GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #5

From the link:
"I find that Dellen Millard is capable of gaining the trust of friends, relatives and strangers," Justice Maureen Forestell said while reading her decision in Superior Court in Toronto Tuesday. "Mr. Millard has, however, used his ability to gain such trust as a vehicle for planned and deliberate killings.

"While I accept that rehabilitation cannot ever be completely disregarded, the hope of the rehabilitation of Dellen Millard, in light of his pattern of offending, is so faint that it plays little role in the determination of a fit sentence."

Adam Carter live blog
Dellen Millard sentenced for his father's murder

From the live blog: "Millard is just looking at the courtroom as the judge is reading. He looks very tired, with heavy bags under his eyes."

I pray that Millard will have a very, long rest - a Rip Van Winkel sort of time when no one hears a word from him for the next 100 years.

I was thinking about this the other day.. out of the blue.. just because it's Christmas and I'm shopping, etc.. someone interested in recording equipment.. and I had to take the time to research a few things, and discovered that it's kind of expensive to get all of the equipment and setting, and etc., to create even rap music. (who would've thought?? haha, j/k).

But it hit me suddenly how Smich had aspirations of making some kind of a musical career.. and it seemed that DM was always leading him on about how he was going to help him out that way (financially).. but never seemed to happen... but it occurred to me that while Smich had this thing that excited him and he wanted to pursue, even if he wasn't any good at it yet, and even if it isn't what everyone in life would want to choose for a career, it was something other than killing people...

And when I thought about it, I realized that DM didn't seem to ever have any type of 'ambition' to do *anything*, other than see what he could get away with, push the limits, outsmart people, revel in how seemingly simple it was to get away with crimes, get material possessions for nothing even though he could easily pay for his needs and wants, keep people dependent and down, coerce people into keeping in line, being the rich older guy to be looked up to that could provide for all of his lackeys and keep them safe; drugs, guns and crime.

Although he got what he deserved, I can't feel happy or even satisfaction that he's staring at 75 years in prison, and I can only feel sadness for such a wasted life, and for those he killed and those he took down with him.

From the link:
"I find that Dellen Millard is capable of gaining the trust of friends, relatives and strangers," Justice Maureen Forestell said while reading her decision in Superior Court in Toronto Tuesday. "Mr. Millard has, however, used his ability to gain such trust as a vehicle for planned and deliberate killings.

"While I accept that rehabilitation cannot ever be completely disregarded, the hope of the rehabilitation of Dellen Millard, in light of his pattern of offending, is so faint that it plays little role in the determination of a fit sentence."

This ^^^ says SO much.

From the link:

Let's hope Corrections Canada gets the message here and that we don't hear DM has manipulated himself into a medium security "group setting" type of facility like Michael Rafferty seems to have done. IMO, they are both a danger to anyone they have access to in order to manipulate them for their own needs. They are as much of a danger in prison as they were outside of it.

MOO

And when I thought about it, I realized that DM didn't seem to ever have any type of 'ambition' to do *anything*, other than see what he could get away with, push the limits, outsmart people, revel in how seemingly simple it was to get away with crimes, get material possessions for nothing even though he could easily pay for his needs and wants, keep people dependent and down, coerce people into keeping in line, being the rich older guy to be looked up to that could provide for all of his lackeys and keep them safe;

Ironic then that he had the very word ‘AMBITION’ tattooed on his wrist.
And doubly ironic that were it not for that fact, DM would likely have gotten away with TB’s murder and hence the other 2 as well.

Many times throughout the 3 trials, I felt that some of the judges were being too favourable to the accused. But now, the chances for an appeal being granted, or of winning an appeal, are much diminished by those latitude decisions made by the judges. This is the way the justice system is supposed to work.

My initial avatar on the Tim Bosma forum (while not blatantly obvious), was the view through a ghost-ring sight of a Glock. It represented how I felt at that time. Now my avatar is a hawk seen from my property... free as a bird. A certain sense of freedom from bad thoughts exists now for me. As our society is now freed from this disgusting, reviling reprobate. The victims families each in their own way, are healing to the degree possible. How fitting that all hope of release has now been removed for him today.

Thanks to the folks on WS who helped along the journey to freedom, as a community. I truly enjoyed the dialog and the learning.

May we all experience peace and joy and freedom, as we celebrate the Christmas season!!

This has been my first opportunity to stop in here after hearing of the details of DM'S sentencing.

75 years to run consecutively is what he deserves. He will never see the light of day and will die incarcerated. That makes me smile.

It doesn't bring anybody back but at the very least he can't hurt anyone else and justice has been served for Tim, Laura and Wayne.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

If one of DM's ambitions was to become infamous and get lots of attention, he has achieved that. I can't think of another Canadian murderer who has commanded public and media attention for so long, and on so many separate occasions. What is truly ironic is that he should be viewed as one of the stupidest criminals we've ever seen, given that he himself created and preserved most of the evidence that was the basis for his convictions.

And doubly ironic that were it not for that fact, DM would likely have gotten away with TB’s murder and hence the other 2 as well.
Incredibly ironic on both counts - unbelievable!

If one of DM's ambitions was to become infamous and get lots of attention, he has achieved that. I can't think of another Canadian murderer who has commanded public and media attention for so long, and on so many separate occasions. What is truly ironic is that he should be viewed as one of the stupidest criminals we've ever seen, given that he himself created and preserved most of the evidence that was the basis for his convictions.
The irony just keeps coming.

I just wanted to ask... I have seen it a few times now and I'm confused.. I've seen it published that DM is getting 102 years.. oh wait.. are they meaning that he will be 102 by the time he gets out? Wasn't he older than 27 when he went in tho?

Reactions: Hez

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back