GZ Case - Defense Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that most of us are bored to tears with the lack of information released, but I have already stated some of my reasons. Don't need to have 20 pages of back and forth, on a simple statement/opinion, nor do I want to seem like I am singling you out. :seeya:

Document dump, anyone? :floorlaugh:

Sorry, I saw where you indicated the delay would rake in more $$$, but I figured that was tongue-in-cheek and didn't see any of the other explanations. No problem though :)

IMO, O'Mara would love to have his clients statements as soon as possible. This isn't his only case and he'd probably like to get on with it.

I personally feel the prosecution needed to get past an election and the records are being redacted as we speak. I strongly doubt there is a smoking gun or we'd have heard about it. Watching the bond hearing, there is reasonable doubt that no amount of conjecture is going to overcome. Again, JMO

Sorry, I saw where you indicated the delay would rake in more $$$, but I figured that was tongue-in-cheek and didn't see any of the other explanations. No problem though :)

IMO, O'Mara would love to have his clients statements as soon as possible. This isn't his only case and he'd probably like to get on with it.

I personally feel the prosecution needed to get past an election and the records are being redacted as we speak. I strongly doubt there is a smoking gun or we'd have heard about it. Watching the bond hearing, there is reasonable doubt that no amount of conjecture is going to overcome. Again, JMO

There wasn't a challenger for the election. Nobody else could have won the election, as nobody challenged AC. An election is a couple years in the making, not a couple of months.

Reasonable doubt is already formed in people's mind, from a bond hearing?? Our justice system is in severe trouble, if that is the case. If "we" are to wait for evidence to convict GZ, then we certainly should allow the State to put on their case, or at least release SOME documents to believe he is not culpable, in any manner, for Trayvon's death. My goodness...

ETA: Will anyone here change their mind if the documents lean towards GZ being guilty? I wonder...

There wasn't a challenger for the election. Nobody else could have won the election, as nobody challenged AC. An election is a couple years in the making, not a couple of months.
I've always believed an elected official is only as good as their last failed hot button issue or act of moral turpitude, no matter how long they've been in office. JMO
Reasonable doubt is already formed in people's mind, from a bond hearing?? Our justice system is in severe trouble, if that is the case. If "we" are to wait for evidence to convict GZ, then we certainly should allow the State to put on their case, or at least release SOME documents to believe he is not culpable, in any manner, for Trayvon's death. My goodness...

ETA: Will anyone here change their mind if the documents lean towards GZ being guilty? I wonder...

Let me rephrase, there's not enough evidence for Murder 2, IMO, based on...

Confrontation
"O'Mara: So do you know who started the fight?

GILBREATH: Do I know?

O'MARA: Right.

GILBREATH: No.

O'MARA: Do you have any evidence that supports who may have started the fight?

<Snip> Stopped Following
O'MARA: My question was do you have any evidence to contradict or that conflicts with his contention given before he knew any of the evidence that would conflict with the fact that he stated I walked back to my car?

O'MARA: No evidence. Correct?

GILBREATH: Understanding -- are you talking about at that point in time?

O'MARA: Since. Today. Do you have any evidence that conflicts with his suggestion that he had turned around and went back to his car?

GILBREATH: Other than his statement, no.
<snip> First Punch
O'MARA: Any evidence that conflicts any eyewitnesses, anything that conflicts with the contention that Mr. Martin assaulted first?

GILBREATH: That contention that was given to us by him, other than filling in the figures being one following or chasing the other one, as to who threw the first blow, no.
<snip> Injuries
O'MARA: The injuries seem to be consistent with his story, though, don't they?

Dale; The injuries are consistent with a harder object striking the back of his head than his head was.

O'MARA: Could that be cement?

GILBREATH: Could be.

O'MARA: Did you just say it was consistent or did you say it wasn't consistent?

GILBREATH: I said it was. "
Transcript

Unless they have video of GZ chasing TM down with his gun out, I can't imagine what they have to offset this. JMO

I've always believed an elected official is only as good as their last failed hot button issue or act of moral turpitude, no matter how long they've been in office. JMO

Let me rephrase, there's not enough evidence for Murder 2, IMO, based on...

Confrontation
"O'Mara: So do you know who started the fight?

GILBREATH: Do I know?

O'MARA: Right.

O'MARA: Do you have any evidence that supports who may have started the fight?

<Snip> ...

Unless they have video of GZ chasing TM down with his gun out, I can't imagine what they have to offset this. JMO
So have you seen any this evidence?

• EMT report
  • Autopsy results
  • Results of the blood spatter testing
  • Gunshot residue on TM
  • Testing of Zimmerman's clothing
  • Sworn testimony of each witness
  • Trajectory of the bullet
  • Fingerprint (s) report on the gun
  • Toxicology results
  • DNA reports. Ex: Z's saliva on Trayvon's hands/ Z's DNA found under Trayvon's fingernails, etc...
  • Sustained defensive wounds on Trayvon
  • Voice analysis results of the FBI enhanced tapes
  • Zimmerman's recorded audio of his screaming recreated.
  • Crime scene pictures, including location of truck, where the Skittles and Tea were found...and where blood evidence was found - or NOT found.
  • Video of Z questioning the night of the shooting/next day reenactment
  • Police pictures of his wounds.
  • Statements made by Z that night
I'm pretty sure I can answer that. A: No.

If TM circled his truck, why didn't GZ tell the dispatcher that? GZ was on the phone with LE when TM walked by him.

JMO, HMO

No GZ didn't say to the dispatcher He's circling my vehicle but he did say He's staring at me, He's checking me out, He's coming toward me, He's got his hand in waistband, Something's wrong with him, etc. Then he says He's running. Now if that isn't suspicious.... Imo. We don't always say what we are thinking and TM COULD have been circling his vehicle. All JMO.

The media will be all over it, no matter when it's released. A delay will not postpone that fact. I bet, we can all agree on that one. :yesss:

And I'll still read/view everything for myself instead of blindly believing what the media says :)

No GZ didn't say to the dispatcher He's circling my vehicle but he did say He's staring at me, He's checking me out, He's coming toward me, He's got his hand in waistband, Something's wrong with him, etc. Then he says He's running. Now if that isn't suspicious.... Imo. We don't always say what we are thinking and TM COULD have been circling his vehicle. All JMO.

As much as he was saying, I think (JMO), I'm sure he would have have brought this up as another suspicious behavior on TM if it were true. At this time I don't believe it happened.

• EMT report
  • Autopsy results
  • Gunshot residue on TM
  • Toxicology results
  • DNA reports. Ex: Z's saliva on Trayvon's hands/ Z's DNA found under Trayvon's fingernails, etc...
  • Crime scene pictures, including location of truck, where the Skittles and Tea were found...and where blood evidence was found - or NOT found.

I would assume an investigator on the case would have reviewed all of that information.

• EMT report
  • Autopsy results
  • Gunshot residue on TM
  • Toxicology results

No! I have not, but I am looking forward to it, especially if you had the g/f phone statement. My comment addressed Murder 2, even with the above, I don't see how they can pull it off, JMO

And Angelwings, Yes, I will change my tune if in fact GZ's case is leaning towards guilty.

as of now, everything backs up with GZ and witnesses accounts of what happened.

And I'll still read/view everything for myself instead of blindly believing what the media says :)

I hope you aren't insinuating that our WS members, including me, blindly believe what the media says? That is simply not the case here.

The people here are amazing at putting things together, from reading about the case, not the articles released by the media. Sometimes, they figure out things before the prosecution/defense.

I have no doubt MOM is reading here, or having someone read here, just like JB did.

And Angelwings, Yes, I will change my tune if in fact GZ's case is leaning towards guilty.

as of now, everything backs up with GZ and witnesses accounts of what happened.
An open mind is a good thing. We haven't seen any evidence. I don't think everything backs up GZ right now. The investigator said his 5 statements conflict with the evidence.

I can't wait to read all the documents. We were promised it would be today by one of WS posters. Hmmm... The day isn't over, I guess. :waitasec:

An open mind is a good thing. We haven't seen any evidence. I don't think everything backs up GZ right now. The investigator said his 5 statements conflict with the evidence.

I can't wait to read all the documents. We were promised it would be today by one of WS posters. Hmmm... The day isn't over, I guess. :waitasec:

I don't know that M'OM has even file a motion for discovery yet.

:sigh:

You asked.

I answered.

I have not attacked anyone based on my opinion of them following the media. Attacks are not necessary at all. In fact, I have found myself completely typing out a response, sometimes lengthy, to not submit that response based on my opinion of whether or not that person blindly follows the media.

Unless there is a hearing all information does come from the media. I think most of us are able to figure out what makes sense and what does not and that is why we go back and forth. It is a way to filter out the garbage. It does make a difference when the State brings charges of 2nd degree murder and more people are included to think the State feels they have something to prove their charges. jmo

Unless there is a hearing all information does come from the media. I think most of us are able to figure out what makes sense and what does not and that is why we go back and forth. It is a way to filter out the garbage. It does make a difference when the State brings charges of 2nd degree murder and more people are included to think the State feels they have something to prove their charges. jmo

I stated as much in my vote. I don't see how the state can't have more, but from my current understanding of everything official that I have seen, I have to support Mr. Zimmerman. This may change in the future.

I stated as much in my vote. I don't see how the state can't have more, but from my current understanding of everything official that I have seen, I have to support Mr. Zimmerman. This may change in the future.

And there is nothing wrong with that. But some feel they've heard and seen enough to know GZ is lying. Once you lose that credibility many people feel whatever your statement is it can't be trusted. Other's require more evidence and, again, there is nothing wrong with that. jmo

Ah, I had to follow this back to see what you meant, lol. What Angel was saying is that we'll know when the document dump happens because the media will announce it right away.

Trust me, when it happens we will tear it UP! It's like Christmas for sleuthers!

Ah, I had to follow this back to see what you meant, lol. What Angel was saying is that we'll know when the document dump happens because the media will announce it right away.

Trust me, when it happens we will tear it UP! It's like Christmas for sleuthers!

Ah, it now occurs to me that he/she may have thought that I was saying that specifically to him/her. That's not the case, I was just making the statement in general and do apologize if it was conceived to be pointed at someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012