Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could be a huge embarrassment to LE if the remains turn out to not be Hannah. The discovery got so much media coverage because it was assumed that Hannah was found. It will depend on how the media chooses to cover the revelation that it is not Hannah...do they simply move on, okay back to the search, or do they make LE sound incompetent? Not saying they are, just that the media might make them look that way. They could be delaying it because they need to think of the best PR-friendly way to tell the media that it is not her. However, I think Hannah has likely been found.

The media might be thinking...Hey, we told our viewers that Hannah was (very likely) found, but now you are telling us that you found someone else? Our viewers are either going to think they we jumped the gun, unless we make it clear you were the ones you made the mistake, and made us assume it was Hannah.

How can pants be described as "tight" when they are located "near" a body, or just on "bones?"

I agree about comfort zone in Albemarle, but given the Fairfax charges, he didn't seem to have trouble getting comfortable elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true. I wonder if he knew the area well too. Guess we may never know for sure. I wonder if the Fairfax crime being interrupted prompted him to return to a familiar and less travelled area?

Question - the rumor cropped up that the skull had no teeth. Is there a link or credible source to support that as a fact?

It would be great if each case had a sticky thread with a (numbered or bulleted) summary listing facts known about the case as well as the links to those facts.

I think I originally brought up the subect in regards to the delay in dental ID. It was discussed last night by a few of us. Just speculation, nothing I heard anywhere.

How can pants be described as "tight" when they are located "near" a body, or just on "bones?"

When those style of pants are not on a body they are very small/tight. Not much bigger than a pair of tights. They expand when you put them on.

IMO "tight" was used as equivalent to yoga pants, stretch pants, or some such. Others have surmised this as well.

Madison Cummings’ property lies to the northeast of that intersection, and Ammonett Branch, fed by multiple springs, tumbles through his land as a gurgling creek with a steady flow. It might be little more than a gully at its headwaters near the investigation site—maps show that the small tributary runs for less than two miles from that spot before it empties into the South Fork of the Hardware River at Diggs Mill—but Cummings said his stretch of the stream has only run dry once in his 10 years there.

http://www.c-ville.com/discovery-remains-new-charges-jesse-matthew-offer-hope-closure/

Please continue here, also remember to stay on topic by checking the thread titles and posting accordingly.

:tyou:

Thanks for the new morning thread. Every time you give us a new morning thread, it's like being served our first cup of coffee of the day. :)

Because leggings are tiny when off the body. They look like they would fit an 8 yr old. JMO

Good morning everyone. Business day 3 today for the ME in Richmond to have the remains. I hope we learn today who it is. Also want to point out when the remains were found, HG friends tweeted out things like "my new angel" and "my sweet girl it was an honor to be your friend". Some are clearly in a tremendous amount of pain. This is just horrific. Lets hope we get confirmation today

IMO "tight" was used as equivalent to yoga pants, stretch pants, or some such. Others have surmised this as well.

It's pretty easy to distinguish visually between slim-fitting pants like leggings, for example, and wider / looser types of pants:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I think it could be a huge embarrassment to LE if the remains turn out to not be Hannah. The discovery got so much media coverage because it was assumed that Hannah was found. It will depend on how the media chooses to cover the revelation that it is not Hannah...do they simply move on, okay back to the search, or do they make LE sound incompetent? Not saying they are, just that the media might make them look that way. They could be delaying it because they need to think of the best PR-friendly way to tell the media that it is not her. However, I think Hannah has likely been found.

The media might be thinking...Hey, we told our viewers that Hannah was (very likely) found, but now you are telling us that you found someone else? Our viewers are either going to think they we jumped the gun, unless we make it clear you were the ones you made the mistake, and made us assume it was Hannah.

LE has no responsibility in what others may assume.

I don't think anyone will ever think LE in this case is inept. And they never said it was Hannah conclusively. Of course due to the circumstances it is very logical to believe it is Hannah. Once they did find human remains they would stop searching and start an extensive investigation around the area the remains were found.

If it is not Hannah the searches will resume.

The media will be all over it just like they have been whether it is Hannah or possibly another victim of JMs. They are not going to just move on for this is a very high profile case that is changing rapidly. LE does not have the expertise to ID remains which are found skeletonized and everyone already knows that.

LE is certainly not incompetent. In fact usually a missing body isn't found by LE searchers but is found by happenstance when someone not even connected to the case stumbles upon the remains. But this time it was LE searchers who found the human remains. It just shows how totally committed they are to this case.

So if it happens to be another victim then this LE has brought some semblance of closure to a family who has been worried where their family member is. Either way I see the entire agencies involved as heroes.

I also imagine as they meticulously search the disposal site area they are also looking for other remains or any other signs that he used this area to dispose of others.

I think that today is the day and that will be know something one way or another.No other reason than just my own intuition.

Im probably in the minority here but I actually appreciate the thoroughness by LE and the ME's office, even if it takes a week or more to determine identity.

It means they are less likely to let a killer walk based on a mistake or technicality.

Im probably in the minority here but I actually appreciate the thoroughness by LE and the ME's office, even if it takes a week or more to determine identity.

It means they are less likely to let a killer walk based on a mistake or technicality.

I agree even if I'm impatient. Better to never know honestly than have him walk.

I think that today is the day and that will be know something one way or another.No other reason than just my own intuition.

Agree

Question: don't police need a search warrant (or at least owner permission) to venture into private property for searches (even if it appears abandoned)? If coming from the direction of searching the park northeast of where the possible remains of HG were found, it appears they'd have had to maybe venture into even a second parcel of private property before reaching the one being described.

Posted this near the end of thread 4 and am still curious. Not because I think LE did anything wrong (quite the opposite, in fact)--but because it gives me perspective on the interview granted by the officer who found the remains.

How many days was it before we had confirmation the little bones were actually those of Caylee Anthony?

Good morning everyone. Business day 3 today for the ME in Richmond to have the remains. I hope we learn today who it is. Also want to point out when the remains were found, HG friends tweeted out things like "my new angel" and "my sweet girl it was an honor to be your friend". Some are clearly in a tremendous amount of pain. This is just horrific. Lets hope we get confirmation today

I think we've all been spoiled in this case by having everything put on urgent priority basis. Now, this has to go into the queue like any other case as it has taken up so much in resources already and the urgency is now over. Perp is locked up, and the body has been found, news broken to parents--I'm sure they know it's her. Now it's sticking to the rules so that a conviction and maximum sentence is obtained. Richmond is not going to drop everything for this case. A lot of cases and situations were shoved aside for it in the past month. NO more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member