Governor of South Carolina is Missing- Last Seen Thursday

It's because he's a Republican, and they aren't going to vote for a Democrat.

Exactly what I told my husband. A Democrat or a crappy Republican.(note, not all Republicans are crappy, just saying he is) Guess they made their choice. Of course, this is my opinion only. Please no snark or statistics. Not interested in either of those.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm SHOCKED! Sheesh. Unbelievable. I guess the peeps of SC don't really give much of a care to someone's morality, or lack of I guess I should say.

Right. They should've voted for a Weiner, Edward, Clinton or a Kennedy. :facepalm:

It's because he's a Republican, and they aren't going to vote for a Democrat.

Marion Barry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On January 18, 1990, Barry was arrested with Moore in a sting operation at the Vista Hotel by the FBI and D.C. Police for crack cocaine use and possession.[47] The videotaped arrest was widely broadcast on television, showing an enraged Barry excoriating Moore, who was an FBI informant when she invited Barry to the hotel room and insisted that he smoke freebase cocaine before they had sex, while agents in another room watched on camera, waiting for Barry to accept her offer.

Don't forget about this one now. He got reelected as well. :facepalm:

Morality or lack there of does not stick to one party, there are corrupt and cheaters on both sides of the isle.

The problem is these people (politicians)don't and won't have rules the would make it impossible to run again. That is what needs to happen. It is my opinion that he should never have been able to seek reelection. But that's just me

I think what we learned is that SC was not going to elect a Democrat. I do agree that it was a competitive race, so maybe SC is hoping for a stronger Republican candidate to run next year.

I've always thought he either had a mental problem or a drinking problem. His almost 2500 word Facebook post with its tortured syntax and rambling, nonsensical sentences doesn't change my mind. In fact, it may be a little of both.

His blatant lies to both his family and his staff members that he was "hiking the Appalachian trail" when he was in fact visiting the mistress in South America was both bizarre and pathetic at the same time.

I would bet there was some specific incident that prompted his ex-wife to formally file a request that he have psychological testing at this time. Thus far, she has seemed to be fairly level-headed.

Bizarre info from the divorce filing papers:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/blog/201...ds-deadly-south-carolina-plantation-wonkette/

This makes it sound like the whole family is nuts:

"Wonkette’s Kaili Joy Gray obtained the family court hearing transcript that includes details about the divorce between South Carolina Representative Mark Sanford (R) and his ex-wife, Jenny.

According to Gray, the 79-page transcript details how Sanford attempted to avoid paying college tuition for his son, Marshall, claiming that “I’m renowned for being cheap. I want you to keep in mind again, how [Jenny] knows I’m cheap. Anybody out there knows I’m cheap.” When Jenny attempted to collect tuition money, he claimed to be “really squeezed for cash” after losing his job as governor of South Carolina.

The court documents acquired by Wonkette also shed light on some of the more bizarre details of the Sanford’s divorce settlement — foremost among them, that “the parties agree that…no airplanes will be flown at children.” Jenny’s attorney, Deena S. McRackan, had her describe an photograph taken at the Coosaw air strip.

“This is a game of chicken on the Coosaw air strip,” she said. “And it is Mark Sanford with a pack of children. And the plane is a Mooney. They fly 175 to 200 miles per hour and they fly straight at the children. And the game is to see who can stand up the longest.”

As Gray noted, “the plane flown at children was no toy plane. It was an actual plane, owned and operated by John, another member of the Sanford clan, whom Mark described as the ‘crazy cousin with an airplane.’”

Sanford objected to that photograph being shown during the hearing, because “the picture that was shown, was the plane was going at the people. The plane was at the people — he was flying certainly low level, but he was flying in front of the dock and off, across the river and the boys loved it.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back