Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I'm getting a headache already... hopefully the coffee will solve that!

Mrs Ruseva tried to register her daughter 10 days after she gave birth.

In a document submitted to authorities, she claimed that she was unmarried and did not know who the father of the child was.

But an identity check at the time showed that Mrs Ruseva was married and had two children to another husband.

A note was put on her application which read: 'Warning – she is married'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-records-suggest-gave-away-baby-Greece.html

Interesting.....

His mother, he said, was unable to afford to take all the family back to Bulgaria, and so Maria remained in Greece.

Whether she was sold or simply given away is unclear. One neighbour told local journalists that Mrs Ruseva said she had sold the child for 500 leva (£220).

Isa said he didn't know how many siblings he had – although the family is thought to have between eight and 10 children. Five of them are blonde closely resemble Maria.

"I cannot say if she is my sister," he said, speaking with difficulty to local journalists owing to his dialect and poor grasp of Bulgarian.

"I don't know how many sisters I have. But my mother cried when she saw the picture.

I don't believe this child was sold.

I think it must be horrible and extremely difficult to be hated and poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

And to have so many children that the older brother doesn't even know how many sisters he has is no picnic either.

So is the mother who sold/gave the baby away also going to be arrested?
So now Maria will be raised by strangers? This just all does not seem right.

And to have so many children that the older brother doesn't even know how many sisters he has is no picnic either.

I'm sure, but that's certainly nothing new and definitely not only an issue in poor communities but happens in very wealthy ones too.

So is the mother who sold/gave the baby away also going to be arrested?
So now Maria will be raised by strangers? This just all does not seem right.

Because it isn't. It's very very wrong.

i think a lot of what these people are saying is lost in translation...
this is one of those times when you definitely have to wait for things to settle down.

"Sasha Ruseva, 35, already had two children and was picking olives in the coastal town of Livanates, Greece, when she fell pregnant in 2008, it was claimed today.

Unable to cope, Sasha sold the unwanted tot to the highest bidders - a group of child traffickers.

A mysterious Bulgarian middleman known as 'Michalis' and his prostitute partner then offered baby Maria around central Greece before her adoptive gypsy parents paid 1,000 Euro to keep her"

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/greece-girl-marias-real-mum-2487441#ixzz2ieYn6Kzs
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

"Sasha Ruseva, 35, already had two children and was picking olives in the coastal town of Livanates, Greece, when she fell pregnant in 2008, it was claimed today.

Unable to cope, Sasha sold the unwanted tot to the highest bidders - a group of child traffickers.

A mysterious Bulgarian middleman known as 'Michalis' and his prostitute partner then offered baby Maria around central Greece before her adoptive gypsy parents paid 1,000 Euro to keep her"

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/greece-girl-marias-real-mum-2487441#ixzz2ieYn6Kzs

How interesting... Do you see what was done from one media article to the next?

This is just so sad all the way around. Not because of the criminality which many seen to identify as the offensive issue, but the poverty and impoverished way of life that all these people live in. I don't believe tales of huge dowerys or great financial gain prompted child stealing; instead, I think severe poverty built on an almost unbreakable foundation of discrimination, intolerance and hardship feed these kind of behaviors in this community. It breaks my heart.

mjak

she's not lisa or maddie how i wish i had the magical powers to make it so.

but wait..........those people are not perfect either.

From 2011.. Wondering if the Roma are taking the heat for the real culprits?

http://digitaljournal.com/article/314698

"According to Athens News the Bulgarian mother of a 25 day-old-baby, along with three Bulgarian intermediaries, was caught in the act of attempting to sell the infant to a Greek couple on the island for 12,000 Euros ($16,000).
Ekathimerini reported that Cretan police had been monitoring a suspected illegal adoption ring and were able to catch the Bulgarians in the act of attempting to receive payment. According to a study by Bijc it is almost impossible to make a judicial case against baby sellers unless they are caught at the very moment of exchanging payment. Bijc issued a report on the illegal business in 2004 but demand is still on-going despite millions being spent to put an end to the trade.
The Greek Island of Crete is one of the most popular tourist destination's in the world, yet it has its seamy side too. Island police are aware that Albanians control the market for drug's and prostitutes, Romanians control fake passports and documents, and Bulgarians have control of illegal adoptions".

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/314698#ixzz2ieefheki
bbm

So how old is this poor girl anyway? 4? 5? 6? Good grief what a mess for this baby!

One has to ask why the McCanns are not pounding down the DOOR to get her DNA. ? one would ask? Why haven't they? They KNOW THEY DON'T NEED TO THEY KNOW SHE IS DEAD. Sorry for yelling but I must here.

If anyone she looks like Madeleine. Where are they? Oh raking in the bucks off of charity; etc etc. the UK and SY need to get up to date on forensics and infanticide. Anyone can commit infanticide; even a Dr or a Nurse. So who are these imbeciles that are NOT looking at the McCanns??

They immediately know she's not Madeleine because Madeleine has an eye defect called coloboma which Maria does not. Furthermore, she's also too young to be Madeleine. It really has nothing to go with guilt or innocence. Maria is not Madeleine.

Irwins knew it wasn't Lisa too but they at least pretended.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...they-may-be-parents-of-maria/article15045738/
bbm.
"The family lives in extreme poverty in a two-room home in a Roma camp in the southern town of Nikolaevo, BNT said.

Ruseva said she was not completely certain that Maria was the child she had left in Greece, but that she would like to take her back, if DNA tests prove the girl is her child.

There are an estimated 10 million Roma living across Europe, and they are one of its oldest minorities. The Council of Europe, which monitors human rights, says they are also the most discriminated against minority on the continent."

I just read the Daily Mail article, Maria does look a lot like the other two fair children. Genetically it's quite common to have more than one albino child from the same parents. Don't know why the mother would claim she was not married though? How would that benefit her?

Something doesn't fit in this story. For a healthy blonde, blue eyed baby they could've get much, much more than 1000 euro.

Something doesn't fit in this story. For a healthy blonde, blue eyed baby they could've get much, much more than 1000 euro.

But maybe when you're desperate and in poverty you take what you can get? Terrible that this happens :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member