that it might not be a bad idea for him to get tested for STD and possible AIDs without actually coming out and saying it or were asking him because of other information that they had.
I only noticed it because that type of comment did not come up in any of the other interviews. At least the ones we have seen.

As soon as I open this thread my mind went right to that part of the discussion during AR's interview.

The thing is it was not only KC who slept around, I bet all the folks she was having sex with was having sex with others as well. I remember reading in one of her text messages or somewhere that she did not like condoms. I often wondered if she was trying to get pregnant again or what the excuse was for that comment. In my younger single days, I always found it to be the guy who did not want to use a condom.

No, actually the article is entitled "Caylee Mom AIDS Scandal", subtitled "Ex-lover gets tested for killer virus as Casey's caught in x-rated tape shocker."

The "x-rated tape shocker" is the photo we have all seen which most of us believe is not KC.

RM is the "ex-lover" and he is fine, tested negative.

"There is no evidence that she (KC) is HIV positive." Quote from article.

"I had to wait two days for the results of the $280 blood tests, which was nerve-racking. I was worried sick, but thank God I'm clear of any lasting reminders of our relationship." - RM

Thanks for the details!

Re the "tape shocker"...are we sure it's the photo you refer to...was it a tape at some point? Is it her?

There was a commen I t also by LE to AR ex cop in his interview transcript about him using protection with Casey and he said only the first time. Wasn't sure if they were just trying to ask him a question to make him think about the fact that it might not be a bad idea for him to get tested for STD and possible AIDs without actually coming out and saying it or were asking him because of other information that they had.
I only noticed it because that type of comment did not come up in any of the other interviews. At least the ones we have seen.

Last time this was discussed I raised the possibility the police were making things up re STDs when talking to AR. I was involved in a case once where the police are alleged to have told a girlfriend of an accused that her boyfriend had AIDS...they did it in the hope that she would get angry at him and tell them everything she knew out of spite. I can't help but wonder if they used it as a tactic here too, hoping he'd get angry at Casey and give them more info about her.

I think the article is BS, but I mean, who WOULDN'T be tested for STD's or Aids when they sleep with multiple partners, or find out that a person they'd slept with was promiscuous? It's the only rational and responsible thing to do, to be tested.

I still call shenanigans on the story, though:)

It is good for people who are at high risk to get tested. This story is just sensationalism, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back