GUILTY GUILTY VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #9

I don't really think horrorcore rappers are going to be that great of witnesses for the prosecution. First of all, they're not very compelling, believable, or sympathetic characters. Secondly, there is a strong "anti-snitching" ideal held in most rap communities. It would be career suicide for the horrorcore rappers.

I know. But if you go on YouTube to look at interviews some people who represent horrorcore genre insist that they do not promote or ever imagine that their peeps would really do the things that they promote. So if the Defense tried to use SM's horrorcore involvement as part of his defense (that his involvement made him crazy) the horrorcore community would try to deny that. Making any sense?

I posted in response to a proposed angle. Everything in context.

I know. But if you go on YouTube to look at interviews some people who represent horrorcore genre insist that they do not promote or ever imagine that their peeps would really do the things that they promote. So if the Defense tried to use SM's horrorcore involvement as part of his defense (that his involvement made him crazy) the horrorcore community would try to deny that. Making any sense?

I posted in response to a proposed angle. Everything in context.

I know what you're saying. I'm saying that I don't think the prosecution would take that route. And if they were to subpoena horrorcore artists as a type of witness, I don't think they'd be very good witnesses.

Snitch and Ratz.

I am really sort of shocked at them because it is very true as AE says that it is a HUGE no no to cooperate with LE in any way, shape or form in the rapping community. This is exactly why the homicides of Biggie Smallz and Tupac Shakur have never been solved even though there were countless witnesses who saw both murders take place and many people who know exactly who killed them. You just dont rat period.

I know what you're saying. I'm saying that I don't think the prosecution would take that route. And if they were to subpoena horrorcore artists as a type of witness, I don't think they'd be very good witnesses.

Let me explain this a little better woe and anyone else. I'm sure you know that the burden of proof is on the state to prove whether someone is innocent or guilty in a criminal case. However, when you assert a defense like Insanity, the burden shifts to the defense to prove that the person is insane. You can rebut expert testimony with expert testimony. I don't see what other horrorcore rappers would add to this.

Let me explain this a little better woe and anyone else. I'm sure you know that the burden of proof is on the state to prove whether someone is innocent or guilty in a criminal case. However, when you assert a defense like Insanity, the burden shifts to the defense to prove that the person is insane. You can rebut expert testimony with expert testimony. I don't see what other horrorcore rappers would add to this.

Seems to me like the defense is going to have a tough time here unless they can show some evidence of a mental illness of a fairly significant nature.

Seems to me like the defense is going to have a tough time here unless they can show some evidence of a mental illness of a fairly significant nature.

Frankly there is no defense. All they can do is try and save the kid's life.

No one has ever called me the "c" word, not to my face anyway. If they did, I would disassociate myself from them immediately. I've been called a "b" a couple of times. Doesn't carry the same weight and may have been warranted.:crazy: Thanks for the example though; I stand with Oprah. I don't think we should degrade ourselves or one another. Gain power by elevating behavior not joining the ignorant. imo.

Adding - now I'm curious as to why the "c" word is so derogatory. In the Army they used to wear a cap know as an overseas cap. The nickname for it was the "c" cap.

There's a bed-and-breakfast down the beach here that's named Sea-Ward. I laugh every time I pass it.

Sam is a rapper in the same way I am an aspiring NFL quarterback.

Dude! You too? :)

----------------
Hey, just a general note: I believe that making plays on people's names is discouraged around here. It's thought to be unnecessarily disrespectful of the principals in a case. I'm not sure why they've never taken it up with us, but I am pretty sure that I didn't dream this. Just fyi.

I don't think my cousin would go for that. He's a high Art artist, teacher and his works are displayed in prominant places. He conducts himself in the world as a gentleman. He's been out since way before most people (he's past sixty), has had the same partner since college and is wealthy in education, vocation and basically is a busy person who does positive things with his life. He's never had to go on the bandwagon to promote gayness. He's lived his truth and, frankly, we don't discuss it but there's no secret. He's never made himself the poster boy for gay people. He's proud of who he is (or should be) but not based on that he's gay. He just is. It's not the focal point of his public life.
I admire him so much.

Hey, you're talking about my Uncle Tom!

Yeah... but they might be able to. Some of the things we've heard about Sam.... And, you know, there may BE a significant mental illness. That's one more thing we don't know about this case that may be quite the revelation.

Yeah... but they might be able to. Some of the things we've heard about Sam.... And, you know, there may BE a significant mental illness. That's one more thing we don't know about this case that may be quite the revelation.

Someone (ScaryMary?) recently wrote that Sam was looking forward to getting his side of the story out. That sounds like he feels his actions were justified somehow and if only he could tell his side of the story the world would agree with him. This does not sound like someone that suffered a "mental break" and now has remorse for their apparently inexplicable actions. And I seriously doubt any jury is going to agree with his reasoning here.

I've been reading a lot on the "facebook" murder suicide thread where a father killed himself and his baby because he couldn't handle that his girlfriend left him,he has this whole website up posting every letter he wrote to the girl and lots of other stuff...he completely also completely feels that what he did was justified and he thinks the whole world would agree.The scenario that Sam felt justified would make sense considering what he wrote to Mary and still wanting those Dexter books.
But where is the line drawn? Shouldn't murder NEVER be justified?
So why is the death penalty ok to so many people? Why are there so many posters on these threads calling for people to "fry"?Why is it honorable when the government sends you to war to kill people? These are the things I will never understand.
We're all potential victims but we're all potential killers as well.

Someone (ScaryMary?) recently wrote that Sam was looking forward to getting his side of the story out. That sounds like he feels his actions were justified somehow and if only he could tell his side of the story the world would agree with him. This does not sound like someone that suffered a "mental break" and now has remorse for their apparently inexplicable actions. And I seriously doubt any jury is going to agree with his reasoning here.

Well, no, but it does very much sound like someone who is delusional and not aware of right and wrong. See?

Well, no, but it does very much sound like someone who is delusional and not aware of right and wrong. See?

Well no.

It sounds like someone that does know the difference between right and wrong to me. If he actually didn't know the difference between right and wrong, he wouldn't offer a justification at all since he wouldn't be aware that he had done something wrong. He knows he did something wrong, he's just saying he had a reason. Not the same thing at all IMO...

I think the prosecution would be better served to bring in some kind of expert on music and music culture, instead of horrorcore "rappers". Experts would be able to relate that scene with any other form of music that's considered rebellious. I think it would go alot further towards showing that the music isn't what made Sam commit his crimes, if that's the angle the defense goes with.

I've been reading a lot on the "facebook" murder suicide thread where a father killed himself and his baby because he couldn't handle that his girlfriend left him,he has this whole website up posting every letter he wrote to the girl and lots of other stuff...he completely also completely feels that what he did was justified and he thinks the whole world would agree.The scenario that Sam felt justified would make sense considering what he wrote to Mary and still wanting those Dexter books.
So why is the death penalty ok to so many people? Why are there so many posters on these threads calling for people to "fry"?Why is it honorable when the government sends you to war to kill people? These are the things I will never understand.

Killing to prevent further killing is justified.

Yea thats what makes me so interested in what he has to say, it will immediately determine if there is a real sociopathy there or not.

I dont see what real explanation he could have but he does seem to want to share one with everyone so I am willing to at least allow him that before I make my final judgement.

Tell me about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livianth
Back