Grandma Hollars speaks

This is only IMO but I can not believe what this woman says without proof to back it up. I would want to hear the recordings from the calls.
It just seemed to me that she was basking from attention and thinking ahead about a reward.
Now I'm wondering if there had been something told to her at an earlier date and that is what she is reporting now.
I would be very interested to hear what her relationship with all her grandchildren has been in the past.
Does she favor Misty over the others?
Does she feel that MC could not kill a child because she's a young girl?
Does she dislike JO because he is more local to her and she is more aware of some things he's been involved with whereas the others being long distant they can keep some things quiet from her?
Does she favor one of their mothers more than the other?

Seriously, if I had grandchildren locked up in jail with the murder of a 5 yo little girl hanging over their head, there is no way in he(( I would be on any tv show spouting anything. I would get my butt down there to tell them to tell the truth!

This is multi-generational dysfunction we're seeing and anybody with a lick of sense will run as fast as they can to get free from it all.

VB

I skipped through without reading everything. Please forgive me if this was already said. I believe that Granny wants to be crediable.

What I mean by this is simply, granny believes and adores Misty, if Misty said it...well then of course it must be true.

She doesn't come across as a liar to me, yet. She even told the story she heard about Misty hitting Haleigh with a board, and then said she didn't believe that story. Why would she even say that if it is a story she didn't believe.

I think she might be an enabling g-ma, but I don't know many g-ma's that aren't. LOL

I will entertain the thought of her wanting to turn over any/everything she might have heard if she can help solve this case and collect 35K.

BBM

My thoughts exactly.

Well my thoughts are she is being told stories by known liars. I'll wait for LE to release the tapes.

I skipped through without reading everything. Please forgive me if this was already said. I believe that Granny wants to be crediable.

What I mean by this is simply, granny believes and adores Misty, if Misty said it...well then of course it must be true.

You mean something like, if there's a dog there must be a nanny? If KC has a work bag, she must have a job? Something like that?

Why Granny isn't credible? We were told during the presser the leads did NOT come from Tennessee. Granny is in Tennessee. Granny has been all over the media telling too many versions. On JVM, she told two stories. On NG, she told three stories. It's obvious she wants to throw Cousin Joe under the bus and save Misty, letting Tommy fall where he may. "Oh, Misty wouldn't hurt Haleigh, she loves children." Cry, cry. But she relished in destroying Joe.

Perhaps she HAS been told three different stories, or five, or ten. Everyone knows that family can't keep their stories straight. Why believe one over another? Why save Misty? Misty hasn't told the truth in 14 months when she had lots of time to throw anybody else under the bus. She hasn't because Misty is protecting Misty.

If those kids really telephoned Granny, we'll know eventually when the jailhouse tapes are released with date and time-stamps all over them. If those kids DID make those calls to her, the right thing to do was to call PCSO and let them handle it. If she did call LE, maybe after Tommy already told PCSO his version, the right thing for Granny to do would have been to shut up and stay off television. Her job would have been done and everyone would have respected her for helping get justice for Haleigh. Instead, she's blabbing all over television, chatting with anyone who will listen, with no regard for anyone else but perhaps herself and Misty, and telling numerous variations of what "could" have happened that night. :shakehead:

Believe Granny? She's Lisa Croslin's mother. What more is there to say.
jmo

I haven't seen the Flora interviews yet so I have no personal impressions of her character. But I think it's a moot point anyway. Even if she's true through and through she wasn't there so she only knows what she has been told and she has been told several different stories by well practiced liars.

Oh I believe Tommy called Granny and maybe he said, I can't live with this anymore, please get in touch with my attorney, I want to talk. I think Granny may have taken it from there.

On Nancy Grace she was throwing out rumors as to what possibly happened that night and not anything credible that she was told IMO.

Tommy had information to trade against his criminal charges and I don't think he wasted it on Granny. Supposedly, not only did he meet with his attorney, but also the State's Attorney and that says plea bargain to me.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ng.01.html

But joining me right now is a very special guest joining us tonight in a primetime exclusive. With us tonight is Misty Croslin`s grandmother. It is also Joe Overstreet`s grandmother. It is Ms. Flora Hollars joining us out of West Nashville, Tennessee. Ms. Hollars, thank you for being with us.

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY`S AND JOE`S GRANDMOTHER: You`re very much welcome.

GRACE: Number one, Ms. Hollars, let me tell you that not only myself but my staff have become very attached to little Haleigh and have been praying for her and thinking of her ever since we learned that she had disappeared, and our thoughts have been with you and the family.

HOLLARS: I pray for her every night.

GRACE: Ms. Hollars, tell me about Joe Overstreet. Repeatedly, Misty Croslin has referred to him as being responsible for Haleigh`s disappearance. You have been around him from this -- throughout this entire time. How has his behavior changed since he came back from Florida when Haleigh disappeared?

HOLLARS: His reactions are completely different than it was before he went down there. He`s not the same kid that he was when we went down there. He has a different attitude toward life and all. He just don`t care.

GRACE: Ms. Hollars, how does he react when you come into the room wearing a Haleigh T-shirt?

HOLLARS: Well, it`s my daughter that normally comes into the room wearing one, and he`ll normally turn around and walk out.

GRACE: Has he ever talked to you about the night Haleigh went missing?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am.

GRACE: Have you asked him?

HOLLARS: Not really.

GRACE: Why?

HOLLARS: He just throws his hands up and says, "F" it, and then he`ll get up and walk away.

I believe this bit about saying "F"it and walking away.
Why do you think Hollars's daughter wears a Haleigh t-shirt? Is this Joe's mom or another daughter? I doubt they think keeping Haleigh's face out there is going to help Haleigh be found in Tennessee and they didn't know her at all(presumably). Is it just a show of support to Haleigh's family or are they deliberately trying to get a reaction from Joe?

GRACE: Did Tommy Croslin call you from behind bars? And if so, what did he say?

HOLLARS: He told me he was crying. And he says, Nanny, I`ve got to break down. I`ve got to tell somebody. And I told him, I says, Tommy, I know in my heart exactly what you`re fixing to say. He says, Nanny, what do you mean? I said, Are you going to tell me that Joe did this? He says, Yes, Nanny, Joe did.

Firstly, if Tommy had to tell Granny he was crying he wasn't. (MOO). She'd have heard it from his voice. Second, this is not good as far as confessions go because Granny admits openly that she put the words in Tommy's mouth. But it is interesting that she seems very open to the possibility of JDI. Maybe it's just because that's what Misty told her earlier but I think Joe's behavior plays a part in it. She might be biased because Joe's lived with Granny and she has a better opportunity to observe his drinking, drug use and ways of getting in trouble (if any) than those of her grandchildren in Florida.

GRACE: Joining us tonight is a very special guest, a guest who has been through hell. With us is Flora Hollars. That`s Misty Croslin and Joe Overstreet`s grandmother.

Ms. Hollars, you have heard now three different versions of what happened the night Haleigh went missing. What is the most recent version you have been told?

HOLLARS: What I was told by Misty this morning was that Tommy and Joe took Haleigh and wrapped a yellow rope around her and carried her to the dock and tied a brick around the bottom -- the other end of the rope and throwed her into the river. Now, that come from Misty`s mouth into my ear.

GRACE: This morning?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am.

She says it was Misty who told her about Tommy and Joe tying Haleigh to a brick. It makes sense to me; I believe Misty wants to blame everyone but herself. What is lacking in this account is explanation as to why Misty was there to observe all this, down to the color of the rope, and why she didn't call 911.

GRACE: Could I ask you why they would have done that? Joe Overstreet and Tommy Croslin, why they would have done that? Had they allegedly molested Haleigh?

HOLLARS: That I don`t know.

GRACE: Why would they just throw her in the water?

HOLLARS: I don`t know. (INAUDIBLE) continue to talk to Misty, she`s going to tell me.

The details are lacking but Misty may come up with new specs given time.

GRACE: OK. What is the second version you were told about Haleigh`s death?

HOLLARS: I was told that Misty had knocked her in the head and killed her and that Joe and Tommy got rid of her.

GRACE: Knocked her in the head with what, a cinderblock?

HOLLARS: No, just a piece of wood or something, is the way that it was put to me. But I didn`t believe that when I heard it.

GRACE: Who told you that?

HOLLARS: It come from one of them in Florida, is all I can say.

GRACE: Did they say why Misty would have struck 5-year-old Haleigh?

HOLLARS: No, they didn`t.

GRACE: OK. Ms. Hollars...

HOLLARS: (INAUDIBLE) overdose.

Why can't she say who told her this one? She could say which story came from Misty. Is this story from someone in Florida but not in jail right now? One of them who are still in Florida or one of them who used to be in Florida when Haleigh disappeared? Why didn't she believe this story? Because it blamed Misty? Because she doesn't trust the source? If Joe told her this I would understand she doesn't believe but she said Joe doesn't talk about it so apparently it's not him.

GRACE: What was the first story you were told about Haleigh`s death?

HOLLARS: First thing that I was told was that Joe had killed her. That was the first words that I was told.

GRACE: Why was -- why did he kill her in the first version?

HOLLARS: That I don`t have any idea. I don`t even know whether she was dead when she hit the water or not.

GRACE: Who told you the first version?

HOLLARS: Oh, that may have came from Misty. I`m not sure.

Serious lack of detail here and she's not sure who told her this.

I don't know about you but I think if I was told that my grandchild killed a person I'd remember who said so. And I'd have asked why.

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. Before we go to the lines, I want to go back to Ms. Flora Hollars, joining us tonight in a primetime exclusive. This is Misty Croslin and Joe Overstreet`s grandmother. Ms. Hollars, again, thank you for being with us.

HOLLARS: You`re welcome.

GRACE: And my question regarding the three versions you`ve been told -- who knows if any of them are true -- that you were told in each of these scenarios, where was Croslin? In the first scenario, the one that Croslin told you this morning, where was Croslin when everything happened?

HOLLARS: She didn`t tell me that.

Of course not... And Granny didn't ask any questions?

GRACE: She just said that Joe Overstreet killed Misty -- killed Haleigh?

HOLLARS: He and Tommy -- she said Joe Overstreet and Tommy wrapped the rope around Haleigh and carried her to the dock at the St. John`s River and put a block around the other end of the rope and throwed her in the river.

Maybe she's just echoing NG but it strikes me as odd she refers to her grandson living with her as "Joe Overstreet" but to TC as "Tommy". There is no other Joe involved so there's no danger of confusion that would necessitate the use of last name.

GRACE: But what, Ms. Hollars, could be their possible motivation for killing a 5-year-old girl?

HOLLARS: That`s something that I don`t know! There`s three grandkids of mine that`s involved in this, and I don`t know why! But I`d sure like to know why. They have no remorse or something. But nobody decided to say anything until I broke Tommy on the phone Sunday. And yes, I`m the one that called the detectives. And yes, I`m the one that sent them to the river!

The way she says "Yes, I'm the one..." makes it sound like she's angling for the reward.

I think there is a problem in her timeline some place. Here she says that nobody said anything until Tommy said something on Sunday but a couple of paragraphs above she said she's not sure who told her the first story but it might have been Misty.

GRACE: Well, God bless you. God bless you for finally bringing some peace to this case. I pray to God in heaven that it does. Ms. Hollars...

HOLLARS: I hope so.

GRACE: Ms. Hollars, when Joe -- excuse me -- when Tommy Croslin calls you from the jail crying, what did he say happened?

HOLLARS: He was crying. And I told him, I said, You failed your lie detector test, didn`t you, Tommy? He says, Yes, I did. And I told him, I says, Now it`s time for it to come to a head. I want to know right now. In my heart, I already know. I said, Did Joe do this? He says, Yes, Nanny, Joe did. But he never implicated himself at that time. Misty`s the one that implicated Joe and Tommy.

GRACE: Did Tommy Croslin...

HOLLARS: Misty is coming clean.

GRACE: Did Tommy Croslin tell you what happened, other than he just killed her?

HOLLARS: That`s all he said.

GRACE: I want to remind everyone that according to police, none of the three -- Croslin, Tommy Croslin or Joe Overstreet -- are persons of interest or suspects in Haleigh`s disappearance.

Again, Granny putting words in Tommy's mouth.
I believe her about Tommy failing his LDT.
The way she inserts "Misty is coming clean" in the middle of NG's question about Tommy makes it look like she might be okay about Tommy and Joe doing it but not Misty. Misty is the honest one. :waitasec:

Wonder why they all run to Granny? Daddy seems to be trying to talk to them and get them to do the right thing.
Def something I'd take to my dad before my granny...
or my mom.... (not that I think I'd ever get involved in something llike this & muh grannies are dead so is my mom = ( )

GRACE: Then why, I`m wondering, the dock? The dock? Why would they bring Misty Croslin out to the edge of the dock as she`s pointing out if that were not the spot they used, allegedly -- according to reports, no suspect, no persons of interest -- to throw the child into the water.

Back to our special guest tonight, Flora Hollars. This is Misty Croslin`s and Joe Overstreet`s grandmother. Miss Hollars is joining us out of West Nashville, Tennessee.

Miss Hollars, have police spoken to you? Of course they have because you called them and told them.

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN AND JOE OVERSTREET`S GRANDMOTHER: I`ve talked to the police in Florida. I`m the one that told the police in Florida where to look at.

GRACE: Miss Hollars, in any -- in any of these scenarios did anybody ever tell Ronald Cummings what happened to his daughter?

HOLLARS: Not that I know of. I don`t think they have. Well, maybe his mom and them the other day when they was at the jail because I`ve talked to them, too.

GRACE: What did they have to say about all of this? Did they believe it?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, they did.

GRACE: Are you still in touch with Misty Croslin, or has the jail cut off her phone access?

HOLLARS: They had cut off my phone access, but they put it back on again this morning so she could call. That`s how I got the information this morning.

GRACE: I see the photo behind you of you and Misty Croslin. Do you think she could have had anything to do with this?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, I really don`t think she could. Misty`s too good with kids. Misty loves kids. She`s had an opportunity to hurt them all and she`s kept every one of them. I don`t believe Misty had any involvement whatsoever.

GRACE: With us is Flora Hollars.

BBM. Wonder if the bolded is the explanation as to why Tommy and Misty called within 15 minutes of each other. I don't know who "they" is but if they're LE listening in to Tommy's call they might have given Misty a nudge and wink, look, someone gave you minutes for your phone to call Granny.

Or does Hollars just mean that her access to any calls at her home phone was cut off because she hadn't paid her bills or there was a problem in the lines or something and she got it fixed again?

Is Nanny Hollars credible? IMO, no.
She is repeating what she "heard," but starting to add her own little comments to the stories.
She's doing her very best to try and make things better for her beloved Misty...but I think she is doing more harm than good.
That comment she made about "not knowin' if she was dead when she hit t'water" gave me chills. How can a person say something like that with absolutely no emotion? Just matter of factly, very much like she doesn't care what happened to Haleigh, only what happens to Misty.

Or does Hollars just mean that her access to any calls at her home phone was cut off because she hadn't paid her bills or there was a problem in the lines or something and she got it fixed again?

In my county, (in Ohio) whenever they are going to transport a prisoner, or let them out to go to court, all the phones are shut down for a while, I have been on the phone with someone when it happened. I guess it's for the protection of the inmate, so no one can ambush them, or even help them escape.

If she isn't telling the truth, where are her daughters to deny what she is saying about their kids?

Why won't LE release those phone calls? What was said that LE does not want the public to hear at this time? Has to be something. MOO

JVM said on her show yesterday that Flora Holler will be on her show tonight! I wonder if Levi will be there also and if so if he'll get a chance to ask her a question or two?:waitasec: Probably not-but I can still hope it happens!!:angel:

In my county, (in Ohio) whenever they are going to transport a prisoner, or let them out to go to court, all the phones are shut down for a while, I have been on the phone with someone when it happened. I guess it's for the protection of the inmate, so no one can ambush them, or even help them escape.

O/T

Please know... In no way am I disputing what you are saying but never in my life have I ever heard of such..

She was not there in Satsuma when all this went down, she's just relating what she was told, but adding her own thoughts as well. It does bother me that she claims she suspected Joe even before Tommy and Misty told her.
Why so many stories? If she got her information from Tommy and Misty, and they were there, wouldn't their accounts be pretty much the same? Sounds to me like they're making it all up and sweet little ole granny is falling for it.

poor ole granny... she is the queen :bee: of that family and she is doing what she believes is the right thing. Hope to God I am never in her shoes.

Is it possible Granny Hollars thinks just leading them to Haleigh's remains will bring her the reward money? ("I AM THE ONE who sent them to the river.") Doesn't matter if how Haleigh got there and who is actually responsible is all jumbled up, bottom line reward money for Haleigh's location...then she can bail the crew out, most importantly her blessed Misty?

I don't know, just rambling some.

On a side note, my big old honkin' redneck Daddy hasn't followed this case but was over last night for dinner when NG was replaying clips of Granny Hollars and he is simply fascinated by her. I summed things up, as best I could, and told him she would be on JVM tonight and he asked me "Oh yeah? What's for dinner?"

GMa Hollars said: "its like they have no remorse"

I certainly believe her on that comment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back