Hamilton PD: "One Set of Human Remains"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bobcat was used to make a hole in the ground to bury the ash remains. JMO

I've seen that machine! Anyone else remember seeing that same make and model in AMs Facebook photos demolishing a Brick wall? Not sure if it is THE same machine but both the one just posted here and the one I remember seeing on AMs Facebook photos are Takeuchi TL tracked skid steers. May be nothing but worth a photo comparison if anyone can still find AMs Facebook photos?

I've seen that machine! Anyone else remember seeing that same make and model in AMs Facebook photos demolishing a Brick wall? Not sure if it is THE same machine but both the one just posted here and the one I remember seeing on AMs Facebook photos are Takeuchi TL tracked skid steers. May be nothing but worth a photo comparison if anyone can still find AMs Facebook photos?

I remember that tagged as his "new toy" maybe in twitter or instagram. JMO

How did you determine that this was a new and separate area? I found nothing on Mr. Jeffords' feed that suggested that. Let me know if I'm mistaken, but it looks like a photo of the same tent in the same area, just taken from a different angle. Looks like it's against the wooded area at the corner of the field, where the original tent is - just hard to tell with the corn blocking the view of the ground there.

I wondered the same thing but forgot to ask.

Is there any chance this machine was brought in by LE to use in their investigation and they are just taking it out again now? Is it confirmed that this is DM's excavator?

Is there any chance this machine was brought in by LE to use in their investigation and they are just taking it out again now? Is it confirmed that this is DM's excavator?

I was wondering this also as the truck leaving, (can't read the name) looks like it may be a company truck perhaps rental??:moo:

There has been so much media at the farm, I am sure they would have shot it going in as well as out then

I t also looks a little too rough for a publicly owned piece of equipment that would get regular maintenance

There has been so much media at the farm, I am sure they would have shot it going in as well as out then

I t also looks a little too rough for a publicly owned piece of equipment that would get regular maintenance

it would be dirty and appear in rough shape as it was recently used by LE.
maybe it's on it's way for servicing now.

bottom line, we don't know yet, so can't speculate the ownership

Makes one wonder just what was happening in March on that farm, especially since it appears to have been of enough interest for someone to snap some pictures of heavy machinery out at the swamp area.

For those who think the picture taking neighbours might have been "nosy nans".... I wonder how many of us who walk in bushlots, on trails/ farmland (hopefully with owners permission) and notice something out of the norm would also take pictures or make mental note of it? With so many people carrying cell phones with cameras these days, it's pretty easy to snap a pic or two compared to the good old days when we went for a walk on fresh fallen snow, canines romping and having a blast and the darn camera is back at home on the counter. JMO, MOO, IMO

https://twitter.com/trevorjdunn/status/334421765222715393/photo/1
edited to add photo supposedly taken in March of the bobcat machine on the Millard farm

Makes one wonder just what was happening in March on that farm, especially since it appears to have been of enough interest for someone to snap some pictures of heavy machinery out at the swamp area.

For those who think the picture taking neighbours might have been "nosy nans".... I wonder how many of us who walk in bushlots, on trails/ farmland (hopefully with owners permission) and notice something out of the norm would also take pictures or make mental note of it? <snip>

https://twitter.com/trevorjdunn/status/334421765222715393/photo/1
edited to add photo supposedly taken in March of the bobcat machine on the Millard farm

I assume that the land was rented out and can see that corn planted last spring. Does it look to you as though the crop was never harvested? That would be exceedingly strange. In any case, it doesn't appear as though a crop was planted this spring. It might be just the timing, that the LE closed access right when a crop was to go in. On the other hand, it's possible that DM cancelled any rental agreements and had no intention of planting the field, nor allowing anyone on the land, especially if he had any nefarious purposes in mind.

My brother, who lives on the area, had all his crops in by May 9th. It's unusual to see land left unworked in this farming region where land is so valuable.

I assume that the land was rented out and can see that corn planted last spring. Does it look to you as though the crop was never harvested? That would be exceedingly strange. In any case, it doesn't appear as though a crop was planted this spring. It might be just the timing, that the LE closed access right when a crop was to go in. On the other hand, it's possible that DM cancelled any rental agreements and had no intention of planting the field, nor allowing anyone on the land, especially if he had any nefarious purposes in mind.

My brother, who lives on the area, had all his crops in by May 9th. It's unusual to see land left unworked in this farming region where land is so valuable.

Hard to tell but I do think the crop was harvested in the fall. That area looks similar to a field I walk all winter with corn stalks poking through the snow. In other pictures on that twitter feed it looks like some of the land has now been worked but it could be land on the farm surrounding DM's? Can't tell from the pics where they were taken exactly.

In the link I posted, it almost looks like the bobcat got stuck or slid around (right side of photo there is a large rut, I think)

Hard to tell but I do think the crop was harvested in the fall. That area looks similar to a field I walk all winter with corn stalks poking through the snow. In other pictures on that twitter feed it looks like some of the land has now been worked but it could be land on the farm surrounding DM's? Can't tell from the pics where they were taken exactly.

In the link I posted, it almost looks like the bobcat got stuck or slid around (right side of photo there is a large rut, I think)

I will admit to knowing nothing about farming or crops but is it usual to see all that green grass/weeds growing up around the stocks if the field was planted and harvested the year before? It doesn't look to me as though there has been any crop farming done there since it was purchased two years ago but as I've said I am not a farmer nor have I walked through a corn field in the spring LOL.

MOO

Why is it taking so long to determine whether the new remains found are human. Mr Bosma was identified pretty quickly.

Why is it taking so long to determine whether the new remains found are human. Mr Bosma was identified pretty quickly.

Leads me to believe they are human, after id'ing who they belong to and then notifying the next of kin, takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuppie143