Ground Searches & communication from LE: UPDATES

TJ put a retraction in about the "search"

Posted: Thursday, 23 July 2009 2:34PM

New Search Information Was Incorrect

An open letter from TJ Hart:

Dear readers,

I regret to inform you that a mistake was made in the information gathered Wednesday that raised the notion that a new search for Haleigh Cummings might be forthcoming.

The rest of the story
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/4862114.php
Since TJ had to write this letter maybe he will be more careful about what information he is passing on in the future. Honestly, I am surprised he acknowledged this instead of simply ignoring it. (Maybe there is hope for him after all...but I am not holding my breath. LOL)

When a "reporter" has to toot his own horn for his credibility...it says something, imo.

I have a solid record for being a trustworthy broadcaster and an incident like this truly hurts me as much as it hurts those involved in Haleigh's safe return home.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/4862114.php BBM

LE has said time and time again they believe she is alive. If you don't have hope you don't have anything.
I can't disagree with that statement. I do hope I am mistaken about my feelings on the situation and she comes home soon. Nothing would make me happier!

LE saying they believe she is still alive could simply mean they have not found any proof to say she is not. There have been no confirmed sightings, there have been no ransom demands, and nothing which would indicate she is alive. Granted, in Caylee's case we had indicators to point to her being deceased early on with the odor in the car, the dog hits, and other things. With Haleigh, we don't have anything. So maybe there is a slim chance there for the family to hold onto. For their sake and Haleigh's, I hope she fits into that one in a million chance category.

I can't disagree with that statement. I do hope I am mistaken about my feelings on the situation and she comes home soon. Nothing would make me happier!

LE saying they believe she is still alive could simply mean they have not found any proof to say she is not. There have been no confirmed sightings, there have been no ransom demands, and nothing which would indicate she is alive. Granted, in Caylee's case we had indicators to point to her being deceased early on with the odor in the car, the dog hits, and other things. With Haleigh, we don't have anything. So maybe there is a slim chance there for the family to hold onto. For their sake and Haleigh's, I hope she fits into that one in a million chance category.

I agree.I pray Haleigh is ok too.I feel they need to be looking both ways and I strongly feel they need to do more ground searches EVERYWHERE especially in Putnam County.It's just real sad.I pray they find out what happened to this sweet little girl soon.

It has been too long and LE is in wait mode. They are a very politically correct group in that area and appear to be afraid to be hard-nose. Misty was not pressed, she was coddled. Ron has coddled her and even married her. He supports her and has not pressed her. He sat there like a dumb bunny on the today show when she said she doesn't know why she gave conflicting statements. He marries the person who was the last to see his DD alive and then supports her. He does not question her...Good Grief!

Ron and Misty would likely sue in a heartbeat if the LE accused them w/o good reason. We know M isn't going to answer unless she likes the officer and he is "nice". John Merchant, who they like, is no longer in charge.

Ron has accepted M's vague answers and doesn't mind if she walked out when things were tough. They should be shaking their heads and these two should be on high alert!

Both of these people have accepted that Haleigh is gone and have accepted it from the very first day. Ron's crying from the first hours she was stolen and the defeat and acceptance says it all. Misty's refusal to deal with LE or FBI because their "rude" also tells us that she considers her own feelings more important. Ron should have kicked her butt and told her to get back in there and "talk"....did he? NOOOOOOO! His words to LE were to the effect, 'I stand 100% behind Misty'.

He backs the person who was vague and cannot give a reason why she gave confusing stories. He simply changes his story to match hers. Come on people, are we really that blind?

We want to know what happened, so does LE. Ron could have insisted she tell everything and insist on why it was and still is confusing. Why they dont have the timeline is insane. Ron and Misty have moved on....period!

I am not blind at all. I see what I feel is the truth which is the Cummings family is not involved in Haleigh's disappearance, imo. Nothing they have said or done in the past almost 6 months has convinced me otherwise. They dearly love Haleigh, imo. There is no one in that family from what I can tell who has anything except true love for her and wants her to come home safely. No one has "moved on", but they do have to continue their lives to survive.

It has been too long and LE is in wait mode. They are a very politically correct group in that area and appear to be afraid to be hard-nose. Misty was not pressed, she was coddled. Ron has coddled her and even married her. He supports her and has not pressed her. He sat there like a dumb bunny on the today show when she said she doesn't know why she gave conflicting statements. He marries the person who was the last to see his DD alive and then supports her. He does not question her...Good Grief!

Ron and Misty would likely sue in a heartbeat if the LE accused them w/o good reason. We know M isn't going to answer unless she likes the officer and he is "nice". John Merchant, who they like, is no longer in charge.

Ron has accepted M's vague answers and doesn't mind if she walked out when things were tough. They should be shaking their heads and these two should be on high alert!

Both of these people have accepted that Haleigh is gone and have accepted it from the very first day. Ron's crying from the first hours she was stolen and the defeat and acceptance says it all. Misty's refusal to deal with LE or FBI because their "rude" also tells us that she considers her own feelings more important. Ron should have kicked her butt and told her to get back in there and "talk"....did he? NOOOOOOO! His words to LE were to the effect, 'I stand 100% behind Misty'.

He backs the person who was vague and cannot give a reason why she gave confusing stories. He simply changes his story to match hers. Come on people, are we really that blind?

We want to know what happened, so does LE. Ron could have insisted she tell everything and insist on why it was and still is confusing. Why they dont have the timeline is insane. Ron and Misty have moved on....period!

I cannot believe that the same things over and over are said about what Ron puts up with from Misty.
We have no idea what has been said and to whom... nothing has been released and I am glad that it hasnt. Of course I am curious but the people involved are acting appropriately as far as keeping their mouths shut and not telling everyone what is going on in this investigation. If there was foul play with any of these people, someone would be in jail, especially with the charges that most of them have had. This was on TV and even the LE could not have let this go on if there was someone that did something to this child.
It is soooo sad and for some reason I think Haleigh is still alive also.
I tend to think she is in Mexico but will have to wait it out like everyone else as I have been wrong at times too.

It would be nice to know who told TJ Hart about new searches, and who "corrected" him. There is far too much unnecessary secrecy and spinning in this case, imo.
So, we continue to wait for this beautiful little girl, whose smile shines like the sun, to reappear.
May Haleigh be found soon.
moo

I wish I knew what makes the family think she will be returned soon. It's over 5 months, who has her and why? They must have some idea or how would they have hope she will be returned? I just don't get it.:doh:

JMO the family knows

If the family knows then they are perpetuating a cruel hoax . Has anyone heard of a case where the parents of a poor family have been secreting a child away and the child has been returned later??!

Lots of wishful thinking going on for us of us but nothing from Ron and Misty. Their actions show what they think of that storyline. Let's get married for Haleigh. She would have wanted that...Puuuhlease! She also would have wanted not to be taken from her brother....but marriage to Misty will make her feel better.. so let's do that! For the public outcry who questions it, they say, "When Haleigh comes home, we will do it all again for her...just in case any of us thought they were a little callous celebrating their wedding while the search was going on, we have been reassured they're are not.

One thing I have learned by being on WS is that simply because it hasn't happened before (or we haven't come across it yet)...certainly doesn't mean it cannot happen. There is case after case here which proves this point.

Statistics don't tell the real story. Numbers don't mean anything when you deal with criminal behavior. They can give an idea of how many crimes are committed in select ways, but they will never give us an idea of new ways for children to go missing and the exclusive reasons behind them.

I would like to understand the problem LE is having searching in the area of that green trailer. If the man lives there rent free, the landlord can grant permission to search the property I would think. If he isn't cooperating either...it is all the more reason to search the area. LE needs to rip the place apart, imo. In order to find out where Haleigh IS...they have find out where she is not! Rule it out completely and move on...

LE is not searching unless they are pushed. They are waiting for someone to confess and tell them where the body is. Same thing they did with kc. They knew all along she was guilty and she knew where Caylee was. They had to wait it out, and they did...a utility worker found her.

I say dispatch that Orlando meter reader to Putnam County!

LE KNEW that CA was responsible because they had proof that Caylee was dead and they had nothing except proven lies from CA from the beginning of the case. Of course, they wanted CA to confess (which she won't).

This is comparing apples to oranges again.

If LE is going to wait on someone to confess in this case...they will be waiting until hell freezes over and then some. Why would the perp confess when they have everyone believing it is the father and his new wife who are responsible for her disappearance?! To kidnappers, this is a perfect scenario. They get away with it and the cloud of suspicion is on others instead of themselves.

LE needs to be pushed into conducting further searches of areas in which they previously were not allowed to search or did not do a thorough search of before. I believe Teresa's instincts should be followed and someone needs to get LE's @ss in gear to search that area. It can't hurt the case and it will only serve to move it forward if nothing is found.

LE is not searching unless they are pushed. They are waiting for someone to confess and tell them where the body is. Same thing they did with kc. They knew all along she was guilty and she knew where Caylee was. They had to wait it out, and they did...a utility worker found her.

I think OCSO found there was decomposition in the trunk of the car. This case is in no way, shape, or form the same as Caylee's.

I do agree with you that LE is not searching unless pushed, I don't think they are doing much of anything unless pushed.

Hi, I found this forum while I was searching for info on Caylee and then I saw Haleigh's name. I watch hln news daily and there seems to be a lot of children missing. I do hope that she will come home, unhurt.

Hi, I found this forum while I was searching for info on Caylee and then I saw Haleigh's name. I watch hln news daily and there seems to be a lot of children missing. I do hope that she will come home, unhurt.

Welcome, hultquist

Do you know this for FACT...... Well I do KNOW for fact they are SEARCHING and take this case very serious.

I would not wish this scenario on my worst enemy.... It is so easy to be so jugdemental without all the facts.

Do you KNOW Ron? Do you KNOW Teresa? Have you met Crystal and aware of the pain she is going through? Many cases involving CHILDREN no matter how old they are tears a family apart.....If all the facts are not known and LE is not broadcasting WTH is going on to feed the publics need to know.... I feel it is in Haleigh's best interest for justice DEAD or ALIVE..... She will be found...if all LE had a magic genie bottle ALL CRIMES would be solved ASAP wouldn't that be a wonderful scenario...or better yet....NO CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN OR ANYONE..... Well the real World does not work that way and PATIENCE is the key to everything in life.

Haleigh will be found either way when she is supposed too.... As for Caylee, she was right around the corner and she was found on a FLUKE....Did that mean LE was not dilegently working on the case?

Yes, it meant LE was not out there searching for a dead body. Too many places to search without a lead.

The difference with this case is the family isn't talking....i.e. Misty and Ron. Get them talking and they might drop some clues. If you know them, find out some information. You may also be able to tell us who is cleared...we knew that in the Anthony case too.

Yes, it meant LE was not out there searching for a dead body. Too many places to search without a lead.

The difference with this case is the family isn't talking....i.e. Misty and Ron. Get them talking and they might drop some clues. If you know them, find out some information. You may also be able to tell us who is cleared...we knew that in the Anthony case too.

Ronald, Misty, and Teresa all have had many, many conversations with LE. We have never heard them making false claims that Haleigh is with a fake person and pretending she is alive! They are not out every day trying to rake in the cash on every corner in Satsuma. They didn't rush to lawyer up. They have not asked LE or Tim Miller not to look for a deceased Haleigh. The list is endless of differences in the two cases and the people involved.

(Bold by me)
Do you know this for FACT...... Well I do KNOW for fact they are SEARCHING and take this case very serious.

I would not wish this scenario on my worst enemy.... It is so easy to be so jugdemental without all the facts.

Do you KNOW Ron? Do you KNOW Teresa? Have you met Crystal and aware of the pain she is going through? Many cases involving CHILDREN no matter how old they are tears a family apart.....If all the facts are not known and LE is not broadcasting WTH is going on to feed the publics need to know.... I feel it is in Haleigh's best interest for justice DEAD or ALIVE..... She will be found...if all LE had a magic genie bottle ALL CRIMES would be solved ASAP wouldn't that be a wonderful scenario...or better yet....NO CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN OR ANYONE..... Well the real World does not work that way and PATIENCE is the key to everything in life.

Haleigh will be found either way when she is supposed too.... As for Caylee, she was right around the corner and she was found on a FLUKE....Did that mean LE was not dilegently working on the case?

Although I've never had a child abducted, like many parents (especially after the Adam Walsh case) it was one of my worst fears when my kids were young. Just the thought alone was almost too much to bear so I can imagine that the reality of it actually happening to your child would be unbearable. I can also see where this could rip a family apart - even the strongest & healthiest of families. With all due respect, in my opinion LE/the investigators have significantly contributed to this polarization that has taken place in this case - a case of a missing little girl became a case of "The Cummings Vs. The Sheffields" because LE/the investigators dropped the ball when it came to investigating the family - on both sides. They followed the process when it came to interviewing & questioning all of the known SO's in the area. They were interviewed/questioned and they were eliminated - expediently & publicly. The family has not been afforded that same process. That process came to a screeching halt for all of them when LE/investigators hit a wall with Misty. Why? Why wouldn't/can't/won't the investigators continue & complete the process with every other family member that is willing and has made themselves available, is being/has been forthcoming and cooperative and either include or exclude them? This inability by LE, for whatever reason(s), to do that has only further entrenched pre-existing battlelines between the Cummings and the Sheffield's and has created a polarizing affect among the community, the media covering the case, and the public in general pitting "one side against the other."

And as far as "feeding the public's need to know," remember it is the "public" that answers the call when a child goes missing by sending food, donations, printing & distributing flyers, volunteering for the searches, holding the family(ies) up in prayer, and fasting & praying for the safe return of the child - In February and March the "public" was being thanked for getting the word out there and for bringing attention to and keeping the focus on Haleigh's case. Of course all of that changed when the "public" reacted (naturally) to PCSO's repeated "public" statements that Misty was the key and that the investigation was basically at a standstill until Misty cleared up some inconsistancies in her story. Just as easily as LE publicly stated that all SO's in the area were interviewed and cleared, they could have done the same with all family members as each one was interviewed and cleared of any wrongdoing but they didn't . . .or wouldn't. I'm sure that the family is enjoying the quiet following the initial media desent but that's the only thing that has changed - the media went home. Haleigh is still missing and each and every family member remains under a cloud of suspicion. I'd be enraged if my child was missing for over five months and I hadn't even been eliminated as a suspect in her disappearance, yet every SO in town was publicly eliminated :furious: I'd be beating down the door at the PCSO and insisting that the process be completed so that I could be eliminated!

The only outcome I want is the truth because only the truth will lead us to Haleigh!!

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81