Gov. Haley Barbour approved full pardons for nearly 200 people

This is CRAZY. Must re-examine a Governor's power to do such things IMO.

Well, here goes; has anyone considered that there was some illicit relationship between the governor and this and other inmates?
That's about the best explanation I can come up with for why a law and order GOP governor would do something this outrageous.

Well, here goes; has anyone considered that there was some illicit relationship between the governor and this and other inmates?
That's about the best explanation I can come up with for why a law and order GOP governor would do something this outrageous.

It has been said online that there is some sort of tradition where the prison guys who work at the Governor's receive pardons. I'm curious if they are normally cold blooded murderers?

It has been said online that there is some sort of tradition where the prison guys who work at the Governor's receive pardons. I'm curious if they are normally cold blooded murderers?

If I were the governor's wife or daughter, I would certainly not want someone who savagely murdered his wife any where near my home. What is wrong with this governor? :banghead: I could understand giving someone who was a petty thief a chance to work in the governor's mansion, but definitely not a killer. This is a tradition that needs to end, in my opinion.

Just got this in my email from CNN alerts:

"A Mississippi judge issued a temporary injunction forbidding the release of any more prisoners pardoned by outgoing Gov. Haley Barbour.

Five convicted murderers were released Sunday, officials said.

"We have ordered that they report to the Department of Corrections," said Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood.

A court hearing on the matter will be held Monday. "

What is going on with this governor? Is he insane?

Just got this in my email from CNN alerts:

"A Mississippi judge issued a temporary injunction forbidding the release of any more prisoners pardoned by outgoing Gov. Haley Barbour.

Five convicted murderers were released Sunday, officials said.

"We have ordered that they report to the Department of Corrections," said Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood.

A court hearing on the matter will be held Monday. "

What is going on with this governor? Is he insane?

Here's a link WOOHOO

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-pardons-by-governor-barbour/?test=latestnews

How do murderers gain such trustee standing as to be allowed to work in the governor's mansion outside the facility? Maybe it is time to end that practice once and for all.

I heard, and the above link confirms that pardons have to be signed a month before they go into effect. Since this odd little example of a man decided to handle these things as he was on his way out the door, none of these pardons are legal, and hopefully, he will not be allowed to make this unusual occurrence happen.

Was he ever intending to run for office again, because it seem that he just committed career suicide. I'm sorry for not knowing more about our individual state's governors, I can just never keep the politicians straight.

I just found this story on CNN and came here to comment.

Thank goodness cooler heads are prevailing. Really, Gov. Barber, what are you thinking?

Being from MS I can tell you all that Mississipians are outraged! I am so glad that Jim Hood stepped in and blocked it. I hope that this block holds and is not just temporary!!

Being from MS I can tell you all that Mississipians are outraged! I am so glad that Jim Hood stepped in and blocked it. I hope that this block holds and is not just temporary!!

Most of the pardoned ones, including the killers, are already out. The only ones still in prison are the 21 that have not been released yet.

More CNN breaking news in my email:

The process of releasing 21 pardoned inmates has been halted after a Mississippi judge's temporary injunction, said state Attorney General Jim Hood.

Outgoing Gov. Haley Barbour approved full pardons for nearly 200 people, including 14 convicted murderers, according to documents the Mississippi secretary of state's office released.

The pardons included four convicted murderers and a convicted armed robber who were released Sunday. The five now must contact prison officials daily as their fate is adjudicated.

Hood, who sought the court's injunction, said Barbour violated Mississippi's Constitution because the pardon requests for many inmates were not published 30 days before they were granted, as required.

The four murderers who were released had worked at the governor's mansion as they served their life sentences, said a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Department of Corrections.

A court hearing on th e matter is scheduled for January 23.

People also have to realize that once her pardoned them, it is as if they haven't committed any crimes. They can legally own guns (considering some of them were convicted of murder with a gun, is that really a good idea?). They are not even going to be considered convicted felons-as if what they did had not happened.

How do murderers gain such trustee standing as to be allowed to work in the governor's mansion outside the facility? Maybe it is time to end that practice once and for all.

I heard, and the above link confirms that pardons have to be signed a month before they go into effect. Since this odd little example of a man decided to handle these things as he was on his way out the door, none of these pardons are legal, and hopefully, he will not be allowed to make this unusual occurrence happen.

Was he ever intending to run for office again, because it seem that he just committed career suicide. I'm sorry for not knowing more about our individual state's governors, I can just never keep the politicians straight.

I do not know how murderers get to work in the governors mansion ,but with unemployment so high I am thinking they could really just give the job to someone more deservng . It cant be cheap transporting prisoners to the mansion everyday. They would probably make out bettter paying low wages to people who need lo wages ,or any wage for that matter.JMO.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...f-violent-criminals-sets-up-miss-legal-battle

"The statement, reported by WTVA of Tupelo, went on to say 13 of the 26 inmates released from custody cost the state a lot of money due to their medical expenses and can be returned to custody if they commit another crime."

Yea, they cost the state a lot of money, AND THEIR CRIMES COST THEIR VICTIMS A LOT OF GRIEF!

That statement just makes my blood boil!

SO, these four or five convicted murderers have to contact authorities daily...as I'm sure they will continue to do, as they are all now automatically decent law-abiding citizens...cuz the outgoing governor said so.

Seriously, how many of these guys are going to just cut and run? I'd bet...all of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back